Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:14:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mini Rigs in the wild!  (Read 14502 times)
BitMinerN8

Activity: 626
Merit: 500

Mining since May 2011.

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 08:15:56 PM

It's a bad PSU and doesn't appear to be the fault of shipping damage.  I think this one's on us.  We were eager to get these units out and should have burn tested a bit longer.  We've paid for the return frieght, will swap the PSU and point it at Gigga's credentials while we run it through a longer burn.

^^^ This is why I would send money to BFL if I had any Tongue

now there's a good idea. " All purchasers of X amount of dollars worth of mining equipment may send in their credentials to be used during burn in testing"

though i imagine that'd be a headache if the pool went down.

Yeah, I had proposed that idea:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77796.msg953731#msg953731

It didn't grow legs though...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
David_Benz
Donator

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

you got hacked bitch!

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 09:44:22 PM

Equipment breaks. What IS impressive is BFL's response and how they are handling the situation.

Impressive?  Or is that just what they are SUPPOSED to do??  I don't see why giving them credit for something they should already doing is necessary.

Pretty sad that a 15 grand unit is broken, in one freaking day.  I would be livid.

I am the Bitcoinica Hacker.
David_Benz
Donator

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

you got hacked bitch!

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 10:30:38 PM

Equipment breaks. What IS impressive is BFL's response and how they are handling the situation.

Impressive?  Or is that just what they are SUPPOSED to do??  I don't see why giving them credit for something they should already doing is necessary.

Pretty sad that a 15 grand unit is broken, in one freaking day.  I would be livid.

Spot on, it is a fucking joke that they treat giga like this because he is clearly their biggest customer.

Anyone else would not be getting this treatment and probably not even an email in response like most people here report.

I cannot understand people are trusting in this mockery of a company, unless of course you have 100k spare for them to which you will receive preferential treatment as shown in this thread.

Most people on this forum think BFL is the best thing ever lol

Things are getting pretty pathetic around here.

I am the Bitcoinica Hacker.
psahx

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 10:48:12 PM

Congrats, Giga, nice setup by the way!
mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2012, 02:53:05 PM

It can be done by the box owner.  The processor trays plug into the PCI-E connectors as do the fan walls & LCD power system.  Only the power trip switch is hard wired.

It can be quite a lot of work though and in Gigga's case, it was really our responsibility...   didn't want to put him through that.

In a worst case scenario, the trays can run without a case and just plug into PCIE connectors of a standard ATX PSU.  Their top fans will keep them cool if sitting in open air.

There are no throttle issues with the Mini Rig cards.  The processors exibit performance edge behavior by giving errors and not via throttling.  Overall, they're much more heat tolerant.

PCI-E? Don't you mean USB? The mini rig card pictures you posted earlier clearly show no PCI-E connector.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=75764.msg906496#msg906496
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 03:35:58 PM

I think he means PCIe solely for the power distribution. It seems they may use the screw terminals on each board to 'gather' all the power leads to the tray which then plugs into a 6pin PCIE header.
As for data they have the sata connecters per board that get distributed by that control board that was seen earlier.

It would be nice to see more detailed shots of the internals BFL, not just solely because of the neat engineering work involved.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: