Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:28:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: moderators - delete  (Read 933 times)
||bit (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 06:16:05 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2012, 07:00:58 PM by ||bit

Moderator(s), please delete this posting. I am in contact with BFL, and want to allow them more time to resolve the issue that was posted.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 06:17:47 PM

Just want to ping the business and legal minds.

All I am trying to do is get a refund from Butterfly Labs after not delivering products I paid for (about 6 weeks ago). It's just a few days from being later than their own order terms (4-6weeks). And because after the fact, they make an announcement that they will effectively obsolete the products I have ordered but have not yet receive(!) After asking about a refund, BFL responded that only PayPal payments are refunded. I did not find any note of such a policy on their website. And it makes no sense to refund one payment method when the money is in their bank account regardless of method.
Business minds: Is there a good & right reason for that?

BFL Order Terms states:
Delivery: Units are shipped within four to six weeks from the date of purchase. However, your delivery time may be significantly less depending on the production group your order falls in.

One thing to note is the emphasis they make (and still do) that deliveries could be faster, but it does not state longer. Also, I have private email communication with BFL that made this same emphasis BEFORE my purchase. The email read that they had been delivering around that time as fast as 3 weeks. Yet, the number one complaint I have seen on the forums is product fulfillment time. So, it seems a bit of a disingenuous emphasis.  Anyway, I emailed their above policy to them with my complaint, but it seems BFL has decided to start the silent treatment. It might be argued that I need to wait a some days for a response, but I was already in a email quick back and forth on the topic that day, until after I quoted their own terms.

Legal minds: If BFL doesn't respond in a reasonable fashion, how would you proceed? I'm just trying to glean some insights on how to proceed before needing to seek actual legal counsel. I'd like to at least be compensated for my funds since they are without any shown concern that they are breeching their own order terms.

||bit

What did you use to pay Huh

If you used BTC you are screwed IMHO ...

Good luck ( subb )
||bit (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 06:18:51 PM

Good luck ( subb )

Bank wire.
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 06:19:41 PM

Good luck ( subb )

Bank wire.

Talk to your bank and declare fraudulent if they don't respond in like till Friday.

I doubt they won't give you refund though.

Not like they are me Cheesy
BFL

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2012, 09:03:46 PM

Your order can be refunded.  I think CS hadn't done a refund via another method, so she didn't know.  She's clear.

Butterfly Labs  -  www.butterflylabs.com  -  Bitcoin Mining Hardware
||bit (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 10:07:44 PM

Your order can be refunded.  I think CS hadn't done a refund via another method, so she didn't know.  She's clear.

Jody was who I emailed with, but we are working on it. Jody let me know my concern was not forgotten. Anyway, despite asking for a refund, and in light of not actually being ignored, I'm going to be patient and open to other than the refund option, pending further communication and that the goods are shipped soon (very soon hopefully). Meanwhile, I've asked the moderators to delete this thread.

---
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: