Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:33:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Private Security(Re: US health care mandate)  (Read 724 times)
FirstAscent (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 08:58:08 PM

I did not create this post. Our immature moderator did.

Now watch, this post will disappear, as he can't stand people calling attention to him.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FirstAscent (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 09:05:51 PM

Note to moderator: don't ever start a post on my behalf. If you want to start a post, then do so yourself.
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 09:07:57 PM

Note to moderator: don't ever start a post on my behalf. If you want to start a post, then do so yourself.

I think he is trying to split the off topic stuff into a separate thread.  Its an accepted part of moderation.  We do it all the time on our forums.  You might edit the title yourself and the opening text if you want to have more than just the 2 of you discussing the topic.
FirstAscent (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 03:46:00 AM

I think he is trying to split the off topic stuff into a separate thread.  Its an accepted part of moderation.  We do it all the time on our forums.  You might edit the title yourself and the opening text if you want to have more than just the 2 of you discussing the topic.

My respect for moderation is pretty low, given the number of posts I've made which have been deleted in the past.

Furthermore, my off topic posts were clarifying erroneous assumptions made by others in the other thread, which implies either that the posts I was addressing were off topic or that the posts I was making contained relevant information by way of example to educate or correct the content of the other poster. If the former, then it would be the other poster who should have had his content posted in a new thread, and if the latter, then my posts were relevant in that their intent was to correct a line of thinking started by the other poster.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 03:09:24 AM

Now watch, this post will disappear, as he can't stand people calling attention to him.

I split the topic, are you seriously calling me immature for doing so?  Or do you have some kind of personal issue with another mod?

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
FirstAscent (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 03:26:27 AM

I split the topic, are you seriously calling me immature for doing so?  Or do you have some kind of personal issue with another mod?

The issue was with bitcoin2cash, who no longer moderates this forum. As for your moderation, here's my take on it:

An off topic post would be one that has no tie to prior material relating to the thread's topic. In this case, where you split it off, my post was calling attention to something someone else made in relation to the thread topic at hand. If that's off topic, than follow it back to the source. Do not select me arbitrarily because my views are different from the moderator.

Truly, an off topic post would be something more along the lines of someone suddenly posting something out of the blue with no connection to prior posts or the topic at hand. But I will admit that threads wander, and the discussion here was wandering.

However, this thread is hugely deficient in the sense that it was not split off at the correct location. Further research would show that the dialog here goes back to a statement cbeast made, and my challenge to him regarding his statement. My challenge was valid within the context of the original thread, due to my views and opinion of his views - regardless of whose views were ultimately more correct and regardless of the political views of the moderator.

All that said, I have no personal issue with you other than political disagreements, and I don't really care that you did indeed split off this thread, in light of the fact that it was you instead of bitcoin2cash. I will confess that I had very personal issues with bitcoin2cash, due to his imbalanced moderation, and his specific targeting of approximately three members of this forum, and zero targeting of individuals who committed similar offenses from time to time.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 04:04:41 AM

I split the topic, are you seriously calling me immature for doing so?  Or do you have some kind of personal issue with another mod?

The issue was with bitcoin2cash, who no longer moderates this forum. As for your moderation, here's my take on it:

An off topic post would be one that has no tie to prior material relating to the thread's topic. In this case, where you split it off, my post was calling attention to something someone else made in relation to the thread topic at hand.

I determined that the topic had diverged, and followed the thread backwards to the point that I thought that it started to diverge.  It was a judgement call on my part.  Learn to deal.

If that's off topic, than follow it back to the source. Do not select me arbitrarily because my views are different from the moderator.

I didn't select you because your views are different than anyone.  I wasn't even paying any attention to whom you were, what your actual opinions on the matter were, or who your opposition was.  And the implication that I was leaves me with the impression that your prior conflicts with other mods may be your own doing.

Truly, an off topic post would be something more along the lines of someone suddenly posting something out of the blue with no connection to prior posts or the topic at hand. But I will admit that threads wander, and the discussion here was wandering.

However, this thread is hugely deficient in the sense that it was not split off at the correct location.

That's your opinion, and you have a right to it.  I have a different opinion on the matter.  It just so happens that it's my opinion that matters in this case.  If you don't like how I do things, feel free to apply to become a mod yourself, and fix it.

Further research would show that the dialog here goes back to a statement cbeast made, and my challenge to him regarding his statement. My challenge was valid within the context of the original thread, due to my views and opinion of his views - regardless of whose views were ultimately more correct and regardless of the political views of the moderator.

Again, any views of any mod besides myself were, and remain, irrelevent.

All that said, I have no personal issue with you other than political disagreements, and I don't really care that you did indeed split off this thread, in light of the fact that it was you instead of bitcoin2cash. I will confess that I had very personal issues with bitcoin2cash, due to his imbalanced moderation, and his specific targeting of approximately three members of this forum, and zero targeting of individuals who committed similar offenses from time to time.

I do not know about the validity of your accusations against bitcoin2cash, nor would I normally care.  However, I've already developed a sour taste concerning your biased viewpoints concerning mod actions, so I'm inclined to give bitcoin2cash the benefit of the doubt.  Moreso considering I've had business dealings with him directly, and consider him to be an honest & generally reasonable person.  I honestly don't know you as well, and you aren't winning any brownie points today.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
FirstAscent (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 04:15:31 AM

An off topic post would be one that has no tie to prior material relating to the thread's topic. In this case, where you split it off, my post was calling attention to something someone else made in relation to the thread topic at hand.

I determined that the topic had diverged, and followed the thread backwards to the point that I thought that it started to diverge.  It was a judgement call on my part.  Learn to deal.

If that's off topic, than follow it back to the source. Do not select me arbitrarily because my views are different from the moderator.

I didn't select you because your views are different than anyone.  I wasn't even paying any attention to whom you were, what your actual opinions on the matter were, or who your opposition was.  And the implication that I was leaves me with the impression that your prior conflicts with other mods may be your own doing.

However, this thread is hugely deficient in the sense that it was not split off at the correct location.

That's your opinion, and you have a right to it.  I have a different opinion on the matter.  It just so happens that it's my opinion that matters in this case.  If you don't like how I do things, feel free to apply to become a mod yourself, and fix it.

Further research would show that the dialog here goes back to a statement cbeast made, and my challenge to him regarding his statement. My challenge was valid within the context of the original thread, due to my views and opinion of his views - regardless of whose views were ultimately more correct and regardless of the political views of the moderator.

Again, any views of any mod besides myself were, and remain, irrelevent.

I do not know about the validity of your accusations against bitcoin2cash, nor would I normally care.  However, I've already developed a sour taste concerning your biased viewpoints concerning mod actions, so I'm inclined to give bitcoin2cash the benefit of the doubt.  Moreso considering I've had business dealings with him directly, and consider him to be an honest & generally reasonable person.  I honestly don't know you as well, and you aren't winning any brownie points today.

Really, now? Perhaps you should split this discussion off into a separate thread? Business dealings between you and bitcoin2cash are of no more interest to me than my opinion of bitcoin2cash to you.

You asked for the reasoning behind my prior statements with regard to moderation. I answered you fairly. You also asked if it was another mod I had issues with. I gave you a fair summary.

Bitcoin2cash's resignation is a direct result of his moderation yesterday. It began with his specific deletion of several of Hawker's posts.

I care not to discuss this further. If you have any further issues regarding this subject, then split this thread off. Otherwise, take it up via PMs. Follow your own rules.

You should know better. Since you seem inclined to post your opinion of me, then my opinion of you stands as this: Ten minutes ago it was fine, other than the fact that I don't care for you political views. As of now, it has dropped.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: