Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:17:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 2855 times)
cytokine
Donator

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 05:42:10 AM

Cool. I don't have any other smart device other than a computer, so I installed JAuth and set it up so that *everything* requires authentication now. Whew! Glad I found this thread. I feel a lot safer now.

One newbie question left though - how do I backup the "secret sauce" that JAuth requires to do the authentication? I don't want to be locked out of my account if my hard drive crashes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cytokine
Donator

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 05:53:28 AM

Cool. I don't have any other smart device other than a computer, so I installed JAuth and set it up so that *everything* requires authentication now. Whew! Glad I found this thread. I feel a lot safer now.

One newbie question left though - how do I backup the "secret sauce" that JAuth requires to do the authentication? I don't want to be locked out of my account if my hard drive crashes.

Ah nevermind, I see that I just need to re-do it, and this time make a backup of the GoogleAuth code ( and GPG that backup as well of course using my master key Smiley )
silverfuture
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1008

central banking = outdated protocol

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:28:23 PM

Ah nevermind, I see that I just need to re-do it, and this time make a backup of the GoogleAuth code ( and GPG that backup as well of course using my master key Smiley )

As a shareholder... I'm breathing a sigh of relief as well.  Cheesy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NastyFans - The Fan Club for Bitcoin Enthusiasts | MININGCOINS | POOL | ESCROW
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BoardGameCoin

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:37:02 PM

It could be an attempt at script injection or some kind of username probe for forum usernames.

-bgc

I'm selling great Minion Games like The Manhattan Project, Kingdom of Solomon and Venture Forth at 4% off retail starting June 2012. PM me or go to my thread in the Marketplace if you're interested.

For Settlers/Dominion/Carcassone etc., I do email gift cards on Amazon for a 5% fee. PM if you're interested.
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 07:11:08 PM

Just as a security tip to all: It's probably not the best idea to use any remote service as a store of your coins!

As for assets, the P2P asset exchange which resembles Bitcoin will be awesome Smiley

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
Namworld

Activity: 745
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 03:26:21 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2012, 05:10:11 AM by Namworld

~~~~~~~~EMAIL REPLY~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi, Impact is mainly trading with virtual currency on vircurex like
btc, litecoin,iocoin ix coins gg etc.\
I gave some shares away for free for advertise.
Thanks and good luck Ralf

> Hello,
>
> I just received 100 shares of IMPACT. Mind if I ask why you are giving
> shares to me? Also, what does IMPACT do exactly?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, sometimes asking the issuer is much faster than wondering. Some guy just trading a bit on large spread small exchanges with a few bitcoins and just giving out the shares to that, it seems. Maybe he could post a thread around the forum. I'll email him about that.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2012, 05:28:56 AM

Perhaps usernames on glbse should be replaced with a public bitcoin address ? Then if the asset issuer wants to they can hold bitcoins there and its publicly auditable   Cheesy

Gladamas

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Bitcoin today is what the internet was in 1998.

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 06:11:52 AM

~~~~~~~~EMAIL REPLY~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi, Impact is mainly trading with virtual currency on vircurex like
btc, litecoin,iocoin ix coins gg etc.\
I gave some shares away for free for advertise.
Thanks and good luck Ralf

> Hello,
>
> I just received 100 shares of IMPACT. Mind if I ask why you are giving
> shares to me? Also, what does IMPACT do exactly?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, sometimes asking the issuer is much faster than wondering. Some guy just trading a bit on large spread small exchanges with a few bitcoins and just giving out the shares to that, it seems. Maybe he could post a thread around the forum. I'll email him about that.

And why exactly do we trust this guy's word?

(Also sub)

1GLADMZ5tL4HkS6BAWPfJLeZJCDHAd9Fr3 - LQ6Zx8v7fHVBiDX5Lmhbp6oEDB7dUFjANu
GPG 0xF219D5BB3C467E12 - Litecoin Forum
ErebusBat

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 02:55:45 AM

Bitconica coins just being distrubuted...

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2012, 03:20:58 AM

Perhaps usernames on glbse should be replaced with a public bitcoin address ? Then if the asset issuer wants to they can hold bitcoins there and its publicly auditable   Cheesy

I think that is actually a really good idea. Would be great to know that GIGAMINING or BITBOND have X weeks of dividends 'in the bank'.

Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 04:32:25 AM

Perhaps usernames on glbse should be replaced with a public bitcoin address ? Then if the asset issuer wants to they can hold bitcoins there and its publicly auditable   Cheesy

I think that is actually a really good idea. Would be great to know that GIGAMINING or BITBOND have X weeks of dividends 'in the bank'.

I don't send money to GLBSE for dividends and coupons until just before they are going to be paid, as they are extremely secure where I store them.

Plus, this wouldn't work with GLBSE's BTC storage system. It is much more secure than leaving the coins in 1 wallet with 1 address.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: