Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:53:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you in favor of margin trading of BTC/LTC?  (Read 568 times)
Huobi-USD (OP)

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 11:20:18 AM

How many of you have used margin trading of bitcoin or litecoin? Do you think it's a better way to trade and earn profits?
Currently there are numerous exchanges offering margin trading. Some say it'll benefit traders to earn more money, while some point out that it's still immature and unreliable in bitcoin industry, and it'll harm the market development. Are you in favor of margin trading?

Huobi Secure and Trustworthy!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RustyNomad

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 11:26:22 AM

I do margin trading but not on BTC/LTC.

I have to agree that the markets are still to immature and unreliable and at present volumes are too low.

If you want to trade I would suggest that you trade the fx markets i.e. 'normal' currencies. Far larger volumes and much more mature and reliable. There are brokers who take deposits in btc and some who also allow withdrawals in bitcoins. Your account however will be based in one or other fiat currency.

In my opinion that gives you the best of both worlds as you are essentially sending bitcoin in and getting bitcoin out yet trade on better markets.
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 11:38:24 AM

How many of you have used margin trading of bitcoin or litecoin? Do you think it's a better way to trade and earn profits?
Currently there are numerous exchanges offering margin trading. Some say it'll benefit traders to earn more money, while some point out that it's still immature and unreliable in bitcoin industry, and it'll harm the market development. Are you in favor of margin trading?

I am not a trader so I don't trade at all and without any kind of money. But I know what is margin trading. Personally I am against every kind of margin trading because the probability to lose increases. Buying something without paying all the goods and for more without having the money for this is a very risky operation that personally I refuse to do. It is litecoin or it is bitcoin or something else it is the same for me. Don't do it.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 01:29:18 PM

The exchanges that provide it are making a whole lot of money off of the amateur margin traders.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 06:19:32 AM

The exchanges that provide it are making a whole lot of money off of the amateur margin traders.

Sure. the amatour traders have lost all their money used for this kind of trading. They don't pay all the money but part of those. And is that part that they lose making rich the exchanges. It is very simple equation.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: