Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:38:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HOW TO fund exchange accounts from US bank accounts??  (Read 904 times)
$1vEr.$urfer (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 03:40:15 AM

hi everybody

I am a bitcoin trader working on a relatively thin profit margin via the Localbitcoins website. My main (and biggest) problem at the moment is HOW to use my US bank accounts to fund one or more bitcoin exchanges so that i can BUY bitcoins there. I am not interested in selling bitcoins on the exchanges at all ... i prefer to do that via LocalBitcoins site.

I am hoping that somebody out there who is already successfully doing this will share exactly HOW they do this with the rest of us who would like to know how.
I know some very successful traders who are already doing this, but they refuse to give me any details on how they do it.

Perhaps i am just looking into a solid brick wall, and am failing to see an open gate which is just to the left or right of my periphery vision... ?

But this is my current view of the problem:
1. I have money in my US bank account(s) but see it as problematic to get some of that money into a bitcoin exchange due to the following reasons:
A. Assuming i find an exchange to which i can send money to at an acceptable cost i am afraid that the bank(s) will pick up my transfer as a transfer to a bitcoin exchange and will then close my bank account!
B. Even if i find a bank/exchange combination that gels together then there's the issue of conversion costs, i.e. the costs involved in getting say 1000 USD into my exchange account ... how much of that 1000 USD will actually reach my account?
Just as one example... btc-e.com allows for (international) wire transfers and Money Polo as a way of getting money into your btc-e account, but for each of these methods they take off 1% of the deposited amount! Notwithstanding that, the actual method of transfer (eg banks involved in transfer or Money Polo itself) will typically take about 3 to 4% of the transferred amount in fees!! So thats a total of between 4 and 5% of your money to be transferred that is GONE! So out of 1000 USD you probably wont get more than 950 USD arriving in your BTC-e account, with which you must now purchase coins.
Is this still profitable if there is only an approximate 5% margin for profit?  I dont see how... ??

I would GREATLY appreciate the opinions and especially the experiences of other TRADERS out there who face similar challenges? How do they make it work and still make a profit on selling bitcoins?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cyberpinoy

Activity: 1008
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2014, 03:43:45 AM

You may be able to find exchanges that accept Paypal or western union transactions then you can connect your bank to Paypal and buy them that way or send them directly from western union. I have a account all by itself for my bitcoin verified exchanges, one connected to nothing but all the exchanges so if a problem ever occurs and they may hack my account they get nothing but the minimum balance Smiley I advise everyone do that. If you are worried about the threat of banks closing your account dont use a market moving bank use a no name local bank that most likely is not worried about bitcoins.

$1vEr.$urfer (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 04:37:54 AM

thanks for that. i think i need to explore the PayPal option a bit further...
Unfortunately all the US bank accounts i have are ALL anti-bitcoin!
I've tried opening a credit union acount, but am finding it impossible due to their draconian requirements ito residence and ID requirements.
I have found only ONE credit union which is willing to accept non-residents, but then they are much stricter than the banks in that they wont accept a passport as sufficient ID but also require a SS No or a TAX no, which none of the banks required!
And then they (incorrectly) blame the Patriot Act, which is bullsh1t - it's their own stupid policy.

I feel very frustrated at the moment!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: