Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:18:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 [371] 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541852 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 08:31:09 AM

I agree it's especially frustrating. However we are on a tight margin and sort of depending on Latoken to follow through. However they have been responsive so we hope it's resolved shortly.

Yes me too, just that I have seen many bad exchanges do this exact same bit before they disappear in the wind with our money. That's why I'm worried... Sad

Yeah it's unfortunately something we are always concerned about. Out of 4 exchanges we tried to list, 3 stole our listing fees. I suppose then if we don't have millions to gamble on the top 10 exchanges in liquidity we probably are better off aiding platforms or even something in house. Either way we should look for large scale liquidity providers/angles.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
raisinbran

Activity: 64
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 09:33:58 AM

One difference with LAToken is that they have invested a fair amount of sweat equity; they got skin in the game.
LuckyLeprachaun

Activity: 470
Merit: 251

Bitbay is the Future!!!

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 03:59:39 PM

One difference with LAToken is that they have invested a fair amount of sweat equity; they got skin in the game.

What you mean exactly? They invested in Bitbay? and how do you know what they have invested in?

Nighttrader invite code: 2PJbGxt95Dz7JKU2N8oudyAJ1Tzs
raisinbran

View Profile
April 22, 2020, 09:08:55 PM

What you mean exactly? They invested in Bitbay? and how do you know what they have invested in?

The term "sweat equity" means work that is performed at a discounted pay rate (perhaps even zero) in exchange for a share in potential future profits of a business. A typical high tech start-up has founders and employees. The unpaid work that the founders put in formulating the idea, performing market research, finding a viable niche, doing initial product development, drawing up everything they need to approach vulture capital (think Shark Tank) then doing the VC rounds is considered sweat equity. When they get funding they hire coders that work at a lower rate than usual in exchange for stock options, another form of sweat equity.

I believe it was Shorn who said we have a hard time convincing exchanges to carry BAY because the work necessary to integrate the dynamic peg is several times the amount of work required to integrate most other coins. We paid the up-front integration fee to four exchanges. Three of them accepted the payment and gave us ample reassurances that they would perform the integration. Once they started actual coding, however, they soon realized they really weren't up for all that hard work (poor babies) so they started doing the BS boogie then vanished into the wind. This is the type of situation that LuckyLeprachaun is understandably concerned with.

But LAToken is in the processs of actually performing the agreed upon integration. Our coders say they have been consistently asking detailed questions. And their code seems to actually work correctly (for the most part). LAToken has invested a considerable amount of capable coder hours, so they are definitely motivated to see it through to payoff.

I spoke to Latoken and they assure me that the problem should be resolved in a few days. Let's hope   Undecided

Go to YouTube and search for: latoken davos

LAToken presented the 2019 Blockchain Economic Forum in Davos. Check out the credentials of the speakers. LAToken doesn't have a virtual server on Bluehost. They know the business side. That's why they can grasp the potential of BitBay.
LuckyLeprachaun

Bitbay is the Future!!!

View Profile
April 23, 2020, 01:14:27 PM

The term "sweat equity" means work that is performed at a discounted pay rate (perhaps even zero) in exchange for a share in potential future profits of a business. A typical high tech start-up has founders and employees. The unpaid work that the founders put in formulating the idea, performing market research, finding a viable niche, doing initial product development, drawing up everything they need to approach vulture capital (think Shark Tank) then doing the VC rounds is considered sweat equity. When they get funding they hire coders that work at a lower rate than usual in exchange for stock options, another form of sweat equity.

I believe it was Shorn who said we have a hard time convincing exchanges to carry BAY because the work necessary to integrate the dynamic peg is several times the amount of work required to integrate most other coins. We paid the up-front integration fee to four exchanges. Three of them accepted the payment and gave us ample reassurances that they would perform the integration. Once they started actual coding, however, they soon realized they really weren't up for all that hard work (poor babies) so they started doing the BS boogie then vanished into the wind. This is the type of situation that LuckyLeprachaun is understandably concerned with.

But LAToken is in the processs of actually performing the agreed upon integration. Our coders say they have been consistently asking detailed questions. And their code seems to actually work correctly (for the most part). LAToken has invested a considerable amount of capable coder hours, so they are definitely motivated to see it through to payoff.

Go to YouTube and search for: latoken davos

LAToken presented the 2019 Blockchain Economic Forum in Davos. Check out the credentials of the speakers. LAToken doesn't have a virtual server on Bluehost. They know the business side. That's why they can grasp the potential of BitBay.

Thank you for taking the time to explain all that to me, I understand now. Cheers  Cool

raisinbran

View Profile
April 24, 2020, 05:48:08 PM

Would it be possible to have one single designated person (like Shorn or David) contact LAToken every Friday afternoon or Monday morning to get status and post it to Discord, Slack and BitCoinTalk? LAToken isn't going to appreciate it if random investors keep bugging them whenever they feel like it. Please post the name of the single point of contact on all three boards and request that nobody else talk with LAToken. A weekly update about a reliable date and any information about the cause of the delay would be welcome.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 05:23:09 AM

Would it be possible to have one single designated person (like Shorn or David) contact LAToken every Friday afternoon or Monday morning to get status and post it to Discord, Slack and BitCoinTalk? LAToken isn't going to appreciate it if random investors keep bugging them whenever they feel like it. Please post the name of the single point of contact on all three boards and request that nobody else talk with LAToken. A weekly update about a reliable date and any information about the cause of the delay would be welcome.

The thing is we have seen trading get disabled multiple times. We are in the same boat as the community. Best to plan for other exchanges and liquidity providers.
LuckyLeprachaun

Bitbay is the Future!!!

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 12:35:47 PM

The thing is we have seen trading get disabled multiple times. We are in the same boat as the community. Best to plan for other exchanges and liquidity providers.

Are you saying that Latoken is finished and that we need a new exchange again? So I lose my money in exchange  Angry

whale_shark

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 02:12:35 PM

Seems to me that this new pegging system has destroyed Bitbay, everything was great before this new system, now 3 exchanges have shut Bitbay down  Sad

Jesus! stop behaving like a child. You think Bitbay holders want to read all your wining everyday!?
I expect you don’t even have a top 100 wallet.
raisinbran

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 03:30:24 PM

It appears as if LAToken decided it's too much hassle, even though we're almost there and they had already invested so much time.

What's our next step? Anybody?
LuckyLeprachaun

Bitbay is the Future!!!

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 03:53:11 PM

It appears as if LAToken decided it's too much hassle, even though we're almost there and they had already invested so much time.

Seems your (Sweat invested) statement turned out to be nothing, Latoken or another will all be the same, 3 exchanges have dropped Bitbay, I see the end in sight for this crypto  Sad

CRYPTONAIRE

Activity: 527

Quality Crypto Collector

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 05:16:13 PM

It only appears that way, we have no confirmation as yet.  If they are feeling hassled, I feel sure that it is entirely due to persistent needling by LuckyLeprechaun, who should, if he has any sense, shut the phuq up!!

Personally, I am drawing no conclusions about the situation at Latoken until something definite has been posted here by Mr Zimbeck after he has spoken to them himself.  Until that happens, all is just idle speculation.

That being said, I do agree with Mr Zimbeck's last comment, about considering other exchanges and liquidity providers.  It's never too early to be exploring such options.

Keep the faith everyone.  BitBay is destined to be #1 on CMC and Gecko.

It is not a matter of if, but when!!   Grin

FINANCECLOUD CRYPTO-HUB : by EUROPECOIN
raisinbran

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 08:00:42 PM

@CRYPTONAIRE   Agreed, appearances can be deceiving.
LuckyLeprachaun

Bitbay is the Future!!!

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 08:40:10 PM

It only appears that way, we have no confirmation as yet.  If they are feeling hassled, I feel sure that it is entirely due to persistent needling by LuckyLeprechaun, who should, if he has any sense, shut the phuq up!!

Personally, I am drawing no conclusions about the situation at Latoken until something definite has been posted here by Mr Zimbeck after he has spoken to them himself.  Until that happens, all is just idle speculation.

That being said, I do agree with Mr Zimbeck's last comment, about considering other exchanges and liquidity providers.  It's never too early to be exploring such options.

Keep the faith everyone.  BitBay is destined to be #1 on CMC and Gecko.

It is not a matter of if, but when!!   Grin

First off your idle speculation on my actions are BS, I have a right to to ask about my money on any exchange, I never hassled them, I contacted them about once a week, so you should shut the phuq up!! And my recent posts are a reflection of what the Dev wrote, if the Dev believes we need a new exchange it's not a good sign, simple as that. Not to mention that when Bitbay hit the exchange everything was working fine, so why all of sudden it does not work???

dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 09:20:38 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2020, 09:36:11 PM by dzimbeck

When Bay started on Latoken everything worked fine, yet all of sudden there is a "Bug", I am not sure what to believe...but I am getting robbed from  Latoken. I have lost faith in this project and I was one of the very first investors in this project, very sad that after 6 years this how it ends.... Sad

Not sure why you take it personally as we all are experiencing the same setbacks. Who isn't effected by this? Our entire team is no longer even getting paid except like a couple people. You and everyone here had many opportunities to make a great profit over the past 6-7 years. Some people becoming millionaires from almost nothing. Also you should remember after Bob/Dai/Lin/Gecko left the project in shambles our marketcap was almost nothing and we also had very few exchanges with no volume. And we recovered from that skyrocketing to .5 billion marketcap.

Altcoins are currently demolished from the bear market. Even if we start trading on Latoken again we would need a strategy to expand our liquidity.

So therefore what I mentioned, looking for liquidity providers and exchange partnerships are our best way forward. That includes anything in house which could drive profits or DEX options.

Nobody should be under any illusions, it's very difficult for us when most of the exchanges stole our listing fee. But you know what, if they had actually listed and our users put BTC on those platforms the exchanges would have stolen that too.

This is why the best option is advising multisig exchange and DEX as more secure trading options. Getting a large scale liquidity provider or a series of them can drive up buying power. There are options, we might not succeed but we are still doing better than many other projects that got completely destroyed by the alt crash.

I feel like my only major mistake personally was not cashing out more. If I had taken out a couple million when things were doing well, we wouldn't be in this situation. The problem is many other investors who took their profits didn't really give back to the business that enriched them.

I'm not happy that we are in this situation however consider it is not BitBay that has failed you, it is the Bitcoin/altcoin community that has turned their back on brilliant projects in favor of pumping premined vaporware with their criminal exchange friends who wash trade their garbage. That sucks out all of the honest money. And furthermore its the fault of investors who reward scams. The sheep who don't invest in powerful world changing technology. Bitcoin should have taught people to invest in fully decentralized products but nobody listened and they gave their Bitcoin fortunes to vaporware. It's the fault of the mainstream media who censors projects and promotes vaporware in favor of real tech that they fear as competition. It's the fault of Coinmarketcap and Coingecko for applying new rules to veteran projects and then picking and choosing who they want on the charts, letting some projects break their rules and while CMC deletes our charts every chance they get. Its the fault of exchanges for being too lazy to integrate wonderful cutting edge technology and instead giving the limelight to proven scams (like Qtum)  because they have an insider deal to pump garbage. It's that behavior which led altcoins into a depression, dragging the entire industry of good projects down with the garbage. So BitBay no matter how golden the project is, is not at fault for the actions of the foolish/greedy majority.

It cannot be denied that this project has decentralized markets on the level of TOR security. It can also not be denied that we were the first decentralized peg in the world as well as unbreakable contracts which are a huge benefit to industries without trusted escrow methods (and there are so many). So do we then take away from that technological milestone because it wasn't "popular" enough? Even if we fail, we did the right thing. Isn't the current events of today obvious we live in some sort of draconian 1984 nightmare? Honestly the world is currently like a bad sci-fi novel. BitBay is not at fault. I'm convinced at this point, you could hand people bars of gold and they wouldn't know it's value. We have to find the right people to move this forward from this point.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 09:43:05 PM

It only appears that way, we have no confirmation as yet.  If they are feeling hassled, I feel sure that it is entirely due to persistent needling by LuckyLeprechaun, who should, if he has any sense, shut the phuq up!!

Personally, I am drawing no conclusions about the situation at Latoken until something definite has been posted here by Mr Zimbeck after he has spoken to them himself.  Until that happens, all is just idle speculation.

That being said, I do agree with Mr Zimbeck's last comment, about considering other exchanges and liquidity providers.  It's never too early to be exploring such options.

Keep the faith everyone.  BitBay is destined to be #1 on CMC and Gecko.

It is not a matter of if, but when!!   Grin

First off your idle speculation on my actions are BS, I have a right to to ask about my money on any exchange, I never hassled them, I contacted them about once a week, so you should shut the phuq up!! And my recent posts are a reflection of what the Dev wrote, if the Dev believes we need a new exchange it's not a good sign, simple as that. Not to mention that when Bitbay hit the exchange everything was working fine, so why all of sudden it does not work???

I'm definitely not happy with the exchange. I believe the funds are safe however we aren't able to audit their code. We have done everything on our end to insist on exchanges following our rules and protocols for integration. We are well documented and Latoken assures us many times its not the fault of our code, they say it's bugs on their end. I don't blame you for being upset. We ask the exchange almost every other day or two for an update. Trading was supposed to be live days ago. I don't know when it will be live again however we are waiting just like you guys are. With that said, we are going to need better partnerships and next time the exchange should allow us to do an audit of implementation or we don't go into the deal. The thing is to move forward we need some big angel investors or large scale liquidity providers who are willing to step in for a good amount of BAYR/BAY.
LuckyLeprachaun

Bitbay is the Future!!!

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 11:45:15 PM

When Bay started on Latoken everything worked fine, yet all of sudden there is a "Bug", I am not sure what to believe...but I am getting robbed from  Latoken. I have lost faith in this project and I was one of the very first investors in this project, very sad that after 6 years this how it ends.... Sad

Not sure why you take it personally as we all are experiencing the same setbacks. Who isn't effected by this? Our entire team is no longer even getting paid except like a couple people. You and everyone here had many opportunities to make a great profit over the past 6-7 years. Some people becoming millionaires from almost nothing. Also you should remember after Bob/Dai/Lin/Gecko left the project in shambles our marketcap was almost nothing and we also had very few exchanges with no volume. And we recovered from that skyrocketing to .5 billion marketcap.

Altcoins are currently demolished from the bear market. Even if we start trading on Latoken again we would need a strategy to expand our liquidity.

So therefore what I mentioned, looking for liquidity providers and exchange partnerships are our best way forward. That includes anything in house which could drive profits or DEX options.

Nobody should be under any illusions, it's very difficult for us when most of the exchanges stole our listing fee. But you know what, if they had actually listed and our users put BTC on those platforms the exchanges would have stolen that too.

This is why the best option is advising multisig exchange and DEX as more secure trading options. Getting a large scale liquidity provider or a series of them can drive up buying power. There are options, we might not succeed but we are still doing better than many other projects that got completely destroyed by the alt crash.

I feel like my only major mistake personally was not cashing out more. If I had taken out a couple million when things were doing well, we wouldn't be in this situation. The problem is many other investors who took their profits didn't really give back to the business that enriched them.

I'm not happy that we are in this situation however consider it is not BitBay that has failed you, it is the Bitcoin/altcoin community that has turned their back on brilliant projects in favor of pumping premined vaporware with their criminal exchange friends who wash trade their garbage. That sucks out all of the honest money. And furthermore its the fault of investors who reward scams. The sheep who don't invest in powerful world changing technology. Bitcoin should have taught people to invest in fully decentralized products but nobody listened and they gave their Bitcoin fortunes to vaporware. It's the fault of the mainstream media who censors projects and promotes vaporware in favor of real tech that they fear as competition. It's the fault of Coinmarketcap and Coingecko for applying new rules to veteran projects and then picking and choosing who they want on the charts, letting some projects break their rules and while CMC deletes our charts every chance they get. Its the fault of exchanges for being too lazy to integrate wonderful cutting edge technology and instead giving the limelight to proven scams (like Qtum)  because they have an insider deal to pump garbage. It's that behavior which led altcoins into a depression, dragging the entire industry of good projects down with the garbage. So BitBay no matter how golden the project is, is not at fault for the actions of the foolish/greedy majority.

It cannot be denied that this project has decentralized markets on the level of TOR security. It can also not be denied that we were the first decentralized peg in the world as well as unbreakable contracts which are a huge benefit to industries without trusted escrow methods (and there are so many). So do we then take away from that technological milestone because it wasn't "popular" enough? Even if we fail, we did the right thing. Isn't the current events of today obvious we live in some sort of draconian 1984 nightmare? Honestly the world is currently like a bad sci-fi novel. BitBay is not at fault. I'm convinced at this point, you could hand people bars of gold and they wouldn't know it's value. We have to find the right people to move this forward from this point.

I never blamed you or Bitbay for this problem, I thank you for your detailed response. Like I said before, I have been your supporter since near day 1 and I thought you had and still have an awesome project, thus my sadness for the way things have gone. I do hope Bitbay survives not just because I have invested in the project but also because I believe your project to be a great idea.

LuckyLeprachaun

Bitbay is the Future!!!

View Profile
April 27, 2020, 12:11:08 AM

I have 1 question for the Dev, you run an exchange yourself, why not run Bitbay completely yourself on your own exchange at Bitbay.net?, would solve all the problems.

dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2020, 10:27:19 AM

I have 1 question for the Dev, you run an exchange yourself, why not run Bitbay completely yourself on your own exchange at Bitbay.net?, would solve all the problems.

Oh people always get confused with that. I do not run BitBay exchange. That is a Polish company that was founded at the same time. Although we had more recognition than they did in the beginning. There was a lot of recommendations to rebrand but we never did as exchanges come and go. This was stated many times on our forums actually. Now with that said it would be nice if we did have a cash cow because if we had that kind of cash flow we wouldn't be in this situation.

And thanks for clearing that up, I know you have been a supporter. Just was clarifying that we have done everything possible. Honestly, even I have lost some faith. Not in the ideas or the tech but just in the consumers and crypto space. It's really hard to stay motivated after everything we have been through.
tradersnow

Activity: 90
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 27, 2020, 01:22:56 PM

Oh people always get confused with that. I do not run BitBay exchange. That is a Polish company that was founded at the same time. Although we had more recognition than they did in the beginning. There was a lot of recommendations to rebrand but we never did as exchanges come and go. This was stated many times on our forums actually. Now with that said it would be nice if we did have a cash cow because if we had that kind of cash flow we wouldn't be in this situation.

And thanks for clearing that up, I know you have been a supporter. Just was clarifying that we have done everything possible. Honestly, even I have lost some faith. Not in the ideas or the tech but just in the consumers and crypto space. It's really hard to stay motivated after everything we have been through.

Losing faith in consumers and the crypto space is a very good thing imo. Faith implies "trust"... and trust has no place in the crypto world. We have all wanted the good ole days to come back to crypto... well, this is as close as it will get to that. Altcoins as a whole have been decimated, leaving only the hardcore projects behind to fend for themselves amongst leftover vaporware. Meanwhile a new world order is now being formed as we speak, and the market/need for our tech grows exponentially by the day. The projects who position themselves well early on will hold the keys to the city when things settle down.

BitBay has been through hell and back over the last 5 years, no question... it is already positioned well by having a solid working product, however there is still alot more hell to get through to be able to take its slice of the pie. The amount of functional and disruptive code that has been written and tested without any funding is insane. With some much needed diversification of exchanges and a couple new investors (liquidity), there is no reason this project couldn't enter its next phase and begin to snowball.

Like you David, my motivation has been at an all-time-low as well. However, I am realizing that this is more a characteristic of motivation itself... which is always reliant upon positive external events. Discipline is what gets us through these low points and negative external events... and ultimately carries us through to times of motivation again. It is the one thing that separates the wheat from the chaff.

Discipline and perseverance is what separates BitBay from most other projects.
Pages: « 1 ... 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 [371] 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: