Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:03:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Everyone still using BTC? And what on?  (Read 1513 times)
iluvpie60 (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 05:13:52 PM

Hey guys hows it going?

Haven't been on in awhile. Just wondering are people still using BTC? I actually had a few donations to my youtube channel from people before(scoremaster6 on YT), like .001 and .002. Nothing big. I feel like a lot of people could get into tipping and donating through using BTC.

A lot of people's ad sense gets banned by youtube unfairly, and unless you are with a network you will never earn again. I think it is interesting some people would tip. I myself don't do anything with youtube anymore but my friend does and I have been telling him to accept BTC donations since his ad sense was also banned, my brothers also got banned and he had 2 million total views within a 3 month period when Skyrim came out he made a ton of vids that were good. It really sucked when my brother got banned because 2 million views would have been about $2,000 to $3,000 and he never got any of it, he deleted his channel after unsuccessful appeals. Ad sense is a joke because you can't actually call anyone and they give you automated bs responses about blah blah. If only we knew about bitcoin a 4 years ago maybe I could have got him to accept donations and he could have made something, who knows!

TL:DR

So using BTC can kind of get around the whole not earning thing through ad sense bytaking in donations. Curious as to how other people have come up with ways to use BTC and if people are still using it??
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DeboraMeeks

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 05:15:58 PM

I use it to buy gift cards from gyft and also donating.
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 05:41:52 PM

Im not actively using it as a currency. I dont see how I would benefit buying shit I dont really need when i barely have 1 coin.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 05:43:20 PM

The benefit is the low fee , look at this transaction :

ikydesu

Activity: 686

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 06:08:00 PM

Fast transactions, low fee, and not complicated.
although i exchange to fiat first for buy something Tongue because in my town not available store with bitcoin payment.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 06:23:42 PM

one company I have an interest in is using Bitcoin for remittance payments.

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 06:26:33 PM

I live in Germany working for a US company so...

USD -> Bitcoin -> Euro

A lot cheaper than USD -> Euro through the bank.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Magicman420

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 06:45:15 PM

USD -> Bitcoin -> Euro

Good point never thought of that !!
bitcoinmining

Activity: 381

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 11:40:26 PM

I wanna try Purse.io to use my Bitcoins for buying new iPhone 6 %15-20 cheaper than normal price Cool
rz20
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 11:41:17 PM

I spend it on gambling and humble bundles.
MoneyShot2

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 04:11:51 AM

i use it on localbitcoins to have people deposit from a local bank when sending money abroad. it's very useful for this purpose as it's cheaper and gets around the crappiness of third worl country banks.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄
▄▄ 【BTC】
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 04:28:35 AM

I use it a lot at gyft, especially now that Christmas is around the corner.

Bubbsandbubbs3

Activity: 267
Merit: 252

Squirtle squirt.

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2014, 04:45:51 AM

I use it because I believe in he value of Bitcoin and the Satoshi I get from faucets and the Doge I get will one day be worth something greater

HeroCat

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 08:09:23 AM

BTC is more and more popular in virtual world. A lot of sites are starting to use BTC, and also BTC is expanding in many countries as well - so it is going international too. So you can think by yourself - what is BTC and how it is spreading the world.
turvarya

Activity: 714

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 08:14:40 AM

USD -> Bitcoin -> Euro

Could you describe your process and how much fees you pay in the end?
I was wondering about that for a while, even started a thread about it, but didn't get concrete answers, I would really be interested in some numbers.

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 08:36:21 AM

Bitcoin itself is not ideally suited for micro payments like on youtube. These are the sort of segments which alt coins can target, if they are smart and not try just to pump and dump.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2014, 08:43:54 AM

USD -> Bitcoin -> Euro

Could you describe your process and how much fees you pay in the end?
I was wondering about that for a while, even started a thread about it, but didn't get concrete answers, I would really be interested in some numbers.

USD -> Bitcoin
currently using CoinBase, 1% fee

Bitcoin -> Euro
I use localbitcoins, they charge a 1% fee. I charge 10% above the spot price.

End result: 8% profit via Bitcoin as opposed to around a 5% fee via the bank. A 13% difference. (With a salary over $100k, that is significant)

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 08:51:34 AM

I earning some bitcoin through signature campaigns on this forum, and when I collect enough I cash out and spend Smiley

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Notanon

Activity: 388

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 08:58:49 AM

Yeah, got some parked in Havelock Investments in a fund, so just letting that accumulate in the background quietly, as I was haemorrhaging BTC with the GH amounts I had on cex.io (was almost halving nearly every fortnight!). Also considering a blog that will accept BTC along with a few others like LTC and PPC, though not sure if that will get off the ground yet.
Wintermute

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 09:12:05 AM

Paying an employee in another country with Bitcoin. And I am buying hardware from time to time.

And it seems I am not the only one, who uses Bitcoin. The numbers look good:

https://blockchain.info/charts/n-transactions-excluding-popular?timespan=2year&showDataPoints=false&daysAverageString=7&show_header=true&scale=0&address=

I was also surprised to see that localbitcoin volume is increasing over time, despite the price drop:

http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/localbtcUSD#m1g10zm2g25zvzcv

So it seems people do have use cases for Bitcoin and it gets even bigger day by day. Taking into account the network effect and the investments into the infrastructure I am very optimistic that Bitcoin is on a good track.
fryarminer

Activity: 686

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 01:40:55 PM

OP, you have a valid question.
I personally have no doubt about the future of bitcoin and all my money is in bitcoin. So dont get me wrong. However talking to people over Thanksgiving, I got a lot of: "Oh, is that still around?" "I thought that was a fad and had tanked." "Is anyone using bitcoin anymore?"

There has been a lot of adoption by companies. I think what we need to work on is making it super easy for people to buy bitcoin. Like super easy. Easier than Circle.
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2014, 02:13:13 PM

Maybe one day somebody would set up a new video sharing site where there won't be so much restrictions and they have an advertising program that really pays in btc. Whether it is by pay-per-view or by active click, that would be awesome Smiley oh yeah and also an affiliate program

turvarya

Activity: 714

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 02:33:08 PM

Maybe one day somebody would set up a new video sharing site where there won't be so much restrictions and they have an advertising program that really pays in btc. Whether it is by pay-per-view or by active click, that would be awesome Smiley oh yeah and also an affiliate program
Do you mean this? Wink
http://www.watchmybit.com/

The future is now (in beta)

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: