Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:01:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone working on a litecoin stock market ?  (Read 1984 times)
Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2012, 12:56:04 AM

Something similar to glbse but for ltc ? How about we create an assett on glbse to raise funds to develop an ltc version ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mollison

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 01:08:52 AM

Why would this be needed when we already have a bitcoin stock exchange? "Because this uses ltc instead" is not a reason to me (unless you can explain why it should be).
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 02:26:18 AM

Why would this be needed when we already have a bitcoin stock exchange? "Because this uses ltc instead" is not a reason to me (unless you can explain why it should be).

An alternative to bitcoin is always a good enough reason.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2012, 02:37:19 AM

^
What he says.

Redundancy is a good reason.

Who wouldnt want to invest in a botnet mining company ?

Cheesy

Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2012, 02:41:06 AM

Think of this as glbse's little brother.

Litecoin Stock Depository  (LSD)  Cheesy

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2012, 08:55:30 PM

My Open Transactions server is agnostic about assets, you can use any asset to buy any other asset. So anything you can offer bitcoins for there, you can as easily offer litecoins.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2012, 09:47:43 AM

My Open Transactions server is agnostic about assets, you can use any asset to buy any other asset. So anything you can offer bitcoins for there, you can as easily offer litecoins.

-MarkM-

Let me know when theres a web interface.  Tongue

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2012, 09:53:12 AM

-MarkM-

That would be client end. The API can be built for PHP but I am not sure where people are currently at with it.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2012, 10:00:52 AM

-MarkM-

That would be client end. The API can be built for PHP but I am not sure where people are currently at with it.

-MarkM-

Reminds me of glbse 1.0

the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 10:13:07 AM

Can you explain why it would be a bad idea?

Litecoin, though virtually identical to Bitcoin in all other ways, has 3 key differences:

1)  Scripting (allowing anybody with a computer but without a lot of money to spend on GPUs, FPGAs, and ASICs to get in the game)
2)  4x the maximum coin limit
3)  5x faster block generation

Litecoin has potential for future use as a silver to Bitcoin's gold.  I could easily see Litecoin being used in the future for small, convenience-store-like transactions.  Moreover, Litecoin (aside from Namecoin) is the only alternative currency that has showed any real signs of long-term interest.  Here and there, some people have tried to offer/purchase goods for Litecoins.  Perhaps most importantly, Litecoins are currently more accessible to the average person because the standard Litecoin client has an included miner.  Anyone that owns a computer of any kind can simply download the client and get to mining.
Litecoin

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 10:25:49 AM

Litecoin, though virtually identical to Bitcoin in all other ways, has 3 key differences:

1)  Scripting (allowing anybody with a computer but without a lot of money to spend on GPUs, FPGAs, and ASICs to get in the game)

Litecoin has potential for future use as a silver to Bitcoin's gold.  I could easily see Litecoin being used in the future for small, convenience-store-like transactions.  Moreover, Litecoin (aside from Namecoin) is the only alternative currency that has showed any real signs of long-term interest.  Here and there, some people have tried to offer/purchase goods for Litecoins.  Perhaps most importantly, Litecoins are currently more accessible to the average person because the standard Litecoin client has an included miner.  Anyone that owns a computer of any kind can simply download the client and get to mining.

4x times faster block generation, not 5. That's why we have 4x times more coins than Bitcoin.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 10:26:51 AM

4x times faster block generation, not 5. That's why we have 4x times more coins than Bitcoin.

Whoops lol.  Thank you.
Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2012, 10:37:03 AM

Perhaps we could convince Nef to let us port glbse codebase directly to ltc.

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 10:53:07 AM

Your statement is kind of like saying, "Why would we need a Domino's Pizza if there is already Pizza Hut?" It's capitalism- free market. :-)

more or less retired.
Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2012, 11:12:15 AM

Your statement is kind of like saying, "Why would we need a Domino's Pizza if there is already Pizza Hut?" It's capitalism- free market. :-)

It kind of goes without saying.

And I had an idea. If someone wants code it I will list it on GLBSE (I will pay the listing fee )

This IPO will pay for ongoing management and the hosting etc.

If anyone wants to be co founder the listing fee can be divided by contributions.

Send your quote for this via PM and I will update the thread if it is adequate. You need to be well trusted on top of the ability to do the job.

Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2012, 11:46:15 AM

Because I have a shitload of litecoins just sitting there and I want residual income from them instead. I also want people to start raising money for their litecoin companies.

There are plenty of litecoin miners out there that can setup mining companies or offer shares in their output.

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 04:56:10 PM

Because I have a shitload of litecoins just sitting there and I want residual income from them instead. I also want people to start raising money for their litecoin companies.

There are plenty of litecoin miners out there that can setup mining companies or offer shares in their output.

And it doesn't just have to be mining. We need to build a lot of things with LTC to catch up. And to be honest IMHO when ASIC hits, those massive GPU farms will one day or another jump to mining LTC.

more or less retired.
Greedi

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

LitecoinTalk

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2012, 04:58:35 PM

And it doesn't just have to be mining. We need to build a lot of things with LTC to catch up. And to be honest IMHO when ASIC hits, those massive GPU farms will one day or another jump to mining LTC.

Hello, just wont to point this out Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=90068.0

If we gets more players, we will make a server based on LTC also Smiley

LitecoinTalk - Sign up today!
Try out LTC-Aarade!
Buy Shares!
Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2012, 08:56:47 PM

Hello, just wont to point this out Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=90068.0

If we gets more players, we will make a server based on LTC also Smiley

Would you list it ?

PinkBatman

Activity: 267
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 09:06:56 PM

Support this idea. I'd love to have some of my LTC making interest or paying dividends.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: