Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:37:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Labs ASIC release date - no earlier than February 2013  (Read 5994 times)
ice_chill (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 10:08:56 AM

Hi guys, I basically had a prophetic dream vision last night, that the BFL Labs ASIC won't be shipped until February 2013 at best.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joshv06

Activity: 991
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 10:14:56 AM

Hi guys, I basically had a prophetic dream vision last night, that the BFL Labs ASIC won't be shipped until February 2013 at best.

I don't even want them to ship, they're gonna ruin Bitcoins. I spent ~2000$ on quad 7970's, only the cards, and they're planning to release a "coffee warmer" 3ghs+ ASIC that does more than my cards for 150$? Eff that, difficulty will skyrocket and put a strain on video card miners.

D A I L Y -  C R Y P T O  -  G I V E W A Y S
▬▬ ●●     Your source for daily free giveaways !    ●● ▬▬
DISCORD    -    TWITTER    -    WEBSITE
MXRider

Activity: 466

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 10:30:28 AM

I just got a call from BFL. They said that the whole ASIC is pure BS. ****y said that whole announcement was to scare competitors and get all the money from miners. I also asked whether they are going to run with the money or someday develop an ASIC. Didn't get a proper answer. Something about Tahiti.. maybe he meant 7970s?
KyleH

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 10:47:51 AM

You people are morons......... enough said.
Nachtwind

Activity: 700
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 10:50:05 AM

Well.. just boild it down to MH/W..

Their announced Stats wont work.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 11:14:30 AM

I don't even want them to ship, they're gonna ruin Bitcoins. I spent ~2000$ on quad 7970's, only the cards, and they're planning to release a "coffee warmer" 3ghs+ ASIC that does more than my cards for 150$? Eff that, difficulty will skyrocket and put a strain on video card miners.
Delicious tears

No, it won't ruin "Bitcoins"
It will ruin your fail investment, only that. And you deserve that.

Bitcoin will only gain from ASICs

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2012, 11:17:58 AM

Delicious tears

The 7970s will still be worth a LOT if you sell them, and there is no hard timeframe for this vapourware at this stage, so you're in no danger.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
AzN1337c0d3r

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 04:58:05 PM

It's already "ruining" bitcoin. Notice the large influx of sales of 5970 in the Computer Hardware forum recently? Miners are dumping their video cards for BFL Singles which they hope to eventually convert to ASIC I bet.

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 05:41:42 PM

Think BFL won't be able to deliver this year? Bet no in the betsofbitco.in statement in my sig. Wink
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 05:49:10 PM

It's already "ruining" bitcoin. Notice the large influx of sales of 5970 in the Computer Hardware forum recently? Miners are dumping their video cards for BFL Singles which they hope to eventually convert to ASIC I bet.

Singles have always gone for high prices, even before the trade it was announced. Also, 5970s are getting upwards of 2 years old, and they're still selling for $350. Why are they selling for so much? Because people are still going to mine on them.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 06:03:52 PM

I just got a call from BFL. They said that the whole ASIC is pure BS. ****y said that whole announcement was to scare competitors and get all the money from miners. I also asked whether they are going to run with the money or someday develop an ASIC. Didn't get a proper answer. Something about Tahiti.. maybe he meant 7970s?

I can confirm that. I just got off the phone with them and got a similar response....

mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 01:31:57 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2012, 01:56:39 AM by mem

Hi guys, Im a billionaire investor (like richard branson only richer and hung better).

I decided to pre order 666 ASICS so I hopped in my personal jet and flew over to meet them all in person.
Their factory is amazing, their products look great.

yes they make their own chips, Sonny uses his powers of ESP to manipulate the atoms into place. The only thing second hand is the atoms Wink

I just thought Id let you all know this so you can rest easy knowing that an internet person has said its legit.
Ask me anything so I can reassure you about BFL.

Thats my word as an Internet billionaire and someone who has personal flown to BFL labs and invested heavily.
If I can trust them with 666*25k you can trust them with anything.

KyleH

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 09:34:56 AM

You guys sound more like 12 year old girls on their period. Give me a fucking break. If you don't like them then don't buy their shit. YOU people are the ones trolling, get out of your parents basement and do something for your own miserable existence rather than shit on and try to tear down people who are actually making progress with their own goals and ambitions in life. If you could sit in my seat and read this miserable shit you write maybe you would see how pathetically lame you really are.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 09:47:40 AM

You guys sound more like 12 year old girls on their period. Give me a fucking break. If you don't like them then don't buy their shit. YOU people are the ones trolling, get out of your parents basement and do something for your own miserable existence rather than shit on and try to tear down people who are actually making progress with their own goals and ambitions in life. If you could sit in my seat and read this miserable shit you write maybe you would see how pathetically lame you really are.

+1

I thought this was a mature community,I guess not.

I work with recovering drug addicts & alcoholics.They can piss & moan like little kids to get thier way(a reason to drink or drug).

But alot you folks make them look like angels..........

I don't agree with the way BFL handles thier shipping times(or the failed troll in Enterpoints thread),but thier FPGA's CANNOT be beat for ROI.I hope they come out soon with the ASIC's,at least I can trade my FPGA's in for them  Tongue

Will ANY other FPGA seller offer to buy back thier equipment  HuhHuh?

Flame on whiners.....................................................

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Serenata

Activity: 250

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2012, 12:44:00 PM

Delicious tears

The 7970s will still be worth a LOT if you sell them, and there is no hard timeframe for this vapourware at this stage, so you're in no danger.

+1
GPUs can and will be reused for something else. If people are selling their GPUs to get FPGAs, then it's a good time to get some cheap GPUs and keep them until the reward halves, or the ASICs are out (not this year I guess), or it's not profitable any longer to run them. Buying and selling (probably) at the same price is a win/win deal in ROI terms.

BitcoinX.gr - To ελληνικό στέκι τoυ Bitcoin

My GPG Key
MXRider

Activity: 466

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 01:44:22 PM

If KyleH and Unacceptable had been around long enough they would know that we are just playing. Looks like they have no idea about the drama that surrounds BFL.

So KyleH, how many BFL products do you have? How many GPUs do you have?

Unacceptable, you can continue your real life work. Better not come here anymore 'cause this forum is soooo lame.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 09:26:39 PM

If KyleH and Unacceptable had been around long enough they would know that we are just playing. Looks like they have no idea about the drama that surrounds BFL.

So KyleH, how many BFL products do you have? How many GPUs do you have?

Unacceptable, you can continue your real life work. Better not come here anymore 'cause this forum is soooo lame.

Your funny little man  Grin

It's not the forum thats lame,it's folks like yourself that are................ whining & crying Kiss

I've been here since last june,2 gh/s mining with one BFL single recently added,so there na na na naaaaa na  Grin

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
hardpick

Activity: 265

Football President

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2012, 01:20:53 AM

Most people dream about fast cars or hot chicks  --- anyway I think your dream is wrong more like June 2013 before they ship
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 01:30:00 AM

Most people dream about fast cars or hot chicks  --- anyway I think your dream is wrong more like June 2013 before they ship
Place your bets! http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=447 and http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=446

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
punningclan

Activity: 283

Making a better tomorrow, tomorrow.

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 06:14:47 AM

GPUs will still always be better for warming my house though?  Wink

It was a cunning plan to have the funny man be the money fan of the punning clan.
1J13NBTKiV8xrAo2dwaD4LhWs3zPobhh5S
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: