Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 05:39:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: cryptocurrency addiction  (Read 2760 times)
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 03:50:16 PM

Is there any scientific term for that yet? Maybe we do have a new kind of addiction.

Investment/trading gambling addiction?

Are we talking here about gambling addiction or love for cryptocurrencies? I have trouble to differentiate between these two.

An interest in cryptocurrencies does not necessarily mean you make compulsive purchases
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 05:42:01 PM

Yes OP i feel you. It wastes me too much time! On the other hand i have only won money so far and also got many skills i didnt had before so...

Still i want to manage to spend less time here...
b!z
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 06:06:54 PM

disregard bitcoin, acquire real currency

why?

it's only going to $10,000 next month do to my special algorithm.

weak trolling, try harder
zyzzbrah

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 07:29:36 PM

Tiem to confess: im addicted to following the bitcoinwisdom chart.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 10:41:53 PM

Well I could consider that I was addicted back in 2013 in the period of October till December. I was heavily involved in mining at that time (GPU farms and altcoins). Luckily due to the spike that I had expected everything paid off quickly. In November and December I was checking the price over 100 times a day and it was time consuming. I was checking up on all the news and forum constantly.

Thing have changed in 2014 dramatically though and this is not the case. Although some physical coins fascinate me and bring the urge to buy them.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pichita

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 10:42:56 PM

yes , i have
PurpleHairyClimber

Activity: 37

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 10:55:06 PM

Bitcoin is encompassing more and more of my life. It's already a very big part of my roommate's. The important thing, as other people have said is to not let it negatively effect your life. He was at the point where he was checking bitstamp every 10 minutes. That I think prevents you from enjoying life.
commandrix

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 12:02:57 AM

I wouldn't say I'm addicted any farther than doing actual work for my Bitcoin.  Cheesy Seriously, though, I think Bitcoin is cool as a way to carry my value with me without having to rely on third parties. I wouldn't call it an addiction yet, because I can go whole weekends without staring at the amount of Bitcoin I have in my wallet.
b!z
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 12:19:06 AM

Well I could consider that I was addicted back in 2013 in the period of October till December. I was heavily involved in mining at that time (GPU farms and altcoins). Luckily due to the spike that I had expected everything paid off quickly. In November and December I was checking the price over 100 times a day and it was time consuming. I was checking up on all the news and forum constantly.

Thing have changed in 2014 dramatically though and this is not the case. Although some physical coins fascinate me and bring the urge to buy them.

Wow that's a lot.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 12:22:19 AM

Yes, I have a unhealthy addiction to crypto.

95% if the time I'm awake I'm online and doing crypto related stuff.
I run 5 projects atm, all crypto related. Launching one more this week.

In crypto I trust.

Peace!

Launching redundant altcoins is not the answer. Seek guidance from family and friends. Join a support group

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 12:35:29 AM

Yes, I have a unhealthy addiction to crypto.

95% if the time I'm awake I'm online and doing crypto related stuff.
I run 5 projects atm, all crypto related. Launching one more this week.

In crypto I trust.

Peace!

Launching redundant altcoins is not the answer. Seek guidance from family and friends. Join a support group

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQKydDO2f0s

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 01:59:00 AM

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 06:13:33 AM

Wow that's a lot.
Well I work a lot of hours on my computer and spends hours on it in a day. So checking at bitstamp isn't what wasted my time that much.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
JimDowJones

Activity: 51

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 10:42:14 PM

We need a terminology to describe bitcoin enlightenment. All of the biggest proponents of bitcoin all have gone through this phase where their entirety was consumed with the pursuit of knowledge of bitcoin. From what ive seen everyone that has gone through this enlightenment goes through it in phases.

First: they hear about bitcoin and just brush it off

Second: they hear about bitcoin again and then they read the satoshi paper, this is when they catch the bitcoin bug

Third phase: depending on the person to various degrees their lives get consumed with the pursuit of knowledge for bitcoin

Fourth phase: After they realize bitcoin is now their higher calling, it redefines their existence. They try to integrate bitcoin in their lives, eventually they make it a full time pursuit. In this phase Andreas goes from a little known security expert to the world renowned Andreas the bitcoin ambassador. He goes from virtually unknown to someone with a legacy. This is proof bitcoin will build legacies and disrupt the world, because we are already seeing the power it has to change the lives of the early adopters.

Here's an example of Andreas talking about how he was bitten by the bug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW_wYvZ1eZg

In the beginning of this video he talks about how he (1) brushed off bitcoin when he first hear about it. After he read the (2) satoshi paper he was (3) consumed 18 hours a day for 4.5 months just reading about everything he could with bitcoin. During this time he lost 25 pounds and didnt eat or sleep all that much. Eventually he is able to (4) integrate bitcoin into his life and makes it a full time job.

In several videos, Vitalik briefly describes a similar process he went through.

Actually, this enlightenment process sounds like the death and rebirth experience that men in shamanistic cultures go through in a coming of age ritual.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2014, 11:03:30 PM

Actually, this enlightenment process sounds like the death and rebirth experience that men in shamanistic cultures go through in a coming of age ritual. 

I think that's often to do with how much self-control you have as well though I do admit these days I find myself constantly scouring the Bitcoin markets and looking at news but that's just purely because I genuinely make some money off it.
bornil267645

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2014, 06:31:42 AM

I love bitcoin

not so much about others.

PandaMac

Activity: 30

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 03:51:16 PM

Money has become your idol.  Go camping for a week or so and see how you cope.  I guarantee you won't like the result. Try to not be a hedonist.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 04:36:43 PM

Its not gambling when you're investing in freedom.

Dont ever forget, "Freedom is always a good bet."

Keep telling yourself that.

Bitcoin is a tool that enables ever greater degrees of freedom. Can you provide any evidence as to why its bad to invest in tools that allow exponential increases of freedom to exist?

Were automobiles a bad investment because they allowed you more freedom in travel?

Was it bad to invest in computer development in the 80s when no one could see a future for it besides for visionaries like steve jobs?

Bitcoin is so disruptive its going to set a new standard for disruptive technology. I feel bad for you that you don't understand the very basic fundamentals behind it.  

This is not 100% correct... Govs could use Bitcoin to control a population like never seen before... since most people, 99% are sheep it would be easy to do.. :S.
zmiley

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 04:40:33 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2014, 04:53:51 PM by zmiley

does anyone else have it?

i mean, i keep pouring money into crypto because i believe in it, but also because of the insane *highs* (and lows) that i felt throughout 2013.

Yup, gambling on cryptocoins is fun Cool got to agree on that one.
JimDowJones

Activity: 51

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 10:41:54 PM

Its not gambling when you're investing in freedom.

Dont ever forget, "Freedom is always a good bet."

Keep telling yourself that.

Bitcoin is a tool that enables ever greater degrees of freedom. Can you provide any evidence as to why its bad to invest in tools that allow exponential increases of freedom to exist?

Were automobiles a bad investment because they allowed you more freedom in travel?

Was it bad to invest in computer development in the 80s when no one could see a future for it besides for visionaries like steve jobs?

Bitcoin is so disruptive its going to set a new standard for disruptive technology. I feel bad for you that you don't understand the very basic fundamentals behind it.  

This is not 100% correct... Govs could use Bitcoin to control a population like never seen before... since most people, 99% are sheep it would be easy to do.. :S.
This has been debunked like over 9000 times. Theres nothing you can do with bitcoin that you can do a lot easier with a fiat currency that you have the printing presses for.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: