Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:01:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would no-interest banking improve the banking system?
It depends! I'll explain below... - 0 (0%)
Yes, interest is at the root of the problems banks cause! - 3 (50%)
No! The current banking system is the best way! - 1 (16.7%)
No! Banking is not for me, and I will not use it in any form! - 1 (16.7%)
It will be the only kind of banking left, if/when cryptocurrencies become dominant! - 1 (16.7%)
I don't know! - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 6

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Poll] no-interest banks such as JAK  (Read 1912 times)
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 04:05:54 PM

People who can't afford to buy things they need.
I didn't know buying the latest iphone and ipad was something "they need"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Haidang1796

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 08:40:30 AM

Ive just studied about the development of the banking system in the US. Wish I was back then, when the bank was so stupid Grin
Now they are much better. I feel we dont need to improve it anymore Grin

blodyx

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 01:34:39 PM

Hi Sammy

I wonder how Jak thinks about Bitcoin, and other crypto currencies, they are based on the same principles as Jak.

Sincerely,
blodyx

Hej,

Tack för din fråga. Det kan bli dags för en faq om det på webben. Rent generellt är vi positivt inställda till alternativa valutor, lokala såväl som digitala. Och så länge som de används i sitt syfte dvs att motsvara ett reellt bytesvärde och inte är spekulativa och är till för att tjäna pengar på pengar eller liknar någon form av pyramidspel. Tyvärr har vi idag inte möjligheter att i våra system hantera Bitcoin eller andra typer av valutor som betalningsmedel och inte resurserna att övervaka transaktionerna ur ett penningtvättsyfte som en sådan hantering skulle utgöra.

Vänliga hälsningar

Sammy Almedal, VD

­JAK Medlemsbank

A fast translation...

Hello,
Thanks for your question. It may be time for an FAQ about it on the web. In general, we favor alternative currencies, local as well as digital. And as long as they are used in its purpose ie to correspond to a real exchange value and are not speculative and are there to make money from money, or similar to some sort of pyramid scheme. Unfortunately, we currently have no opportunities to in our systems handle Bitcoin or other types of currencies as legal tender and not have the resources to monitor transactions from a money laundering purposes as such handling would be.

Sincerely
Sammy Almedal, VD
JAK Medlemsbank
imanikin (OP)

Activity: 702
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:47:46 AM

A fast translation...

Hello,
Thanks for your question. It may be time for an FAQ about it on the web. In general, we favor alternative currencies, local as well as digital. And as long as they are used in its purpose ie to correspond to a real exchange value and are not speculative and are there to make money from money, or similar to some sort of pyramid scheme. Unfortunately, we currently have no opportunities to in our systems handle Bitcoin or other types of currencies as legal tender and not have the resources to monitor transactions from a money laundering purposes as such handling would be.

Sincerely
Sammy Almedal, VD
JAK Medlemsbank
Thank you. It's amazing how even employees of a progressive bank don't seem to understand that the currency they use now is there to "make money from money" and "similar to some sort of a pyramid scheme", because of interest, debt-base, seigniorage and fractional reserve banking. Society in general is so well brainwashed into accepting the status quo that they don't even realize they are being scammed and robbed by the government and banks...

Anyhow, it's useful to know JAK's position, and a sign of progress that they need a FAQ about it. Doesn't sound promising for Bitcoin in interest-free banking, because barring a complete apocalypse of the current system, Bitcoin won't be legal tender, and anti banking privacy/spy on your customer laws aren't going away either. 

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:57:44 AM

AFAIK, the Islamic Bank of Bitcoin is still in existence. I don't often take loans anymore, but when I do occasionally snipe one or two from the lending section if I feel it's very safe, I won't charge interest or take collateral. Tips almost always exceed what I ask in everything, so I'm totally cool with freedom, and it helps along a "pay what you can" model I'm fond of -- some people don't tip, and that's fine. It just sucks for unestablished people... you work 10 hours a day, 6 days a week, you really don't have much time to be faffing about on Bitcointalk.

ETA: IBB link - http://www.ib-bitcoin.com/
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: