Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:03:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC Sell out  (Read 2200 times)
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 05:59:37 PM

Oh absolutely. I've been wrong quite a few times and I've went back and adjusted my trust rating on the persons I've misjudged accordingly. I have no problem with doing that since it takes just a few clicks of the mouse. I'd much rather have to click my mouse button a few times and correct an incorrect trust rating than see somebody get scammed. I hope you can understand. Good luck with your sale.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoins101

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 06:05:33 PM

JustAnotherBitcoinFan, I'm curious why you left me negative feedback? Do you have reason to believe that I've scammed somebody as indicated in your comment, or did you leave me negative feedback purely out of retaliation? If the latter, that's blatant abuse of the Trust system. The reason I left you negative feedback is because your account went dark a year and a half ago and now it has suddenly come back online selling BTC. Prior to your resurrection you had never set foot in Currency Exchange. If you can demonstrate ownership of the 36+ BTC that you claim to have, or use a trusted escrow (not me, because this would clearly be a conflict of interest), I'll remove the negative feedback. However, I strongly suspect you'll do neither.

As stated before I left you negative feedback cause you fit a trend of what some escrow scammers have done and try to do to scam people.  It's my right apparently to leave you negative feedback if I feel you could merely be at risk of scamming people...right?  I have also asked about 30 other members who have stayed active here since the last time I was here (their post as well as trust is pretty high now a days) to check you out as well and leave feedback if they feel your scamming people as well.  I have fought business's who tried to screw bitcoin users and you will be no different to me. (see bitinstant as example)

It's your right, but that doesn't mean you're right. Do you think TomatoCage would have a good reputation if he scammed people?

Sending unsolicited PMs is actually against the rules.

A screenshot doesn't prove much.

It is obviously right to leave bad feedback to people you only suspect...tomato does it all the time.  He has been wrong a great many times about people too.  If you go out and arrest 30 people nearby a bank robbery...1 might end up being the robber but you locked away 29 innocents in the process.  He don't care about the innocents ones he screws cause either way it goes good for him.

The issue is, for every 30 guys making a post like this, there may be 29 scammers and 1 guy who is legitimately trying to trade. Do you kind of see where he is coming from, now? I'm sure he'll remove the negative trust after he sees that you've completed a transaction with a real member, have funded an escrow address, or have signed an address containing the coins.

raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 06:11:00 PM

what a very, most, strange thread  Undecided

"Buy my donkey."

followed by...

"I don't like summer vegetables"

and...

"I'm jealous of you so i'm not going to trust you with my donkey."

it is, i am sure, a most, very genius way to conduct a trade.
I'll offer 3 magic beans for all your bitcoin.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4613

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 08:39:20 PM

Why is my offer being ignored?

I would be happy to purchase some of those bitcoins from you.  Either you can send first, or we can choose any of the following to handle escrow:

John (John K.)
escrow.ms
OgNasty
monbux
Maidak
Dabs

I'd be willing to purchase 8.57143 BTC for $3000.  If you are willing to come lower on the price, I'll buy even more.

What payment methods do you accept?
JustAnotherBitcoinFan (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 02:37:12 AM

Why is my offer being ignored?

I would be happy to purchase some of those bitcoins from you.  Either you can send first, or we can choose any of the following to handle escrow:

John (John K.)
escrow.ms
OgNasty
monbux
Maidak
Dabs

I'd be willing to purchase 8.57143 BTC for $3000.  If you are willing to come lower on the price, I'll buy even more.

What payment methods do you accept?

I apologize Danny I wasn't trying to ignore your inquiry.  I just got back on, and I had someone else recommend some escrow providers from on here as well.  I am getting ready to take the time to look through them. I am now down to 20.67 so I still have enough to sell to you.  As far as payment methods go, I am open to just about anything...I did a green dot earlier for 6.33 and i received about 6 different codes but it worked out well.  Just private message me any ideas, like I said I am open to ideas, suggestions, and any helpful information.  I will say, I am not desperate so I am not going to go ridiculously under their value, just done with mining and trading.  I also have my miners for sale to, anyone know if I would post them in this same area or somewhere else.  I am guessing pictures of them with their serial numbers and etc would be enough to legitimize them on here or are there other standards for those as well?
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 02:55:49 AM

I apologize Danny I wasn't trying to ignore your inquiry.  I just got back on, and I had someone else recommend some escrow providers from on here as well.  I am getting ready to take the time to look through them. I am now down to 20.67 so I still have enough to sell to you.  As far as payment methods go, I am open to just about anything...I did a green dot earlier for 6.33 and i received about 6 different codes but it worked out well.  Just private message me any ideas, like I said I am open to ideas, suggestions, and any helpful information.  I will say, I am not desperate so I am not going to go ridiculously under their value, just done with mining and trading.  I also have my miners for sale to, anyone know if I would post them in this same area or somewhere else.  I am guessing pictures of them with their serial numbers and etc would be enough to legitimize them on here or are there other standards for those as well?

Payment methods will depend on where you are located.

I can do Vanilla Reloads or GreenDot MoneyPak if necessary.  I can also send via MoneyGram (I deliver cash to a local MoneyGram location and you can pick up in 10 minutes).

For lower costs if you are in the U.S. there is Walmart 2 Walmart money transfer.

If you aren't in a hurry, I can send U.S. cash or U.S. postal money orders via Priority Express for overnight delivery to most U.S. locations.

If you are within 100 miles or so of Chicago, I could even meet up for a face-to-face exchange.
Alloxxio

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 03:20:12 AM

I'll buy everything you have at -1% Bitstamp, in one single sell.

Any method is fine, but prefer cash by mail or face-to-face.

You can choose the escrow, as long as it is a reputable one.
Window2Wall

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 03:38:44 AM

Already sent screen shots of my BTCe account with additional info to two different members.  I'm not going to give the person who did that to me anything.  They did it out of pure intention for their escrow business.  That is why a lot of us have been wondering why they can be allowed to do that just out of business advancement.  There was no evidence or anything...check it if you don't believe me...they do it to others all the time.  If you want proof just message me and I will give it to you no problem at all.

I'm pretty sure I made it clear that I have no interest in escrowing your trade:

If you can demonstrate ownership of the 36+ BTC that you claim to have, or use a trusted escrow (not me, because this would clearly be a conflict of interest), I'll remove the negative feedback. However, I strongly suspect you'll do neither.

Emphasis added. Screen shots don't really count. Just sign an address or get DannyHamilton to serve as escrow. Once your funds are loaded into the escrow address I'll remove your negative rating. I'm sorry if it feels like I'm trying to strong-arm you into using escrow, but there have been far too many scams here and unfortunately I really don't know of any other way to help others from becoming victims of fraud.

That seems a bit ridiculous...strong arm everyone into using escrow if they dont fit "your" criteria!!!  Wonder why people thinking your a scam.  You just pointed it out yourself...you don't know any other way.  How about only leave bad feedback on those you have references or proof of.  Your using high rank here to benefit the escrow business that you are involved with, when you are leaving poor feedback on people you have no proof of anything negative about then says it all.  Also didn't you use to defend bitinstant a long time ago...could of swore there were some issue there too?
Although my opinion probably does not carry any weight in your eyes, I have freedom of speech and will give my opinion -

From what I have seen tomatocage is fair when giving feedback. Although he does charge "1%" for his services I would think he is willing to negotiate for the sake of keeping the community safe. Even if he is not willing to lower his escrow fee, there are plenty of very reputable escrow providers who will provide escrow for free.

There are a lot of scams on this forum and the chances are if you are trying to trade with someone without escrow one of you are going to try to scam (there are a few exceptions to this rule and DannyHamilton is one of these exceptions - at least I think he is). I have also seen a large number of instances where people have posted on the currency exchange section, agree to sell a large amount (or buy a large amount) of bitcoin and then disappear when escrow is to be funded - this results in both the escrow provider and the other person attempting to trade having their time waisted and in others not wanting to trade on here at all.

If you are concerned about privacy then I would suggest that you mix your coins to a newly generated address, then send your coins back to another address via a mixer, and then sign a message with an address that recently had the 20+ BTC that you claim to have. This would at least decrease the chances of your buyer's time being wasted and may result in more people making you offers that have a higher price which would result in your advantage.

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 03:54:07 AM

Payment methods will depend on where you are located.

I can do Vanilla Reloads or GreenDot MoneyPak if necessary.  I can also send via MoneyGram (I deliver cash to a local MoneyGram location and you can pick up in 10 minutes).

For lower costs if you are in the U.S. there is Walmart 2 Walmart money transfer.

If you aren't in a hurry, I can send U.S. cash or U.S. postal money orders via Priority Express for overnight delivery to most U.S. locations.

If you are within 100 miles or so of Chicago, I could even meet up for a face-to-face exchange.

Awesome I am about 2 1/2 hrs from chicago...I use to buy coins and miners from a guy from up near there.  If things don't work out with the others I am talking to I will DEFINITELY take you up on that offer of just meeting up and doing that way...lol I was just telling someone that I use to do these type of transactions in person all the time...have bought 25k worth of coins from people in person before.  Most of my miners I met up in person to buy them.  Thank you very much for that offer, best one yet.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 04:10:07 AM

Awesome I am about 2 1/2 hrs from chicago...I use to buy coins and miners from a guy from up near there.  If things don't work out with the others I am talking to I will DEFINITELY take you up on that offer of just meeting up and doing that way...lol I was just telling someone that I use to do these type of transactions in person all the time...have bought 25k worth of coins from people in person before.  Most of my miners I met up in person to buy them.  Thank you very much for that offer, best one yet.

Not sure what direction you are I'm about an hour or so south of Chicago (a bit south and west of Joliet).

I'd be willing to drive another hour or so from here to meet you in the middle if you are south or west of Chicago.

I'll be needing additional bitcoins before December is over, I don't know if you want to sell me what I can get now, and then possibly meet up a second time if you still have some left, or if you just want to meet once later in the month and get it all done with one trip.

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 04:20:18 AM

Not sure what direction you are I'm about an hour or so south of Chicago (a bit south and west of Joliet).

I'd be willing to drive another hour or so from here to meet you in the middle if you are south or west of Chicago.

I'll be needing additional bitcoins before December is over, I don't know if you want to sell me what I can get now, and then possibly meet up a second time if you still have some left, or if you just want to meet once later in the month and get it all done with one trip.

I'd throw out the name of the guy in your area that has done many high price transactions with me in person...but I can't seem to reach him on google or threema atm to get permission.  Anyways I have begun a negotiation with someone from here and am going to see how that goes first.  I am a decent person, if I start a deal with someone I want to finish it one way or another.  If it doesn't work out then we are a go...meeting up in person is far more quicker and simpler to me any day of the week.
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2014, 04:57:37 AM

Anyways I have begun a negotiation with someone from here and am going to see how that goes first.  I am a decent person, if I start a deal with someone I want to finish it one way or another.

Just so it's no mystery or that he's making anything up, the someone he's referring to is me. I PM'ed him since the first post when he still had red trust lol

Deal is pending, just waiting for him to choose his own escrow.

DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 05:15:13 AM

I'd throw out the name of the guy in your area that has done many high price transactions with me in person...but I can't seem to reach him ... to get permission.

I'm pretty sure I know who you are talking about. If I'm right, then I've had several transactions with him myself. If you do get in contact with him and it's who I think it is, then you can ask him about me. He'll know me by my bitcointalk ID.

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 06:25:51 AM

I'd throw out the name of the guy in your area that has done many high price transactions with me in person...but I can't seem to reach him ... to get permission.

I'm pretty sure I know who you are talking about. If I'm right, then I've had several transactions with him myself. If you do get in contact with him and it's who I think it is, then you can ask him about me. He'll know me by my bitcointalk ID.

Lol well he is really big on the encryption messaging stuff, so its hard sometimes to get ahold of him.  I will tell him your name, I will try getting him to come on too...think you all might be a bit shocked to find out just how many coins I have had and just how much cold hard cash he has got from me...well him and some others had to put their coins together when I was buying.  Anyways yea I will let him know your id on here, I really really trust him given all the transactions I have done with him and transactions he has mediated in person with me.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 04:17:52 PM

Cool, looks like things are straightened out. Sorry about that, JABF. It's just that your absence for over a year and sudden account resurrection seemed like someone bought your account. I'll revisit your Trust rating now. Thanks for the followups.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 06:00:06 PM

Cool, looks like things are straightened out. Sorry about that, JABF. It's just that your absence for over a year and sudden account resurrection seemed like someone bought your account. I'll revisit your Trust rating now. Thanks for the followups.

Got a bit tempered, I apologize...you will be seeing me active around here more.  Seems like some very interesting topics out there I could contribute too as well.  I got a nose for when the value of bitcoins is going to go up or down.  Anyways sorry for being mean to you.

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 04:39:07 AM

Lol you were thinking of the right person.  He stopped by and updated my feedback as well.  If you have had successful transactions with him then I for see us doing business from time to time as well.  Although now that I have tracked him back down, I will probably continue business with him as well.  I have more accts with more bitcoins so I have wrote your name down so I don't forget it in case I need to sell some quickly.  Do you also sell them too or just buy.  I have done both for quite some time along with mining, can be very lucrative.

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 08:13:56 PM

I will buy all of your bitcoins via MP.
I will beat all offers here by at least 3 percent.

Contact me if your current deal(s) fall through.
Thanks for your time and effort.

I'd say the current deal is covered...if by some crazyness it fell through than there are already others waiting to buy.  I will post more up when the time comes.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: