Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:43:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain not offering hosting anymore for S4  (Read 1410 times)
Nightshiftgirl (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 05:36:59 AM

I have been having so much trouble with getting my miners working, accept the S3+, U3s are junk, S4 and C1 I am unable to get running, I thought that I would have them host a S4 or two. 

It seems they no longer have the option of hosting only direct shipping. 

I wonder what that is about?

Barbara

▬[  FXPay.IO  ]▬   
▌ A Decentralized Gateway to The World's Digital Ecosystem  ▌
▬▬  MAIN SALE STARTS 1st AUGUST▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn  | Facebook| ▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
grn

Activity: 357
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 06:22:41 AM

You seem to have more trouble mining than anyone on this forum ever. Perhaps you should try a less technology oriented hobby,

How is that Lexical analysis working out bickneleski?
Speedster1978

Activity: 94

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 06:30:00 AM

What problems are you having with the S4? I've had no issues so far with mine, just plugged it in, assigned the correct IP for my network, and it's been hashing away since...

___ dock.io _______Decentralized professional data exchange powered by Ethereum_______
WHITEPAPER     █ █ █ █     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     █ █ █ █     ANN THREAD
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ● ⚫ ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Nightshiftgirl (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 06:43:23 AM

I really don't understand what is going on, I have built computers, water cooled them overclocked them, SLI'd 4 video cards just because I wanted to, not for mining or gaming just to say mine is the fastest, but always with windows. I have never had this much trouble,

I guess this stuff is different, it is a much more closed system, but if we want it to go mainstream, and keep it decentralized, it has to move beyond the young tech folks.  Folks my age with assets and an interest in bitcoin can go far in spreading the word. I spend a lot of time explaining BC to other "old people" and a few have even gotten accounts at Bittrex for fun.

I might be having a rough start and I am not always sure of where it is going but I know that at any age one should be willing to try new things and keep the mind sharp as possible.  

PS
I wrote Fortran via key punch in the early 70s  I was writing machine 6502 code on Vic 20s and Commodore 64s
So yes I have been around and will be around, when they bury me it will be with my Surface Pro,

Barbara

▬[  FXPay.IO  ]▬   
▬▬  MAIN SALE STARTS 1st AUGUST▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn  | Facebook| ▬▬
Nightshiftgirl (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 06:51:19 AM

Speedster,
 My S4 was doing great, Fact I am planning on buying another before the coupon expires. When I first started it after taking the SD card in and out.  Then I decided that I wanted to underclock it to lower the fan noise, I saw some setting that would lower the power and such to hash at 1300, and put them in.  System crashed and I have been unable to get it going again,  I am having a massive issue  (Massive being in my own mind) but I cant seem to flash a sd card correctly to get it running again.  I have written about it a lot in the S4 and C1 forums and I keep doing the same thing as they tell me over and over. ( that is the definition of insanity) with the same results,  Format the sd card, use win32 to burn the image,   put in in the miners, nothing happens just fans spinning
When I first started I could view the files on the SD card but after my first attempt at flashing all I get is windows can not read the card do you want format it?  Thus the insanity circle.  The C1 has never run, and when I could get the web interface it said the root/root was not the correct password.

I really am insane

Barbara

▬[  FXPay.IO  ]▬   
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 09:26:09 AM

Hang in there Nightshiftgirl,there are some good folks here who should come to your rescue  Wink

I gave up on BTC mining due to power costs otherwise I'd help.The last BTC miners I used were the S1's & they were the BOMB!!!!!!!  Cool

BTW,congrats on taking the miner plunge,best of luck Lady!!!!!  Grin

Do you have a link to where you downloaded the firmware Huh  I'll see if I can figure it out,but don't hold your breath.........since I don't have a SD card layin around or an S4/C1  Sad

I may jump back into BTC mining...IF I can find decent hosting.I'll be selling my altcoin miners soon,power is killing it for me again  Cry

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
ASICSPACE

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

Feel free to contact me via email, skype or phone!

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 10:09:57 AM

You can have miners sent directly to our hosting facility.

★★★★ Bitcoin Miner Hosting! ★★★★ $55/kw-month ★★★★ http://www.asicspace.com/ ★★ Best Prices in the hosting Industry! ★★★★
Polivka GmbH

Activity: 135
Merit: 101

Hydromining!

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 11:13:33 AM

...Or mine, in Austria, Europe
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 04:06:54 PM

Bitmain is paying .35 cents a KW..... that is crazy... I pay .10 cents.. hosting, no thanks I get them shipped to me Cheesy.

At .35 cents/kw..  it is a money losing adventure.
Deagle21

Activity: 333
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 07:07:20 PM

Have you tried using WinSCP to log into the S4 thru SSH.  Just type in the ip address and user/pass info.  This should give you a windows explorer look inside the S4 programming files?
pak13

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 10:00:40 PM

Bitmain is paying .35 cents a KW..... that is crazy... I pay .10 cents.. hosting, no thanks I get them shipped to me Cheesy.

At .35 cents/kw..  it is a money losing adventure.

I know bitmain lost their way with the u3 and c1 but really? I assume you meant to say 35 cents a KW not 0.35 cents? I can go as low as 1.8 cents but haven't found better.
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 12:05:03 AM

Speedster,
 My S4 was doing great, Fact I am planning on buying another before the coupon expires. When I first started it after taking the SD card in and out.  Then I decided that I wanted to underclock it to lower the fan noise, I saw some setting that would lower the power and such to hash at 1300, and put them in.  System crashed and I have been unable to get it going again,  I am having a massive issue  (Massive being in my own mind) but I cant seem to flash a sd card correctly to get it running again.  I have written about it a lot in the S4 and C1 forums and I keep doing the same thing as they tell me over and over. ( that is the definition of insanity) with the same results,  Format the sd card, use win32 to burn the image,   put in in the miners, nothing happens just fans spinning
When I first started I could view the files on the SD card but after my first attempt at flashing all I get is windows can not read the card do you want format it?  Thus the insanity circle.  The C1 has never run, and when I could get the web interface it said the root/root was not the correct password.

I really am insane

Barbara

ive seen that before, you need to get your sdcard reconditioned, use the following program:
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

then try with a newly downloaded image file...

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
Nightshiftgirl (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 12:50:22 AM

ive seen that before, you need to get your sdcard reconditioned, use the following program:
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

then try with a newly downloaded image file...

Thanks I have tried that several times.  Dogie says to put the whole file uncompressed on the card, I have tried both ways still down, but I got the C1 running because a kind someone sent me the actual image from a card that was working in a machine.

I really like how quiet the C1 is, I think that might be the way to go,

Now if some one will send a link to an actual img file I would be very grateful.

Just ran some numbers 4 S3+ would cost about   .34 a Hertz while 2 C1s would cost .255 a Hertz, making it a better deal in a smaller space if they hold up  Quiet too.

S4 is really loud for home hosting

Barbara

▬[  FXPay.IO  ]▬   
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: