Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:25:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Louisd’or(codename)- first anonymous PoS, CN-based currency (technical review)  (Read 22133 times)
@bb

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 11:13:19 PM

We all want cryptonight  Wink

Well, we concidered cryptonight as option but finally we decided to go in different way, but still - it's not e kay feature of this project.
BTW, current implementation of PoS is significantly changed compared with that was shared in public repo.

Zoidberg

So to confirm, this will no longer be a cryptonight PoS coin?

Dont worry because the protocol still cryptonote much more advanced than bitcoin.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 11:18:57 PM

So has this coin been released yet? Are we able to start mining it yet? Let me know please and thank you

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

@bb

Activity: 137

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 11:21:58 PM

PoW hash has been changed, it's not a criptonight and it's not WildKeccak - it's well known hash with opens source gpu miners.

Zoidberg

Any known hashfunction is fine, just make sure it already well optimized imho, if possible even when the asic of the hashfunction will be made there are no room or just little room to crank up performance.

What about the scratchpad? Still use it or not?

Nope, for PoW we use common approach with usual hash function.

Zoidberg

But without scratchpad it will be easy target as sitting duck for asic development isnt it?
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 11:28:40 PM

So when exactly are you guys looking to launch this coin? Sounds pretty interesting to say the least Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

crypto_zoidberg (OP)

Activity: 976
Merit: 646

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2015, 03:13:16 AM

Well, we concidered cryptonight as option but finally we decided to go in different way, but still - it's not e kay feature of this project.
BTW, current implementation of PoS is significantly changed compared with that was shared in public repo.

Zoidberg

PoS have no relation with cryptonight hash function.

I guess there is a confusing with names:
cryptonight - it's just a name of PoW hash function(asic resistant - 2mb scratchpad, modern cpu instruction set).
cryptonote - it's a name of technology that makes cryptocurrency anonnymous (ringsignatures+stealth address)

Our project is still first anonymous CryptoNote-based PoS.

Zoidberg

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 04:54:09 AM

Zoidberg

PoS have no relation with cryptonight hash function.

cryptonight - it's just a name of PoW hash function(asic resistant - 2mb scratchpad, modern cpu instruction set).
cryptonote - it's a name of technology that makes cryptocurrency anonnymous (ringsignatures+stealth address)

Zoidberg

I guess it' a little late to be first now, since Pebblecoin has already implemented Delegated-PoS, which I guess you can argue isn't really pure PoS, but it's certainly not PoW anymore...
crypto_zoidberg (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2015, 07:31:51 PM

Zoidberg

I guess it' a little late to be first now, since Pebblecoin has already implemented Delegated-PoS, which I guess you can argue isn't really pure PoS, but it's certainly not PoW anymore...

Pebblecoin is interesting project, but i'm not sure it's combined good with cryptonote technology: as i figured out "delegate" should somehow "freeze" part of his money (stake) and then other users can vote for this delegates. But, as i understand (correct me if i wrong) anyone could use this "freezed" coins in mixins and after that you can't say for sure if that "freezed" money was spent or not. (that info that we could find from documentation)

So the anonymity and delegates should have some issues. But still, if this project supports anonymous PoS mint - than ok, I take it back.

Zoidberg

cryptonoob312

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 10:25:54 PM

still waiting on this one.  Grin
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 08:09:23 PM

Ya I'm very interested into getting some of these coins once they launch it Smiley Is there any specific date that the Devs have in mind for when they are planning on launching this coin?

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

crypto_zoidberg (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 08:01:48 AM

Hello everybody!
Here is the draft of emission curve for "Lui" project:

Script with formulas:
http://jsfiddle.net/dubqvwje/

In first 3.5 year will be emitted significant part of money, and then, after this period of 3.5 year emission will be about 0%-2% of whole money per year.

First 4 months will be only PoW blocks(1 block per 4 minutes), and then started PoS bocks (at height > 60000), PoS blocks have also target time 1 block per 4 minutes, so summary will be 1 block in 2 minutes(avrg).
100 000 000 coins reserved for project support ("premine").

Public betta is coming soon!

Zoidberg&Co

sonoIO

Activity: 209

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 01:38:07 PM

Hello everybody!

Script with formulas:

In first 3.5 year will be emitted significant part of money, and then, after this period of 3.5 year emission will be about 0%-2% of whole money per year.

First 4 months will be only PoW blocks(1 block per 4 minutes), and then started PoS bocks (at height > 60000), PoS blocks have also target time 1 block per 4 minutes, so summary will be 1 block in 2 minutes(avrg).

Zoidberg&Co

Hi crypto_zoidberg, doe1138 & rest of the team,

That is very interesting emission curve Lui will have. More i look at it it makes more sense.

For start i have following questions. Could you please elaborate on how 100 000 000 project support coins will be spent? Do you consider them for rewards for hackatons and other contributions to the project, and for marketing? Beside putting food on core-dev team tables naturally.
myagui
Legendary

Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 01:56:55 PM

Do I read the graph correctly, that well past the 1 year mark, the premine still accounts for more than 50% of all coins in existence?
Unless there is some wide distribution scheme early on (ICO?), this looks like a really sweet deal, but just not for everyone, if you know what I mean ...  Grin

Such a fat premine also holds the anonymity set hostage, unless I'm missing something. I'll avoid further comments as this project looks headed in a direction that voids my prior interest. Best of luck anyhow!

LucyLovesCrypto

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 12:01:50 AM

Hello everybody!

Script with formulas:

Zoidberg&Co

I think I speak for most people when I say this:

1. Your early work with BBR has proven you to be a good developer and your ideas for "Lui" sound interesting!

2. The premine is way too large. With that emission schedule there is no long term incentive to keep working and innovating for years (which would be the only way to justify that premine as a percentage of the early emission schedule). You could just do great work early, sell your coins for a good price and then abandon the project.  You started out well with Boolberry but have not done any work for many months (at least according to Github). Perhaps if you become active with Boolberry again people would trust you more with this project. Trust is needed for long term support when you are asking for such a large premine

Here is a post you made on Jan 31:

"Happy New Year friends!
Sorry for long delay with new version, we(me, Bitcrea, Scruffy) still finalizing and fixing bugs in new build. Hope it will come in next week.
I want to wish a luck to evey person related with crypto, i hope we are making this world better!
Zoidberg"

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577267.msg9995863#msg9995863

We are still waiting. Please come back to the Boolberry thread. I think you will find that most Boolberry supporters will also support this project if you continue to innovate with Boolberry as well. Right now many people feel abandoned
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 12:23:50 AM

So sorry to bother again but when exactly will this coin launch officially? I'm just curious because I've noticed all the hard work that you guys have been putting into making this coin the way you want it so I'm excited to get on it when it launches Wink Cheers

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

louisdor

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 10:16:40 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2015, 08:40:31 AM by louisdor

Hi guys!

Premine allow us to test PoS correctly. This is only a draft of emission curve for Alpha and public Beta testing (Actually we will change emission curve one more time before Beta). We will give coins to everybody who wants to test it.

There is no one opinion about the size of premine and neccessary to do it  in our team.

Before launch we will post all information about the project. We still have a lot of work to do.

Louis d'or team.
sonoIO

Activity: 209

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 03:44:43 PM

Hi louisdor,

Can we have code that can run wallet (and PoS node) on 32 bit OS please? Hopefully you'll incorporate some database format before it will need 4GB of RAM to operate
louisdor

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 11:41:59 AM

Hi louisdor,

Can we have code that can run wallet (and PoS node) on 32 bit OS please? Hopefully you'll incorporate some database format before it will need 4GB of RAM to operate

Hi,
we work on it.
louisdor

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 11:49:24 AM

So sorry to bother again but when exactly will this coin launch officially? I'm just curious because I've noticed all the hard work that you guys have been putting into making this coin the way you want it so I'm excited to get on it when it launches Wink Cheers

Hi,
we work hard to launch this summer.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 03:24:01 AM

Do I read the graph correctly, that well past the 1 year mark, the premine still accounts for more than 50% of all coins in existence?

Sounds about as shady as some bullshit named zerovert...  Lips sealed
vaporware asset wizard

Activity: 162

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:46:29 AM

Is there any chance Louis'or ends up in SuperNET? if bbr is part of SN, why not Louis'or?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: