Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:55:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer S3+ is junk and no support from BITMAIN  (Read 3033 times)
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 07:22:22 AM

@el_rlee,

Messaged him to contact you.  Give him a half a day or a full day to reach out to you, it is Sunday for him

Hi. What's the regular price of a controller board? Why not make them available in the webshop/resellers? Many people are left in the rain with exactly the same problem... bricked controller board.

They're not for open sale as it were and more reserve stock for warranties or customers in need. Opening up the sale of spares that aren't for still in production miners risks not being able to service warranty replacements because people tend to hoard.

What are you talking? Please give any proof/source for not totally making that up.
Do you actually get paid by the posting?

I got contacted by BITMAINTECH - let's give this another try.

No... I was just explaining why they're not advertised for open sale on the webstore. Its not acceptable to run out of limited components and so there has to be tight control on giving them out.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
el_rlee
Legendary

Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 07:27:46 AM

@el_rlee,

Messaged him to contact you.  Give him a half a day or a full day to reach out to you, it is Sunday for him

Hi. What's the regular price of a controller board? Why not make them available in the webshop/resellers? Many people are left in the rain with exactly the same problem... bricked controller board.

They're not for open sale as it were and more reserve stock for warranties or customers in need. Opening up the sale of spares that aren't for still in production miners risks not being able to service warranty replacements because people tend to hoard.

What are you talking? Please give any proof/source for not totally making that up.

No... I was just explaining why they're not advertised for open sale on the webstore. Its not acceptable to run out of limited components and so there has to be tight control on giving them out.

Did BITMAIN loose the contact to the supplier making them?
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 07:45:07 AM

@el_rlee,

Did BITMAIN loose the contact to the supplier making them?

No, certain components like customised controllers and hashing boards aren't going to be made again unless there is a serious problem / shortfall.

edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 08:01:17 AM

i am glad to say my case is finally closed to my satisfaction.

thank you BITMAIN_janet.

Dont give up, persistence is key.
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 12:26:45 PM

Seems to me this thread should be locked. OP seems to have gotten their issues fixed. And others also. Bitmain proved responsive and the thread is not marked solved or anything.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: