Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2021, 08:13:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.21.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Xapo a scam??  (Read 29102 times)
Snatdard usre

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 06:14:50 PM

When I try to send some btc from my Xapo wallet, I always get a "You don't have enough funds to send the amount entered.", though there are surely enough funds. I have $43 stuck there, not much, but still a gift for scammers. No reply from support, too. Anyone had the same issue?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
ligeros

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 06:42:01 PM

The message "You don't have enough funds to send the amount entered." appears sometimes. Just wait and withdraw will work again.

I'm not sure are they scam or not. I just don't like this wallet.
They attracted people offering +50% to every faucet bonus, but to withdraw money you have to verify your phone number. It's small cheating IMO.

Snatdard usre

Activity: 62

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 06:56:28 PM

Thanks for reply. How long did you wait for the withdrawal to work again?
ligeros

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 07:01:57 PM

Thanks for reply. How long did you wait for the withdrawal to work again?

Once it was more than one week.
I'll ask my friends does Xapo withdraw works for them today.

rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 08:09:33 PM

i heard and readed only bad things abt xapo ; i dont say they are scam, but for sure they dont provide good service
jinxx

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 09:38:17 PM

never heard of it till now. why try other wallets when theres blockchain.info and stuff lol.
pureelite

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 10:13:49 PM

never heard of it till now. why try other wallets when theres blockchain.info and stuff lol.

xapo is a new wallet

but as you said blockchain is much much better and safer!
larsonX

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 11:03:27 PM

Xapo its working great for me so far. The problem you describe is when you have less than 10.000 Bits in your account. They requested this as way to ensure that the miner fees are covered when you transfer to the blockchain.

They are not a scam, actually they are one of the most well funded Bitcoin startups in the Sillicon Valley. Way more secure and more reputable than  Blockchain or the cocky asses of Coinbase.

Larson
karthus

Activity: 99

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 11:47:32 PM

i dont think any wallet is safe outside from the actual desktop wallet.

look at this reddit link about blockchain users, every so often theres always a huge incident with only blockchain wallet users

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2nkias/this_is_a_list_of_rbitcoin_users_who_had_their/
karlb187

Activity: 210

Need To Contact Me? Go To My Site!

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2014, 11:50:47 PM

I dont like Xapo because they ask all members to verify fully with them before you can cashout any faucet earnings.  Sad

I wasted a cashout from a faucet because I did not know they wanted my SSN  Undecided

Xapo is a waste of time and a risk.

Bitcoin Faucet List Maker      Makes Your Bitcoin Commissions Explode!   (100% FREE)
   Paid to Post Bitcoin Forum      Earn Up To 3,000 Satoshi Per Post!  
 ▥ SKYPE: karl.moneyinpjs ▥ ▦ TWITTER: @karlmoneyinpjs
kassadin

Activity: 99

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 07:47:08 PM

any site asking for ssn is asking to get their identity stolen and sold off to be abused.

you dont want a negative credit plus other crap that deals more paper work to say it wasnt you.
letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1013

●Social Crypto Trading●

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 03:19:07 AM

Its better to use only trusted and safest bitcoin wallet than trying newly launched btc wallets.

sandykho47

Activity: 252

Knowledge its everything

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 05:37:34 AM

Looks like Xapo isn't scam
But, most likely it's not as secure as blockchain.info / mycelium  Sad

I dont like Xapo because they ask all members to verify fully with them before you can cashout any faucet earnings.  Sad

I wasted a cashout from a faucet because I did not know they wanted my SSN  Undecided

That's right
Few people open Xapo account to only got faucet & they don't realize they waste their time  Sad

Kemampuanku Tidak semua orang memiliki dan dapat melakukannya . Tidak memakan kaum sendiri . dan mempunyai kode etik yang tidak masuk akal.
leesin

Activity: 93

#feelthebern

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 02:29:14 AM

it isnt a scam, but anyone asking ssn though its asking for trouble.

like why ask ssn?
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 03:32:52 AM

I signed up but then it asked you to provide documents before you can use their site so I doubt ill be submitting any info any time soon.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
sandy47bt

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 05:56:53 AM

It isn't a scam
But i have few trouble when use this wallet, i leave the it.

But, if you only want free BTC. You better leave it alone.
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 09:27:44 PM

i am in the USA and i signed up for this thinking people in the USA would be getting a card. I was shocked to see they not offering cards in the USA am not sure as to why not but it is a major problem i think. Is there any other cards out there that let people in the USA get them and have low fees to use / get card. Also a company that has been around for a while and is registered and some kind of regulation would be good. I really dont know why places like coinbase cant  just offer customers a BTC debit card to use would be awesome.  Wink As to the social security they can have it my credit is such shit 367 LOL that if they can manage to get some kind of loan by all means go ahead i will take a cut of that action lol. Also there is a reason as to why sometimes people complain about where they live but never moved and stay in the middle of nowhere so if they want to steal the identity then by all means they can have the criminal record and warrants to go with it and pay the child support haha. I also got that lifelock service that was bought for me like 3 years ago mother in law bought me 10 year paid upfront subscription but i would just be like yup thats me over seas let them have my life for a bit Tongue

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
mordekaiser

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 11:03:28 PM

uh, any website asking for ssn is asking for a identity theft.

outside from legit sites like verizon,tmobile, and other services that do need to run a credit check..but for bitcoin? please...
Nami

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 11:30:20 PM

outside from legit sites like verizon,tmobile, and other services that do need to run a credit check..but for bitcoin? please...

its not just this site that also asks for it, its also sites like are credit card based purchase sites.

like trucoin or the others out there as well.
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 12:01:19 AM

its not just this site that also asks for it, its also sites like are credit card based purchase sites.

like trucoin or the others out there as well.

i see what you are saying but even coinbase asks for social to verify information  and they been around for a while. In any case like i said i dont worry about it as my name in financial world is nothing lol just a poor immigrant lol sad but true

mlferro

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 05:22:48 PM

The message "You don't have enough funds to send the amount entered." appears sometimes. Just wait and withdraw will work again.

They attracted people offering +50% to every faucet bonus, but to withdraw money you have to verify your phone number. It's small cheating IMO.

I created a xapo account, about two months atraz.
and have been putting satoshis it. one day I tried to make a withdrawal, and this message appeared !!!
I was very disappointed, I tried several other times the withdrawal, did not work.

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 06:25:09 PM

and have been putting satoshis it. one day I tried to make a withdrawal, and this message appeared !!!
I was very disappointed, I tried several other times the withdrawal, did not work.
what was the amount you was trying to take out i ask since sounds like funds comming from a faucet. If so i wonder if they have a minimal amount to take out bitcoin

Xapo

Activity: 80

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2014, 05:22:29 PM

like why ask ssn?

Hey guys,

David here, Community Manager at Xapo. Let me answer your concerns about providing your SSN. As with any website from which you purchase Bitcoins, we are required to verify your identity. This is an important part of a common process you might be familiar with, known as “Know Your Customer” (KYC), which prevents unknown individuals from using Bitcoin for illegal activity like money laundering. Xapo only asks for the last 4 digits of your social security (SSN) in order to complete the identity verification process. Xapo is not a lender of currency and you will never be asked to provide your full social security number (unlike some other sites...). We therefore cannot, and will not, perform a credit check on any Xapo customer.

Any other questions about Xapo's reputation, I'm here to answer! - David

Twitter: @xapo
ligeros

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 07:14:58 PM

Hey guys,

David here, Community Manager at Xapo. Let me answer your concerns about providing your SSN. As with any website from which you purchase Bitcoins, we are required to verify your identity. This is an important part of a common process you might be familiar with, known as “Know Your Customer” (KYC), which prevents unknown individuals from using Bitcoin for illegal activity like money laundering. Xapo only asks for the last 4 digits of your social security (SSN) in order to complete the identity verification process. Xapo is not a lender of currency and you will never be asked to provide your full social security number (unlike some other sites...). We therefore cannot, and will not, perform a credit check on any Xapo customer.

Hi David,
It's great you appeared on bitcointalk.
I'd advise you to create official Xapo tread in Service Discussion subforum.

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2014, 08:30:27 AM

like why ask ssn?

Hey guys,

FOR the love of god please provide cards for people in the USA while we are not the biggest population we sure do love to spend thing of how much you can make in US market

mlferro

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 12:59:21 PM

what was the amount you was trying to take out i ask since sounds like funds comming from a faucet. If so i wonder if they have a minimal amount to take out bitcoin
I can not remember the amount,
but I remember I got 5k satoshi the account creation and + 5k for sharing on facebook. After some other satoshis received some faucets (+ or -  20k Satoshi or more, less than 40K).
tried to withdraw because he wanted to buy NXT. And I could not.

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2014, 11:14:22 PM

I can not remember the amount,
but I remember I got 5k satoshi the account creation and + 5k for sharing on facebook. After some other satoshis received some faucets (+ or -  20k Satoshi or more, less than 40K).
tried to withdraw because he wanted to buy NXT. And I could not.
i think it needs to be larger amounts to be able to take it out if i am correct. If someone else can confirm a minimal amount needed to take out as bitcoin transfer instead of a purchase please provide information. thanks  Wink

rayhan

Activity: 378

be your self

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 01:14:53 AM

dont know scam or not but just dont like xapo when i send some coin and never received

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2014, 06:31:02 PM

dont know scam or not but just dont like xapo when i send some coin and never received
I have personally never have deposited bitcoin directly all is coming from the ziebra faucet since they giving me 50% bonus i have made like 240,000 satoshi just clicking in like 2 weeks when i am at work between calls and when i remember lol. I included my ref link in anyone wants to use it, if not allowed op can delete ref part   http://faucet.bitcoinzebra.com/?ref=39e8f7e73ab5

rayhan

Activity: 378

be your self

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 01:20:51 AM

I have personally never have deposited bitcoin directly all is coming from the ziebra faucet since they giving me 50% bonus i have made like 240,000 satoshi just clicking in like 2 weeks when i am at work between calls and when i remember lol. I included my ref link in anyone wants to use it, if not allowed op can delete ref part   http://faucet.bitcoinzebra.com/?ref=39e8f7e73ab5
i actually dont like the faucet at all
i'm was a gambler even though amateur in gambling.. lol Cheesy

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 04:33:15 AM

i actually dont like the faucet at all
i'm was a gambler even though amateur in gambling.. lol Cheesy
i understand and wish you the best of luck on your road to recovery will be a battle all your life but you can do it  Smiley

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 04:07:41 PM

TO you and all on this forum happy holidays enjoy the time with family and friends. May the holidays bring everyone good stuff with good food and good drinks  Smiley posting this now as i know alot of people in areas where almost xmas

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 11:06:54 PM

seems like no activity here either, i am trying to find somewhere where they speak of the Xapo debit card more actively that what goes on this forum seems like noone on here talks about it. I am trying to get card for people like me that live in the USA. Any links to where i can find active chats would be appreciated will post this on the Xapo forums i go to to increase odds of answer. If you want to send me private message that is ok to with any information  Cheesy

clock27

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 11:11:45 PM

I also want the card and was super bummed when i found out after signing up that they don't send to USA Sad
also i had no issues withdrawing 50k satoshis this morning

Xapo

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 02:51:36 PM

I also want the card and was super bummed when i found out after signing up that they don't send to USA Sad

Our team here responsible for things like Compliance and Legal matters are hard at work getting past any red tape that is currently preventing the cards from being mailed to USA addresses. As you would expect, this is a top priority.

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 01:34:36 AM

maybe xapo would be so kind to suggest a canadian mail fowarding company LOL to us folks in the USA  Wink

clock27

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 07:26:42 PM

Our team here responsible for things like Compliance and Legal matters are hard at work getting past any red tape that is currently preventing the cards from being mailed to USA addresses. As you would expect, this is a top priority.

awesome xapo peeps Smiley im lovin the site cept for the card issue Tongue

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2015, 01:54:27 AM

awesome xapo peeps Smiley im lovin the site cept for the card issue Tongue
I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO need a canadian address to get a card lol or atleast a eta when they will offer cards to be shipped to the USA i feel so left out  Tongue

Vortex20000

Activity: 504

sucker got hacked and screwed --Toad

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2015, 02:10:02 PM

Xapo its working great for me so far. The problem you describe is when you have less than 10.000 Bits in your account. They requested this as way to ensure that the miner fees are covered when you transfer to the blockchain.

They are not a scam, actually they are one of the most well funded Bitcoin startups in the Sillicon Valley. Way more secure and more reputable than  Blockchain or the cocky asses of Coinbase.

Larson
Newb with one post.

Hello Xapo!

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2015, 05:30:16 PM

Larson
Newb with one post.

Hello Xapo!
LOL newb with one post ...... priceless i always do love it when its the new people with 1 post that talk bad about others

clock27

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 12:42:15 AM

3 withdrawls from here with zero issues so im gonna have to say they are not a scam at least for now

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 02:34:08 AM

3 withdrawls from here with zero issues so im gonna have to say they are not a scam at least for now
I dont personally think Xapo is a scam, i just am really mad i cant get a card sent to me in the USA. I am trying to find me a Canadian address or Canadian mail forwarding mail service to people in the USA. Trust me i really want this card but it is not being made easy for me to get this and dont see any good news in sight  Cry

Vortex20000

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 07:30:04 AM

They're no scam but I doubt their card will be exceptionally successful.

Josef27

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 10:40:53 AM

I don't know if it's a scam or not..
Why don't just use the original wallet where you'll have full control of it?
suman66

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 11:31:51 AM

i did not think that xapo is scam if its scam why almost people are happy some times their are sever issue
Vortex20000

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 12:24:37 PM

Or other legit services like virtual bank accounts... Etc

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 09:19:42 PM

because with the full wallet you cant go to like walmart and buy stuff or cant go rent a hotel room right on the spot. I dont want to have to like hey wife lets go on a trip i will sell some bitcoin to coinbase and wait 3-5 days for coinbase to send me money to bank account lol. I want fast transactions and real time use like a normal credit / debit card  Grin

Dilemma

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 10:42:49 PM

now it s not a scam
but i dont like this wallet
why? i dont know
i have some bad feelings about it
anyway, i dont think use it..

leblanc

Activity: 92

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 10:48:56 PM

it seems okay with me, so far. I got no problems, but that still doesnt say they might fail like everything else on this forum.
clock27

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 11:08:40 PM

I dont personally think Xapo is a scam, i just am really mad i cant get a card sent to me in the USA. I am trying to find me a Canadian address or Canadian mail forwarding mail service to people in the USA. Trust me i really want this card but it is not being made easy for me to get this and dont see any good news in sight  Cry

i would love that but the way the USA is it'll be a while before we see a decent BTC debit card i bet Sad

leesin

Activity: 93

#feelthebern

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 11:56:45 PM

I dont personally think Xapo is a scam, i just am really mad i cant get a card sent to me in the USA. I am trying to find me a Canadian address or Canadian mail forwarding mail service to people in the USA. Trust me i really want this card but it is not being made easy for me to get this and dont see any good news in sight  Cry

i would love that but the way the USA is it'll be a while before we see a decent BTC debit card i bet Sad

I thought there was going to be some crazy revolution in bitcoin since bitcoin ATM`s were coming out or something.

So no point in on btc debit cards.. unless they dont have the ATM`s at certain locations. I find the btc debit card situation no needed though, since it can be purchased through coin base.
clock27

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 12:11:40 AM

I dont personally think Xapo is a scam, i just am really mad i cant get a card sent to me in the USA. I am trying to find me a Canadian address or Canadian mail forwarding mail service to people in the USA. Trust me i really want this card but it is not being made easy for me to get this and dont see any good news in sight  Cry

I thought there was going to be some crazy revolution in bitcoin since bitcoin ATM`s were coming out or something.

So no point in on btc debit cards.. unless they dont have the ATM`s at certain locations. I find the btc debit card situation no needed though, since it can be purchased through coin base.
coinbase too slow we want the card for faster access to the US dollars Smiley

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 12:41:01 AM

coinbase too slow we want the card for faster access to the US dollars Smiley
Yeah coinbase is to slow for real life usage works great to buy and all but not to spend in real stores. I wonder why coinbase dont have a debit card seems weird and loss of profits

Vortex20000

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 01:13:24 AM

now it s not a scam
but i dont like this wallet
why? i dont know
i have some bad feelings about it
anyway, i dont think use it..
now your english bad
end i think u shoud lern english
becaus in the online world
peeple wil not understand u

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 02:00:25 AM

I dislike Xapo because of their customer support and I heard their debit cards we not any good.  That's why I personally stick with ANX, Xapo seems kind of fishy.  Their vault is useless, stick with cold storage.
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 02:32:46 AM

I dislike Xapo because of their customer support and I heard their debit cards we not any good.  That's why I personally stick with ANX, Xapo seems kind of fishy.  Their vault is useless, stick with cold storage.
I actually have a ANX premium card on its way to me. I do not like how the cards do NOT HAVE a persons name on it. Rather weird i dont understand reason. I mean come on they verify account but cant print name on cards is so weird.

Xapo

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 02:07:05 PM

I actually have a ANX premium card on its way to me. I do not like how the cards do NOT HAVE a persons name on it. Rather weird i dont understand reason. I mean come on they verify account but cant print name on cards is so weird.

Xapo is a true Bitcoin debit card linked directly to your Xapo wallet, unlike a pre-paid BTC debit card that requires users to transfer Bitcoin to the card. Just like any pre-paid Visa/Mastercard/Debit, ANX or otherwise, your wouldn't name would not printed on a card like that.

Monbux, I'd like to know what you mean by our vault being "useless". Did you have a bad experience personally you could tell me about?

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 02:13:23 PM

Xapo is a true Bitcoin debit card linked directly to your Xapo wallet, unlike a pre-paid BTC debit card that requires users to transfer Bitcoin to the card. Just like any pre-paid Visa/Mastercard/Debit, ANX or otherwise, your wouldn't name would not printed on a card like that.

Monbux, I'd like to know what you mean by our vault being "useless". Did you have a bad experience personally you could tell me about?
i dont think you will be getting any response, just for the record alot of debit cards in the USA come with your name printed. I personally have 3 cards i use that i load money at store like walmart but are prepaid cards. American express blue bird, greendot visa and the Rush mastercard. Just saying but we need cards in usa or canadian mail company to send cards to us folks in the USA  Grin

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 02:18:16 AM

I did have a bad experience, actually.  I forgot how long ago exactly, but I remember I had some bitcoins stored in the "vault" and I needed some extra btc badly, and fast, and the vault stored the BTC I needed,  It took me quite a while to get the bitcoins out!  I know you'll say it was for security and stuff, and I'll go along with that.  What I said above is not correct, I should have said; "In my opinion, I think their vault is useless."  A cold storage offers the exact same features except for this "insurance", but it'll be much easier to get the BTC as for it is in your OWN possession.  IMO, it's always safer when something is in your own possession.

Just my thoughts. Smiley
monbux
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 03:58:07 PM

I did have a bad experience, actually.  I forgot how long ago exactly, but I remember I had some bitcoins stored in the "vault" and I needed some extra btc badly, and fast, and the vault stored the BTC I needed,  It took me quite a while to get the bitcoins out!  I know you'll say it was for security and stuff, and I'll go along with that.  What I said above is not correct, I should have said; "In my opinion, I think their vault is useless."  A cold storage offers the exact same features except for this "insurance", but it'll be much easier to get the BTC as for it is in your OWN possession.  IMO, it's always safer when something is in your own possession.

Just my thoughts. Smiley
monbux
Thank you for sharing that information with us that does make a difference like you said. I was getting worried that maybe your coins was lost or stolen.

mirjangka

Activity: 154

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 07:20:34 PM

Xapo is legit

but customer support very very very slow respond

i stop using it back to blockchain

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 08:37:42 PM

Xapo is legit

but customer support very very very slow respond

i stop using it back to blockchain
WELL it is good to hear they are legit company, sadly the part of them being slow on support is not good, maybe they will grow some day who knows. I just know i want a card i can use with my name on it lol

Xapo

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 06:36:02 PM

Just my thoughts. Smiley
monbux

monbux,

Thanks for sharing your experience. To be clear about what the Vault is, and how we advertise it, the Vault offers advanced proprietary encryption and a highly secure process to move bitcoins offline, where they are stored in geographically dispersed locations and guarded by intense physical security. To many people with large amounts of BTC, who want the added bonus of insurance, the Vault is very useful, and worth the slight access delay. It's not designed or advertised to be for everyday transactions. If you need BTC instantly, you're better off keeping it in the main, hot wallet.

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 12:54:09 AM

Just my thoughts. Smiley
monbux

monbux,

Thanks for sharing your experience. To be clear about what the Vault is, and how we advertise it, the Vault offers advanced proprietary encryption and a highly secure process to move bitcoins offline, where they are stored in geographically dispersed locations and guarded by intense physical security. To many people with large amounts of BTC, who want the added bonus of insurance, the Vault is very useful, and worth the slight access delay. It's not designed or advertised to be for everyday transactions. If you need BTC instantly, you're better off keeping it in the main, hot wallet.
so i am just wondering what is the time frame to move funds from a " vault " to us personally if we wanted to have access to them. Should we give it like a day or 2 maybe 3 days ?

ligeros

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 11:30:48 PM

Is it true that Xapo takes zero fee when transferring btc?
Or this is old information?

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 04:57:39 AM

Is it true that Xapo takes zero fee when transferring btc?
Or this is old information?
i think it old information i think they had a current fee schedule i do not recall where i had seen it, but i am sure someone can post current fees maybe mod will see this  Huh

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 02:46:06 PM

Well i been trying to find a list of new fees to post here but i cant the ones i found seem to be like the old ones so i will wait maybe mod will see this and post fees  Huh

Xapo

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 04:25:05 PM

Well i been trying to find a list of new fees to post here but i cant the ones i found seem to be like the old ones so i will wait maybe mod will see this and post fees  Huh

The only fees associated with Xapo are related to our debit card service. Unless you have a debit card, or planning to get one, we have no fees associated with moving BTC around from your Xapo wallet (and that's what he was asking about). If you want to learn more about our Debit Card Fees, check our FAQ at support.xapo.com. Keep in mind, although it says there is a monthly fee (which is true, our card provider does charge a monthly fee) Xapo covers the monthly fee, which means there is no monthly fee charged to our customers.

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 06:07:55 PM

The only fees associated with Xapo are related to our debit card service. Unless you have a debit card, or planning to get one, we have no fees associated with moving BTC around from your Xapo wallet (and that's what he was asking about). If you want to learn more about our Debit Card Fees, check our FAQ at support.xapo.com. Keep in mind, although it says there is a monthly fee (which is true, our card provider does charge a monthly fee) Xapo covers the monthly fee, which means there is no monthly fee charged to our customers.
GOTCHA ok i did not even know there was a monthly fee that xapo paid for themselves instead of the customers, that is really nice of you and will help you all grow as a company

ligeros

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 08:38:09 PM

thanks for answer
that's great you have no fee
then my next question is what is your minimal transfer amount?
can I send, for instance, 1 satoshi from my Xapo wallet? will it be delivered? 

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 04:06:28 PM

Well i been trying to find a list of new fees to post here but i cant the ones i found seem to be like the old ones so i will wait maybe mod will see this and post fees  Huh

thanks for answer

i do not think there is a minimal amount per say to transfer from one xapo wallet to another xapo wallet, now they might have a minimal amount if taking out from xapo wallet and sending to a bitcoin wallet. I tried going over the limited information on site and found nothing that would be useful to us  Cry

Xapo

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 09:15:56 PM

thanks for answer

The minimum you can send is 0.0000555BTC. That limit is not set by us (Xapo), rather the Bitcoin protocol itself.

ligeros

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 10:26:45 PM

thanks for answer

The minimum you can send is 0.0000555BTC. That limit is not set by us (Xapo), rather the Bitcoin protocol itself.

thank you very much, this information is very useful
now I know one more way how to use Xapo wallet

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 12:18:51 AM

thanks for answer

cool thanks for the clarification i was not to sure myself if you all had a limit to send and receive bitcoins weather it is between xapo wallets or from xapo wallet to bitcoin address

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 03:48:48 AM

so whats the good word going on with the Xapo Visa or Mastercard forgot what it was and on phone so not going to go back lol this phone to slow lol, but any word on us folks here in the USA getting cards shipped out to us anytime soon, i dont know how ANX Premium card can be shipped to USA in under 1 week from Hong Kong with no problem. I will post this same thing on other Xapo forums see where gets answer faster as not always so active  Wink

Dilemma

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 03:14:02 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2015, 04:33:34 PM by Dilemma

i cant find my wallet adress in xapo..
where can i see it?
i really dont understand Smiley

dsyahputera

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 03:18:06 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2015, 10:28:21 AM by dsyahputera

i cant fing my wallet adress in xapo..
where can i see it?
i really dotn understand Smiley

First, you must verify your account info, then the Receive button will show on the main wallet, click on that and you will see your address Smiley

Btw, please fix your typo Roll Eyes <-- wrong grammar
suman66

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 05:35:50 PM

where can i see it?

Xapo has a new feature you address will change every time you received a one payment so we carefull
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 08:03:03 AM

where can i see it?

First, you must verify your account info, then the Receive button will show on the main wallet, click on that and you will see your address Smiley

Btw, please fix your typo Roll Eyes

LOL @ " please fix your typo "  Grin

dsyahputera

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 10:30:35 AM

where can i see it?

Btw, please fix your typo Roll Eyes

LOL @ " please fix your typo "  Grin

I'm not native Englist speakers, CMIIW Cry
dr1980m

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 03:05:24 PM

and the end of i decided try to Xapo
today i opened a account for me..
lets try and see..
i will write my command here..
Xapo

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 03:17:38 PM

where can i see it?

Xapo has a new feature you address will change every time you received a one payment so be carefull

Right suman,  we have recently implemented this rotating-wallet address feature for added security!

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 03:41:51 PM

where can i see it?

Xapo has a new feature you address will change every time you received a one payment so be carefull

Right suman,  we have recently implemented this rotating-wallet address feature for added security!

but are you still able to send payment and get deposits credited to right account if lets say people are interested in having bitcoin from lets say mining operation go right into Xapo? I am sure people do not want to keep changing addresses for payments to go to and all that good stuff lol, now we just need to get Xapo card to people in the USA  Wink

Xapo

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 04:10:52 PM

where can i see it?

but are you still able to send payment and get deposits credited to right account if lets say people are interested in having bitcoin from lets say mining operation go right into Xapo? I am sure people do not want to keep changing addresses for payments to go to and all that good stuff lol, now we just need to get Xapo card to people in the USA  Wink

Of course, you can still deposit the same address multiple times.

dsyahputera

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:14:39 PM

Is there expiry so the payment send to that address will not fund to the Xapo wallet?
Xapo

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 10:04:01 PM

Is there expiry so the payment send to that address will not fund to the Xapo wallet?

Nope

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 04:41:44 AM

where can i see it?

Ok thank you good to know  Smiley

Shrishti

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 12:48:55 PM

There are many faucets offering double the amount if you use Xapo and even offering when you even register a xapo account,i am sure it will prove itself a scam in the near future once lots of btc gets stored in it.. no other wallet's have such promotion's, And we can't even register without a Credit/debit card..as it requires pin.

Micro wallet and Faucet.org are the safest to store bitcoin and online wallet's we can trust.
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 05:40:23 PM

There are many faucets offering double the amount if you use Xapo and even offering when you even register a xapo account,i am sure it will prove itself a scam in the near future once lots of btc gets stored in it.. no other wallet's have such promotion's, And we can't even register without a Credit/debit card..as it requires pin.

Micro wallet and Faucet.org are the safest to store bitcoin and online wallet's we can trust.

lets hope you are wrong  Cry

Shrishti

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 08:57:13 AM

lets hope you are wrong  Cry

Ok. Cheesy
paulsonnumismatics

Activity: 263

Honni Soit Qui Mal i Pense

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 11:58:49 AM

i heard and readed only bad things abt xapo ; i dont say they are scam, but for sure they dont provide good service

Ok, then you can contrast here with my experience: Flawless service to me so far, Customer Service sometimes answer in minutes, just two times something didnt worked properly. I have recommended the wallet app to my friends and thats the first wallet they are actually understanding to use.

But thats my experience, of course.

This space is for lease, apparently.
Madness

Activity: 644

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 12:53:42 PM

When I try to send some btc from my Xapo wallet, I always get a "You don't have enough funds to send the amount entered.", though there are surely enough funds. I have $43 stuck there, not much, but still a gift for scammers. No reply from support, too. Anyone had the same issue?

I don't see people complaining about it to be honest , and they seem to be expending everywhere and getting known too.
so pretty sure that it's not a scam company , just wait sometime and try again later or they simply have some fees and you don't have enough to send + pay the fees in the same time .

~ Madness.

Surger

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 12:59:59 PM

why you think that xapo is spam?
i dont hear any bad news about them
it's a kind of wallet..
Maybe it will be scam but not now..
Xapo

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 03:26:54 PM

it's a kind of wallet..

Surger, I can assure you, Xapo is not a scam, and it never will be. You should read about the company, our products and development, which Venture Capitalists have backed us, and the history of our Founder and CEO. That should answer any doubts related to the legitimacy of Xapo.

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 07:50:31 PM

it's a kind of wallet..

Surger, I can assure you, Xapo is not a scam, and it never will be. You should read about the company, our products and development, which Venture Capitalists have backed us, and the history of our Founder and CEO. That should answer any doubts related to the legitimacy of Xapo.

you know people are always going to have issues no matter what is said or shown, you just have to continue to provide excellent customer service, top notch security and deff have cold and warm wallets

frant100

Activity: 349

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 08:49:34 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2015, 10:07:29 PM by frant100

cant use xapo unless your fully verified and they only accept passport or government issued id cards as verification (whats wrong with driving licence. I live in uk we don't use id cards, apart from to prove your old enough to buy a pint) all they ask for is a number no photos of the id.
so fuck them if they cant do a proper verification process I wont use them
I SMELL SCAM be aware of immigrants with your name
oh and their website runs like a bag of shit
when they declined my verification they said:-
We were not able to verify the information you provided and are unable to enable full functionality for your account. For more information, please see our identity verification frequently asked questions.

they should provide a reason so I can correct it not point me to some useless faq that only says you cant use if you don't verify. it provides no other usefull information as to how to get verified

oh and "unable to enable full functionality for your account" don't they mean any funcionallity?(not full functionality)  not even an online wallet that can be used outside of the fiat world?
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 04:22:44 AM

cant use xapo unless your fully verified and they only accept passport or government issued id cards as verification (whats wrong with driving licence. I live in uk we don't use id cards, apart from to prove your old enough to buy a pint) all they ask for is a number no photos of the id.
We were not able to verify the information you provided and are unable to enable full functionality for your account. For more information, please see our identity verification frequently asked questions.

they should provide a reason so I can correct it not point me to some useless faq that only says you cant use if you don't verify. it provides no other usefull information as to how to get verified

oh and "unable to enable full functionality for your account" don't they mean any funcionallity?(not full functionality)  not even an online wallet that can be used outside of the fiat world?

wait back up what do you mean you cant use a driver license to verify? I am in the USA and i dont travel out of country anymore so i do not need no passport so no reason to spend $300 for a 6 year book i wont use. Also i have never heard of a national travel id card, atleast not in the USA so must be something from your area. I only have driver license and i am sure that is what like 99% of americans use

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 06:25:14 PM

so i guess my above post is not going to get answer regarding the question on verification

Timbits

Activity: 36

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 06:26:58 PM

There terrible run
funtotry

Activity: 420

Ever wanted to run your own casino? PM me for info

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 06:28:05 PM

Xapo is definitely not a scam, I used to use their vault and regular wallet and was very fast and support was very quick to respond as well when the transfer took more than 24 hours. I heard that the fees were lowered or remove for their vault.

Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1608

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 06:29:21 PM

I got my Xapo debit card without being fully registered. Yes, I had to fill in my basic details, but they never requested an ID. I have used the Xapo debit card and it works great, just like their app. Their website? Not so much. It's very confusing (for example the buying Bitcoins part) and sometimes so slow that I have to login again before I can do something, which is quite annoying.

All my support questions have always been answered within 24 hours so I'm a happy customer at Xapo.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
        ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
        ▄▀▀▄      █
        █   ▀▄     █
      ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
     ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
   ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
 ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
Xapo

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 07:33:01 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2015, 12:05:54 AM by Xapo

oh and "unable to enable full functionality for your account" don't they mean any funcionallity?(not full functionality)  not even an online wallet that can be used outside of the fiat world?

A current driver's license IS considered a valid Government Issued ID. Common reasons why Xapo is unable to verify a user's identity include the following: discrepancies in repository information, incomplete information, recent changes in your address, or other data points used in our screening process. Additionally, please see our frequently asked questions regarding trust and privacy: http://support.xapo.com/trust-and-privacy.

Ab-Soul

Activity: 648

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 01:16:49 PM

It's not scam but I wouldn't use it. Remember inputs.io and never trust online wallets.

▄██▄
          ▄██▀▀██▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██▄
      ▄██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▄
    ▄██▀  ▄██▀▀██▄  ▀██▄
  ▄██▀  ▄██▀    ▀██▄  ▀██▄
▄██▀  ▄██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▄  ▀██▄
▀██▄▄██▀  ▄██▀▀██▄  ▀██▄▄██▀
  ███▀  ▄██▀    ▀██▄  ▀███
▄██▀▀████▀        ▀████▀▀██▄
▀██▄▄████▄        ▄████▄▄██▀
  ███▄  ▀██▄    ▄██▀  ▄███
▄██▀▀██▄  ▀██▄▄██▀  ▄██▀▀██▄
▀██▄  ▀██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▀  ▄██▀
  ▀██▄  ▀██▄    ▄██▀  ▄██▀
    ▀██▄  ▀██▄▄██▀  ▄██▀
      ▀██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██▀
          ▀██▄▄██▀
            ▀██▀
DAOstack
     ██
    ██
   ██ 
  ██  ███
 ██  █████
██  ███████
 ██  █████
  ██  ███
   ██ 
    ██
     ██
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ◆ ◆ ◆  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
.COMPLETE TOOLS FOR DECENTRALIZED COLLABORATION AT SCALE.

██
     ██
   █  ██
  ███  ██
 █████  ██
███████  ██
 █████  ██
  ███  ██
   █  ██
     ██
    ██

▄███▄
▄███████▄
▄███████████▄
▄███████████████▄
▄████     █▀████████▄
▄██████  ██ █  ▀████████▄
▄████████  ▄▄ █    ▀████████▄
▄██████████  ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▄
▀██████████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███████▀
▀██████  ▀▀▀▀▀     █████▀
▀████            ███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀███████████▀
▀███████▀
▀███▀

▄███▄
▄███████▄
▄███████████▄
▄███████████████▄
▄█████████████▀▀▀███▄
▄█████████▀▀▀      █████▄
▄█████▀▀▀       ▄    ███████▄
▄████▄         ▄█▀    ██████████▄
▀███████▄    ▄█▀      ██████████▀
▀████████▄█▀       █████████▀
▀████████  ▄     ███████▀
▀██████ ███▄  ██████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀███████████▀
▀███████▀
▀███▀
▄███▄
▄███████▄
▄███████████▄
▄███████████████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀████▄
▄████ ▀███████     ▀▄███▄
▄██████   ▀▀█▀▀      ▄██████▄
▄█████████              ████████▄
████████████             ██████████
▀███████████▄          █████████▀
▀█████████▀        ▄████████▀
▀███▀▀        ▄▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀███████████▀
▀███████▀
▀███▀
funtotry

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 04:16:59 PM

It's not scam but I wouldn't use it. Remember inputs.io and never trust online wallets.
Yes you are correct. With xapo, its not actually owned by you, you can't take the private key of your wallet, and they could cut you at any time. The funds are not yours, its just a random number in a system which isn't transparent.
Always be careful when dealing with online wallets, other than blockchain.info

Xapo

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 06:41:55 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2015, 07:07:17 PM by Xapo

Yes you are correct. With xapo, its not actually owned by you, you can't take the private key of your wallet, and they could cut you at any time. The funds are not yours, its just a random number in a system which isn't transparent.
I think the mentality that we can't trust anyone, including well-funded companies with experienced teams who have established a reputation like Coinbase, BitPay, Xapo, and Bitstamp (who despite the hack, didn't cost a single user a penny), hinders the progress of bitcoin. I totally understand bitcoin users who do not want to use online 3rd party wallet providers, they have their reasons, many of which are completely legitimate, but to say keeping your bitcoins with Xapo is like a disaster waiting to happen, is not fair when you consider the alternative. A lot of people trust Xapo more than they trust their ability to not lose a paper wallet, for example. There is no fail-safe solution, but at least Xapo has invested a lot more money into a security architecture than the people who write-off third party wallet providers.

Carlos Maslaton

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 08:18:02 PM

I got my Xapo debit card without being fully registered. Yes, I had to fill in my basic details, but they never requested an ID. I have used the Xapo debit card and it works great, just like their app. Their website? Not so much. It's very confusing (for example the buying Bitcoins part) and sometimes so slow that I have to login again before I can do something, which is quite annoying.

All my support questions have always been answered within 24 hours so I'm a happy customer at Xapo.
If any doubt about our tool for buying Bitcoins don't hesitate to contact us. I'm personally in charge of this Xapo Department.
akustik

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 01:16:30 PM

i think it's not scam
but have some problems
because a lot of people not happy with them...
dsyahputera

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 01:18:59 PM

i think it's not scam
but have some problems
because a lot of people not happy with them...
Some problems? I don't think so Undecided
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 04:31:59 PM

oh and "unable to enable full functionality for your account" don't they mean any funcionallity?(not full functionality)  not even an online wallet that can be used outside of the fiat world?

A current driver's license IS considered a valid Government Issued ID. Common reasons why Xapo is unable to verify a user's identity include the following: discrepancies in repository information, incomplete information, recent changes in your address, or other data points used in our screening process. Additionally, please see our frequently asked questions regarding trust and privacy: http://support.xapo.com/trust-and-privacy.

ok thanks for the response

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 04:40:42 PM

I think the mentality that we can't trust anyone, including well-funded companies with experienced teams who have established a reputation like Coinbase, BitPay, Xapo, and Bitstamp (who despite the hack, didn't cost a single user a penny), hinders the progress of bitcoin. I totally understand bitcoin users who do not want to use online 3rd party wallet providers, they have their reasons, many of which are completely legitimate, but to say keeping your bitcoins with Xapo is like a disaster waiting to happen, is not fair when you consider the alternative. A lot of people trust Xapo more than they trust their ability to not lose a paper wallet, for example. There is no fail-safe solution, but at least Xapo has invested a lot more money into a security architecture than the people who write-off third party wallet providers.

it is true and that is why you always have to continue to provide you on top of things and taking care of customers funds and have high security. None of this " oopppps we had 1 bad employee who broke all our security and took off with thousands of bitcoins " Also letting the address of physical offices where customers can go visit might be good

Dilemma

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 08:44:11 AM

i used them last 2 days..
i am a new member but now everthing work perfectly..
it's not a scam...

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2015, 02:59:19 AM

it's not a scam...

i am NOT saying it is a scam i really want for Xapo to be a good inovative product cause i so badly want a bitcoin debit card that has my name printed on it and that it can be a visa or mastercard. I almost forgot with the feauture to where it only sells the amount of bitcoin to cover fiat transaction in real time and not some crappy pre load limits. With that said it does not help when you say " i am new but not a scam lol " just saying  Wink

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2015, 07:14:42 PM

lol what on earth i say something good and goes dead in here  Shocked

fonzie

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 07:32:33 PM

100% SCAM

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world΄s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
Xapo

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2015, 09:35:43 PM

100% SCAM
Could you provide some details, fonzie?

champbronc2

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 01:17:47 AM

No, they just kind of need to work a whole lot on the UI...

https://bitquick.co - Buy bitcoins instantly with cash at 2% fee or Sell Bitcoins at 0% fee with BitQuick.co. Encourage safer, more secure trading! Stop selling on LocalBitcoins.
Safe trading resource: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=208203.0 Read it before you ever make a trade! Know what you're getting yourself into!
dsyahputera

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 10:37:23 AM

100% SCAM
Come on fonzie, do you can explain this? Don't just make a spammy post.
poncho32

Activity: 316

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 10:42:47 AM

it's not a scam...

i am NOT saying it is a scam i really want for Xapo to be a good inovative product cause i so badly want a bitcoin debit card that has my name printed on it and that it can be a visa or mastercard. I almost forgot with the feauture to where it only sells the amount of bitcoin to cover fiat transaction in real time and not some crappy pre load limits. With that said it does not help when you say " i am new but not a scam lol " just saying  Wink

Are there any bitcoin debit cards that are definitely 100% certain reliable and not a scam? They are a good idea but I seem to see complaints about them all.
Miftach

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 03:35:28 AM

100% SCAM
please explain us about it
no proof hoax! Smiley
i use xapo so far so good
doorbell2262

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 05:18:59 AM

yea they pretty much are. if you try to withdrawl a small (unspecified) amount you just lose it, and they wont pay you back. i guess if you dont want a desktop wallet and you are dealing with large amounts of bitcoins its good. they prey on people that sign up for bitcoin faucets and dont read the fine print. bottom line, if you dont want to store your btcs in xapo permanently DONT use store them there at all. i just lost a who payout to them.
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 04:02:38 PM

100% SCAM
Come on fonzie, do you can explain this? Don't just make a spammy post.

Yeah come on dont just say sacam and provide no proof or anything

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 04:03:59 PM

it's not a scam...

Are there any bitcoin debit cards that are definitely 100% certain reliable and not a scam? They are a good idea but I seem to see complaints about them all.

i always thought this one would be one of the best cards except i could not get it as i am in the usa lol, i also use anx premium mastercard as well i just dont like load times

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 04:05:35 PM

yea they pretty much are. if you try to withdrawl a small (unspecified) amount you just lose it, and they wont pay you back. i guess if you dont want a desktop wallet and you are dealing with large amounts of bitcoins its good. they prey on people that sign up for bitcoin faucets and dont read the fine print. bottom line, if you dont want to store your btcs in xapo permanently DONT use store them there at all. i just lost a who payout to them.

what how did you loose a payment was it going out to someone or was it something someone sent to you, did you try to contact them and provide them proof of lost bitcoin?

Xapo

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 03:12:38 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2015, 01:58:45 PM by Xapo

It's not very clear what you mean by "they wont pay you back", but I'm happy to help you out. I'm sending you a PM so I can get your account details and create a support ticket for you. It's been made pretty clear throughout this thread that our legitimacy is not in question. We gain nothing out of "preying on people that sign up for bitcoin faucets".

tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 04:41:38 PM

It's not very clear what you mean by "they wont pay you back", but I'm happy to help you out. I'm sending you a PM so I can get your account details and create a support ticket for you. It's been made pretty clear throughout this thread that our legitimacy is not in question. We gain nothing out "preying on people that sign up for bitcoin faucets".

I don't use a Xapo wallet, but I've heard people say that Xapo (like Coinbase) doesn't require its users to pay the transaction fees. Here's my question, does Xapo pay the fees for its users, or just sends bitcoins to other wallets outside Xapo without paying the fee at all?
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 01:19:26 AM

It's not very clear what you mean by "they wont pay you back", but I'm happy to help you out. I'm sending you a PM so I can get your account details and create a support ticket for you. It's been made pretty clear throughout this thread that our legitimacy is not in question. We gain nothing out "preying on people that sign up for bitcoin faucets".

I don't use a Xapo wallet, but I've heard people say that Xapo (like Coinbase) doesn't require its users to pay the transaction fees. Here's my question, does Xapo pay the fees for its users, or just sends bitcoins to other wallets outside Xapo without paying the fee at all?

GOOD question i never really thought about that but ofcourse now i am thinking about it  Huh

tee-rex

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 09:47:27 AM

GOOD question i never really thought about that but ofcourse now i am thinking about it  Huh

I'm expecting Mr. Xapo to walk in and expand more on this matter. We're patiently waiting for your honest reply Mr. Xapo.
Xapo

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 01:59:43 PM

Good question tee-rex. Transaction fees are paid, Xapo simply covers the cost.

Bizmark13

Activity: 448

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 06:35:38 PM

I found out about them from Freebitco.in. I registered an account a month ago using the link provided by them and got the free 50 uBTC. But Freebitco.in also said that I would get an additional 1,000 uBTC after verifying my phone number. Well that's what I did but the extra uBTC still hasn't arrived. And to withdraw anything, you need to provide your address and passport number which I was never told about. Weird. Oh well, it's only ~25 cents so it's not like I care anyway.
tee-rex

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 06:38:49 PM

I found out about them from Freebitco.in. I registered an account a month ago using the link provided by them and got the free 50 uBTC. But Freebitco.in also said that I would get an additional 1,000 uBTC after verifying my phone number. Well that's what I did but the extra uBTC still hasn't arrived. And to withdraw anything, you need to provide your address and passport number which I was never told about. Weird. Oh well, it's only ~25 cents so it's not like I care anyway.

Mr. Xapo, is it true that a client would need to provide his/her address and passport to withdraw funds? If so, why would you need this info in the first place? Are you a CIA/NSA crew on a mission?
Bizmark13

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 07:17:51 PM

Mr. Xapo, is it true that a client would need to provide his/her address and passport to withdraw funds? If so, why would you need this info in the first place? Are you a CIA/NSA crew on a mission?

I'm not him (Mr. Xapo) but I decided to finally go through the verification step and it's easier than I thought. The site just asks you for your address, passport number, origin of passport, and date of birth. You don't have to submit any documents and the verification step is instant (or at least it seems to be). I still only have 50 bits which is only worth 1 cent and I'm pretty sure that's not enough to withdraw. Maybe the 1,000 uBTC bonus will come into my account now but if it doesn't then not to worry, as it's only 25 cents.

I was never asked for my SSN unlike some of the reports I've read. Perhaps that is because I'm not an American?

Honestly, I'm not interested in this service that much since I prefer to have control over my private keys and I don't think Xapo allows that but I can see myself using it for purchases if it becomes big in the future.
fildza

Activity: 322

Ask me anything if you have any problem

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 08:50:59 AM

Xapo only ask me for phone verification and never receive any address, passport number, origin of passport, and date of birth etc. I can withdraw 50 bits and not have any problem

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Bizmark13

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 09:15:46 AM

Xapo only ask me for phone verification and never receive any address, passport number, origin of passport, and date of birth etc. I can withdraw 50 bits and not have any problem

That's odd. In my case, whenever I clicked the "pay" tab, a form popped up asking me for address, passport origin, passport number, etc. This was after I had my phone number verified. Only after I filled out that form did the "pay" tab finally link to an actual payment page. I haven't tried making any payments using it though.
fildza

Activity: 322

Ask me anything if you have any problem

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 09:29:34 AM

That's odd. In my case, whenever I clicked the "pay" tab, a form popped up asking me for address, passport origin, passport number, etc. This was after I had my phone number verified. Only after I filled out that form did the "pay" tab finally link to an actual payment page. I haven't tried making any payments using it though.
Ouh I see that why many bad comment about xapo. But I really never experience any of that

▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
Xapo

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 08:49:33 PM

Xapo is a financial services company, and we offer products and services that allow our users to store and transact with their bitcoins. It is important to protect our business and our users from fraud and to prevent, detect, and report any activity where our services are being used for money laundering, terrorist financing and other illicit activities. Part of this requires that we identify and know who our customers are.  

Our business is subject to regulation in various jurisdictions. As such, we have implemented anti-money laundering, or AML, policies and procedures designed to meet the applicable regulatory requirements. Information you provide is held in accordance with the terms of our Privacy Policy.

tee-rex

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 08:53:04 PM

Xapo is a financial services company, and we offer products and services that allow our users to store and transact with their bitcoins. It is important to protect our business and our users from fraud and to prevent, detect, and report any activity where our services are being used for money laundering, terrorist financing and other illicit activities. Part of this requires that we identify and know who our customers are. 

So you are effectively confirming that you gather information about your clients and give it out to CIA/NSA/whatever with the alleged purpose "to prevent, detect, and report", right?

Are you being funded by them?
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 04:28:52 AM

Good question tee-rex. Transaction fees are paid, Xapo simply covers the cost.

Cool thanks for the verification, i had never thought about it but good catch

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 04:30:45 AM

see i found out from them from the zebra faucet, i got like $2 from the faucet alone lol, to bad i dont see the card for people here in the usa yet but holding it there maybe they will change

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 04:32:33 AM

I'm not him (Mr. Xapo) but I decided to finally go through the verification step and it's easier than I thought. The site just asks you for your address, passport number, origin of passport, and date of birth. You don't have to submit any documents and the verification step is instant (or at least it seems to be). I still only have 50 bits which is only worth 1 cent and I'm pretty sure that's not enough to withdraw. Maybe the 1,000 uBTC bonus will come into my account now but if it doesn't then not to worry, as it's only 25 cents.

I was never asked for my SSN unlike some of the reports I've read. Perhaps that is because I'm not an American?

Honestly, I'm not interested in this service that much since I prefer to have control over my private keys and I don't think Xapo allows that but I can see myself using it for purchases if it becomes big in the future.

sweet thank you for sharing that on what the verification process entails, would be ironic if they made americans verify the accounts in such detail but cant send cards to them

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 04:34:39 AM

Our business is subject to regulation in various jurisdictions. As such, we have implemented anti-money laundering, or AML, policies and procedures designed to meet the applicable regulatory requirements. Information you provide is held in accordance with the terms of our Privacy Policy.

so all this sounds good and all of this things american goverment like as step in right direction, so please just tell me why cant we have cards shipped to american address

Xapo

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 02:27:39 PM

So you are effectively confirming that you gather information about your clients and give it out to CIA/NSA/whatever with the alleged purpose "to prevent, detect, and report", right?

You misinterpreted that. We do not share personal information of law abiding Xapo users with anyone, at all. This is a precautionary note. Read the entire sentence again and it will make more sense.

Xapo

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 02:32:01 PM

so all this sounds good and all of this things american goverment like as step in right direction, so please just tell me why cant we have cards shipped to american address
Our KYC process for Xapo differs from the regulatory restrictions that prevent us from sending the card to the USA. I've answered this a few times for you, and you know that we're doing everything in our power to solve this. Please read our FAQ: http://support.xapo.com/is-the-xapo-debit-card-available-in-every-country

tee-rex

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 02:32:06 PM

You misinterpreted that. We do not share personal information of law abiding Xapo users with anyone, at all. This is a precautionary note. Read the entire sentence again and it will make more sense.

Now you're trying to persuade me (and others) that I'm not on friendly terms with logic?

How are you going to "prevent, detect, and report any activity where our services are being used for money laundering, etc" if you don't gather and share personal info with the authorities in the first place?
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 12:24:35 AM

Our KYC process for Xapo differs from the regulatory restrictions that prevent us from sending the card to the USA. I've answered this a few times for you, and you know that we're doing everything in our power to solve this. Please read our FAQ: http://support.xapo.com/is-the-xapo-debit-card-available-in-every-country

LOL i know you have, i just keep asking till it comes out to the USA  Wink it is not a bad thing when i ask i just really want the card, i dont like the delays on my ANX mastercard

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 12:32:32 AM

Now you're trying to persuade me (and others) that I'm not on friendly terms with logic?

How are you going to "prevent, detect, and report any activity where our services are being used for money laundering, etc" if you don't gather and share personal info with the authorities in the first place?

LOL meow fire sauce alert

LavaWave

Activity: 686

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 02:16:35 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if this has already been said earlier (just to lazy to check tonight), but Xapo has big money behind them, who trust me have done their DD! One company in particular is Fortress Investment Group (FIG), who trade on the NYSE and have over 65+billion in managed assets! So NO they're not a scam!

░░  ░░░     ░░░▒▒░░░░
          ░▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▒░░░░    ░░▒░░░░
      ░▒▓▓░▒▓▓░░▓▓▓▒░▓▓▓▓▒     ░░▓▒░
     ░░░▒▒      ░░░ ░▒▓▓▓░░░▒▓▒  ░░▒░░
    ░▓▓░  ░░░░░       ░░ ░▒▓▓▓▓▓ ░▓▓▒░ 
    ░░░ ░░░░░░░          ░░▓▓▓▓▓ ░▒▒░░ 
   ░▒▓░  ░░░░░░            ░░░░░ ▒▓▓▒░
    ░▒▒░   ░░                   ▒░░░░
     ░░░ ░░░░░░              ░░▓▓▓▒░
        ░░░░░░░           ░▒▒▒░░▒░░
          ░░░░      ░░░░ ░▒▓▓▓▓░
          ░░░░░░  ░░▓▓▓▓▒░░▒▓▒░░
           ░░░░░  ░▒▓▓▓▓▓░
            ░░░░░░  ░▒▓▒░░  ░░░
             ░░░░░░░      ░░░
               ░░░░░░░░░░░░░
                   ░░  ░░
  COSS.IO
Crypto One Stop Solution
▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚

▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚

▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚

▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚
..⧉ Multi-Wallet  ⧉ Exchange   ⧉ Merchant Platform
       COSS Token - An ERC20 based Token - revenue generating cryptocurrency     
▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚

▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚

▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚

▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚
..  ICO Details   
Whitepaper         ANN
▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚

▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚

▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚

▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 02:02:44 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if this has already been said earlier (just to lazy to check tonight), but Xapo has big money behind them, who trust me have done their DD! One company in particular is Fortress Investment Group (FIG), who trade on the NYSE and have over 65+billion in managed assets! So NO they're not a scam!

Yeah i think i had seen Xapos mentioned on some webpage for forbes 500 or some other financial publication, but they had pretty much said something about raising like $40 million or something like that

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 12:14:34 AM

im pretty sure above post is correct i am schocked no one can back it up or say other wise if i read wrong lol

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2015, 12:50:51 AM

WOW really went dead in this forum lol i guess people dont want to share ongoing experience or noone to try it anymore  Cry

Xapo

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2015, 05:22:50 PM

WOW really went dead in this forum lol i guess people dont want to share ongoing experience or noone to try it anymore  Cry
There is another thread for Xapo Service Discussion here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=902526.0
Please direct any comments about our products there.

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 02:18:36 AM

There is another thread for Xapo Service Discussion here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=902526.0

thank you for this information. I will go there from now on to get better information on this product

AshCoiner

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 01:23:36 AM

because with the full wallet you cant go to like walmart and buy stuff or cant go rent a hotel room right on the spot. I dont want to have to like hey wife lets go on a trip i will sell some bitcoin to coinbase and wait 3-5 days for coinbase to send me money to bank account lol. I want fast transactions and real time use like a normal credit / debit card  Grin

While it's not as convenient as a debit card, you may want to check this out.  https://www.gyft.com/bitcoin/   Gyft sells you gift cards to various stores for Bitcoin.
funtotry

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 01:31:39 AM

Watching a CSGO game currently and xapo is actually sponsoring one of the finalist teams. I don't think a scam would sponsor a pro csgo team lol

AshCoiner

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 01:45:02 AM

David from Xapo &/or anyone who can answer this:

In doing my due diligence and checking out the feedback on Xapo first, I'm seeing that it seems to be a favored wallet for Faucets.  Some, like Moon Bitcoin, make direct deposits to Xapo wallet while those with other wallets have to wait until collection day.  I'm curious.  Why is this? 

link for moon bitcoin is http://www.moonbit.co.in/
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2015, 07:21:37 AM

In doing my due diligence and checking out the feedback on Xapo first, I'm seeing that it seems to be a favored wallet for Faucets.  Some, like Moon Bitcoin, make direct deposits to Xapo wallet while those with other wallets have to wait until collection day.  I'm curious.  Why is this? 

It would be wise to ask this in their service thread.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
        ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
        ▄▀▀▄      █
        █   ▀▄     █
      ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
     ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
   ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
 ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
AshCoiner

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 03:02:16 PM

It would be wise to ask this in their service thread.

Awesome.  I will.  Thank you!   Grin
AshCoiner

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 01:07:29 AM

I did ask for help and was assisted soon there after via email.  While she's been very helpful, I question one thing she's asked me to do to verify my info.  She wants me to remove my adblocker and antivirus software to for it to work.  Is that normal? I'm not really comfortable with running my computer without ad-blockers and definitely not without anti-virus.  Is turning off that software just for the verification process or for the life of the Xapo wallet?  This advise seems a tad fishy to me.  Can any techies speak to the veracity of this advice?
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 06:54:32 AM

I did ask for help and was assisted soon there after via email.  While she's been very helpful, I question one thing she's asked me to do to verify my info.  She wants me to remove my adblocker and antivirus software to for it to work.  Is that normal? I'm not really comfortable with running my computer without ad-blockers and definitely not without anti-virus.  Is turning off that software just for the verification process or for the life of the Xapo wallet?  This advise seems a tad fishy to me.  Can any techies speak to the veracity of this advice?
That seems very very fishy. Are you 100% sure that this email is from Xapo? I didn't had to do any of that stuff to get verified.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
        ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
        ▄▀▀▄      █
        █   ▀▄     █
      ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
     ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
   ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
 ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
Xapo

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 04:54:35 PM

It's very normal to require temporary disabling of adblockers, so third party API's can communicate with you, in this case, the Google Maps API. I'm happy to answer any questions you have related to Xapo to confirm our legitimacy.

sinisuba

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 04:56:58 PM

It's very normal to require temporary disabling of adblockers, so third party API's can communicate with you, in this case, the Google Maps API. I'm happy to answer any questions you have related to Xapo to confirm our legitimacy.

2 weeks is the longest period to receive the funds from CEVO, right?

Xapo

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 04:58:40 PM

2 weeks is the longest period to receive the funds from CEVO, right?
I'm not totally clear on your question. You sure this isn't something to ask CEVO?

suzan1919

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 11:14:21 AM

I totally agree, they ask too many personal info that made me suspicious.

The whole idea about crypto currencies is total freedom and decentralization. Xapo is trying to impose its roles that basicly revokes the freedom of the BTC holder.

Also, I read a complain from an Xapo user who says that they prevented him access to his bitcoins before he verifies his ID! (Chek Here : https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2mgyxj/xapo_does_not_allow_me_to_take_my_bitcoins/ )

Personally I found Blockchain is the most reasonable online wallet.
strangerdanger101

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 12:40:27 PM

Works better if you use the phone app thats just my experience I just sent .005 from my phone all faucet earnings no issues.

What has it got in its pocketses precious? BTC: 1KctJNLwzFK8qJPsSwDrQRNxxKnVCrZm93
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2015, 02:11:52 PM

Still haven't tested my Xapo debit card, but a different card from the same issuing bank works without a hitch. Not sure about delays and fees though, will get back to you all on that.
sinisuba

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 02:32:03 PM

Haven't received $1 after 4 weeks.

Sabbirahmadshm

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 03:17:00 PM

Xapo Doesn't Give Good service. Though Its Security is high but Their Service Is too bad.I stuck there for 1 month.i tried and tried for cashout and finally I Got Pay. By This i left Xapo WaLLET. You should Try and Wish u that u can cashout..
dsyahputera

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 01:47:21 PM

Xapo Doesn't Give Good service. Though Its Security is high but Their Service Is too bad.I stuck there for 1 month.i tried and tried for cashout and finally I Got Pay. By This i left Xapo WaLLET. You should Try and Wish u that u can cashout..
Cash out for what? What do you mean?
TomasXAPOReview

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 03:18:13 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2015, 04:07:10 PM by TomasXAPOReview

Is XAPO legit? I'm not sure yet. Wanted to review their debit card aswell as their service. Transfered around 0.60 BTC to my "XAPO Vault". But to order a debit card the coins have to be sent to the "Personal wallet", and not the vault. So I did an internal transfer between my Vault and Personal wallet which is supposed to take 48 hours. 48 hours is a bit too much if you ask me. Especially if it's just swapping between two of my wallets that's on my account (i.e NOT withdrawing).

But now. 4 days (!) later it's still "Processing". How can this process even take more than 24 hours (or 5 min)? No response from the support at all even tho I've sent 2-3 messages regarding this. Will keep you guys updated. Be careful.

Edit: Received to my "personal wallet", with some extra as an apology. Not sure what to do now after my first impression is quite bad. Do they deliver their debit cards as promised or not? Anyone here with experience?
Got a pretty reasonable explanation on why this takes some time tho:
Although you are correct in saying that it is an internal process, it is an internal process that is done completely offline, but als