Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:31:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Silkroad Sellers Account for 15 BTC  (Read 3666 times)
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 11:57:13 AM

They really need to start IP and or MAC banning these fucks.  It's the same handful that keep coming back every month or so with new accounts..

Why does the scammer get a million replies meanwhile my post gets buried... Sad

Maybe this is why:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=88062.0;topicseen

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mcorlett
Donator

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 12:03:55 PM

MAC banning
The MAC address is never exposed to the web through the browser.

sadpandatech

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 12:19:07 PM

MAC banning

well, that's inconvenient...

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 03:39:57 PM

MAC banning

Hehe, it gets stripped out at each router hop.
But yeah, if they get banned, it's a forum ban and an IP ban, but with 4 billion IPv4 IPs it's hard to ban all the proxies.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
mcorlett
Donator

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 03:54:53 PM

MAC banning
Kinda-sorta, yes, but it's even less helpful in terms of banning spammers than an IP address. Changing it is as easy as entering a few commands in your favorite operating system's shell.

sadpandatech

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 04:20:07 PM

MAC banning
Kinda-sorta, yes, but it's even less helpful in terms of banning spammers than an IP address. Changing it is as easy as entering a few commands in your favorite operating system's shell.

I'd be willing to bet most of these idiots have no idea how to do that. ;p

- GA

bitcats
Legendary

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 09:17:08 AM

PMs from hellhoundpro:
Ok I have 98% selling rate. All of my reviews are 5/5 for the most part.  I have made 77 sales.  On there I only sold custom written stories, poems or songs Grin for people so you shouldn't have an issue switching to anything else you'd like to sell.  I have finished all my other sales and have taken down/closed my posts so the account is clean for new posts of products. How much are you willing to pay? They are currently going for something like 25 BTC on SR.  And as long as you do moderately well as a seller you shouldn't have trouble turning a profit. I'd like 15 which saves you around 70$.  PM me with any questions you have,  I look forward to doing business with you.
Best regards,
David

I would feel like I'm cheating you taking 25 Bitoin. Please I will only accept 15. Trust me I've made a lot of sales on their and do not feel at all bad about selling for 15.  Thank you though for your considerate offer.  Right now I'm just too busy with work to continue writing stories for people so I'd like to give someone else the chance to sell.  So 15 Bitcoins is my final asking price. No exceptions buddy ! Tongue
Warming regards.

After proposing an escrow service:
His answer: 06.26.2012
Nothing against your character however I've been cheated before by escrow services, most recently with a new ATI graphics card that set me back about 300$.  Sufficed to say I am a man of my word and I believe you should trust me.

I am 27 with a double major in Business and Economics from New York University. Honestly Id just like to make this transaction as smooth as possible and I have someone else offering 20 btc for it. I kind of need this deal to go through soon because I'm using those btc to purchase a present for my girlfriend. You have been outstanding with your communication and I would like to do business with you.

My final answer:
I think you are 16 with a double minor in cerebral competence. Roll Eyes

"Unser Problem ist nicht ziviler Ungehorsam, unser Problem ist ziviler Gehorsam."  - Howard Zinn
rapeghost

Activity: 419

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 05:18:35 PM

thank you to bitcats for making sure without a single amount of doubt that this guy is a douche bag^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H scammer
RandomQ

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 04:05:26 PM

MAC banning

I'd be willing to bet most of these idiots have no idea how to do that. ;p

Also mac addresses can be spoofed and changed. I got bored once and had a machine change MAC every reboot.
Clipse

Merit: 502

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 03:10:44 PM

Can the admin please PM me with any of the logged ip's of hellhoundpro since I believe its a fellow south african who I know from the South African online gaming scene and if that is the case I will quickly get all know/reported stolen funds back from him.

The logged in ip's will be a dead give away that I am correct.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
sadpandatech

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 03:20:36 PM

Can the admin please PM me with any of the logged ip's of hellhoundpro since I believe its a fellow south african who I know from the South African online gaming scene and if that is the case I will quickly get all know/reported stolen funds back from him.

The logged in ip's will be a dead give away that I am correct.

Your best bet would be to type up a short summary and submit it with the IP's you have listed and send them to Theymos. He will likely only confirm or deny a match. He generally will not give out personal info, IP or otherwisse.

- GA

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: