Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:47:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ***WARNING TO PEOPLE WHO USE MONEYPAK/WALMART MONEY CARD***  (Read 27871 times)
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 12:03:05 AM

[..snip..]

Hi TizzyTazzy,

I feel sorry for you, and I can understand you are totally angry about this issue.

At the core the problem is really that companies make rules that they intend to follow 100%, and once you have a case that is slightly outside the black and white world that such rules try to cram you into, you'll have a very hard time breaking out of it.

From the company's perspective, they have more than enough customers (dangerous thinking, but they don't care about it) and therefore you are not important to them (which sucks for you).

You could try to get hold of a manager or someone and try to explain what you have been doing and if it can be fixed in a reasonable way.

This could be pretty much like banging the head like a brick wall. If you can go physically to their offices and talk to them in person, perhaps that would be a viable option ?

1K USD is a good amount of money, but it is also a question about how much time, effort and money you should use to claim them back. Did you read MoneyPak's small print, and does it look like they have the right to keep the money ? And why is it that you need to show receipts for all your purchases of those codes to show that you are legit, while MoneyPak company doesn't need to do anything to show that you are not legit ?

It appears to me that big companies are always using their size to exploit customers. Many customers who have their funds frozen, or are incovenienced in some way, usually become frustrated and just shrug it of, then the company in question is sitting there with the funds of all these customers, so financially the company is gaining from it.

Also, a lot of the people working for such companies seems completely unable to use common sense and/or solve a case that's outside the ordinary. I can feel you frustration, and I am dead tired of big companies always exploiting the customers. Instead they should thank you for your business and work with you to sort everything out.

I hope all turns out well for you. To others, as I've alwats said: Be careful with buying codes to prepaid payment cards from strangers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 12:17:01 AM

I just sent MP feedback.
I'll share my mind and words.

Well, I will no longer use your service. I will be using Western Union for now on. You guys frozen a persons funds of 1k card over a scammer that created one dispute. We all are using Western Union for now on, I will be spreading the word along to everybody I know.

Stop taking sides of SCAMMERS.

Your service is no longer needed.

Have a good day.

Herodes

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 12:36:29 AM

pekv2: Well done, however I am afraid this has no effect unless enough people do it, but out of principle I think you did a great thing!

We can see how godaddy buckled when a lot of people moved domains away from them because of SOPA not long ago. Companies listens when customer actions hurt their bottom line, and that's about it.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 09:41:47 AM

They specifically said if I don't provide proof of all MoneyPak reloads, that I'm out of luck. Sad
They were lying. You'll get the money back, it just might take 180 days.

TizzyTazzy (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 10:25:55 AM

They specifically said if I don't provide proof of all MoneyPak reloads, that I'm out of luck. Sad

How exactly would I get the money back if they stated otherwise?

Infact, today I logged into my account once again to print out some documents for future reference and now my account balance says $0 and I cannot even access transaction history..  Huh

JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2012, 10:46:51 AM

Its not forgery, they were actual transactions. You're providing records of them after-the-fact. Use some invoice forms, create invoices for each transaction over the past 30 days with the corresponding dates. Stores keep their own merchant copies of receipts, they don't ask customers for their copies when its tax time. They only want your copies of the receipts/invoices.
They want receipts for the purchase of the paks. They want *his* copy of *their* receipts to prove that he has some legitimate connection with the purchase of the paks. He can't create those receipts because he wasn't even a party to the transaction they record.

Green dot neither sells nor advertises MoneyPak as suitable for person-to-person transactions.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
Ari

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 08:14:49 PM

I'm not sure what your saying here? They want EVERY receipt and even if I was able to get a hold of every single person I've traded with, I highly doubt any of them decided to keep the receipt, and I would need ALL of them to have the receipt.
I have the receipt, and have offered it to you.
WiseOldOwl

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2012, 09:35:35 PM

Not sure if any of you remember but I went through this last year,
I got a hold of a greendot founder (His cell phone somehow), he said that he loved gold and bitcoin, but there was no way in hell moneypak would ever be dealing with bitcoins and its companies simply because they are competition and his higher ups and the fed would not allow it. Straight up no BS.

This among other things,
Sorry but you are not supposed to cash in other peoples money packs on a business entity level.

This info is of last july but I doubt any of the underlying reasons have changed.

I also got all accounts closed (business and personal despite they werent linked with transactions) after breaking no rule, And i know the rules, at US Bank. Got a call and letter from the president or VP or someshit saying that they will not be involved in the business type. No summary of what i did. No formal anything other than a letter and a personal phone call saying basically, "you didnt do anything wrong but we dont like you so sorry."

So dont expect any help from the main stream.
Not until they need us will they help us or work with us openly, then the bandwagon will be so full its ridiculous. These institutions will cease to exist if they dont scramble for a piece of our pie.

Sorry but say goodbye to the money most likely. At the very least your accounts.
CoinLab

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

1CoinLabF5Avpp5kor41ngn7prTFMMHFVc

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2012, 07:41:17 PM

Filing a complaint with the company's local Better Business Bureau might help you get a response if you think they are ignoring you.
imanikin

Activity: 702
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 08:37:08 PM

My opinion is: sue them in small claims! It will be fun! If you are in America, some states allow a lawyer in small claims court, if you wish.

They will have to task their lawyer to fight it. So, it will cost them more than you, if you do it yourself.

rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 09:12:04 PM

My opinion is: sue them in small claims! It will be fun! If you are in America, some states allow a lawyer in small claims court, if you wish.

They will have to task their lawyer to fight it. So, it will cost them more than you, if you do it yourself.

You can't really lose doing this, other than some of your time, since it is often a guaranteed win. They will usually tell the company to try to settle beforehand, and most companies usually will to keep from wasting time. However, as part of the settlement, you may be prevented from suing them again in the future.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
pekv2

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 10:59:11 PM

TizzyTazzy, are you going to try to fight this?
bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

rippleFanatic

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 11:10:31 PM

Its not forgery, they were actual transactions. You're providing records of them after-the-fact. Use some invoice forms, create invoices for each transaction over the past 30 days with the corresponding dates. Stores keep their own merchant copies of receipts, they don't ask customers for their copies when its tax time. They only want your copies of the receipts/invoices.
They want receipts for the purchase of the paks. They want *his* copy of *their* receipts to prove that he has some legitimate connection with the purchase of the paks. He can't create those receipts because he wasn't even a party to the transaction they record.

Green dot neither sells nor advertises MoneyPak as suitable for person-to-person transactions.

I see this now, tough situation.

Agree. "They" was just one person on the other end of the telephone, not the final arbiter of company decisions. Try back and you'll likely hear something different from somebody else.

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2012, 06:37:14 AM

Agree. "They" was just one person on the other end of the telephone, not the final arbiter of company decisions. Try back and you'll likely hear something different from somebody else.
I agree. Eventually, they should agree that if nobody else claims them in some reasonable amount of time, you are entitled to the money, not them. (But they may well tell you to never do business with them again, which is their right.)

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
drudgeboat

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 05:05:02 AM

Hi Tizzy, I'm sorry to hear some jerk is putting you through so much trouble! Sad Just for the record, I traded my MoneyPak with Tizzy a few weeks ago and it was smooth as butter. He is a great guy and it's a real shame to see someone try to play him like this.

I'm not sure if I still have my MoneyPak receipt, but I will try and dig it up for you! Best of luck friend and I hope you get this all squared away soon (and aren't scared away from future MoneyPak transactions Smiley )
TizzyTazzy (OP)

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 10:23:58 AM

Update on the situation:

A manager was suppose to be calling me, after a week of no calls (5 business days) I called them.

Explained the very long situation to the guy who answered who said he will be calling a manager every hour until they let him know that they called me.

Few hours later I get a call and basically the manager preaches the same thing-- in order to obtain the funds I need to provide proof of purchase. Me and him go back and fourth, he basically starts to say they need "some sort of proof" and then I go on to explain well what more proof than you need, I have the MoneyPak numbers, I didn't just pull that out of a hat.

Still getting no where I insist on talking to who ever is ahead of him and he states this is impossible, I then talk some more to this guy saying this is unacceptable, if you cannot do anything for me to fix this then I need to talk to someone else. I also have already told him that I'd have to take this to small claims court but that didn't seem to affect his responses.

After some more going back and fourth, he puts me on hold for about 2-3 minutes and comes back stating that if after 10 days from this phone call no  disputes open up, we'll then mail you a check within 7 business days (after those 10 days).

This is more acceptable so I thank him for his time and hang up.

Interesting though, their own TOS states people can't file disputes after 10 days (and it has already been well over 10 days for all MoneyPak reloads now) and that they have to prove you stole the MoneyPak, not prove you bought the MoneyPak.

All well, as long as I get my money within the time frame stated above I will be happy. I've now switched away from WM MoneyCard and using MangoMoney to accept MoneyPaks now.. Lesson learned though, I will be making sure everyone pays cash for the MoneyPaks and provide me a receipt with my name on it.

pekv2

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 05:11:25 PM

Update on the situation:

A manager was suppose to be calling me, after a week of no calls (5 business days) I called them.

Explained the very long situation to the guy who answered who said he will be calling a manager every hour until they let him know that they called me.

Few hours later I get a call and basically the manager preaches the same thing-- in order to obtain the funds I need to provide proof of purchase. Me and him go back and fourth, he basically starts to say they need "some sort of proof" and then I go on to explain well what more proof than you need, I have the MoneyPak numbers, I didn't just pull that out of a hat.

Still getting no where I insist on talking to who ever is ahead of him and he states this is impossible, I then talk some more to this guy saying this is unacceptable, if you cannot do anything for me to fix this then I need to talk to someone else. I also have already told him that I'd have to take this to small claims court but that didn't seem to affect his responses.

After some more going back and fourth, he puts me on hold for about 2-3 minutes and comes back stating that if after 10 days from this phone call no  disputes open up, we'll then mail you a check within 7 business days (after those 10 days).

This is more acceptable so I thank him for his time and hang up.

Interesting though, their own TOS states people can't file disputes after 10 days (and it has already been well over 10 days for all MoneyPak reloads now) and that they have to prove you stole the MoneyPak, not prove you bought the MoneyPak.

All well, as long as I get my money within the time frame stated above I will be happy. I've now switched away from WM MoneyCard and using MangoMoney to accept MoneyPaks now.. Lesson learned though, I will be making sure everyone pays cash for the MoneyPaks and provide me a receipt with my name on it.

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man, I very happy for you. Congratulations.
Valalvax

Activity: 437

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 03:45:36 AM

Time to lawyer up or contact a consumer rights service.

Agreed. If you brought it to a court they would probably just decide to give you the benefit of the doubt. It's not like its one of their larger accounts that they should worry about.

How would I go about doing this? Would I actually need a lawyer? I have around $1000 stuck on the card so wouldn't it be pointless with the money I'd have to spend?

I've never been in a situation where I needed to take anyone to court and I always figured it would never be worth it.. But man I really want to do it for the principal of that matter too.. This is just bullshit.

For 1000 dollars, Small Claims court, no lawyers are allowed, it's cheaper than regular court

Edit: DERP
Herodes

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 08:49:45 AM

TizzyTazzy: I hope this will be sorted out. I know it can be a big head ache to fight against big corporations.

Don't give up!

J.Socal

Activity: 495
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 09:27:09 AM

ever read the back of the m.pak.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: