Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:28:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Trade-Up Program - I have seen the light !  (Read 5501 times)
bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I heart thebaron

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 01:56:04 AM
Last edit: June 20, 2012, 03:34:20 PM by bitlane

All sarcasm aside, BFL have made many current customer's dreams....a NIGHTMARE.

You can trade a regular Single in towards the purchase of an SC Single, but you can't trade in two regular singles to get an SC Single.  I know people would rather do that, but it's not a working business model.  

AND THERE WE HAVE IT.....

So, what this means is, all of you mini-rig owners and multiple mini-rig owners, be prepared to pay an additional $15,000 for each upgrade unless you want your 25 GH rig to become a door stop once ASICs fully penetrate the market and leave you in the dust.

I am now done. Argue, fight...fuck, I really don't care, because I LOST NOTHING....
(and am laughing , as you can't see my face, so you will have to take my word for it)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First off, I want to apologize to everyone who pointed out and said I was wrong, in regards to my previous SPECULATION(S)....
I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT and it all makes sense now.

SO..Get your BFL Orders in SOON ! ....while there is still product to be shipped. http://www.butterflylabs.com/products/
With BFL's 100% Trade-up Value Program, you have nothing to lose, but only gain.
http://www.butterflylabs.com/bitforce-sc-faq/

For those wondering, "What will I be able to do with my current BFL hardware ?", here it is.... just a few examples:

- Trade 1 old BFL Single for 4 new Jalapenos ($600 vs $600, 850 MH vs. 9 10.5 GH !)
- Trade 2 old BFL Singles in for 1 new ASIC Single and pay only $100 difference ! ($1,200 vs. $1,300, 1.7 GH vs 40 GH !)
- Trade 11 old BFL Singles in for 5 new ASIC Singles + 1 Jalapeno AND Pay only $50 difference ($6,600 vs. $6,650, 9.4 GH vs. 203.5 GH !)
- Trade 50 Old BFL Singles for 1 new ASIC Mini-Rig ($30,000 vs $30,000, 43 GH vs. 1TH !)
- Trade 2 old BFL Mini Rigs for 1 new ASIC Mini-Rig ($30,000 vs $30,000, 50 GH vs. 1TH !)

...but what am I telling people something they can figure out for themselves. You all know what the deal is, right ?
The TRADE possibilities would be ENDLESS ! - With little or NO MONEY involved !
Show your support for the company that strives to support YOU ! YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE.

I personally can't wait for this Trade-Up program to commense...
IT WILL BE LIKE Christmas when it does (and I mean the FEELING, NOT the time of year).

Cheers,
bitlane.

PS> I am not affiliated with Butterfly Labs in any way. I am just providing this info, because I CARE.

For anyone who missed the day's events, please understand that this post is 7,000% PURE SARCASM
...(yes, Seven Thousand Percent)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 02:49:54 AM

Just got a response from Jody.  You have to put up 50% of the cost, the other 50% can be trade in.

I understand how you are confused. This whole thing has not been explained in detail. If it were a straight trade of old equipment for new our business would fold in a week. Here's how it works: if you buy $599 worth of BFL product--say 4 Jalapenos, you are eligible to send in a Single to exchange for 4 more Jalapenos. You must buy something to be eligible to trade something of equal value. And you don't have to send in your old equipment when you pay for the new--you send it in when you are notified that your ASIC equipment is ready to ship. Does this make sense to you?

Jody
bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 02:51:57 AM

Just got a response from Jody.  You have to put up 50% of the cost, the other 50% can be trade in.

Just fucking GREAT. 50%, or essentially 1:1 for equivalent hardware. This is CRAP.

I SHOULD be able to use the examples above, as everyone else told me in other threads.

This is just silly.

I should be able to trade 2 current Mini-Rigs @ $15,000 each ($30k total) STRAIGHT ACROSS for a new ASIC Mini-Rig @ $30,000.

SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 02:54:11 AM

Just got a response from Jody.  You have to put up 50% of the cost, the other 50% can be trade in.

Just fucking GREAT. 50%, or essentially 1:1 for equivalent hardware. This is CRAP.

I SHOULD be able to use the examples above, as everyone else told me in other threads.

This is just silly.

I should be able to trade 2 current Mini-Rigs @ $15,000 each ($30k total) STRAIGHT ACROSS for a new ASIC Mini-Rig @ $30,000.
You were right, I was wrong.  Wink
bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 02:57:02 AM

You were right, I was wrong.  Wink

OH NO, we are NOT going to play THAT game....the 'who was right and who was wrong, game'.....

What's right is what's right and I have seen the light by all of the posters who said I was basically FULL OF SHIT and SPECULATING due to me using BASIC Business Practices.

I still think I was wrong.....and that is why I changed my tune  Roll Eyes

You guys that posted against me were all right. It was obvious from the start if you think about it. You guys run businesses, right ?

imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2012, 02:58:15 AM

Bravo!  I had to post one of these earlier tonight.  Its a shame more people don't.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:00:48 AM

Bravo!  I had to post one of these earlier tonight.  Its a shame more people don't.

I was a FOOL to truly believe that every current owner would have to pay BFL 2x just to stay current/competitive once ASICs hit....

I should have used the same fucked up business sense that everyone else did.

imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2012, 03:34:28 AM

I was a FOOL to truly believe that every current owner would have to pay BFL 2x just to stay current/competitive once ASICs hit....

I should have used the same fucked up business sense that everyone else did.

I wasn't being sarcastic.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2012, 10:04:52 AM

Thats pretty fucked up.

bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 10:14:43 AM

Thats pretty fucked up.

After spending the day arguing with people, I just decided to go along with them, regardless of how fucked up it looks in the OP.

People actually thought they would be able to do this !....some people have NO CLUE., so I just gave in.

How could I have been right ? ....saying people would HAVE TO PAY ATLEAST the difference, not trade in old for new straight across, like I posted in the OP.
I only used common sense, basic business principals and a bit of math.

ice_chill

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 10:48:30 AM

BITLANE YOU ARE AN IDIOT, GET A LIFE AND A JOB MAYBE ? AND STOP SPAMMING THE FORUM WITH IDIOT POSTS.
MXRider

Activity: 466

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 11:01:59 AM

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the fact that minirig earns MONEY FOR AT LEAST 5 MONTHS. You can calculate with your numbers but my spreadsheet says 12500$. So MR owners have to invest about 5000$ more max.
bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 11:10:37 AM

BITLANE YOU ARE AN IDIOT, GET A LIFE AND A JOB MAYBE ? AND STOP SPAMMING THE FORUM WITH IDIOT POSTS.

Right....you were the idiot that posted this...

Well they could have skipped the trade-up program. But they decided to include one and people are still not happy, BFL Labs is a business after all not a charity  and they don't owe you anything, if you don't like, don't buy from them.

You fall into that category of users on this forum who are complete fucking MORONS and have no clue.

Have fun stating the obvious and kissing BFL's collective ass.... I think you will be alone on that soon enough.

<EDIT>
...and speaking of jobs, I can't take someone seriously, who puts a donation address in their forum sig like a deadbeat...LOL

Perhaps YOU need a better job ?

bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 11:24:01 AM

You know what I think happened :

BFL saw your posts and decided to follow your business model instead of 1:1 swapping as before !
bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 11:30:02 AM

BFL saw your posts and decided to follow your business model instead of 1:1 swapping as before !

So we WILL be able to trade 50 current singles straight across without money involved, for a new ASIC Mini-Rig after all ?

MXRider

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 11:30:38 AM

That might actually be true. Looks like they can design HW but have no idea about PR or pricing their products or about anything else.
nave
Donator

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 11:47:04 AM

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the fact that minirig earns MONEY FOR AT LEAST 5 MONTHS. You can calculate with your numbers but my spreadsheet says 12500$. So MR owners have to invest about 5000$ more max.

So ignoring any difficulty increase that might happen due to the new minirigs being shipped, someone receiving one of these pieces of hardware will have to save every satoshi they earn from it for the next 5 months, then spend that AND an additional $5000 in order to not have a piece of hardware that's only use is a doorstop? You're right, when I look at it that way it really does seem like a deal! Where do I sign up?
MXRider

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 12:04:35 PM

So ignoring any difficulty increase that might happen due to the new minirigs being shipped, someone receiving one of these pieces of hardware will have to save every satoshi they earn from it for the next 5 months, then spend that AND an additional $5000 in order to not have a piece of hardware that's only use is a doorstop? You're right, when I look at it that way it really does seem like a deal! Where do I sign up?

I didn't say that's a great deal. In reality that sucks. I just explained why upgrading is not 2xMR price like many of us claims. I calculated those numbers with $6/BTC and 1 800 000 dif. That should be pretty realistic.
davidspitzer

Activity: 630

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 12:42:51 PM

I think I will just wait till I can get detailed information from BFL. Its like the matrix in here, its hard to discern what is real and what is not. Perhaps I should have taken the blue pill.
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 01:58:25 PM

Just got a response from Jody.  You have to put up 50% of the cost, the other 50% can be trade in.

I understand how you are confused. This whole thing has not been explained in detail. If it were a straight trade of old equipment for new our business would fold in a week. Here's how it works: if you buy $599 worth of BFL product--say 4 Jalapenos, you are eligible to send in a Single to exchange for 4 more Jalapenos. You must buy something to be eligible to trade something of equal value. And you don't have to send in your old equipment when you pay for the new--you send it in when you are notified that your ASIC equipment is ready to ship. Does this make sense to you?

Jody

If this is how the trade-in plan will work, it seems reasonable to me. You can't expect BFL to bankrupt themselves just to meet the best case scenario wishes of miners. People who thought they could trade-in their singles straight for ASICs without giving BFL more money were being unrealistic (I thought this was Bitlane's basic point starting from a thread or two ago). A 50% trade-in plan were you get to keep your singles until the replacement is ready to ship is about as good as anything that could reasonably be expected. Sure, it sucks for miners who have used up all their capital on singles and have no more money to invest, but frankly that is their problem, not BFL's. If you are going to invest all your available capital, it is your job to do proper research first. And anyone who had done proper research should have known that FPGAs would be made obsolete by ASICs at some point. When ASICs do eventually arrive, you shouldn't invest all your capital in them either, since it is possible that Bitcoin might drop sha256. You shouldn't even be investing all your capital in Bitcoin - coins or mining - in the first place since it is, like all investments, risky. It's called diversification people - a basic principle of sound investing. 
KyleH

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 02:16:29 PM

Jody

I don't know if I believe this post since on the BFL press release it says very clearly ---

"Because our first and second generation equipment is expected to be outpaced very quickly by the new hardware, customers who have purchased earlier generation products will be able to trade them in at 100% of their value toward the purchase of SC-generation hardware."

It would be nice if BFL would come here and explain this in their own words rather than hear it from a 3rd party.
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 02:18:37 PM

Jody

I don't know if I believe this post since on the BFL press release it says very clearly ---

"Because our first and second generation equipment is expected to be outpaced very quickly by the new hardware, customers who have purchased earlier generation products will be able to trade them in at 100% of their value toward the purchase of SC-generation hardware."

It would be nice if BFL would come here and explain this in their own words rather than hear it from a 3rd party.

The quote from "Jody" is their own words, she is an employee of BFL.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
bulanula

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 02:22:10 PM

Jody

Just like Matthew said : people stupid, money a lot, come quick.

DO you really think they could survive the ASIC fabrication without getting ANY new money from customers if the trade in was 1:1 ?

DO you really think ASIC is free ? You must think $ 1 000 000 = free for BFL ? Maybe BFL are the FED and can print money for free from China too !

Stop the trolling it is basically a 50% trade in. Forces everybody to double their investment if they wanna stay in the game.

All singles value is now $300 or less ...
KyleH

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 02:45:24 PM

I see, so I should just believe the 3 or 4 people on here that love to slam this company and could have easily set up a fake quote from a BFL employee rather than believe the actual press release given by the company itself.  Sure.  Wink

bulanula

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 02:48:23 PM

I see, so I should just believe the 3 or 4 people on here that love to slam this company and could have easily set up a fake quote from a BFL employee rather than believe the actual press release given by the company itself.  Sure.  Wink

I like to bash BFL ?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60586.msg975270#msg975270

Sure, I liked but you can say I too have seen the light like my buddy bitlane Cheesy
rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 02:52:56 PM

do we really need enrich a company to build this thing ?
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 02:57:20 PM

Jody

The two quotes are perfectly consistent. Under the 50% trade-in plan, you would be able to exchange earlier generation products at 100% of their value. But in order to do this you have to buy some new hardware too. So, if you buy four of the cup-warmers for $600, this gives you the option to get four more by trading in a single. By exchanging four cup-warmers for a single, you are exchanging the single at 100% of its value. So there is no reason to question the first quote in light of the second.  
KyleH

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:08:14 PM

Jody

The two quotes are perfectly consistent. Under the 50% trade-in plan, you would be able to exchange earlier generation products at 100% of their value. But in order to do this you have to buy some new hardware too. So, if you buy four of the cup-warmers for $600, this gives you the option to get four more by trading in a single. By exchanging four cup-warmers for a single, you are exchanging the single at 100% of its value. So there is no reason to question the first quote in light of the second.  

You could be correct but I think I will wait from a response from BFL Engineer or until they update their site w/ the relevant info unless someone can point me to the thread where Jody has stated this. Even then I don't think I'll believe it until BFL gives an actual response to this trade in program allegation. I don't really care anyway, the trade in program won't affect me at all.
yochdog
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:12:00 PM

Jody

This will cause a very interesting second market to develop for singles.  Many big hitters will assign a certain price they are willing to pay for singles simply for the trade-in credit.  It will certainly be a discount, but not a massive one.  They will be treated as units of barter, and no longer as mining devices......should be fascinating to watch! 

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:14:03 PM

You could be correct but I think I will wait from a response from BFL Engineer or until they update their site w/ the relevant info unless someone can point me to the thread where Jody has stated this. Even then I don't think I'll believe it until BFL gives an actual response to this trade in program allegation. I don't really care anyway, the trade in program won't affect me at all.

They have been given ample opportunity to reply in public, as I have seen them all online, but they have avoided answering even the questions directed towards them in regards to this trade-up program.

The longer they can keep people 'in the fog' means more orders rolling in, meaning more future UPGRADE MONEY for them to receive from everyone once they sucker everyone in.

They have played their hand quite nicely and avoided the tough questions.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:19:26 PM

Just a little quote to the "miners" who thought that Bitcoin would be their way to get rich quickly:

You don't get rich by digging for gold, you get rich by selling shovels to fools who dig for gold.

nimda

Activity: 784

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:20:15 PM

do we really need enrich a company to build this thing ?
Yes, because it requires a HUGE down-payment.
BFL

Activity: 217

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2012, 03:24:01 PM

Jody

This will cause a very interesting second market to develop for singles.  Many big hitters will assign a certain price they are willing to pay for singles simply for the trade-in credit.  It will certainly be a discount, but not a massive one.  They will be treated as units of barter, and no longer as mining devices......should be fascinating to watch!  

This is what we imagined in creating the trade in program.  The intent is to ensure anyone who has invested in our hardware is able to get their money back should they decide to upgrade or not.

With regards to the overall question of the trade in policy terms, Jody's response via email inquiry was correct.  We will have the full terms posted imminently, but the breakdown is simple.  You can trade a regular Single in towards the purchase of an SC Single, but you can't trade in two regular singles to get an SC Single.  I know people would rather do that, but it's not a working business model.  

Butterfly Labs  -  www.butterflylabs.com  -  Bitcoin Mining Hardware
bulanula

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:26:29 PM

Jody

This will cause a very interesting second market to develop for singles.  Many big hitters will assign a certain price they are willing to pay for singles simply for the trade-in credit.  It will certainly be a discount, but not a massive one.  They will be treated as units of barter, and no longer as mining devices......should be fascinating to watch! 

This is what we imagined in creating the trade in program.  The intent is to ensure anyone who has invested in our hardware is able to get their money back should they decide to upgrade or not.

With regards to the overall question of the trade in policy terms, Jody's response via email inquiry was correct.  We will have the full terms posted imminently, but the breakdown is simple.  You can trade regular Single in towards the purchase of an SC Single, but you can't trade in two regular singles to get an SC Single.  I know people would rather do that, but it's not a working business model.  

Another win by BFL.

They could have completely screwed their customers and not offer any trade in so value of single with ASIC coming = maybe $10.

Now this basically ensures the value of the single is at least $300 which is excellent for some who are half way through paying off the unit and want to sell right now and stop gambling.
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:28:32 PM

Another win by BFL.

They could have completely screwed their customers and not offer any trade in so value of single with ASIC coming = maybe $10.

Now this basically ensures the value of the single is at least $300 which is excellent for some who are half way through paying off the unit and want to sell right now and stop gambling.
Is your calculator broken?

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:29:53 PM

You can trade a regular Single in towards the purchase of an SC Single, but you can't trade in two regular singles to get an SC Single.  I know people would rather do that, but it's not a working business model.  

bulanula

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:30:28 PM

Another win by BFL.

Since the trade in value is only 50% not 1:1 so 2 Singles cannot be swapped for a SC single but 1 single + 700 USD = one new SC single ?

Maybe my head is broken Cheesy
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:31:14 PM

Sweet, are you going to stop raising cain now? The past few days, half of the posts have been you bitching endlessly.

bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:35:01 PM

Sweet, are you going to stop raising cain now? The past few days, half of the posts have been you bitching endlessly.

Tell me that I was right and I will run away and die a happy man.....

rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:35:41 PM

I never said you were wrong, I was just poking all your OCD buttons yesterday. Grin

BFL

Activity: 217

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2012, 03:36:31 PM

Another win by BFL.

Since the trade in value is only 50% not 1:1 so 2 Singles cannot be swapped for a SC single but 1 single + 700 USD = one new SC single ?

The value of an old Single on the secondary market should continue to hover close to it's $599 purchase price minus shipping and any convenience costs of exchange with whoever wants to buy it in preparation to pick up his SC.  When we receive it towards the purchase of an SC, it will be accepted at it's full $599 value.

Butterfly Labs  -  www.butterflylabs.com  -  Bitcoin Mining Hardware
bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:37:10 PM

I never said you were wrong, I was just poking all your OCD buttons yesterday. Grin

OCD ? ME ?....well, that's obvious...LOL

I feel like I have just exercised the demons..... This house is clear.

bulanula

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:38:50 PM

Another win by BFL.

The value of an old Single on the secondary market should continue to hover close to it's $599 purchase price minus shipping and any convenience costs of exchange with whoever wants to buy it in preparation to pick up his SC.  When we receive it towards the purchase of an SC, it will be accepted at it's full $599 value.

Fair enough, I admit my calculations were wrong.
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:39:18 PM

Jody

Wow, I thought I was a bit more trusted here than that.  I don't love to bash BFL, and I'd never purposefully post something untruthful.

Another win by BFL.

The trade in value is 100%.  But only 50% of the purchase price of any of the new miners can be old miners.  So yes, your calculator is broken.

I would expect previous-gen singles to hold their value quite well, even up to the point of first shipment of ASICs, at which point they may go for a slight discount (say, $450 to $500) to be used for $600 of trade in value on new SC miners.
bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:42:57 PM

So wait....

I can't just trade in either my 50 Singles for a new ASIC Mini-Rig ? or my 2 current Mini-Rigs for a brand new ASIC Mini-Rig ? ...WITHOUT any additional money ?

WTF ? Where's the 100% ! ? ! ?  Roll Eyes

yochdog
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:43:18 PM

Another win by BFL.

This.  It will be like selling giftcards......people are willing to pay close to the value, but demand a discount to facilitate the exchange.  

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
cablepair

Activity: 896

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2012, 03:50:00 PM

All sarcasm aside, BFL have made many current customer's dreams....a NIGHTMARE.

So, what this means is, all of you mini-rig owners and multiple mini-rig owners, be prepared to pay an additional $15,000 for each upgrade unless you want your 25 GH rig to become a door stop once ASICs fully penetrate the market and leave you in the dust.

I am now done. Argue, fight...fuck, I really don't care, because I LOST NOTHING....
(and am laughing , as you can't see my face, so you will have to take my word for it)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First off, I want to apologize to everyone who pointed out and said I was wrong, in regards to my previous SPECULATION(S)....
I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT and it all makes sense now.

SO..Get your BFL Orders in SOON ! ....while there is still product to be shipped. http://www.butterflylabs.com/products/
With BFL's 100% Trade-up Value Program, you have nothing to lose, but only gain.
http://www.butterflylabs.com/bitforce-sc-faq/

For those wondering, "What will I be able to do with my current BFL hardware ?", here it is.... just a few examples:

- Trade 1 old BFL Single for 4 new Jalapenos ($600 vs $600, 850 MH vs. 9 10.5 GH !)
- Trade 2 old BFL Singles in for 1 new ASIC Single and pay only $100 difference ! ($1,200 vs. $1,300, 1.7 GH vs 40 GH !)
- Trade 11 old BFL Singles in for 5 new ASIC Singles + 1 Jalapeno AND Pay only $50 difference ($6,600 vs. $6,650, 9.4 GH vs. 203.5 GH !)
- Trade 50 Old BFL Singles for 1 new ASIC Mini-Rig ($30,000 vs $30,000, 43 GH vs. 1TH !)
- Trade 2 old BFL Mini Rigs for 1 new ASIC Mini-Rig ($30,000 vs $30,000, 50 GH vs. 1TH !)

...but what am I telling people something they can figure out for themselves. You all know what the deal is, right ?
The TRADE possibilities would be ENDLESS ! - With little or NO MONEY involved !
Show your support for the company that strives to support YOU ! YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE.

I personally can't wait for this Trade-Up program to commense...
IT WILL BE LIKE Christmas when it does (and I mean the FEELING, NOT the time of year).

Cheers,
bitlane.

PS> I am not affiliated with Butterfly Labs in any way. I am just providing this info, because I CARE.

For anyone who missed the day's events, please understand that this post is 7,000% PURE SARCASM
...(yes, Seven Thousand Percent)

swish...
bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:51:48 PM

cablepair

Activity: 896

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2012, 03:55:23 PM

LMFAO

EPIC!!!

the A-TEAM was my all time favorite show when I was a kid
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 04:25:14 PM

Another win by BFL.

This.  It will be like selling giftcards......people are willing to pay close to the value, but demand a discount to facilitate the exchange.  

The old hardware might even fetch a small premium over retail for a while, since you can mine on the old hardware until the new hardware is ready to ship. But of course as difficulty rises this benefit will diminish.
yochdog
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 04:36:01 PM

Another win by BFL.

The old hardware might even fetch a small premium over retail for a while, since you can mine on the old hardware until the new hardware is ready to ship. But of course as difficulty rises this benefit will diminish.

very interesting take.....I could completely see that happening. 

KyleH

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 08:26:36 PM

I'd never give your bitching ass the satisfaction
MXRider

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 08:48:41 PM

Kyle, I have a special task for you. Suck my c***!

Bitlane was right and that was pretty damn impressive. I say he has earned that internet detective batch.
Definit

Activity: 357

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 09:23:52 PM

Bitlane was right and that was pretty damn impressive. I say he has earned that internet detective batch.

whats a detective BATCH!?!?
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 09:28:28 PM

I don't know, but I want one.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 09:33:58 PM

I don't know, but I want one.

lol, for bitlane's sake, I hope it's a batch o' bitcoins.
nedbert9

Activity: 252

Inactive

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 09:46:10 PM

LMFAO

EPIC!!!

the A-TEAM was my all time favorite show when I was a kid

Ummm, have we actually considered getting in contact with the A-Team?  They might be able to provide some leverage.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2012, 12:08:45 AM

http://tmblr.co/ZMIp3vNoFWDT

The internet detective award goes too...

Definit

Activity: 357

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 12:14:45 AM

http://tmblr.co/ZMIp3vNoFWDT

The internet detective award goes too...
SWEET!!!!  Shocked
bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 05:08:02 AM

Thanks guys....I am honored.

I would like to thank:
1) My medication.
2) The Voices in my head and forces of good and evil at constant battle for control of my soul.
...and last but not least...
3) Butterfly Labs, for being such TWATS....

...Thank you.
bitlane.
Internet Detective

RoloTonyBrownTown

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 07:10:13 AM

Bloody hell Bitlane, get on that ignore list already you gigantic douche.

Buckwheet

Activity: 169

Green Mining 85% Cheaper

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 01:26:58 PM

I am somewhat concerned by this since I have a large order of singles that still have not been shipped to me. Basically it means in order to stay competitive the investment I had secured needed to be 50% larger then what I got. My order is not scheduled to arrive until late July or early August and that is only 2-3 months from when the ASIC product would come out.

With all things staying even that is like $100 a month per single without any kind of power costs taken into account. So while I guess you would maybe pay off half of the single if you did nothing but sell the coins to pay yourself back, you would still be $300 per single short of replacing them with the ASIC product.

Of course that is also if they ship in October, the price and difficulty stay the same, and there is a reasonable turn around time from when you order and turn off the singles and ship them to BFL before you get your replacement hardware. It would be pretty horrible if you order, and then turn off the singles/mini rigs you have to only wait 2 months or more to get the new ASIC.

I think if you could secure your order with a credit card they would ship you the entire shipment of ASIC products and once you get them you could send back the singles/rigs for a refund to the card. Maybe I missed it but it seems this trade in policy seems more clunky then it should be.

Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 01:48:09 PM

I am somewhat concerned by this since I have a large order of singles that still have not been shipped to me. Basically it means in order to stay competitive the investment I had secured needed to be 50% larger then what I got. My order is not scheduled to arrive until late July or early August and that is only 2-3 months from when the ASIC product would come out.

With all things staying even that is like $100 a month per single without any kind of power costs taken into account. So while I guess you would maybe pay off half of the single if you did nothing but sell the coins to pay yourself back, you would still be $300 per single short of replacing them with the ASIC product.

Of course that is also if they ship in October, the price and difficulty stay the same, and there is a reasonable turn around time from when you order and turn off the singles and ship them to BFL before you get your replacement hardware. It would be pretty horrible if you order, and then turn off the singles/mini rigs you have to only wait 2 months or more to get the new ASIC.

I think if you could secure your order with a credit card they would ship you the entire shipment of ASIC products and once you get them you could send back the singles/rigs for a refund to the card. Maybe I missed it but it seems this trade in policy seems more clunky then it should be.

Personally I wouldn't be too worried. Most likely they will ship ASICs much later than October, and you can use your singles until they are ready to ship your ASIC order (at least that's what they have said). And if you don't have the $ to exchange all your singles, you shouldn't have any trouble selling some of your singles to raise cash. The singles should hold their value since they are good for a $599 credit toward the purchase of ASIC equipment.
Buckwheet

Activity: 169

Green Mining 85% Cheaper

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 01:55:50 PM

Yeah I am not overly concerned just yet. Just concerned that I had the opportunity to get more cash, but I didn't because I didn't know that I would need the extra to upgrade.

So now I am off to try and find some spare change in the cushions so I can just order the ASIC outright when it hits their site.

Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2012, 06:16:22 PM

So wait....

I can't just trade in either my 50 Singles for a new ASIC Mini-Rig ? or my 2 current Mini-Rigs for a brand new ASIC Mini-Rig ? ...WITHOUT any additional money ?

WTF ? Where's the 100% ! ? ! ?  Roll Eyes

The 100% is once you meet the policy's terms.    Yes you have to purchase more to upgrade but on the traded in singles or whathaveyou, you get 100% of the value of that unit.    I am glad for this clarification and that has now cleared up the last piece I needed to finish my Offering Statement for our IPO.    Regardless of my opinion which many of you have read, this is the reality and either you move forward or not.  I am moving forward and going to try this technology out from BFL.  I hope they have read through many of these debates and realize the influence they have and make it a level playing field for us even though they have the advantage on hardware.   Some idea on if they are going to stagger initial orders so let us have a smooth roll-out and ramp up, would be really helpful to all the miners out there.   Thanks

Dalkore

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2012, 12:30:52 PM

Can i pay AND ship my singles once the sc's are ready?

hotdealdave

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 04:12:57 PM

My fellow farmers and workers, we all should agree that companies like BFL should be doing all their R&D and labor out of the goodness of their hearts, rather than making any profit. Such is the will of the dialectic, comrades!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: