Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:30:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Microsoft beat Google to accepting Bitcoin!  (Read 4046 times)
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 12:24:14 PM

Apple certainly won't accept bitcoin, especially not in the near future. They seem quite serious about their Apple Pay system. Bitcoin is pretty much their enemy right now, i would assume.

Microsoft has taken some VERY strange steps lately. They seem to make some big changes, and i really like them. (open source .NET for example)
Perhaps this move to bitcoin is another step in their big plan to change their stategy.

I can see google taking the step, but then again, i find google quite hard to predict sometimes.

When I see how many Google-employees are trading Bitcoin privately, I wouldn't be surprised if they build a lobby within the company for supporting BTC....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kutaka

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 01:18:56 PM

Apple certainly won't accept bitcoin, especially not in the near future. They seem quite serious about their Apple Pay system. Bitcoin is pretty much their enemy right now, i would assume.

Microsoft has taken some VERY strange steps lately. They seem to make some big changes, and i really like them. (open source .NET for example)
Perhaps this move to bitcoin is another step in their big plan to change their stategy.

I can see google taking the step, but then again, i find google quite hard to predict sometimes.

When I see how many Google-employees are trading Bitcoin privately, I wouldn't be surprised if they build a lobby within the company for supporting BTC....

It does not work that way. They have smart people dedicated to looking for trends and technology opportunities, then they make a decision on higher level. I am pretty sure they have already considered it. They just don't see the potential, plan something on their own or do not think that it will fit their business model. Or just wait to see how it goes before making a decision.

Personally, I think that they are trying to snipe some promising startup, just haven't really finalized anything.
ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 01:29:45 PM

It does not work that way. They have smart people dedicated to looking for trends and technology opportunities, then they make a decision on higher level. I am pretty sure they have already considered it. They just don't see the potential, plan something on their own or do not think that it will fit their business model. Or just wait to see how it goes before making a decision.

Personally, I think that they are trying to snipe some promising startup, just haven't really finalized anything.

Yeah I agree. They must have already considered it. Google is smart.

I think they think like, accepting "Bitcoin" would mean a decline in potential for their Wallet or something. Just guessing.
Let us wait and watch.
ed_teech

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

Jahaha

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 08:45:47 PM

Yeah I agree. They must have already considered it. Google is smart.

I think they think like, accepting "Bitcoin" would mean a decline in potential for their Wallet or something. Just guessing.
Let us wait and watch.

Google is the kind of "lets do this ourselves" company
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 06:30:39 PM

If they come out with another altcoin, it is bound to fail.
Bitcoin is here to stay and they should accept it.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 07:22:43 PM

I was particularly surprised that Microsoft accepted Bitcoin this early compared to Google or Apple.

I'm sure Google is contemplating ways to implement or incorporate, but MS jumping into the fray this fast is good on them.

Apple on the other hand has made their own bed with Apple Pay, which they'll probably promote market aggressively to it's sheeple followers until Bitcoin does make a mainstream splash.  Only then, once it's available and easily implemented into Microsoft, Google, Facebook, Amazon's etc interface will Apple eventually jump on the bandwagon.

MS incorporating it is a good start.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
bitcoinmining

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 11:24:43 PM

Amazon, Google, eBay, Wal-Mart, Auchan, Tesco, Agip/IP, Shell, Q8, Vodafone, what are you waiting for?

They're waiting for Microsoft's Bitcoin test, Microsoft should start to give employees salaries as Bitcoin if they wanna be a pioneer again! That sounds cool  Cool
Agestorzrxx

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 01:06:21 AM

Great news.
exoton

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 03:35:03 AM

If they come out with another altcoin, it is bound to fail.
Bitcoin is here to stay and they should accept it.
I can somewhat see google trying to start a new altcoin however I don't think it would have that great of an incremental advantage over other altcoins just because it was created by google because google would need to stay somewhat uninvolved once it is launched in order for it to remain decentralized.

I think this will be a good opportunity for other tech companies to see how well bitcoin can increase their profitability and to get a real world "test" for bitcoin
botany
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 01:23:58 PM

I can somewhat see google trying to start a new altcoin however I don't think it would have that great of an incremental advantage over other altcoins just because it was created by google because google would need to stay somewhat uninvolved once it is launched in order for it to remain decentralized.

I think this will be a good opportunity for other tech companies to see how well bitcoin can increase their profitability and to get a real world "test" for bitcoin

What they would do better is integrate their altcoin with all their services.
Of course, nobody should have any expectations of privacy if they use an altcoin designed by google.
frank4000

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 02:39:08 PM

I was particularly surprised that Microsoft accepted Bitcoin this early compared to Google or Apple.

I'm sure Google is contemplating ways to implement or incorporate, but MS jumping into the fray this fast is good on them.

Apple on the other hand has made their own bed with Apple Pay, which they'll probably promote market aggressively to it's sheeple followers until Bitcoin does make a mainstream splash.  Only then, once it's available and easily implemented into Microsoft, Google, Facebook, Amazon's etc interface will Apple eventually jump on the bandwagon.

MS incorporating it is a good start.

This was indeed a very bold move from Microsoft! I'm looking forward to other tech giants following their lead.
malaimult

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:26:00 AM

Of course, nobody should have any expectations of privacy if they use an altcoin designed by google.
I don't see how they could do this. As it stands now bitcoin is very easily integrated into other programs, plus google can potentially simply use off chain transactions in their programs (similar to how coinbase uses off chain transactions)

exoton

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 01:34:51 AM

Privacy is one of the major selling points to getting people to use bitcoin (and altcoins) if an alt designed by google, for google is not going to have privacy features (or has anti-privacy features) then it is unlikely that anyone will want to use it which means it will not have any value
botany
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 06:18:50 AM

Privacy is one of the major selling points to getting people to use bitcoin (and altcoins) if an alt designed by google, for google is not going to have privacy features (or has anti-privacy features) then it is unlikely that anyone will want to use it which means it will not have any value

It is a trade off you make - between privacy and convenience.
Using your facebook account to log in is terrible for privacy, but convenient. People still do it.
Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2014, 06:21:29 AM

Do people buy things from Microsoft? hahaha.

Bananana

Activity: 481

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2014, 10:40:21 AM

Well, yes. 90% of the world PC operating system is using window. So what do you think?

exoton

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 11:02:17 AM

It is a trade off you make - between privacy and convenience.
Using your facebook account to log in is terrible for privacy, but convenient. People still do it.
Using a google altcoin would not be any more convenient then using bitcoin. Both would be easily spendable using a computer/smartphone. 
malaimult

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 05:03:16 AM

Well, yes. 90% of the world PC operating system is using window. So what do you think?
This is not what Microsoft is accepting bitcoin for. They are only accepting it in their xbox store (not for actual xboxs though) although they may expand this in the future

Martijnvdc

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 09:33:35 AM

This is not what Microsoft is accepting bitcoin for. They are only accepting it in their xbox store (not for actual xboxs though) although they may expand this in the future
Yeah... I noticed just recently. I checked out the payment options and bitcoin was nowhere to be seen, even though i read articles claiming otherwise. At first i thought it's just because i'm not in the US.
calchuchesta

Activity: 124
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 04:24:29 PM

They will. It's just a matter of when. The more time you take to accept bitcoin as a businessman = the more of a dumb idiot you'll be seen as in the future for not having the balls to be a pioneer.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: