Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:41:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallet recommendations - options which can hold other crypto currencies  (Read 1117 times)
BladerunnerB26354 (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 05:25:21 PM

Hi All,

I'm looking to hold 5 different Cryptos, using mainly BTC for buying things, but also want to hold the following, to help their eco systems:

Ripple

Litecoin

Bitshares

Dogecoin

Can you recommend the current best wallet solutions for doing this, please?

Many thanks Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pierre11

Activity: 502
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 05:33:07 PM

Have never heard of a wallet that can do this but you could use cryptsy.com or another exchange to store plenty of altcoins and bitcoins aswell!
BladerunnerB26354 (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 06:09:56 PM

Have never heard of a wallet that can do this but you could use cryptsy.com or another exchange to store plenty of altcoins and bitcoins aswell!

Thanks Pierre !
RCan06

Activity: 325
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 06:56:59 PM

Just be careful not to leave too many coins on an exchange, I highly doubt we have seen the last time an exchange will go 'offline' and disappear with many investors coins.

I personally have 5 desktop wallets I use on an almost daily basis. Ripple, litecoin, doge, BTC aren't POS, so you don't even need to keep your wallet running for interest.  I'd recommend downloading respective wallets, let them sync for a day, receive coins and just store them on your PC if you plan to leave them for a long time.
BladerunnerB26354 (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 09:56:45 PM

Just be careful not to leave too many coins on an exchange, I highly doubt we have seen the last time an exchange will go 'offline' and disappear with many investors coins.

I personally have 5 desktop wallets I use on an almost daily basis. Ripple, litecoin, doge, BTC aren't POS, so you don't even need to keep your wallet running for interest.  I'd recommend downloading respective wallets, let them sync for a day, receive coins and just store them on your PC if you plan to leave them for a long time.

Thanks, RCan Smiley

Yes, I am incredibly wary of exchanges, after Mt Gox and the $millions that went missing.

What 5 desktop wallets do you use please?
RCan06

Activity: 325
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 09:54:28 PM

Thanks, RCan Smiley

Yes, I am incredibly wary of exchanges, after Mt Gox and the $millions that went missing.

What 5 desktop wallets do you use please?

Hey, just use the desktop wallets that belong to those respective coins you want to keep. Every coin will have wallet listed in the first post of their thread! Download it, follow directions for quick setup, send coins to it, done.
poncom

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 12:17:27 AM

After you install Bitcoin's standard wallet it requires a massive download to get the blockchain, then it can take days to sync before you can use it. I use something called the multibit wallet because it's only a small download and syncs in minutes after installation. You can download it at this link.

https://multibit.org/

This stickied post says it's recommended by bitcoin.org. Click the quoted post link to read about it and other alternative wallets.

meadefreling

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 10:47:33 AM

consider this http://www.multicoin.info/
Also read this https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/multicoin-wallet-roundup-multiple-altcoin-wallet-trailblazers/
I hope this helps.

BladerunnerB26354 (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 08:02:20 AM

Thanks for all the replies, chaps Smiley

I'm now looking to buy into the 10 biggest Cryptos by market size, and to save them for 5 years minimum, so once I've bought them, I wouldn't be spending them for a relatively long time.

As per my other thread on places to purchase, my understanding now, for 'cold storage' is to simply have physical Private Keys for each address, and after the initial purchase, keep the whole thing offline. Could you guys offer any advice on that?

Another thing is the malware out there for Cryptos - keystroke recognition malware on my own system, what are your views on using a Mac (iPad) if I were to make purchases electronically? I'm aware that Macs have still had Crypto Malware, but overall, my perception is they're safer than PCs.

^ Again, as I'd hold the Cryptos in cold storage for 5 years+ after purchase, my Private Keys would only be entered on my iPad once in those 5 years. Would you advise on any security sweeps to do on an iPad prior to that?

Thanks again Smiley
bitcoin_bagholder

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 08:10:27 AM

If you're holding litecoin long term there's a paper wallet solution: liteaddress.org

Generate offline

Bitmixer sucks

Bit-X sucks
BladerunnerB26354 (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 09:25:33 AM

If you're holding litecoin long term there's a paper wallet solution: liteaddress.org

Generate offline

Thanks mate Smiley

As of the moment, I'll be buying:

BTC
Ripple
Litecoin
Bitshares
Dogecoin
Maidsafecoin
Next
Peercoin
Counterparty
Darkcoin
robrigo

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 10:25:49 AM

Generate offline

Thanks mate Smiley

As of the moment, I'll be buying:

BTC
Ripple
Litecoin
Bitshares
Dogecoin
Maidsafecoin
Next
Peercoin
Counterparty
Darkcoin

You'd probably like ShapeShift for converting back to BTC for purchases: http://shapeshift.io/

I believe there will be a BTS / bitUSD integration in the coming weeks.

Twitter: @robrig0

In Detroit? Want to learn more about BitShares? RSVP for the meetup! http://www.meetup.com/bitshares-worldwide/
BladerunnerB26354 (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 02:55:38 PM
Last edit: December 09, 2014, 05:37:18 PM by BladerunnerB26354

Generate offline

You'd probably like ShapeShift for converting back to BTC for purchases: http://shapeshift.io/

I believe there will be a BTS / bitUSD integration in the coming weeks.

Thanks Robrigo.

So far then:

BTC through localbitcoins = I

Altcoins through shapeshift = II
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: