Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:38:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541858 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 02:07:54 PM

What about this exchange https://www.yuanbaohui.com/ ?

Not many western coins and large volumes on all coins?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 02:50:43 PM

Can we get on it?
wosch76
Legendary

Activity: 942
Merit: 1026

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 03:14:20 PM

Can we get on it?
if here's someone who's speaking chinese maybe

but I would prefer BTC38.
they have more and better trading pairs and at least seem to speak english as well

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
edmundduke
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 05:05:27 PM

Seems there was quite a huge sell on Bittrex today, someone is looking to drop their bag but the buy support is still holding. The positive side is that there are constant trades so at least Bittrex wont think about delisting the coin. It would be huge if it came out this year, i know the year still started and a lot of work is yet to be done but still. We would get a really nice marketplace and teh BAY we hold would most likely gain quite a lot of value Smiley
cryptohunter2

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 12:38:45 AM

If you had to give a worst case time for the pegging David ....what kind of date would we be looking at?

Also if we had issues with certain exchanges adding our pegging software in the new wallet would it not just be possible to create our own exchange with BAY and a few top level coins?

Obviously if we can get enough volume before then the exchanges will have to add us anyway.

I'm trying to get everything done this year, because I can't really move on until I do plus it will be very rewarding when its all done.

And I'm already working on a decentralized exchange in Blackcoin called NightTrader... the only reason that won't be the primary exchange is since its decentralized trades won't be as fast since it microtrades.

Wow to get completed with NT and pegging would be pretty huge for BAY. Look forward to it..
cryptohunter2

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 12:40:51 AM

Can we get on it?
if here's someone who's speaking chinese maybe

but I would prefer BTC38.
they have more and better trading pairs and at least seem to speak english as well

Yes BTC38 would be a big score but the other one is cool too.
Polo would be excellent
btce - only after pegging I guess.

Do we have any chinese speaking friends of BAY?
3r197

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 01:04:16 AM

Seems there was quite a huge sell on Bittrex today, someone is looking to drop their bag but the buy support is still holding. The positive side is that there are constant trades so at least Bittrex wont think about delisting the coin. It would be huge if it came out this year, i know the year still started and a lot of work is yet to be done but still. We would get a really nice marketplace and teh BAY we hold would most likely gain quite a lot of value Smiley

Yea, I wish I had some of those buy orders in place. Missed out on some cheap Bay. I might add some now in case he's still not out of coins.
cryptohunter2

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 01:11:45 AM

Yea, I wish I had some of those buy orders in place. Missed out on some cheap Bay. I might add some now in case he's still not out of coins.

Not too many were sold. I grabbed a few - perhaps a little over 1 million 50 ish down to 34 isn't what i call a huge sell off but was still nice to catch a few cheap coins extra Smiley we need greater volume exchanges so we can really grab up a big bunch of coins at the right times.
cryptohunter2

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 01:57:28 AM

bitbay always has quite a few active connections which is good....the only thing is it takes forever to sync for some reason for the first time

I have told a few people to download the wallet and even when i had plenty of active nodes showing in my wallet they can't start to sync up for perhaps 45 mins??

what is causing this and how to fix?
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 02:45:50 AM

bitbay always has quite a few active connections which is good....the only thing is it takes forever to sync for some reason for the first time

I have told a few people to download the wallet and even when i had plenty of active nodes showing in my wallet they can't start to sync up for perhaps 45 mins??

To be honest, I'm not sure, I've got to reproduce this on one of my computers. The fix might be that I change the seed nodes and see if that fixes it... it might just be a little bit of trial and error.
cryptohunter2

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 02:33:08 PM

To be honest, I'm not sure, I've got to reproduce this on one of my computers. The fix might be that I change the seed nodes and see if that fixes it... it might just be a little bit of trial and error.

oh okay thanks david Smiley
Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 03:07:27 PM

@cryptohunter
For fast syncing this is a possible alternative:

http://cryptochainer.com/dir/

For maximum security I would still do it the slow traditional way, but just for testing that's a very good alternative
3r197

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 12:41:28 PM

@cryptohunter

For maximum security I would still do it the slow traditional way, but just for testing that's a very good alternative

Cool!
Thanks for the link. Didn't know they had something like that out. Great idea.
cryptohunter2

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 05:57:33 PM

@cryptohunter

thanks Smiley

actually i put bay on another machine and with 15 mins to sync then using the bootstrap i was up and running in no time.
pugilist555

Activity: 474
Merit: 261

GBM

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 03:16:38 PM

Hey David

What are the upcoming developments and their timeline. Would be good if we look forward to whats next. Sorry if this has been mentioned before.

Sure so here is the timeline:
New patches and Mac and Linux updates (coming very soon)
Buy/Sell Anything Template
Employ/Find Job Template
Barter Template
Python Contracts Template
Staking in client/Completion of Halo Alpha
NT exchange beta
Pegging

That's great. Thank you for the update.

Blockchain technology
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 02:07:15 AM

Everyone I tell about BAY and smart contracts is asking me know why we need it if etherium has smart contracts?

The smart contracts we have work differently too don't they?

I told them the main feature is the pegging so people can use BAY as a stable currency so they don't have to worry about the huge swings and will know what returns they are getting for items sold. This is obviously very useful for business.

dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 06:22:08 AM

Everyone I tell about BAY and smart contracts is asking me know why we need it if etherium has smart contracts?

I told them the main feature is the pegging so people can use BAY as a stable currency so they don't have to worry about the huge swings and will know what returns they are getting for items sold. This is obviously very useful for business.

Etherium isn't any better. They are trying to store computer code on the blockchain which is too much bloat. I think Lisk has a better idea subcontracting that to side chains.

And lets say you are right, Etherium has fancy code. So how can that prevent me from lying to them or stealing from them?!

The smart contracts we do are double deposit escrow. Heres the example...

In Etherium Bob and Alice make a contract that Bob will pay 10 Eth for Alices guitar. And the contract says it will do it on the condition that they
get some special hash from a shipping website proving the item was shipped.

So wow! They can prove it was shipped and release the funds. But just because something is shipped doesn't make that what you ORDERED. What if Alice lies and sends a box filled with rocks??? Now Bob is forced to pay for something he didn't want and there is nothing he can do because Eth thinks its legitimate.

Computers are extremely easy to lie to. Even with prediction markets, they would have to pull from many different new feeds and broadcast that, this requires human intelligence. What if the news feed is taken out of context? They want to know if "John Smith" will die within 2 years. What if there is an article that says "John Smith died of laughter at the superbowl when he saw the half time show."  Will Etherium think hes dead?

What if there are 1000s of people with the name John Smith?

The only way to prevent the shipping scam with the box of rocks is to use DEPOSITS. If Etherium wants to protect consumers, their smart contracts must be Halo contracts anyways.

What if Bob/Alice want to trade Gold for Silver? How will Etherium know about the real world deliverable?

What if Bob/Alice want to wire money from one country to another? How will Etherium know if the money was sent with the correct amount?

What if Bob wants to hire Alice to mow his lawn? How will Etherium know he did that and how will it know he did a good job?

It wont! The only way to do trustless contracting is with deposits even in Etherium!!

I'm not saying Etherium isnt good for some things. Perhaps they have certain derivative applications, it would be wonderful for a pyramid pay contract, it would be great for business accounts that pay dividends, for businesses that need voting and different classes of shares.

So sure, its useful for some things but the applications we have in Bitbay we are using the perfect contract and i highly doubt you can improve this protocol.

If anything Etherium is extremely bloated, Bitcoin was having 24 hour delays on confirmations and they only send normal transactions. Imagine how much Etherium will grind to a halt if they let people store complex computer code!!

And what about infinite loops or bugs in the contracts? They can't even be sure its secure code, the Frontier site warns that its experimental.

Also you should tell them Bay and Halo have had smart contracts tested and working for years and we have a user interface that they can use with decentralized markets and everything. Just because Etherium has a protocol where is the software that does what Halo does? Do they realize it will take a person years to code what we have done here? Trust me, there will not be smart contracting software like this for at least another 2-3 years.

Also, what you told them is right, they won't have to worry about price swings. There was a famous economist who said long before bitcoin that the future currency will be an electronic one with the ability to control its own supply
rqdxrocket

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 10:34:24 AM

Etherium isn't any better. They are trying to store computer code on the blockchain which is too much bloat. I think Lisk has a better idea subcontracting that to side chains.

And lets say you are right, Etherium has fancy code. So how can that prevent me from lying to them or stealing from them?!

The smart contracts we do are double deposit escrow. Heres the example...

In Etherium Bob and Alice make a contract that Bob will pay 10 Eth for Alices guitar. And the contract says it will do it on the condition that they
get some special hash from a shipping website proving the item was shipped.

So wow! They can prove it was shipped and release the funds. But just because something is shipped doesn't make that what you ORDERED. What if Alice lies and sends a box filled with rocks??? Now Bob is forced to pay for something he didn't want and there is nothing he can do because Eth thinks its legitimate.

Computers are extremely easy to lie to. Even with prediction markets, they would have to pull from many different new feeds and broadcast that, this requires human intelligence. What if the news feed is taken out of context? They want to know if "John Smith" will die within 2 years. What if there is an article that says "John Smith died of laughter at the superbowl when he saw the half time show."  Will Etherium think hes dead?

What if there are 1000s of people with the name John Smith?

The only way to prevent the shipping scam with the box of rocks is to use DEPOSITS. If Etherium wants to protect consumers, their smart contracts must be Halo contracts anyways.

What if Bob/Alice want to trade Gold for Silver? How will Etherium know about the real world deliverable?

What if Bob/Alice want to wire money from one country to another? How will Etherium know if the money was sent with the correct amount?

What if Bob wants to hire Alice to mow his lawn? How will Etherium know he did that and how will it know he did a good job?

It wont! The only way to do trustless contracting is with deposits even in Etherium!!

I'm not saying Etherium isnt good for some things. Perhaps they have certain derivative applications, it would be wonderful for a pyramid pay contract, it would be great for business accounts that pay dividends, for businesses that need voting and different classes of shares.

So sure, its useful for some things but the applications we have in Bitbay we are using the perfect contract and i highly doubt you can improve this protocol.

If anything Etherium is extremely bloated, Bitcoin was having 24 hour delays on confirmations and they only send normal transactions. Imagine how much Etherium will grind to a halt if they let people store complex computer code!!

And what about infinite loops or bugs in the contracts? They can't even be sure its secure code, the Frontier site warns that its experimental.

Also you should tell them Bay and Halo have had smart contracts tested and working for years and we have a user interface that they can use with decentralized markets and everything. Just because Etherium has a protocol where is the software that does what Halo does? Do they realize it will take a person years to code what we have done here? Trust me, there will not be smart contracting software like this for at least another 2-3 years.

Also, what you told them is right, they won't have to worry about price swings. There was a famous economist who said long before bitcoin that the future currency will be an electronic one with the ability to control its own supply

Thumbs Up David
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 11:10:31 AM

I think there is an important point here to also mention

Halo is a protocol in game theory... if anything it has less to do with crypto. You can do a Halo DDE contract with a Safe with two locks and dynamite and cash inside from two parties and a timer on the safe.

Etherium is a blockchain language like bitcoin

you can do Halo on any blockchain because its a method

Bitbay is software that runs that coin agnostic protocol and Decentralized Markets, soon will control its own supply
BitHalo and BlackHalo also do that but they dont control their supply, they just run Halo p2p software

So I could easily make an Etherium Halo or Ethalo

So the core difference between bitbay and etherium?

Etherium is a decentralized application system that will eventually have to centralize to survive because of bloat

Bitbay is a Blackcoin 3.0 clone that is more scalable since its not storing apps  and it can control its own supply

The economists said the future of money is a coin that can control its own supply. Etherium does not do this making it not as viable for a stable currency

So Etherium is a decentralized application distribute platform and an expensive one at that (gas fees will get to be unbearable in the same way bitcoin fees are now unbearable for low priced items)

Bitcoin is more of a currency than Etherium although Etherium has more complex ways to interact with that money, its rules are different based on each application. It doesn't control its own supply like Bitbay, so that is a huge advantage for us.

Perhaps the biggest thing we need and dont have is popularity... that we need marketing. The idea can be good but people need to know it exists.
3r197

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 01:36:26 PM

Loving this new volume/interest in crypto. Bittrex and Polo are loaded up! Bittrex in particular has spiked up massively over the last week or two.

Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: