Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:25:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541858 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
edmundduke
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 03:29:56 PM

I was thinking of trying out that Windows 10 but once i saw the sht they added it became immediately obvious that its just a huge spybot. Even if you turn everything off, there are still parts of the privacy programs that will not be "off", at least this was told to me by a few guys who are win experts. So i am going to stick to win 7 as its actually a pretty decent platform.
P.S The buy support is pretty bib on BAY, seems someone doesnt want it to go lower than 49 sats.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptohunter2

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 06:34:18 PM

I was thinking of trying out that Windows 10 but once i saw the sht they added it became immediately obvious that its just a huge spybot. Even if you turn everything off, there are still parts of the privacy programs that will not be "off", at least this was told to me by a few guys who are win experts. So i am going to stick to win 7 as its actually a pretty decent platform.
P.S The buy support is pretty bib on BAY, seems someone doesnt want it to go lower than 49 sats.

Yes i've not been able to grab any up under 50 for ages. This seems the new bottom for grabbing any decent amount.

Also

1. is this http://www.davtonia.com/Blackhalo/bitbaybootstrap.zip the final one? and is that website owned by david or someone reliable?

2. POS2 is good... but there are some better options now. 1% inflation seems a little small to get people to keep the wallets open but if we wanted to keep with 1% how about we move to the POS other coins are using where that 1% is shared only to those staking. So like if only 1% of coins are being staked they will get 100% interest. No real harm in making it 2% really either is there?
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 07:33:11 PM

Yeah its unfortunate crysx, it looks like I will have to maybe consider uninstalling it after the Bitbay project and putting Windows 7 or Linux on it.

Now im sure windows 7 collects data but I can't imagine its anything as ridiculous as 10 which seems to only be created for spying on its users.

i have ONE windows 10 desktop for the less 'important' things like some wallets ...

but the info and data and main wallets are ALL stored in servers and systems that are ALL linux based ( redhat based - like scientific linux and centos for servers and fedora 23 for desktops ) - and are ALL encrypted ...

had i the coding talent as you ( im an awesome code tinkerer - i break things well ) - i would lock down the systems with linux based os and encrypted partitions ...

sound paranoid? ... read above Wink ...

#crysx

Actually I have a drive double encrypted with truecrypt. I dont use Tor anymore since its compromised, but if I did I would use Tails or a Linux system like you recommended. Although I think it can be done with Windows 7 actually. The whole thing really boils down to your IP address. Certainly there are devices you can use that can grab nearby wifi signals and use them for free internet.

Windows 10 just shows how far our freedoms are being violated. Its too much, the things running the world arent even really human i think.

Live i said in a previous post, the future of our privacy will lie in the hand of 3d printed electronics, which could be used to do a mesh network. I've got a slight interest in cellphone mesh networks as well.

You guys have to understand, I built Halo with your security and encryption in mind. Encrypted emails are end to end encrypted. And bitmessage is encrypted twice and your IP is well hidden since messages are passed around making original sender hard or perhaps impossible to find.
The accounts are hidden in images with individual passwords and signing can be asymmetric making hacking of your keys impossible.

Its a shame Tor is compromised... they must control enough of the exit nodes or something. (or so the rumor goes)
This is why Halo doesnt use Tor. In fact, combining Tor with bitcoin is a huge mistake since exit nodes can feed you false blockchain data and they can match up to your ip address.

i2p has also been a little interesting

But the only way to really get rid of your ip is mesh networks or perhaps leeching off of other wifi 3g and 4g systems.

On a sidenote, Truecrypt is not compromised although the creators were probably given a gag order as the hid a Latin message in their warning page. https://www.grahamcluley.com/2014/06/truecrypt-hidden-message/

The fact that they recommend a microsoft product in its place is down right insulting

Unless all of our encryption is somehow cracked using some crazy math and cryptoanalysis?! I don't know.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 07:41:03 PM

I should also mention, cisco routers supposedly have a chip in them that can be turned on to spy on anyone. This means all of the hardware we use might be compromised as well. Again making a great case for 3d printed electronics. Too bad technology isnt there yet. Maybe in another 10 years though.
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/05/photos-of-an-nsa-upgrade-factory-show-cisco-router-getting-implant/

Although it would be hard to take anything that Snowden says seriously... lol he worked for nsa so its probably a deliberate reveal. An nsa whistleblower would be like a virgin hooker... it simply cannot exist. Plus, ive heard him interviewed, its a complete joke on everyone to get them more fearful and security conscious.

dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 07:43:44 PM

Yes i've not been able to grab any up under 50 for ages. This seems the new bottom for grabbing any decent amount.

Also

1. is this http://www.davtonia.com/Blackhalo/bitbaybootstrap.zip the final one? and is that website owned by david or someone reliable?

2. POS2 is good... but there are some better options now. 1% inflation seems a little small to get people to keep the wallets open but if we wanted to keep with 1% how about we move to the POS other coins are using where that 1% is shared only to those staking. So like if only 1% of coins are being staked they will get 100% interest. No real harm in making it 2% really either is there?

1% is high in my opinion. High inflation doesn't really solve any problem except make our coins less valuable.
cryptohunter2

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 08:02:40 PM

Also

1% is high in my opinion. High inflation doesn't really solve any problem except make our coins less valuable.

I think with  posp it can stay at 1% but it encourages people to stake a lot more. I think that is a much better way of doing it.
Anyone looked into POSP?

Davtonia ? is this your website? the one with the bootstrap on?
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 08:24:27 PM

Also

I think with  posp it can stay at 1% but it encourages people to stake a lot more. I think that is a much better way of doing it.
Anyone looked into POSP?

Yeah it is.

Posp? I don't know if it really changes anything in the protocol. POS 3.0 is what we will be going to. I would prefer to do a proof of activity kind of thing but im not sure any coin has mastered that or not.
cryptohunter2

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 01:49:51 AM

Also

Anyone looked into POSP?

Yeah it is.

Posp? I don't know if it really changes anything in the protocol. POS 3.0 is what we will be going to. I would prefer to do a proof of activity kind of thing but im not sure any coin has mastered that or not.

Yeah i think it works like this

Say POS rate is 1% inflation

Thats if everyone is staking right?

POSP - cbx version. Say only 1% of wallets are staking they would get 100% interest. I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

POS3 - that's blackcoins one right that rat4 made? actually i think that does pretty much the same thing.

Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 02:37:38 AM

Bootstrap is now updated
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 04:48:26 AM

Also

Anyone looked into POSP?

Yeah it is.

Yeah i think it works like this

Say POS rate is 1% inflation

Thats if everyone is staking right?

POSP - cbx version. Say only 1% of wallets are staking they would get 100% interest. I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

POS3 - that's blackcoins one right that rat4 made? actually i think that does pretty much the same thing.

rat4s pos 3.0 requires you to stay connected to get your staking benefits, it does away with coin age.
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 05:15:27 AM

Yeah its unfortunate crysx, it looks like I will have to maybe consider uninstalling it after the Bitbay project and putting Windows 7 or Linux on it.

Now im sure windows 7 collects data but I can't imagine its anything as ridiculous as 10 which seems to only be created for spying on its users.

i have ONE windows 10 desktop for the less 'important' things like some wallets ...

but the info and data and main wallets are ALL stored in servers and systems that are ALL linux based ( redhat based - like scientific linux and centos for servers and fedora 23 for desktops ) - and are ALL encrypted ...

had i the coding talent as you ( im an awesome code tinkerer - i break things well ) - i would lock down the systems with linux based os and encrypted partitions ...

sound paranoid? ... read above Wink ...

#crysx

Actually I have a drive double encrypted with truecrypt. I dont use Tor anymore since its compromised, but if I did I would use Tails or a Linux system like you recommended. Although I think it can be done with Windows 7 actually. The whole thing really boils down to your IP address. Certainly there are devices you can use that can grab nearby wifi signals and use them for free internet.

Windows 10 just shows how far our freedoms are being violated. Its too much, the things running the world arent even really human i think.

Live i said in a previous post, the future of our privacy will lie in the hand of 3d printed electronics, which could be used to do a mesh network. I've got a slight interest in cellphone mesh networks as well.

You guys have to understand, I built Halo with your security and encryption in mind. Encrypted emails are end to end encrypted. And bitmessage is encrypted twice and your IP is well hidden since messages are passed around making original sender hard or perhaps impossible to find.
The accounts are hidden in images with individual passwords and signing can be asymmetric making hacking of your keys impossible.

Its a shame Tor is compromised... they must control enough of the exit nodes or something. (or so the rumor goes)
This is why Halo doesnt use Tor. In fact, combining Tor with bitcoin is a huge mistake since exit nodes can feed you false blockchain data and they can match up to your ip address.

i2p has also been a little interesting

But the only way to really get rid of your ip is mesh networks or perhaps leeching off of other wifi 3g and 4g systems.

On a sidenote, Truecrypt is not compromised although the creators were probably given a gag order as the hid a Latin message in their warning page. https://www.grahamcluley.com/2014/06/truecrypt-hidden-message/

The fact that they recommend a microsoft product in its place is down right insulting

Unless all of our encryption is somehow cracked using some crazy math and cryptoanalysis?! I don't know.

first - if anyone thinks that ANY windows is secure ... they have been misinformed from the get go ... people who actually READ the licenses that they agree to when installing / have installed any wondows operating system can attest to that ...

second - if privacy was really a major concern - the nsa would not be as open as they are about knowing ( and collecting ) information from ( and about ) EVERYONE ...

btw - doesnt nsa stand for no strings attached? ... or is that for adult sites only Wink ...

either way - we all get fu... errr - violated in the end ( yes - a pun indeed ) ...

the lesser of two evils are our choice - not 'no evil at all' ... that would actually be a nice choice ...

#crysx

dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 08:54:08 AM

btw - doesnt nsa stand for no strings attached? ... or is that for adult sites only Wink ...
#crysx

It stands for "No such Agency"

and NASA stands for "No astronauts should apply" and "Never a straight answer" and "No actual space exploration"

and CIA stands for " Corrupt Imperialist Assholes" and also "Cocaine importation agency"

FBI stands for "Fake beyond imagination"

IRS is "I rape suckers"

FEMA stands for "Future Eradication Management Agenda"

Let me know if you guys know any other ones Cheesy
dmz241

Activity: 519
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 05:04:36 AM

The problem is I have to live with this shit. My pc doesnt support anything below windows 10 too many drivers issues. Then I cant turn to linux as I need freaking internet explorer 7 lol dont ask why I just need it due to some stupid requirements.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 08:40:33 AM

The problem is I have to live with this shit. My pc doesnt support anything below windows 10 too many drivers issues. Then I cant turn to linux as I need freaking internet explorer 7 lol dont ask why I just need it due to some stupid requirements.

Installing Linux and then using Windows on VirtualBox could be an option if you're not into playing games.
cryptohunter2

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 03:53:14 PM

If you had to give a worst case time for the pegging David ....what kind of date would we be looking at?

Also if we had issues with certain exchanges adding our pegging software in the new wallet would it not just be possible to create our own exchange with BAY and a few top level coins?

Obviously if we can get enough volume before then the exchanges will have to add us anyway.
pugilist555

Activity: 474
Merit: 261

GBM

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 07:02:04 PM

Hey David

What are the upcoming developments and their timeline. Would be good if we look forward to whats next. Sorry if this has been mentioned before.

Blockchain technology
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 09:53:59 PM

Hey David

What are the upcoming developments and their timeline. Would be good if we look forward to whats next. Sorry if this has been mentioned before.

Sure so here is the timeline:
New patches and Mac and Linux updates (coming very soon)
Buy/Sell Anything Template
Employ/Find Job Template
Barter Template
Python Contracts Template
Staking in client/Completion of Halo Alpha
NT exchange beta
Pegging
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 09:56:46 PM

If you had to give a worst case time for the pegging David ....what kind of date would we be looking at?

Also if we had issues with certain exchanges adding our pegging software in the new wallet would it not just be possible to create our own exchange with BAY and a few top level coins?

Obviously if we can get enough volume before then the exchanges will have to add us anyway.

I'm trying to get everything done this year, because I can't really move on until I do plus it will be very rewarding when its all done.

And I'm already working on a decentralized exchange in Blackcoin called NightTrader... the only reason that won't be the primary exchange is since its decentralized trades won't be as fast since it microtrades.
blacktea286

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 08:24:47 AM

no any
piebeyb
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1038

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 09:38:59 AM

I became part of this thread, at least i always get the news about the future of Bitbay in my bag, cheers

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: