Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:58:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Feedback requested  (Read 4237 times)
donseptico (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 08:29:46 PM

Hi, my first post here as a signed up member (although I've lurked long enough so hopefully this is in the right place)...  Before I go any further: Relax - I'm not asking you for money!

I’m heading off around the world again late next year (planned departure is Oct ‘15) and will spend at least a couple of months in Asia where I’m looking to volunteer working with underprivileged kids and adults teaching English as a second language (and/or generally – I’m a qualified teacher).

Now, I’ve funded out the trip but am looking for additional ways to raise extra funds for books, teaching materials and even old computers for the school(s) in which I’m applying to teach – they’re by no means a pre-requisite of acceptance however they would doubtless make the placement much more effective and rewarding.

If you’ve read this far – remember relax! I’m not asking you for money or materials (well, not yet anyway) but I got to thinking the other evening about at least one possible way of collecting… a ‘pocket change’ donation project.

Many of us will have paypal accounts, bitcoin wallets, etc with, frankly, insignificant amounts sitting in them – before I go ahead and try and set up something along those lines I wondered how you, the internet savvy and sceptical think such a project would be received?

If it goes ahead (and the trip's on regardless) – would you be likely / willing to consider making a donation? I was wondering if it would be a good idea to have a maximum donation sum of, say, $5 – as we’re talking pocket change… would that be a good idea?

Anyone with experience in this area, do you know of any regulatory or other pitfalls I should be aware of (obviously I’ve started with google, but haven’t found anything too useful yet).

Well thanks for reading...  I look forward to reading your thoughts.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3081

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 08:45:12 PM

As a newbie, you shouldn't be asking for a loan or donations (we've heard the scam stories before) because you are likely to get negative trust.

Go beg for money on your usual forum.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
donseptico (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 09:06:09 PM

Thanks for demonstrating how carefully you read the very first line mr. Vod (the slightly more cynical than I).

I'll repeat, not looking for money (and even if I was I wouldn't ask on a forum - I'd post a link to the, as yet, completely non-existent project website with accompanying blurb.

Now, if you can notch back your 'omg another begging newbie' reflex for a moment or two, perhaps you'd care to address the idea that I was putting forward?

('posting too quickly as a newbie error'... that was a looooooong 360s)
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3081

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 09:08:09 PM

If you’ve read this far – remember relax! I’m not asking you for money or materials (well, not yet anyway)

Roll Eyes

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
donseptico (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 09:12:57 PM

Ah, I see... you infer from that that I intend to ask here directly?  If so a minor communications breakdown as that's certainly not what I intended to imply.

edit: Which I thought I covered adequately in the next para: "before I go ahead and try and set up something along those lines I wondered how you, the internet savvy and sceptical think such a project would be received"

double edit: yay, at least it'll let me edit rather than having to wait a 'virtual lifetime' to reply.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 10:50:59 PM

The answer will probably be "no" either way.

Good luck and have fun.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: