Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:55:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Compaq CQ60 laptop, 25BTC ono, UK only  (Read 1802 times)
Morti (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2011, 02:42:52 AM

I want to get involved in the Bitcoin economy, this seems as good a way as any.

http://bill.mu/stuff/cq60photo.jpg

Compaq CQ60-212EM.

Processor: AMD Sempron SI-42 2.10 GHz Level 2 cache 512 KB
Memory: 2048 MB (2 x 1024 MB) / Supports up to 4 GB DDR2 memory
Hard Drive: 160 GB SATA 5400 rpm
Optical: Lightscribe Super Multi DVD Writer (+/-R +/-RW) with Double Layer support
Display: 15.6" 1366 x 768 Single channel LVDS HD BrightView
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8200M
Card Reader: 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, or xD Picture cards
High speed 56K modem
Ethernet 10/100BT integrated network interface
802.11b/g WLAN
Webcam with integrated microphone
Sound: 3D Sound Blaster Pro compatible sound 16 bit integrated
Ports: 3 USB 2.0, 1 HDMI connector, 1 VGA port, 1 RJ45 ethernet connector, 1 RJ11 modem connector, 1 headphone-out, 1 mic-in
Power: 65 W AC Power Adapter
Battery: None
Operating System: None
Weight: 2.75 kg
Dimensions: 37.8 cm (L) x 25.2 cm (W) x 3.51 cm (min H) / 4.367 cm (max H)

The battery is, to use the technical term, "boned" so there's no point even including it. You unplug it with the battery in and it switches off instantly.

It will be delivered with a wiped hard drive so you can install whatever on it. I have tried to install Windows on it and failed, whether that's a fault with my own ineptitude, the disc or the laptop is your risk to take. It runs Ubuntu beautifully, however (Compiz and all). Has a license for Windows Vista Home Basic on the bottom.

Chuck in an extra 2BTC and I'll install Ubuntu and sort out the drivers for you. Yes, I know it has Ubuntu running in the picture but I plan to wipe it before posting.

Postage to UK included in the price. Can't be bothered to send it overseas. I'm located in Medway so could reasonably drive over to deliver it around some parts of Kent and London.

No carry case, box, instructions or anything else included. Just the laptop and the charger.

Since I'm new to the community I can't prove my reliability but feel free to use ClearCoin. For anyone who can't somehow prove that they have a positive reputation I'll be wanting a charity escrow. You could also just send the BTC to me directly.

Reply to this thread if you're interested. Price is 25BTC or nearest offer. I reserve the right to change the price depending on the market.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: