Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 06:41:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Great Pump of December 10th & 11th - a few concerns  (Read 2469 times)
thefunkybits
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 12:01:44 AM

With the immediate news of Microsoft accepting Bitcoin for digital goods on the Windows Phone and Windows Store marketplace it was amazing to see that China lead the pump.  This was something I have not seen in a while and was fun to be a part of.   

There is only one problem....

There is no new money.  Expect this to go down before or on the weekend.

Indeed, I tend to agree with this thinking...If Paypal and Dell are any indicators we shouldn't be getting too excited

It'll be interesting to see what happens within the next week
jesuslovesyou

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 01:08:00 AM

yes, here. Open your heart.
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 03:53:26 AM

You realize how many new coins are mined right? You also realize a lot of that has to be sold asap right?
We would be tanking A LOT faster than this gradual decline over the past months if no money was entering the BTC economy.
We are keeping quite strong for the current inflation rate.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 09:16:09 AM

TLDR;  There is no new money.  Expect this to go down before or on the weekend.

No new money immediately but its more good news for the network effect.  $350 is the new $10 from 2013, 100 fold move incoming 2015-2016.
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1301

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 12:39:01 PM

-snip-

that's the first time i've ever seen someone too-long-didn't-read on their own OP.
 Cheesy

The TLDR needs to be at the top though so we can skip the rest.
grappa_barricata

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

playing pasta and eating mandolinos

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 02:53:23 PM

the microsoft news is not bad for bitcoin, but it is negligible for bitcoin price

Fortune cannot take away what she has not given.
aztecminer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 05:09:51 PM

With the immediate news of Microsoft accepting Bitcoin for digital goods on the Windows Phone and Windows Store marketplace it was amazing to see that China lead the pump.  This was something I have not seen in a while and was fun to be a part of.   

It went up about $17 dollars...  If this was 2011/2012 we would of seen the price skyrocket Mt. Gox style.   So - with that indicator.  I knew China was going to dump before their work shift ended (4PM China time) and here we are back to the $350 level.  Why is that?   I think the reason has to do with people that entered the pump were shorting the whole time (sub 350) and re-entered the market.  That action is all we got.  At the end of the day - there is no new money coming into Bitcoin otherwise the price would be steadily climing this morning with the news.   Its 10AM EST as of this post and price is moving sideways.

Microsoft recently add one more way to accept USD from bitpay company, however many fake news about "it is accepting bitcoin" came out and some of us buy this troll,

The bitcoin price is going to crash even harder after this "delay" caused by fake news same as PayPal made their announcement, you know what happened about the price crash

Microsoft does not accept bitcoin
Microsoft does not hold any bitcoins you pay to bitpay company
Crash incoming!

the flaw in your logic is that you think that any business or company who accepts bitcoin needs to hoard it and that if they do not hoard the coins then it is a bad thing.
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 05:37:48 PM

It went up about $17 dollars...  If this was 2011/2012 we would of seen the price skyrocket Mt. Gox style.   So - with that indicator.  I knew China was going to dump before their work shift ended (4PM China time) and here we are back to the $350 level.  Why is that?   I think the reason has to do with people that entered the pump were shorting the whole time (sub 350) and re-entered the market.  That action is all we got.  At the end of the day - there is no new money coming into Bitcoin otherwise the price would be steadily climing this morning with the news.   Its 10AM EST as of this post and price is moving sideways.

Microsoft recently add one more way to accept USD from bitpay company, however many fake news about "it is accepting bitcoin" came out and some of us buy this troll,

The bitcoin price is going to crash even harder after this "delay" caused by fake news same as PayPal made their announcement, you know what happened about the price crash

Crash incoming!

the flaw in your logic is that you think that any business or company who accepts bitcoin needs to hoard it and that if they do not hoard the coins then it is a bad thing.

And the flaw in yours is assuming that events like microsoft allowing kids to buy xbox games with bitcoin is only going to result in selling bitcoins, entirely missing that increasing utility drives adoption.
aztecminer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 05:42:54 PM

Crash incoming!

And the flaw in yours is assuming that events like microsoft allowing kids to buy xbox games with bitcoin is only going to result in selling bitcoins, entirely missing that increasing utility drives adoption.

hmmmm, i must have forgotten i said that .. where did i say that ?? I can't seem to find it.
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2014, 07:52:43 PM

Great pump? Laughable.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
rogerdonkey

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 08:19:17 PM

thats great bitcoin price strong on range $300-$400

fewcoins

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2014, 02:59:44 AM

thats great bitcoin price strong on range $300-$400

Strong meaning stuck at 350 & constantly going under it?? We just went under 345 with 400 coins waiting to stop any advance of even a dollar...
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: