Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:16:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I want bitcoins, and this is what I can offer.  (Read 7754 times)
Lord Juan (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2010, 01:06:21 PM

I have been following bitcoin for a while, I am actually generating as I write, and I have to say that I really like the idea and I would like bitcoin to succeed, however my real life economy won't allow me right now to directly purchase them as I am currently having a hard time purchasing anything at all.

Anyway, I believe that a good way to keep a healthy economy is by getting the money to circulate, and it is my hope that something of what I offer may result useful to somebody else with some idle bitcoins lying around, so that I may in turn purchase some of the goods that I have seen offered here that are of interest to me, so that I could create a service that could be used to gain more bitcoins, ad infinitum. Ambitious, I know, but I think it would be very funny to make a unit of a virtual currency worth more that a unit of the currency of my country, and is not that far away.

Works:

- Translation service (English > Spanish)
As a very avid reader, I have proficiency in my birth language (Spanish), and occasionally I do some translation jobs, whether you want to have a document translated, or offer your website and/or services in Spanish I can help you, the cost would be 1 bitcoin for every 100 words.

- Web Development
I don't do web design, my bread & butter is the programming behind a dynamic website, "give life" to a design so to speak: galleries, news, form processing, administrative back-ends, user systems, shopping carts, paypal/bank integration, you name it, I code it. I program in PHP. The cost depends of the project.

- Make a website standards compliant.
I can turn websites into strict XHTML and leave it useful and pretty for every modern browser (I charge extra to support IE6 tho, I hate the thing, thankfully is dying), and I don't mean just pass it through a validation service, I mean really make use of the semantic features of the standard, this always help with the positioning in a search engine. The cost depends of the project.

Games:

I used to play quite a bit of Guild Wars back in the day, I think it may not as popular now, but still, I have a few things there that may be of interest to someone.

- Gold *
50k gold for 100 bitcoins.

- Elite tomes *
1 for 20 bitcoins

- Keg of Aged Hunter's Ale *
1 for 75 bitcoins.

- Lockpicks
1 for 6 bitcoins.

* Prices are negotiable.

Other:

Last but not least, I certainly accept donations to get me started in my world domination plans at 1A6LP84sh2AYtZ841F7zLfz3Y3GKriYXtC

Why would anyone donate me bitcoins?, because, believe me, I will make damn good use of them, the truth is that I recently moved into this city and I haven't fully established myself here so I have some free time and little projects to work on (hence, little resources and my offer to do some work for bitcoins) that are not personal ones, mmm, what else, I believe in privacy and anonymity (which is why I really want to see bitcoin succeed, I am trying to promote it over freenet and with friends), so much that I keep a permanent freenet node working that I seldom (if at all) use, I have contribute a few installers to my linux distro of choice (Slackware), and, well, I am a charming person =P
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lord Juan (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2010, 02:41:13 PM

Thank you =), although I don't know who donated, just let me know if I can do anything for you.
Willsway

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 20, 2010, 10:46:55 PM

You can send me a portfolio of your work, if you wish. I often need to use freelancers.
Lord Juan (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2010, 12:15:19 AM

Sure, I will send you a portfolio over the weekend.

As I mostly do the back-end programming, that can't really be seen in the live sites but I have mounted some of my systems and fill them with bogus data in a server of mine, I will restore them to the default data and send you the live site link and the one I use for show, as well as the access information as well so you can move that one around and see how a finished system behaves.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: