Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:02:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: coinbase wallet  (Read 565 times)
Dalida (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 07:07:27 AM

If i was to buy to bitcoin/ether on coinbase mobile applicaton, then I assume the currencies are automatically stored in coinbase/ether wallet; if they are is this safe ? I was considering to use exodus instead, but to be honest I'm a little confused of that to do exactly ? I would appreciate some advice, many thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Nagadota

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

ClaimWithMe - the most paying faucet of all times!

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2017, 08:51:22 AM

Moving between your own wallets involves the exact same process of moving from your wallet to someone else's wallet.  All you have to do is get an address to receive to from your Exodus wallet then copy and paste it into Coinbase (or scan a QR code if it's on a different computer) then hit send.  It should happen instantly, and you do it separately for Bitcoin and for Ether.

lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 09:00:38 AM

I will advise you to transfer to some other wallet, just to be safe (bitcoin network is crowded so you may need to wait + to pay higher fee) and it might not be good for you when you will want to sell your coins fast.

But just do a google search of MtGox and Cryptsy and you will see why it is not advised to keep your coins on the exchanges as they can get hacked or they can freeze your bitcoins. Exodus should be good, never used them but they tend to keep your private keys on your device witch is great as only you have the access to your coins.

And just a reminder, dunno if you plan to but if you want to use your bitcoins for some shady things better don't, as coinbase follow where you send bitcoins and if they conclude that you was dealing something shady they will close your account.
HeroC
Legendary

Activity: 858
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 07:15:44 PM

Depends on your use case. Coinbase has locked accounts before because of suspected illegal activities (they operate inside US jurisdiction). If you aren't doing anything high-profile or dangerous you will probably be fine. However, if you are up to it, a wallet like Electrum may be better suited. Exchanges can fall and you could loose coins, which is why most people say to keep it in addresses you control.
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 11:55:11 PM

Just a correction here, coinbase is not a wallet, it's an account you can't called a wallet if you can't even get and access it's privatekey/s.
And to your issue, you can follow what the first post said, get the receiving address of your exudos wallet and paste on coinbase then hit send. And you can actually do also if you are afraid, so send it first to your coinbase account just get one of your receiving address, then once you receive those btc on your coinbase account then its the time to send your btc again to your exodus, tho the time before receiving will differ of course and the tx fee will be included on that transaction so expect that tx fee will be subtracted to your btc.
SimmonenY

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 12:08:52 PM

I wouldn't recommend using  coinbase: it's not very safe and secure and I've never heard from support.
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 12:13:03 PM

If i was to buy to bitcoin/ether on coinbase mobile applicaton, then I assume the currencies are automatically stored in coinbase/ether wallet; if they are is this safe ? I was considering to use exodus instead, but to be honest I'm a little confused of that to do exactly ? I would appreciate some advice, many thanks

For being safe, you have to rely on Coinbase honesty since it's a web exchanges. Good thing they are registered company so somehow they are far from being fraud for now. If the concern is the only buying then I see no problem at all even Coinbase are facing lots of queries now. No doubt that buying ETH directly at Coinbase is one of the less hassle way. Just be sure to not violate any rules and terms.

Also don't use Coinbase for storage purposes as it wasn't recommended.
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 10:01:53 PM

If you ask me are coinbase safe? I probably would say that it's not compeletely safe. It's kind of like trusting someone to hold your money, i personally won't put my bitcoin on a centralized wallet i mean why do i have to store my bitcoin out there while there are many decentralized wallet out there with good spesification. You might store your coins out but i recommend you to not save all of your assets out there maybe small amount or something that you can afford to lose.
anonnep

Activity: 89
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 03:34:14 PM

coinbase freeze gambling money in wallet ?
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 03:37:06 PM

100% Safe Not!!! You can use as a wallet or their service which is good, but it is not recommended to leave the money in exchanges not only in coinbase but also in any other exchange!!!

coinbase freeze gambling money in wallet ?

Usually they do, but better stop gambling!!! Read their TOS and privacy policy! Any illegal activity could lead in account freeze and probably they will close your account!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: