Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 02:28:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BLOCKCHAIN.INFO  (Read 2191 times)
ChineseSavior (OP)

Activity: 366
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 11:31:07 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2014, 06:06:54 PM by ChineseSavior

if you went to .com then thats not really blochchain. but imma assume its the .info

as for some people mentioning its secure, im not so sure.. i found this thread having a lot of peoples btc missing only w. blockchain info wallets.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2nkias/this_is_a_list_of_rbitcoin_users_who_had_their/

thats a whole list, and they all had their 2fa up, and everything.

yessur blockchain.info is scammaroo so far still no response all weeked (okay i guess noboody works weekends anymore lmfao) and gooing to email them again this evening hardy har har.

Whole thing is shifty to me at this point. Ill be lucky to get a chip back. maybe they will do sr2 repay who knows.?

whos to say it wasn't an inside job? Much more likely.....

Anytime I have had something stolen it has ALAWAYS been an inside job

it's even MORE suspicious they say nothing... No email (except 1 from "jade") and noo PSA's...

At the very least PSA saying we have been hacked we are working on solution please wait "x" time.

Or say hey boys yur never seeing your btc again..

saying nothing raises so many flags

I was lucky enough to salvage 0.46 bitcoin. no clue how but blockchain kept sending me coin even when my wallet said 0....... they still owe me like 0.36 but god bless jesus at least i got 0.46 back still NO CLUE how wallet said 0. Cheesy
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ChineseSavior (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 12:24:45 AM
Last edit: December 17, 2014, 06:46:58 AM by ChineseSavior

They email back and say it was malware on my comp that obtained private key...

Hello,

I've researched your situation and it was not related to the December 8th security error. You may have some type of malware on your computer that resulted in your funds being stolen, because your private information was somehow obtained. One of the most common types of these are browser extensions posing as bitcoin price tickers that are actually stealing your account information. There's also the possibility that you visited a phishing site posing as blockchain.info. Scammers send out phishing emails all the time posing as big named companies with the intention of stealing your login credentials. Using TOR to connect to your wallet could also result in a malicious exit node tricking your connection into appearing encrypted, but they are secretly stealing the information without you knowing.

By design, Blockchain.info never has access to users' accounts or bitcoins (more details here: https://blockchain.info/wallet/how-it-works). If you keep your password and private key backups secure, then your bitcoins are safe with blockchain.info. Since this information has been compromised, be sure to never use this wallet or addresses contained within it. I'd also highly advise against using the same password again. Sorry again that you had funds stolen from you. That certainly must be an extremely frustrating experience.
goosoodude

Activity: 584
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 08:26:30 AM

Hello,

I've researched your situation and it was not related to the December 8th security error. You may have some type of malware on your computer that resulted in your funds being stolen, because your private information was somehow obtained. One of the most common types of these are browser extensions posing as bitcoin price tickers that are actually stealing your account information. There's also the possibility that you visited a phishing site posing as blockchain.info. Scammers send out phishing emails all the time posing as big named companies with the intention of stealing your login credentials. Using TOR to connect to your wallet could also result in a malicious exit node tricking your connection into appearing encrypted, but they are secretly stealing the information without you knowing.

By design, Blockchain.info never has access to users' accounts or bitcoins (more details here: https://blockchain.info/wallet/how-it-works). If you keep your password and private key backups secure, then your bitcoins are safe with blockchain.info. Since this information has been compromised, be sure to never use this wallet or addresses contained within it. I'd also highly advise against using the same password again. Sorry again that you had funds stolen from you. That certainly must be an extremely frustrating experience.

Thats what I suspected. If you still want a different opinion, PM or post in johoe's thread with your address and let him check if yours was compromised due to the reused R value issue.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

CryptoGuu

Activity: 321

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 09:55:34 AM

Time to withdraw all funds from blockchain.info. Funds are no longer safe. A german guy lost 12k€ while using 2FA, VM. Support are closing tickets immediate.
goosoodude

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 02:40:14 PM

Time to withdraw all funds from blockchain.info. Funds are no longer safe. A german guy lost 12k€ while using 2FA, VM. Support are closing tickets immediate.

If there is malware, funds would be stolen even if you keep on your local computer.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

ChineseSavior (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 07:38:40 PM

Hello,

Thats what I suspected. If you still want a different opinion, PM or post in johoe's thread with your address and let him check if yours was compromised due to the reused R value issue.

can you link the thread please sir?
goosoodude

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 08:06:12 PM

Hello,

can you link the thread please sir?

Here is it https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=581411.0

Post there with your address, they can check it out. Blcockchain.info had sent mails to all whose private keys were compromised due to athe above error so if you havent received it its likely you didnt face that hack.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: