Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:06:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New ZiftrCOIN Presale Launched!  (Read 20973 times)
cadexn

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 06:33:05 AM

NO.

No, you're not.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ZWGuy

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 06:59:17 AM

Here is another one. Premined 4.5% Selling coins pre-launch, and devs say they can't prove that their BTC wallet has the coins that they claim as they are moved to various addresses throughout the cloud.

Said that they will get coins into one cold-storage wallet in the near future aka they will wait until enough suckers send them BTC in exchange for crapcoins.

OH and they have deals worked out with retailers just like PayCoin.

When will it fucking stop?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=894605.0

I'm going to respond to this here because the absolute last thing I want is to (even temporarily) hijack that 700 page paycoin2 thread.

We know people will have issue with the premine, but it's necessary for our goals. Most of those coins are being given away (100 coins at a time) to current and any future Ziftr users. The idea is to give people that have never used (or even heard of) bitcoin a "significant amount" of coins to play with and get them using crypto currency. Some of the coins are being sold in the presale right now to speed along development of Ziftr products. The remaining coins are being put aside for the company (employees, investors, future development etc). However we're also doing something that no other alt has done before (to our knowledge). The company coins will be locked up by the blockchain (unspendable) for 1 to 4 years, meaning we can't pump and dump those coins.

No one wants the presale BTC to be public more than me. I bring it up practically daily at the office. A large chunk of the presale wasn't in BTC though. For example 10x Ventures purchased $150k worth in cash (as reported by coinbase http://www.coindesk.com/e-commerce-software-developer-ziftr-raises-600k-altcoin-crowdsale/).
They're a legitimate VC firm so that should at least add a little credibility.
T0urist

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 07:10:03 AM

I think this coin is legit actually. But I don't like the pre-sale. The total supply mined over 10 years will be 10,000,000,000. One bitcoin for just 1,300 seems WAY overpriced. That implies a marketcap of 25 million after.

But yeah, it's got a convincing case so far other than that.
why cant people fund raise the old fashioned way on kickstarter etc. Or staged presale. sell x amount max per week so people see it transparently used as it goes.

i havent and wont buy into presales because it looks like one giant btc grab at the start. implement and get cash as you go. or angel investors.... maybe individuals are easier to get funds out of? just wish there was a way to hold groups accountable?
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 07:11:21 AM

NO.

No, you're not.
Yes.

Yes, you are.    NOT
Joori

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

Just an average guy with an average job!

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 09:53:07 AM

I don't trust any site that reports on coins yet has their ads plastered all over them and then removes those ads later on Shocked

waxo

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 09:55:33 AM

FUCK ICO

petermike

Activity: 343
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 10:01:21 AM

When ziftrCOIN launches Huh
Altcoin Agent

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 10:31:16 AM

How do you intend to guarantee the value of at least $1 per Ziftrcoin coupon ?
Guaranteeing the price of a coin has been tried by some companies/organizations before and they have ALL failed, either by not really trying ( i.e. : scammy promises ) or by underestimating the massive, MASSIVE ammount of buying power needed to support a coin that's being dumped.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 10:32:05 AM

Guaranteeing the price of a coin has been tried by some companies/organizations before and they have ALL failed, either by not really trying ( i.e. : scammy promises ) or by underestimating the massive, MASSIVE ammount of buying power needed to support a coin that's being dumped.

And it is fraudulent to fix a price.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
FinalHash

Activity: 108

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 03:37:55 PM

Is it possible Ebay and Amazon will accept payment using Ziftrcoin?

I am not going to say anything about that. Other folks been gettin lit up for saying stuff like this. From my perspective amazon and other online guys have to be super careful around some things.  But i will say that e-commerce is only part of the play here with ziftr.  POS terminal integration I will say is on the roadmap.
FinalHash

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 03:42:50 PM

Yeah great point here bud.  Here are the facts.

1.  Everybody whose got coins coming to them in the organization has to vest their coins for 4 years.  Meaning they are physically locked down on the chain.
2.  The dollar guarantee is only for UP TO 5% of the purchase price when used on the ziftrPay network.  This means if you want 100$ worth of something and lets say on cryptsy it is being traded for 70 cents, then for that purchase you can get 5$ in coupons basically. Now if cryptsy or any other exchange is runnning over 1$, you can use them all for the current exchange price.  So no this is not saying a floor blah blah blah. This makes sense. And great question actually.
FinalHash

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 03:45:01 PM

They never said anything about boosting pricing on an exchange bro bro... EVER!  That is just a fruitless endeavour

ZWGuy

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 05:16:53 PM

No price fixing or scams here. We try to answer many of these questions on our FAQ:
https://www.ziftrcoin.com/what-is-ziftrcoin/faq/

We're not going to buy up ziftrCoin on exchanges. The market will decide its price there. We're making it so that the coin can be redeemed for $1 when used within our merchant network for up to 5% of the purchase price, regardless of the open market value of the coin. This comes from the advertising dollars that we would get as part of the sale. So there is no risk of underestimating anything because the redemption value is tied directly to a revenue stream.

As part of this, we're also working to make sure that purchases made within our network can be done in any crypto currency we support and with multiple payment types at once. For example you could pay for 95% of your purchase with a credit card (or bitcoin) and the remaining 5% in ziftrCoins.
ZWGuy

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 07:18:44 PM

I think this coin is legit actually. But I don't like the pre-sale. The total supply mined over 10 years will be 10,000,000,000. One bitcoin for just 1,300 seems WAY overpriced. That implies a marketcap of 25 million after.

But yeah, it's got a convincing case so far other than that.
why cant people fund raise the old fashioned way on kickstarter etc. Or staged presale. sell x amount max per week so people see it transparently used as it goes.

i havent and wont buy into presales because it looks like one giant btc grab at the start. implement and get cash as you go. or angel investors.... maybe individuals are easier to get funds out of? just wish there was a way to hold groups accountable?

This is a copy/paste from our FAQ but I think it covers the presale topic well. We do raise capital the old fashioned way, but there are some other benefits to a presale (in addition to more funding).

Really, a Presale? Why have a Presale if you're so legit? -

The Presale helps to generate interest, it helps to distribute coins early on and it helps fund further development of ziftrCOIN projects and features. Ziftr is a young but established, company located in the United States. We're a startup but have 35+ employees already and we want to keep growing. We don’t know what we will raise in the Presale, but we can assure you that whatever it is, if you split it 35 ways, no one is going to be running off to live a life of luxury on a tropical island paid for by scammed coins. There are already countless man-hours and millions of dollars of real investor money put into ziftrCOIN and the many features being built around it. It simply doesn't make economic sense to put in so much time, money and effort for the sake of a scam coin Presale. Check out our multi-coin wallet on Android (currently in beta testing) to see some of the work we've already done. And take a look at ziftrSHOP, our marketplace where you can search for the best price on products from tens of thousands of retailers.
Aur3

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Embrace change

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 08:43:33 PM

Everybody whose got coins coming to them in the organization has to vest their coins for 4 years.  Meaning they are physically locked down on the chain.

This is really smart and something that other coins will do in the future to show the commitment of the team to the long term goal...just like how stock options vest after a certain time frame for employees.

Let's make a change. Change makes you better. Change makes you smarter. Change makes you healthier.
StephenMorse

Activity: 88
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 10:57:49 PM

This is how the $1 redemption value will work:

The fee that ziftr gets here is called an affiliate fee, and is basically a reward that services get for bringing merchants new customers. So in this is a simple case, you have a $100 purchase, and you have to give 5 ziftrCOINs to get 5% off.

Now say you're buying something for $20 bucks. Then you can get 5% off your purchase ($1 off), by paying with 1 ziftrCOIN and $19. So the $1 minimum is guaranteed at checkout for up to 5% of purchase value. If your purchase is smaller, you need to give fewer ziftrCOINs to get the 5%. Does that make sense?

The $1 minimum is not guaranteed on any exchanges or anywhere else other than within our merchant network. So the coin will probably be helpful and a good deal for you if you do a lot of online shopping.
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 12:09:20 AM

This is how the $1 redemption value will work:

The fee that ziftr gets here is called an affiliate fee, and is basically a reward that services get for bringing merchants new customers. So in this is a simple case, you have a $100 purchase, and you have to give 5 ziftrCOINs to get 5% off.

Now say you're buying something for $20 bucks. Then you can get 5% off your purchase ($1 off), by paying with 1 ziftrCOIN and $19. So the $1 minimum is guaranteed at checkout for up to 5% of purchase value. If your purchase is smaller, you need to give fewer ziftrCOINs to get the 5%. Does that make sense?

The $1 minimum is not guaranteed on any exchanges or anywhere else other than within our merchant network. So the coin will probably be helpful and a good deal for you if you do a lot of online shopping.

THIS makes sense, Steve:

If someone purchases merchandise or services from one of your affiliates, for 100 dollars, they will have to pay 95 of those dollars with fiat or coin equivalent at whatever price market has it at the time. The other 5 dollars can be paid with 5 of your coins. If those coins were purchased at the rate of 25 cents per unit, and assuming the price has not gone down, they'll have a 3.75% discount after the buyer redeems his/her 5 coins ($5 minus the cost of purchase in the pre-sale, $1.25). To redeem 1000 coins, one would have to make 200 different purchases...

Obviously this is nothing but a meaningless gimmick, poorly "explained" on purpose in the hope people deceive themselves.

As for the other "enticing" aspect of this project -"participating in a coin with a lot of cool things..."- nah, it's just another copy/paste hackjob/shitcoin.

But, by all means, you be the judge. I simply explain, really explain, what it is that the gimmicks are here.
StephenMorse

Activity: 88
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 02:12:32 AM
Last edit: January 06, 2015, 02:54:01 PM by StephenMorse

THIS makes sense, Steve:

If someone purchases merchandise or services from one of your affiliates, for 100 dollars, they will have to pay 95 of those dollars with fiat or coin equivalent at whatever price market has it at the time. The other 5 dollars can be paid with 5 of your coins. If those coins were purchased at the rate of 25 cents per unit, and assuming the price has not gone down, they'll have a 3.75% discount after the buyer redeems his/her 5 coins ($5 minus the cost of purchase in the pre-sale, $1.25). To redeem 1000 coins, one would have to make 200 different purchases...

Obviously this is nothing but a meaningless gimmick, poorly "explained" on purpose in the hope people deceive themselves.

As for the other "enticing" aspect of this project -"participating in a coin with a lot of cool things..."- nah, it's just another copy/paste hackjob/shitcoin.

But, by all means, you be the judge. I simply explain, really explain, what it is that the gimmicks are here.

Amongst all the FUD you are spreading, you have one valid point: it's not completely 5% off the purchase because there is a cost associated with getting the ziftrCOINs in the first place. To that I would just say that if 3.75% free money off your purchase isn't enough incentive for you to participate in the pre-sale, then that's fine, just don't. But there's really no need to spread a bunch of FUD like this about a company that's been around since 2008, has 35 employees, and is VC funded: http://www.marketwired.com/press-release/ziftrcoin-crowdsale-passes-500000-during-first-two-days-of-presale-1979276.htm.

But the cost to getting ziftrCOINs isn't pegged to the ~$0.25 that is required in the pre-sale. If you get your coins via mining, or giveaways, or on an exchange, they will still be valid within the ziftrCOIN network for the $1 each. In those cases, the cost of getting the ziftrCOINs could be much lower, and it would be more like 4.9% off your purchase. And I most certainly had no intention of deceiving anyone about how the discount process will work, I thought the picture and multi-paragraph response would explain it well enough.

It may also be good to note that if ziftrCOINs are trading above $1 then the 5% limit is removed and you can spend as many of them at checkout as you like. In addition, we will be doing limited giveaways to get people some free coins to play with, so they can realize that cryptocurrency isn't too hard or complicated, and they can use it in the real world.

I know the crypto community has been been scammed a lot before, and it sucks. But please take the time to read what we are doing and give critical, constructive feedback.
ZWGuy

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 02:27:00 AM

THIS makes sense, Steve:

How are we explaining this poorly or trying to deceive anyone? If you have any suggestions or specific complaints we'd actually really like to hear them so we can try and fix it. Everywhere that the $1 redemption value is mentioned (in news articles, on our website, and answers to questions here) we try to explain it and clearly state the limitations and where the value comes from.

As for being a gimmick, the purpose of the coin isn't to give users a guaranteed 5% discount on all their purchases and we've never pomoted it this way. The purpose of the coin is to incentivize new people to start using crypto currency. The $1 value is part of that incentive. It also adds buy pressure to the open market and gives the coin a backing (from our profit stream) which, as far as I know, no other alt has done. As I mentioned above, we're also making it so that users can purchase products entirely using ziftrCoin, bitcoin, and many other alts coins such as litecoin and dogecoin at market value. In this way our coin is as useful as any other alt and we're working to make all crypto currency (bitcoin and alts) more useful and as such more valuable.

You don't need to make 200 different purchases to redeem 1000 coins. You could do it with just a few large purchases. A high end mattress or some new living room furniture, for example, and those 1000 coins would already have paid for themselves. For another more personal example, I spent about $6000 in online purchases in 2014. If I had 1000 ziftrCoins purchased at 25 cents that would be $250. Assuming I was able to use ziftrCoins in all my purchases (a big assumption perhaps), then I would have been able to pay for $300 of my online purchases with ziftrCoins. In this example I would be up $50 and still have 700 coins to either sell on the open market or save for future purchases. I'd hardly call that meaningless.

If you could get a roughly 3.75% discount on top of already getting the lowest price (we do this already see www.ziftr.com) from the merchant of your choice by just clicking a few buttons would you not do it? If you've ever been shopping in a state with sales tax during a "tax holiday" you'll have seen that people will go crazy over what is effectively a 5% discount.

Lastly, our coin does have new features beyond revenue stream backing. These include sign to mine and coin age as a tie breaker. Both of these and more are detailed in our white paper. Unlike many other alt coins we have a full and experienced development team and we proudly list the members and all their contact details on our websites. The coin is still in development so the source code is kept private (it WILL be released with a functional testnet prior to official launch). Calling it a copy/paste hackjob is quite the accusation considering no one has seen the source for the coin or any of the tools we've been building around it.
ashleygrey08

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 06:07:13 AM

Exciting! "Bitcoin Exchanges Add ZiftrCOIN Listing Prior to Presale End"
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: