Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:37:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Microsoft beat Google to accepting Bitcoin!  (Read 4044 times)
BootstrapCoinDev

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 04:50:17 PM

What an odd sentence, by both BillG and The Register's copy. Having to be physically in the same place as my currency? No, I have a credit card, a debit card, and a personal checkbook, none of which require me to lug around vast quantities of currency. Heck, with a telephone or the internet, I don't even have to be physically in the same place as the business that is selling me their product! Additionally, I know that my 300 units of currency will not drastically change in value between the time I started filling my shopping cart and the time I check out.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fabrizio89

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 09:39:24 PM

Yeah strange times indeed. Google was my first bet this year, but everyone is already making the big step. Maybe Google fears that because they are the internet basically they cannot make a mistake and enter Bitcoin before it is really established as a long term thing.
DonQuijote
Legendary

Activity: 1551
Merit: 1002

♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚&#

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 09:40:44 PM

Google is a smart company, they are waiting the perfect moment... Maybe they are accumulating :/

THE INGENIOUS GENTLEMAN DON QUIXOTE OF LA MANCHA
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚♝♞♜ BTC tip: 39gUUFdJBdKWXnLoh3PMNX9eUz3DwakBKq
wadili89
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 10:05:29 PM

Google is a smart company, they are waiting the perfect moment... Maybe they are accumulating :/

They ar elikely making their own. They will realise late that they dont have the first mover advantage. For example see google plus.

Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2014, 10:38:17 PM

I wonder if the price of the consoles keeps on changing. I mean you could have 5 btc shown today and tomorrow when btc price goes up, price of console is now 5.2btc. Too bad these are only available in US.

countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 10:55:00 PM

Sounds great, except that I don't have a Microsoft account, and that I've never bought anything from Microsoft. Anyone knows how many people have a Microsoft account, and how many actually do buy things through that account?

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
camoflash

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 04:34:20 AM

Good Move Microsoft!
OrientA

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 07:39:35 PM

I never thought that I'll ever have to admit that MS is doing the right thing. Geeeee....

It will make MS more money.
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 08:57:42 PM

So MS isn't that shitty after all..
cutesakura

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 09:06:59 PM

I hope this can be followed by other large companies such as Google, Yahoo and others, due to its bitcoin accepted as payment applications, games and others make the price of the application to be cheaper than when the application is paid wear fiat currency ...  Roll Eyes
aronnov

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 09:24:32 PM

with more and more large companies such as Microsoft, Google and Yahoo in accepting bitcoin as a means of payment applications, games, etc., then I hope bitcoin prices will further increase, due to the use bitcoin more and more so that the collector bitcoin will think twice when it will sell bitcoin ...  Roll Eyes
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 09:45:39 PM

who cares for MS to use BTC not fully tho. Google are accepting it in some parts but they are testing the water before going public and making it fully functional to buy all products and services with. Indeed as som eone said waiting on perfect moment to go live with it. in terms of them grabbing bitcoin more than possible they are grabbing some for the future and testing to make progress with. Never know google might come out  with their own wallet system like google check out service.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 09:48:21 PM

who cares for MS to use BTC not fully tho. Google are accepting it in some parts but they are testing the water before going public and making it fully functional to buy all products and services with. Indeed as som eone said waiting on perfect moment to go live with it. in terms of them grabbing bitcoin more than possible they are grabbing some for the future and testing to make progress with. Never know google might come out  with their own wallet system like google check out service.

What about  apple ? I  think that they will never accept bitcoin as method of payment *they have applpay*.
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 12:31:40 AM

What about  apple ? I  think that they will never accept bitcoin as method of payment *they have applpay*.

apple maybe in the  future but they like their own expensive crap and apple I hate their just over priced junk and a fashion statement and can get far better products.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
kutaka

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 01:00:01 AM

They ar elikely making their own. They will realise late that they dont have the first mover advantage. For example see google plus.

Honestly what does Google do is a big puzzle for me. There are surely many people familiar with bitcoin who work there, I'm pretty sure that some of their technical employees also hold some coins. If they wanted, they would already be in, by buying coins, or more probably, some btc startup. They clearly do not do that, which means they either think that btc is not gonna make it (which worries me) or they plan on making their own (at which they will probably fail like many times they did).
Bernard Lerring

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 01:57:37 AM

I agree. Google seem to promote open source technology through their own distribution of AOSP (Android Open Source Project) and their Nexus range of phones are well known as being easy to unlock and install customised firmware.

You'd think that, rather than inventing some kind of GoogleCoin, they'd be embracing Bitcoin in the race to beat Apple's proprietary system.

Google are smart and know that they have to keep up with Apple so why are they so hesitant? It does seem like they have a bad feeling about the success of Bitcoin. Anyone agree?
malaimult

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 01:58:02 AM

Apple tends to be more slow moving when it comes to adopting this kind of new technology so I would expect them to likely be one of the last technology companies to accept bitcoin. Plus yes they do have apple pay which somewhat compeates with bitcoin.

I think that MSFT accepting bitcoin on what is essentially a trial run will allow both them and other tech companies to see the benefits of accepting bitcoin. Plus they probably don't trust bitpay enough for them to handle multimillion dollar orders, plus the potential for several hundred million dollars in orders per day could potentially mean that bitpay would offer inferior exchange rates as they would have difficulty exchanging several million dollars worth of bitcoin to fiat

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 04:38:02 AM

They really accept bitcoin, but for now only for USA  Sad
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/microsoft-now-accepts-bitcoin-bitpay/

I hope we will see bitcoin price raise up

Support for adding money to a Microsoft account with Bitcoin is currently limited to the United States.

Was trying it myself then noticed I am in the great white north I'll look forward to when they expand its borders sigh

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
ed_teech

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

Jahaha

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 10:40:21 AM

with more and more large companies such as Microsoft, Google and Yahoo in accepting bitcoin as a means of payment applications, games, etc., then I hope bitcoin prices will further increase, due to the use bitcoin more and more so that the collector bitcoin will think twice when it will sell bitcoin ...  Roll Eyes

I think this works in reverse, as mass merchant adoption equals mass merchant dumps. In the end, merchants need $.
Martijnvdc

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 10:40:50 AM

Apple certainly won't accept bitcoin, especially not in the near future. They seem quite serious about their Apple Pay system. Bitcoin is pretty much their enemy right now, i would assume.

Microsoft has taken some VERY strange steps lately. They seem to make some big changes, and i really like them. (open source .NET for example)
Perhaps this move to bitcoin is another step in their big plan to change their stategy.

I can see google taking the step, but then again, i find google quite hard to predict sometimes.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: