Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:23:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Nanocoin] Revolutionary Geographic Based Distribution [LAUNCH SOON]  (Read 5734 times)
nanocoind (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 03:54:17 PM

e,I really not understand this "95% Distributed Through Geolocal Faucets "?  Huh

We will have more details on our geographic faucet system soon but essentially the majority of coins will be distributed by being in the vicinity of an active geographic location based faucet. Our goal is that publiclity of these facucets and their simplicity will increase adoption rate while maintain fair distribution.
minerpools

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 07:25:33 PM

https://nano.minerpools.com/ Ready for launch!

nanocoind (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 07:28:21 AM

We have officially released the source code and open source core GUI/QT clients for Windows, Mac and Linux. Over the next 5 days proof-of-work blocks will only reward the minimum amount of 0.0001 XNC in order to allow everyone to download the clients and prepare their mining setup. After the grace period regular mining will commence for 75,000 blocks (1 month).

You can download the clients on our website: https://nanocoin.io

We encourage you to read the source code: https://github.com/nanocoin-project/nanocoin

We have also made a JS nanocore client available: https://github.com/nanocoin-project

The block explorer we have launched is here: https://chain.nanocoin.io

We have launched 5 dedicated nodes to ensure the network will remain stable while it grows.

ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 12:44:06 PM

Over the next 5 days proof-of-work blocks will only reward the minimum amount of 0.0001 XNC in order to allow everyone to download the clients and prepare their mining setup.

So this means my wallet should have at least 0.0001 XNC in order to start mining?

And I found a typo - Reddcoin ?
https://github.com/nanocoin-project/nanocoin

License
Reddcoin is released under the terms of the MIT license. See COPYING for more information or see http://opensource.org/licenses/MIT.

nanocoind (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 05:36:12 PM

Over the next 5 days proof-of-work blocks will only reward the minimum amount of 0.0001 XNC in order to allow everyone to download the clients and prepare their mining setup.

So this means my wallet should have at least 0.0001 XNC in order to start mining?

And I found a typo - Reddcoin ?
https://github.com/nanocoin-project/nanocoin

License
Reddcoin is released under the terms of the MIT license. See COPYING for more information or see http://opensource.org/licenses/MIT.

No the minimum amount of reward per block allowed is the minimum transaction fee which for Nanocoin is 0.0001 XNC.

So you can scrypt mine starting now but you will only receive 0.0001 XNC per block which for most people is not worth the electricity. This is to give people time to setup their mining and get the client working, this grace period will last about 5 days and on block 7501 blocks will receive their full reward.

I fixed the typo, thank you - we used their README as a template for our core wallet since they did a nice job. I don't think they would mind considering how often they borrow from other projects.
nanocoind (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 05:38:56 PM

We had some minor issues with the initial chain, so I restarted the chain. If you downloaded the chain before this announcement you may need to clear your blockchain folder and resync. Everything seems stable now, please ask questions if you have any.
nanocoind (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 06:15:15 PM

We will have the compiled Arm/Pi client up soon too.
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 06:24:30 PM

If you're going to make a scam coin, at least get the spelling of certain words correct, lol.  Grammar as well.

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
teppupkcos

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 06:26:56 PM

Looks good, how do i mine this does you have instructions ?
Distribution you sale 5% for Dev is this the pre mine ?

jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 06:37:07 PM

Mac wallet does not work.
nanocoind (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 06:46:56 PM

We are working on this now, it works on some machines that have a library that is currently not statically linked. Does the daemon included with the OSX package work for you?
nanocoind (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 06:48:47 PM

Looks good, how do i mine this does you have instructions ?
Distribution you sale 5% for Dev is this the pre mine ?

5% will be held by Nanocoin Developers to sell on exchanges if extra funding is needed. We plan to hold half our share and sell half once we finish discussions with Bittrex. We hope giving people many avenues to obtain Nanocoin will diversify distribution which is essential to security while we wait for beacon distribution to start.
teppupkcos

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 07:06:09 PM

how will beacon distribution work. what is to stop ppl setting up a nodes and gaming system.
can you enlighten me on process of distribution pls.
is this like airdrop country type coins
nanocoind (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 07:19:36 PM

how will beacon distribution work. what is to stop ppl setting up a nodes and gaming system.
can you enlighten me on process of distribution pls.
is this like airdrop country type coins

Beacon distribution will be initiated when enough users meet a specific stake threshold in a geographic area, it will unlock a geographic faucet. Anyone who is within range of the faucet and has the Nano client running will receive Nanocoins. Faucets will be open for three days and will not be allowed to be reopened in that geographic area until a threshold of faucets have been opened in other areas around the world to ensure wide distribution. This is very different than the standard Airdrop, 1. Its focus is on wide and diverse distribution, 2. It is handled in a decentralized way and initiated by the community, 3. It demonstrates many of the features in the proprietary Nano wallet.
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 07:20:52 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2015, 07:39:07 PM by jc12345

We are working on this now, it works on some machines that have a library that is currently not statically linked. Does the daemon included with the OSX package work for you?

No.

dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/db48/libdb_cxx-4.8.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/nanocoind
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap: 5
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 10:39:52 PM

is there a .conf file for this Nanocoin Windows QT?

Xdragon

Activity: 543
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 10:46:51 PM

Which algo?
nomad13666
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 01:08:21 AM

Which algo?

Script?

Can we mine nano yet?
nanocoind (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 10:47:17 AM

Sorry we are going to postpost the launch, we tried to do some test transfers using our proprietary client and unfortunately the community version of the client was not registering them at all. We thought we had these issues worked out, it is difficult working with two different clients sometimes.

We will try to have it ready within the next 5 days, and we will launch we all QT clients OSX, Windows and Linux working without issue to ensure everyone has a fair chance to mine.
polesdav

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 10:52:58 AM

For the exchange you can ask @yobit (can add your coin but not manage the foundraising)

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange
█████████    <<  ● Trade Over 140 Cryptos  ● Multicoin Dice and Lottery  >>
██████████    <<  ● Secure Platform API Support  ● Intuitive Interface with Chat  >>
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: