Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:10:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there anyone else in the Construction / Engineering / Arch. Fields?  (Read 3362 times)
swissmate

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 11:20:58 PM

Computer engineer here Cheesy
I can make you a nice processor unit. 32 bits? 64 bits? Maybe 16? No problem

So we are talking about hardware?
Please clarify the best you can.

Well it's also an engineering, maybe you want to host a big server in your new house?

Maybe we would want such a thing on our project!
But still I am unclear exactly what you do, this is probably my fault. But if you wouldn't mind elaborating or sharing with us the scope of one of your projects, I could better understand what the trade you are in is and specifically what your function is.

Well I basically develop simple built in microprocessors.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WiseOldOwl (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2012, 11:34:16 PM

I am currently working in the lumberyard at a building supply store while I get my degree. I have also worked in a custom welding shop, in demolitions, and in farm/equine work. About to start a second job laying basketball courts around the state.

Cool, I will put you in the demo section as the first demo guy and list your other attributes. Does this mean you can act as a supplier of lumber in ways? Do you get a discount?
finkleshnorts

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 12:59:47 AM

I do get an employee discount, but I am not supposed to use it for those outside my household or family and I will honor that. Also, I have driven a forklift daily at my current job and the two before it.

edit: i also have a fair amount of experience with masonry and concrete, all through volunteer work.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2012, 02:57:29 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2012, 03:09:16 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

I worked for a General Contractor for 5 years as their Estimator/Project manager. Everything from residential (whole house) to commercial and government stuff.  It was ton's of fun, as I started literally on the bottom (part-time general labor), so I got to scrub walls after cement pours, stack and clean forms, etc.  Eventually I was lucky enough to participate in just about everything, from concrete, to welding, to carpentry, to standing steel, rough framing, finishes, drywall, electrical, plumbing, all of it.  When I moved up into the office, I also got to work with the plans, and since i'd already had experience with CAD/CAM stuff, got to build most of the projects we had in 3D.  Made estimation simple, and also brought to light a number of issues that could have posed problems when we were in the field.  Overall, it was a total riot.

Got out of it three years ago, ended up going back to web-design for a bit, and now I'm just loafing around unemployed. Cheesy

Excellent, where abouts were you located?
For the record I am currently a project manager / estimator too. And it is a pretty awesome job.

I used to be a drywall contractor. The list of projects include, but not limited to:

~Bruno~

Dually noted. Drywall is a vital part of most projects and virtually all homes. Very Valuable Trades... Keep em coming and you will see where I am going soon.

You would think that the world's largest residential log cabin (Fontanel Mansion) wouldn't have much drywall in it, but if fact it took 550 4'X12' (5/8" thick) sheets of drywall. The tricky part was making sure that my installers place the top sheet of any exterior walls a certain distance from the ceiling line, for there were 100's of these tiny jacks holding up the roof (though fastened to the walls) that had to all be turned 1/4 of a turn every (don't remember the time frame). This was to allow all that weight to settle evenly. If any drywall was off, there would be a gap or the walls would buckle and/or crack.

~Bruno~

Edit: In conjunction with drywall installation, I also contracted insulation installation, metal stud framing, installing commercial windows and doors, acoustic ceiling installation, wallpapering, cove base, synthetic stucco application (Stucco Flexr), and painting. All based out of Nashville, TN, and Houston, TX.
Valalvax

Activity: 437

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 03:02:23 AM

I've got an Industrial Technician degree, basically I have a working knowledge of electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems as well as PLCs and the like

Or... that's what my piece of paper says anyway
juggalodarkclow
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 01:04:20 PM

I've been doing general carpentry (drywall, painting, roofing, decks, windows, etc.) for the last 2 years for my uncle's company in Upstate NY. I've also operated forklifts, scissor lifts, electric pallet jacks, and boom lifts throughout my life.

riX

Activity: 326
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 01:13:45 PM

I'm working as an estimator / project manager / designer in civil engineering, more specific post tensioned concrete, mostly for bridges, and also bridge bearings and expansion joints.

Sorry, I can't help you with your lost password.

PGP key: 0x9F31802C79642F25
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2012, 04:04:27 PM

I hope WOO lets Schrödinger's Cat out of the box soon, for I feel like building something after reading all the posts of this thread.

~Bruno~
Explodicle

Activity: 950
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 04:27:39 PM

I'm a mechanical engineer. My skills include 3D scanning & printing, reverse engineering, finite element analysis, tool & die design, computer programming, and process control. After college I spent 5 years designing jet engine service/assembly tools, and now design for a forge that makes giant metal rings.
cmg5461

Activity: 369

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 05:38:58 PM

I'm studying to become a mechanical engineer.  Two more years left, achieved an internship which I can use for next summer too. 

Penn State, ftw!

If I've helped: 1CmguJhwW4sbtSMFsyaafikJ8jhYS61quz

Sold: 5850 to lepenguin. Quick, easy and trustworthy.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 05:42:08 PM

I've worked in:

Housing renovations
Demolition
Roofing
Electrician
Plumbing
Carpentry
Drywalling

But all when I was 18 and I don't remember any of it.

Also I'm a certified locksmith. Wink

P.S. This thread is so random and rocks.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2012, 05:53:01 PM

I've worked in:

Housing renovations
Demolition
Roofing
Electrician
Plumbing
Carpentry
Drywalling

But all when I was 18 and I don't remember any of it.

Also I'm a certified locksmith. Wink

P.S. This thread is so random and rocks.

Don't you have a dog to eat?

I have also supervised construction of record keeping systems shown below, but larger. I oversaw a couple projects for Iron Mountain in the Chicagoland area.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 05:54:12 PM

I have also supervised construction of record keeping systems shown below, but larger. I oversaw a couple projects for Iron Mountain in the Chicagoland area.

That picture is a collection of Atlas's forum posts. Don't lie.

cmg5461

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 06:00:33 PM

I'm a mechanical engineer. My skills include 3D scanning & printing, reverse engineering, finite element analysis, tool & die design, computer programming, and process control. After college I spent 5 years designing jet engine service/assembly tools, and now design for a forge that makes giant metal rings.

What I would give to get 'in' with jet engines.. *jizz*

I've made a self sustaining jet turbine out of steel pipe and tin cans LOL.

Too bad it melted.  Bring on the tungsten ;P

LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 06:35:31 PM

Okay... ya got me... in my former professional life I was an Architect. Had two offices in the Midwest, and 16 really good people working for me. The portfolio was full of bottom feeder retail projects, if you have ever eaten in a Quiznos, had your hair cut at Fantastic Sams or Great Clips, had your significant other buy shoes at 5-7-9, purchased flannel at Eddie Bauer, gotten tech support through a NOC with Charter Communications, or stored your special munitions at Fort Lewis or Fort Ord, you have seen my work.

Unfortunately, one of those customers didn't pay for a whole lot of work done over the course of a year, and put us under with just about $ 750,000 in write-offs due to crooked Texas contract law, dishonest area developers, warped incestuous corporate ownership, gullible Third World franchisees, and a client who had a $25,000 per week cocaine and hooker habit. I won't embarass them by saying which one, I'll just hope that they choke on their next "Mmm, Toasty" sandwich.
cmg5461

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 06:39:13 PM

I hope WOO lets Schrödinger's Cat out of the box soon, for I feel like building something after reading all the posts of this thread.

~Bruno~

But is the cat dead of alive?

AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2012, 10:23:29 PM

I know my fair share of electrical.... High Voltage... Have set up some serious "Legal" grows in Canada from scratch Smiley

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
Ben Walsh (beamer)

Activity: 343

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 06:44:37 PM

I urge anyone considering entering into any sort of business arrangement with WiseOldOwl to read the entirety of this thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=18197.0

I would recommend others steer well clear of WiseOldOwl until he either justifies what was done with the funds invested in that project and/or repays the investors.

Not to be trusted.
heathercarter

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2020, 05:08:38 AM

I am in the construction field. I am more so in home construction as a case in point. Thanks for the idea that you have tried to propagate in this piece, hope you are bringing ideas and people together.
Negotiation

Activity: 994
Merit: 246

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2020, 06:55:37 AM

I am a computer engineering major who completed engineering studies four years ago Now I am working at a computer company at a computer operator Seeing my work skills in computers and developing different software they have arranged for my promotion. Let's help everyone else.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: