Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:29:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] Crypto Reserve | The First Crypto-Platform with No Tx Fees  (Read 2776 times)
Najska (OP)

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 01:58:58 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2015, 10:26:04 AM by Najska

Update: www.cryptoreserve.org

Update: The details of the IPCO phases have completely been changed. The new offering will be announced on January 20, 2015 at www.cryptoreserve.org.

Update: FAQ added. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=890165.msg9880833#msg9880833

Crypto Reserve is the first crypto-platform to eliminate transaction fees in cryptocurrencies. With Crypto Reserve, users will be able to make transactions with user-generated crypto-assets without any fees involved. This feature will allow innumerable blockchain-based applications to be made in the most convenient way, placing Crypto Reserve among the most important novelties in the cryptocurrency world.

Overview

Many cryptocurrencies—or simply coins—have been following the path opened by bitcoin. Some of those coins are just copies of previously created ones, while some others bring extra features and improvements. With the advent of second generation coins, users may issue their own crypto-assets and make transactions with them in the decentralized platform supported by the underlying second generation coin. Consequences of this innovation are countless; users may even start decentralized companies based on such a crypto-platform.

While each day a new alternative to bitcoin comes into existence, genuine ideas that those alternative coins bring are very limited. Creators of those coins generally simply change the custom variables in an established coin and market their coin as a high yield investment program, with all cardinal issues left unsolved. One of the most important of those cardinal issues is that each transaction requires a fee. This fee is so small and even negligible if coins are transferred in order to transfer funds. However, when decentralized applications and other advanced features are concerned, the fee structure constitutes an important handicap.

For example, one may write a decentralized chess game using NXT crypto-platform, but then each move would require the transaction fee to be paid. Just to pick another example from many, if a user willing to trade a crypto-asset in the decentralized exchange of a crypto-platform wants to give a buy order, then a fee is cut. When they want to cancel that order, another fee is cut. This requirement is what brings inconvenience to the cryptocurrency world, and what blocks blockchain-based applications' acceptance. It is this essential issue that Crypto Reserve solves.

Crypto Reserve itself is not a coin; it is a platform to allow creation of new coins, crypto-assets, decentralized applications and anything that may be built with the blockchain technology.

Papillon

Crypto Reserve will be a clone of NXT with just one essential change that there is no obligatory transaction fee in Crypto Reserve. So, all the features offered by NXT will be offered by Crypto Reserve as well. NXT crypto-platform has an underlying coin named NXT. In Crypto Reserve, the name of the underlying second generation cryptocurrency is Papillon. There will be 10000 Papillon in existence, with four decimal points. Holders of Papillon will sustain the security of the platform, and keep the system alive.

Crypto Reserve will work with pure Proof of Stake transparent forging algorithm, and the initial distribution of Papillon will be made according to the presale that will be done in the NXT Asset Exchange. The number of the NXT-asset Papillon is 100 million, which corresponds to 10000 Papillon. The asset details will be announced at the IPCO.

The price and strength of Papillon will be determined by the applications built in Crypto Reserve. We believe that Crypto Reserve will make decentralized applications available to be created and used in the most convenient way that has ever achieved. Check “FOR ENTERPRENEURS” part below for an example.

Initial Public Coin Offering

There will be 10 phases of distribution in the first round of IPCO with a total duration of 65 days. About 65% of all Papillon-assets will be distributed in the first round. In each phase, a predetermined number of Papillon-assets will be distributed proportional to the funds sent to an announced bitcoin address during the announced period.

Phase 1: 20 January 2015 – 29 January 2015
Amount offered: 10,000,000

Phase 2: 30 January 2015 – 7 February 2015
Amount offered: 9,000,000

Phase 3: 8 February 2015 – 15 February 2015
Amount offered: 8,100,000

Phase 4: 16 February 2015 – 22 February 2015
Amount offered: 7,290,000

Phase 5: 23 February 2015 – 1 March 2015
Amount offered: 6,561,000

Phase 6: 2 March 2015 – 7 March 2015
Amount offered: 5,904,900

Phase 7: 8 March 2015 – 12 March 2015
Amount offered: 5,314,410

Phase 8: 13 March 2015 – 17 March 2015
Amount offered: 4,782,969

Phase 9: 18 March 2015 – 21 March 2015
Amount offered: 4,304,672

Phase 10: 22 March 2015 – 25 March 2015
Amount offered: 3,874,204

Why Crypto Reserve?

FOR INVESTORS: The value of Papillon will initially be determined by the demand since there is a fixed supply to be distributed in the IPCO. You will be able to see the total investment amount, and to calculate how much 1 Papillon-asset costs. We expect that value to be very low in the first place because of the high risk involved. If you think that there will ever be an application in Crypto Reserve (there have already been some initiatives), then it might be a wise decision to buy some Papillon.

Maybe the best thing with Papillon-asset is that we are heavily concerned with the financial stability of it. There are hundreds of coins whose price suffers from a steady decline to the very bottom. Actually, this is a risk that each coin inherently involves because they are deregulated in essence. This is why we take precautions to prevent Papillon's price from having sharp spikes or dips. So, please refer to us if you want to sell your Papillon-asset at a later time. We believe that in this way you will be able to sell them at a better price. We will do our best to keep the price as steady as possible.

FOR ENTERPRENEURS: Crypto Reserve will be the heaven of crypto-enterpreneurship. Do you have a coin idea? Then you may start your coin in Crypto Reserve. You cannot start your own coin in any other crypto-platform because every transaction would require a fee that has to be paid in the underlying coin. But in Crypto Reserve, your coin will be standalone and independent. You may start a PoW coin, too. And maybe the best thing is that the security of your coin will be provided by Crypto Reserve. This is a huge plus when you consider many newly created coins taken down by malicious attempts.

Other than new coins, all crypto-assets, decentralized applications and smart contracts will be much convenient to be created in Crypto Reserve. There have already been attempts to create such applications. For instance, KriptoTR is getting ready to be a Turkish bitcoin exchange and bank based on Crypto Reserve. If they issue a bitcoin asset backed by real bitcoins, it means that they will have already provided free and nearly instant off-chain transactions for bitcoin. So, if you have any such plan, keep in mind that buying Papillon is supporting Crypto Reserve.

FOR CRYPTOCOIN ENTHUSIASTS: While cryptocoin ecosystem is growing larger and larger with full speed nowadays, you may want to support this brilliant idea which will bring a new breath to the world of cryptocoins. Involve in the IPCO, don't miss to be a part of it!

FOR DEVELOPERS: If you find the idea any interesting, be assured that this idea welcomes and appreciates even the smallest help. We need help in creating and maintaining a wiki, a forum, and such stuff. Also, testers will be needed to test the platform. We would be more than happy to share some Papillon with you.

Bounty

Claim your Papillon-asset by sending me your NXT address if you are interested. This bounty will run until the beginning of the IPCO.

The Team

We are a dedicated team to realize the idea of a fee-free crypto-platform. I can share my personal information and details with the interested. Contact me via PM.

Acknowledgement

We owe a huge gratefulness to NXT team and community to make Crypto Reserve possible by their invaluable efforts. We share their vision and appreciate their work to the fullest extend.

Notes

• In calculations, all roundings are made to bottom.
  • All dates and times are in UTC.
  • For additional information, you may send a PM to me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cakir
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

★ BitClave ICO: 15/09/17 ★

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2014, 02:47:59 AM

Looks interesting, I might make investment on this coin.

Well, Actually I like to pay tx fees normally, but if there's no fees it's better of course...

,'#██+:                 
              ,█████████████'             
            +██████████████████           
          ;██████████████████████         
         ███████:         .███████`       
        ██████               ;█████'      
      `█████                   #████#     
      ████+                     `████+    
     ████:                        ████,   
    ████:    .#              █     ████   
   ;███+     ██             ███     ████  
   ████     ███'            ███.    '███, 
  +███     #████           ,████     ████ 
  ████     █████ .+██████: █████+    `███.
 ,███     ███████████████████████     ████
 ████     ███████████████████████'    :███
 ███:    +████████████████████████     ███`
 ███     █████████████████████████`    ███+
,███     ██████████████████████████    #███
'███    '██████████████████████████    ;███
#███    ███████████████████████████    ,███
████    ███████████████████████████.   .███
████    ███████████████████████████'   .███
+███    ███████████████████████████+   :███
:███    ███████████████████████████'   +███
 ███    ███████████████████████████.   ███#
 ███.   #██████████████████████████    ███,
 ████    █████████████████████████+   `███
 '███    '████████████████████████    ████
  ███;    ███████████████████████     ███;
  ████     #████████████████████     ████ 
   ███#     .██████████████████     `███+ 
   ████`      ;██████████████       ████  
    ████         '███████#.        ████.  
    .████                         █████   
     '████                       █████    
      #████'                    █████     
       +█████`                ██████      
        ,██████:           `███████       
          ████████#;,..:+████████.        
           ,███████████████████+          
             .███████████████;            
                `+███████#,               
Najska (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 01:41:37 PM

Well, Actually I like to pay tx fees normally, but if there's no fees it's better of course...
You may have some for free. Just PM me your NXT ID.

Najska (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:33:55 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2015, 11:27:49 PM by Najska

REPLIES TO FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

How can I buy Papillon?

Right now, neither the fee-free cryptocurrency Papillon nor the Papillon-asset in the NXT Asset Exchange is offered for sale. However, you may claim your free tokens by sending your NXT ID to me as a PM via this forum. The Papillon-asset will be available once the initial public coin offering is made on 20 January 2015 at www.cryptoreserve.org, where the bitcoin address to which to send coins will be announced.

How much a Papillon-asset will be worth?

The price will be completely determined by the demand. You may find the related information in the OP. About 65% of all Papillon-assets will be offered in the first round of the IPCO. That amount will be distributed to the angels in proportion to the intensity of how angel they are.

How do you achieve zero transaction fees?

Transaction fees are essentially needed to prevent blockchain bloating. If a central server prevents blockchain bloating by dynamically determining the allowed frequency of transactions coming from a single IP, then there will be no need for the fee structure. Simply put, this will be undertaken by an anti-bloating server application where even a malicious server cannot cheat. Therefore, the central server is not a central point of failure, since the system will work even if a malicious hacker compromises the anti-bloating server.

Thanks for your interest!

romawi

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 05:42:38 AM

Interesting concept. Please send me some also some for free. PM sent.

Najska (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 11:36:32 PM

Interesting concept. Please send me some also some for free. PM sent.
Sent.

valarmg

Activity: 237

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 03:44:35 PM

The website linked seems to redirect to localbitcoins.

What gives Papillon units value if there are no transaction fees? Can someone create and use a token on the platform without ever owning Papillon. If Papillon has no/little value, can't someone buy/control 50% easily and thus have control over the network. Who will run nodes? (Maybe some form of merged mining could be used where Nxt nodes could additionally forge the Papillion network?)

If it's free, won't the blockchain become extremely bloated if it gets heavily used. It seems that some built in pruning would be essential for a free service.

You didn't give any details of your ddos protection. Does that prevent millions of free transactions from being added to the blockchain as a form of attack?

Najska (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 11:34:45 PM

The website linked seems to redirect to localbitcoins.

What gives Papillon units value if there are no transaction fees? Can someone create and use a token on the platform without ever owning Papillon. If Papillon has no/little value, can't someone buy/control 50% easily and thus have control over the network. Who will run nodes? (Maybe some form of merged mining could be used where Nxt nodes could additionally forge the Papillion network?)

If it's free, won't the blockchain become extremely bloated if it gets heavily used. It seems that some built in pruning would be essential for a free service.

You didn't give any details of your ddos protection. Does that prevent millions of free transactions from being added to the blockchain as a form of attack?
Our website hasn't been launched yet. We are planning to launch on 20th of January, 2015.

Yes, users will be able to create and transfer their user-created crypto-assets without any need for holding Papillon. We believe that nodes will be run by those who are concerned themselves with the overall security of the platform. Just as it should be!

We are planning on such merged forging alternatives, for example, by using SuperNET.

Please check our FAQ for the blockchain bloating issue. We will have a semi-centralized or quasi-decentralized solution for that. There cannot be millions of free transactions from same IP in our platform.

You may send a PM or write here for any further detail.

Thank you

najzenmajsen

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 11:48:04 PM

hmmmm ,noo
quasimodo
Legendary

Activity: 2692
Merit: 1175

Reflinks und User die solche posten sind Scheisse

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 02:25:48 PM

Bounty

Claim your Papillon-asset by sending me your NXT address if you are interested. This bounty will run until the beginning of the IPCO.

If this offer is still valid, please send me a Papillon-asset to the NXT-adress in my signature. Thanks
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 03:08:08 PM

assuming you have solved the bloating bloating/spaming issue in a dectranlized way.

What incentive is there for forgers if they don't earn fees ? (inflation doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere, plz correct me if I'm wrong)

Najska (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 10:45:05 PM

assuming you have solved the bloating bloating/spaming issue in a dectranlized way.

What incentive is there for forgers if they don't earn fees ? (inflation doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere, plz correct me if I'm wrong)
Our anti-bloating application is a semi-centralized or, if you like, quasi-decentralized one. So, the platform will need a centralized server to prevent blockchain bloating, but this server will not be able to spam the system, or otherwise yield any inconvenience, even if it wants.

There is no incentive for forgers other than keeping the platform secure. Given that there will be organizations based on Crypto Reserve, it is natural to assume that those organizations will need no extra incentive. And with transparent forging, even a tiny portion of all users will be enough to keep the system secure enough.

Najska (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 10:46:44 PM

Bounty

If this offer is still valid, please send me a Papillon-asset to the NXT-adress in my signature. Thanks
This offer is valid until 20th of January, 2015. You will get your Papillon soon.

Najska (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 01:16:24 AM

Update: www.cryptoreserve.org

Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 01:30:47 AM

Shitcoin. 

The ground floor is still open folks.  Who do you think will supplant bitcoin?  Some clone piece of shit?  Cheesy

Join the revolution.  Join NXT.  The SuperNET is coming..  Cool
acarterczyz

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 01:50:22 AM

My NXT address is in my signature.  Roll Eyes
Najska (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 10:25:27 AM