Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:33:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: iOS Bread Wallet  (Read 30978 times)
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 10:12:19 AM

How can i erase Breadwallet + all its data ?
i have a test version on my iPhone 6, never save the passphrase (seeds)
i know right  Roll Eyes
i want to erase it and start with a new fresh wallet (but the old password always comes up)
Huh
tx

On the settings menu, delete the seed and start fresh.

- start/recover another wallet ?
i can not, do not have the old seeds or password
??

I erased the whole phone already
installed new wallet, set up new wallet, all worked
but the sec i do a sync with iTunes the old wallet comes back and i am stuck again
 Huh

Exactly, that's the option. No need to restore your phone just for this Cheesy You get the old wallet back because that's the information synced with iTunes. When you restored, did you set it up as new phone or did you restore from an iTunes/iCloud backup?
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 11:50:27 AM
Last edit: October 05, 2015, 12:26:03 PM by tungfa

i know right  Roll Eyes
i want to erase it and start with a new fresh wallet (but the old password always comes up)
Huh
tx

??

but the sec i do a sync with iTunes the old wallet comes back and i am stuck again
 Huh

Exactly, that's the option. No need to restore your phone just for this Cheesy You get the old wallet back because that's the information synced with iTunes. When you restored, did you set it up as new phone or did you restore from an iTunes/iCloud backup?

I can not !
there it is asking me for "Recovery Phrase to wipe it and start/recover another."
and i do not have that

Edit:
sorry this is such a pain ... , i just wanted to install a test wallet,(did not save anything) and planned to install a proper wallet after
but now i can not get rid of that test
 Undecided
unamis76
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 02:53:18 PM

I can not !
there it is asking me for "Recovery Phrase to wipe it and start/recover another."
and i do not have that

Edit:
sorry this is such a pain ... , i just wanted to install a test wallet,(did not save anything) and planned to install a proper wallet after
 Undecided

I'm not quite sure I'm following your issue.

Does the wallet reappear after a simple sync with iTunes? If yes, I find that really odd, app info may be be nicely encrypted, but this is still another way to get access to a seed, I think (but that's another issue)

If disabling automatic sync on iTunes is an issue for you, try to delete everything breadwallet related on iTunes and see if it does the trick.
voisine

Activity: 115
Merit: 19

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 09:01:57 PM

If you lost both your recovery phrase and your passcode, then after you enter 8 different incorrect passcodes, and about 24hrs of lockout, the wallet will reset and you can start a new one.

I haven't run into an issue where iTunes syncing overwrites app keychain data with older data. If you're still encountering this problem, please open github issue (linked on breadwallet.com) so we can get more information about your phone and settings.

i know right  Roll Eyes
Huh
tx

??

Huh
Harvin

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 02:24:18 AM

Contact the guy who made the app then your good
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 10:02:28 AM

If you lost both your recovery phrase and your passcode, then after you enter 8 different incorrect passcodes, and about 24hrs of lockout, the wallet will reset and you can start a new one.

I haven't run into an issue where iTunes syncing overwrites app keychain data with older data. If you're still encountering this problem, please open github issue (linked on breadwallet.com) so we can get more information about your phone and settings.

i know right  Roll Eyes
Huh
tx

??

Huh

tx guys !
errornone

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

error

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 05:02:13 PM

you can view the passphrase in the settings menu!

and then type it down to delete that wallet.

error
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 07:16:04 PM

i know right  Roll Eyes
Huh
tx

??

Huh

I can not !
and i do not have that

Edit:
 Undecided

You can enter a bad pin. Keep doing it. The delay will keep increasing. It will take about 24 hours to get to the point... but once you put it in wrong like 5 or 6 times, the seed/wallet is wipped and you can start fresh. I had to do this myself once because I also didn't write down my first seed cause I was just planning to "play" with it.
voisine

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 07:25:38 PM

Yes this is the correct way to do it. It's annoying but it prevents someone you loan you phone to from being able to erase your wallet. An unauthoized person must be in possession of the device for 24hrs (or be able to do a factory reset by knowing the device passcode)
manicminer

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 11:39:38 AM

Hey Aaron, thanks for the great app! (Though I don't use it, I'm not on iOS, which is my problem)

Question: what's a compatible, trusted implementation of the same 12-word seed wallet which works on the desktop/web as well?

The now defunct Hive Wallet (for the web) was one, which was a fork of Andreas Schildbach's Android wallet: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4384.msg13137786#msg13137786
voisine

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 06:10:33 PM

Hey Aaron, thanks for the great app! (Though I don't use it, I'm not on iOS, which is my problem)

Question: what's a compatible, trusted implementation of the same 12-word seed wallet which works on the desktop/web as well?

The now defunct Hive Wallet (for the web) was one, which was a fork of Andreas Schildbach's Android wallet: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4384.msg13137786#msg13137786

We recommend strongly against ever typing your recovery phrase into other devices or wallet software, as they are not built to the same security standards. If however you are a security expert and have hardened your system against malware, or are just playing around with trivial amounts, then one other implementation i've referenced is https://dcpos.github.io/bip39/
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 12:59:51 AM

I'm not sure if the question has been asked here or on the other thread, but is there any way/any plan to allow the ability to sign/verify addresses using bread? I feel like I might have asked this question before somewhere, but I can seem to find where I asked, so forgive me if I have asked this question before or some one else already has.

voisine

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 02:35:51 AM

I'm not sure if the question has been asked here or on the other thread, but is there any way/any plan to allow the ability to sign/verify addresses using bread? I feel like I might have asked this question before somewhere, but I can seem to find where I asked, so forgive me if I have asked this question before or some one else already has.

We don't support it currently, but I would consider accepting a pull request that enabled it through an x-callback-url mechanism, so long as only allowed signing with already spent-from wallet addresses. We wouldn't want users exposing pubkeys for addresses that still have funds on them. I'm curious what your specific use case is. My perception is that this feature isn't used much anymore.
chennan
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 02:43:24 AM

We don't support it currently, but I would consider accepting a pull request that enabled it through an x-callback-url mechanism, so long as only allowed signing with already spent-from wallet addresses. We wouldn't want users exposing pubkeys for addresses that still have funds on them. I'm curious what your specific use case is. My perception is that this feature isn't used much anymore.

No real use for me right at this moment, just more of a curiosity/potential future use if a situation comes where I needed too verify something and I was away from my computer, so I could on my phone using bread.

Bitcoineer

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 02:04:16 PM

It's my mobile wallet. Really like it.
manicminer

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 02:28:18 PM

We recommend strongly against ever typing your recovery phrase into other devices or wallet software, as they are not built to the same security standards. If however you are a security expert and have hardened your system against malware, or are just playing around with trivial amounts, then one other implementation i've referenced is https://dcpos.github.io/bip39/

Thanks for https://dcpos.github.io/bip39/

I'm all about standardization, not fragmentation. So, all in all, isn't Bread essentially the same as Hive > Coin.Space (over here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1004057) and/or Andreas Schildbach's Android wallet?

I guess, that's the best for all of is. Isn't it?

To ask my question in another way: How to recover Bread funds if whatever happens to you, or Apple for whatever reason pulls your wallet from the App store? You get the idea.

Thanks for your work!
unamis76
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 12:27:15 AM

To ask my question in another way: How to recover Bread funds if whatever happens to you

If the developer ceases to support the app you'll still have it on your device, working. To recover the coins, import your passphrase in MultiBit HD

or Apple for whatever reason pulls your wallet from the App store? You get the idea.

If Apple pulls the app, the same thing happens: you will still have it on your device until you uninstall it. Either way you'll have plenty of time to recover your coins in whatever situation. Don't forget to keep your seed stored somewhere.
chennan
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 02:36:41 AM

To ask my question in another way: How to recover Bread funds if whatever happens to you

If the developer ceases to support the app you'll still have it on your device, working. To recover the coins, import your passphrase in MultiBit HD

or Apple for whatever reason pulls your wallet from the App store? You get the idea.

If Apple pulls the app, the same thing happens: you will still have it on your device until you uninstall it. Either way you'll have plenty of time to recover your coins in whatever situation. Don't forget to keep your seed stored somewhere.

Just curious, does bread run through multibit?  Or is multibit just capable of recovering any type of wallet with the correct seed?  I never ran multibit before, but if this is the case I might have to download it just in case.

unamis76
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 12:33:25 PM

Just curious, does bread run through multibit?  Or is multibit just capable of recovering any type of wallet with the correct seed?  I never ran multibit before, but if this is the case I might have to download it just in case.

What do you mean with run through? Both are apps on their own Smiley Multibit is capable of recovering breadwallet seeds. For reference, here's a wallet compatibility matrix.
onlinedragon

Activity: 1036
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 12:44:40 PM

This is the best cold storage app available for IOS. Use this one on mine mobile phone. Hope they keep improving this nice wallet.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: