Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:06:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wikipedia  (Read 4457 times)
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 03:35:19 PM

I know that they are accepting it if you do some research BUT why hiding it ??
Why? Likely for the same reasons Mozilla removed bitcoin donation button. It distracted page viewers resulting in less donations.
https://fundraising.mozilla.org/bitcoin-donations-to-mozilla-17-days-in/
We received numerous requests from donors that they wanted bitcoin featured right on our primary donation form. Given the volume of page views to that form (millions during the life of the campaign), I was concerned that adding any unnecessary text would distract donors and depress non-bitcoin conversions, the source of more than 99% of all our campaign revenue. So we decided to add “Donate with Bitcoin” text, and test whether it depressed conversion or not. Here is what that looked like: [...]
The test showed that revenue per visitor drops by about $0.07 USD. Here is the Optimizely graph showing a 7.5% reduction in revenue per visitor:[...]

Hmm I didn't know that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
exoton

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 02:59:54 AM

Why? Likely for the same reasons Mozilla removed bitcoin donation button. It distracted page viewers resulting in less donations.

We received numerous requests from donors that they wanted bitcoin featured right on our primary donation form. Given the volume of page views to that form (millions during the life of the campaign), I was concerned that adding any unnecessary text would distract donors and depress non-bitcoin conversions, the source of more than 99% of all our campaign revenue. So we decided to add “Donate with Bitcoin” text, and test whether it depressed conversion or not. Here is what that looked like: [...]

The test showed that revenue per visitor drops by about $0.07 USD. Here is the Optimizely graph showing a 7.5% reduction in revenue per visitor:[...]
I find it hard to believe that $0.07 is a statistically significant amount. Especially considering that most of the other payment methods involve high fees, so even if overall donations drop, the amount received by modzilla (or wikipedia) could potentially increase
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 03:15:04 AM

r u using internet explorer

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1563

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 07:33:47 AM

I find it hard to believe that $0.07 is a statistically significant amount. Especially considering that most of the other payment methods involve high fees, so even if overall donations drop, the amount received by modzilla (or wikipedia) could potentially increase

It's all explained, just click the link.

Seven cents doesn't sound like much. However, at scale, it adds up. Our donation form will get roughly two million more visitors before the campaign concludes on December 31st — which means adding “Donate with Bitcoin” would reduce income by about $140,000 – a significant amount.
At this time, bitcoin donations are not high enough to offset that lost revenue. We want to make sure bitcoin donors can find a link to give bitcoin, but this test suggests our primary donation form isn't the optimum location.

So no, lower fees don't help much in this case.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
exoton

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 02:20:56 AM

It's all explained, just click the link.

Seven cents doesn't sound like much. However, at scale, it adds up. Our donation form will get roughly two million more visitors before the campaign concludes on December 31st — which means adding “Donate with Bitcoin” would reduce income by about $140,000 – a significant amount.
At this time, bitcoin donations are not high enough to offset that lost revenue. We want to make sure bitcoin donors can find a link to give bitcoin, but this test suggests our primary donation form isn't the optimum location.

So no, lower fees don't help much in this case.

Well then my 2nd argument is that they accepting bitcoin may get additional people to donate that would not otherwise have donated (and will not donate without a prominent option to donate via bitcoin). I know this is somewhat of a stretch, however overall traffic should be looked at as well   
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: