Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:58:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ideas for Bitcoin art piece to go on world exhibition.  (Read 789 times)
WoodCollector (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 02:14:06 AM

Hello to all,

Many of you here know that i am a luxury artist that works with exotic wood as a medium and am new to Bitcoin. I was asked last week by a major art exhibition firm to submit a piece that could go on their "Facultas" tour. The Facultas tour is a traveling exhibit of art pieces that will make 29 stops in 9 months spanning every continent on the planet. The Exhibition starts in March of 2015.

Facultas is a representation of Power, Means, Capacity and Ability. It is a Latin word which is often used to define the wealthy or those with above average financial means and every piece in the exhibit is to portray this.

Although i am new to the Bitcoin scene, i feel that a Bitcoin art piece would be perfect for this exhibit as Bitcoin in and of itself portrays a lot of these same characteristics.

What i am looking for from the community is some input and ideas on what kind of Bitcoin piece i should create. I think it should be something both artistic, and functional. I would like to somehow incorporate a Bitcoin address with hidden private key (kind of like a physical coin) into the piece so the piece actually holds value, turning the phrase "holding value" into a literal sense on the piece. But beyond that i would like input from this community as i really want it to portray Bitcoin in every aspect. As far as i know to date, this will be the first time in history that a Bitcoin art work makes a mark on art history on this scale as it will be traveling and exhibited with over $500 million dollars worth of art and viewed by some of the wealthiest people in the world. I think this is a great opportunity to let Bitcoin make a mark on the upscale community and bring it into their world as art but spark their interests in it as a financial tool.

Please comment with your thoughts, ideas, and inspirations below, A piece of this magnitude will take a lot of time to complete and i need to get the basic concept together soon so i can start and have it done by February 21st 2015.

Thanks to all !!

ROFLMFAO - The bullshit faggot dictators (A.K.A The Mods) banned this account. May you all rot in cryptocurrency hell.
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
onemorebtc

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 02:57:18 AM

maybe the texture of the wood itself could be used for the privkey?
it is unique for every wood, but i dont know how to convert that deterministically to a number.

most physical coins needs to be destroyed when using the btc. i dont think this is a good idea for your work - they are just to nice Wink

do you have the possibility to craft a nice looking and working lock out of wood? the key and the lock could be the art piece; and inside their is just an ordinary qr code of a MN multisig wallet (means: you still need another key to spent funds.)

maybe building a new case for a trezor would work? imho this would not work for a real artwork - t least for me

^ just a few thought; i will follow your work Wink

transfer 3 onemorebtc.k1024.de 1
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 03:03:45 AM

maybe the texture of the wood itself could be used for the privkey?
it is unique for every wood, but i dont know how to convert that deterministically to a number.

most physical coins needs to be destroyed when using the btc. i dont think this is a good idea for your work - they are just to nice Wink

do you have the possibility to craft a nice looking and working lock out of wood? the key and the lock could be the art piece; and inside their is just an ordinary qr code of a MN multisig wallet (means: you still need another key to spent funds.)

maybe building a new case for a trezor would work? imho this would not work for a real artwork - t least for me

^ just a few thought; i will follow your work Wink

I can carve in hidden compartments that you wouldn't need a lock and key for as you would have to look under a magnifier glass to find the button to push to open the compartment. I can also carve in lock and key mechanisms. I think the Bitcoin stored in the piece would probably remain with the piece forever. Unless i decided to sell the piece after the exhibit and the new owner redeemed the coins. I dont think an trezor case would fit the bill for this exhibit. The average value of each art piece is between $500,000 and $1 million dollars. So what i am creating will fall somewhere in that range as well.

ROFLMFAO - The bullshit faggot dictators (A.K.A The Mods) banned this account. May you all rot in cryptocurrency hell.
papalegba

Activity: 125

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 05:42:23 AM

How about a bob Marley piece?Huh He was such a beautiful soul and united people for a great cause back in his prime. Marley art pieces always sell for top dollar
WoodCollector (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 05:59:50 AM

How about a bob Marley piece?Huh He was such a beautiful soul and united people for a great cause back in his prime. Marley art pieces always sell for top dollar

Thanks, but i want to do a bitcoin piece

honeydrew

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 06:03:34 AM

This is a very good idea, make a physical BTC with teakwood and tigers eye oak inlay. Expensive, but worth it and all of its beauty.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: