Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:12:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Share your knowledge of Whiskey  (Read 99 times)
loicuagio1979 (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:31:55 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2018, 05:03:28 AM by loicuagio1979

Long long ago, it has been commonly known that guiding or binding standards on how to enjoy a drink in a consistent way is somehow unacceptable worldwide. This is true for all beverages, including non-alcoholic beverages & alcoholic ones, including brandies such as Whiskey, Cognac, Vodka, Gin, Rhum, or other local and regional spirits. There are many different ways of enjoying the same kind of spirits which depending on each ethnic group or each communities of different geographical areas. When the communities getting rejected, criticized or unconvinced, they tend to find all sorts of reasons to defend, argue and prove their habits, styles. Nevertheless, in some specific circumstances, the given reasons are perfectly reasonable and justified. It may be the weather condition, the climate of every region, the habit of using the same or similar beverages that have existed in the certain community for generations, the availability of the ingredients, drinks, food supplement of each region ... These ones significantly contribute to the culture of enjoyment of drinks and food in the region.
French aristocracy and the Cognac makers have given up on introducing the Cognac tasting culture which has been well known as formative and traditional stylish of French. In the other hand, because of high level enjoyment of tasting the first class drinks gradually affected the business activities of the French Companies. The French has recognised that and changed their way of marketing for more than 15 years by advising their customers with smiles that “Drink Cognac with your tastes”. You can take a Cognac in neat with the Cognac Snifter, or by Tumbler, or small goblet, or jigger. You can also drink with an ice or mixing with some kinds of drinks that you like. It is up to you and you only. That is the phenomenal change! These beautiful words can be spoken out from business or marketing manager, or the Distiller or even Chairman. There are some real Cognac Connoisieurs in the above men, they are still forced to say that untrue words to the drinkers who pay for Cognac distillers though. After a Cognac dinner which may be held in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh, Shanghai, Taipei, Hongkong, Singapore, Bangkok or somewhere in Asia, the conservative Connoisieur chap shall look in the mirror with his tie loosen and ask himself: Da fud did I say? Where on earth this kind of Cognac drinking culture from?

Edit:

On the contrary to French’s conservation of glittering and aristocratic past, whiskey makers & UK Whisky merchants seem to be more realistic. They are very familiar with local styles in many regions of the world where Scotch Whisky is carried to by them for sale. Drink neat only? Yes, traditional style of the Scotch used to be that way. Adding a few drops of pure, holy water to help Scotches exposes more of its flavor? Yes, that's great, it's the Scottish style that has still been preserved up to now. Adding some ices to the goblet, right? Yes, this place is quite hot, so drink with the fruit is very appropriate. Taking a sip from aromatic drop of whisky which is blended with the ice will help you to have a better feeling. Mixing it with ginseng water? Yes, it is true that Korean Gingsen matches perfectly with whisky and it will help you rapidly recover your health from a tired working day. Mixing it with green tea? Yes, nothing is more perfect than that.

to be edited soon!

Please share your thought and knowledge of whiskey!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Satsibul

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 09:33:32 AM

Whiskey is a good drink, but it's alcohol. I try not to drink alcohol. I drank only once for a friend's birthday
infinitewars

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 06:10:45 PM

I once tried whiskey at college and got intoxicated so much that i puke afterwards. so whiskey is not my jam
loicuagio1979 (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 05:10:05 PM

Quote from: vagiz16
White horse or Jack daniels

As i still remember, i tried White horse a year ago in my friend's birthday party. WH is the blend whisky which was first distilled in 1861 by James Logan Mackie. It is now owned by Diageo. My friend said that he bought it at $10/ bottle. When i tasted it, it made me think of Lagavulin distiller and Islay (Scotland) and it's great. Can you please tell me your taste?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: