Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:39:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [10 BTC prize] Logo design contest for my company  (Read 2602 times)
BadBitcoin (James Sutton) (OP)
Donator

Activity: 452
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 05:15:07 PM

Hey Designers,

I am the co-founder of Ceres Manufacturing Group Ltd, or CMG as we are looking to brand ourselves. We are a start-up manufacturing systems company working on a laser-based rapid prototyping system. Our rapid prototyping system uses a proprietary control and feed system to efficiently create custom parts in a range of sizes that far exceeds our competitors.

Our company consists entirely of people under 30 and we are looking to subtly portray this youth and freshness in our logo. Further rapid prototyping is a very progressive part of the manufacturing industry and this should be shown in the logo design. However the manufacturing industry in general is traditional and consists of old corporate powerhouses so we also need a logo with refinement and class. A similar visual scheme, though slightly less refined than we would like, can be found at  www.ministryofsupply.com.

In short we are looking for a subtle portrayal of freshness, innovation and radical progress while maintaining a complete commitment to professionalism, refinement, class, efficiency and practicality all in a relatively simple design.

Unless you have a solid alternative, we would like "CMG" as a centerpiece.

Preferred colour choices would be white/black/greyscale with emerald green accents, but we are open to alternatives.

The Contest will end when we receive a design we will use as our logo. If the contestants prefer, we can hold the bitcoins in escrow for the duration of the contest.

Please note that we require a transfer of the copyright for the final product to our name. This is a fundamental requirement of any submitted design.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
str4wm4n
Legendary

Activity: 1611
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 08:29:00 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2012, 10:44:18 PM by str4wm4n

oops lol
fatigue

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Bitcoin is a food group.

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 08:44:23 PM

LOL fail man... It's CMG not CGM.
Donator

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 11:13:04 PM

oops lol

quite bland, I was looking for some sort of use of the information I provided in the design as inspiration. Using the CMG text is great, but actually having something going on either with the letters or as an accent would be preferred.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2012, 12:21:12 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2012, 02:14:45 PM by TECSHARE

Here are my submissions, please let me know if you would like any modifications. If you want color it can easily be added, just tell me which design you like best.
If you find one of these satisfactory, please submit payment to: 13HBi4oq7FrvhZ4tPnGMFHhB3RjG3A2d8m and I will PM you links to high resolution and vector versions of the logo.

Phraust

Activity: 206

Mostly Harmless...

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2012, 01:08:06 AM

Here are my submissions, please let me know if you would like any modifications.
If you find one of these satisfactory, please submit payment to: 13HBi4oq7FrvhZ4tPnGMFHhB3RjG3A2d8m and I will PM you links to high resolution and vector versions of the logo.

Great minds think alike I guess.  I was working on these:

http://bitcoin.phraust.com/CMG/

Eerily similar... 

1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2012, 03:47:14 AM

CMG

75RTUGA

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 02:01:10 PM

My contribuition!  Smiley

Deus abençoe o Bitcoin! Em nome do Pai, do Filho e... do gajo-que-inventou-os-bitcoins! Abençoem-me a mim: 1Hun42aWd3G8XfuLKRZWmYpvuRJyh5xvMi !!! P O K E R HOURLY F R E E R O L L :  https://nitrogensports.eu/r/354448 !!! Visit: https://bits2u.com/?ref=9790
Donator

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 03:37:04 PM

Here are my submissions, please let me know if you would like any modifications.

Great minds think alike I guess.  I was working on these:

http://bitcoin.phraust.com/CMG/

Eerily similar... 

both of your designs are along the right vein of what I'm looking for, I am waiting for the other co-founder to come in and take a look, for the others; a design like the ones I quoted are very close to what were looking for, something similar to that with a potential tinge of color would be perfect.
artisbigshirts

Activity: 60

dwda

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2012, 04:04:05 PM

I just got my contributions together, hopefully the final decision hasn't been made.

//Kevin Risinger;
//Graphic Design;
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=30623.0

//Donation Address;
1GgFzhP2ef
Donator

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 05:09:19 PM

I just got my contributions together, hopefully the final decision hasn't been made.

The contest is open until tomorrow at least, we haven't found any designs to be "exactly what were looking for", however there are a few getting close.

Your design is great, however the M is a little too similar to the gmail logo, if you could change that to something else that would work better.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2012, 12:32:47 AM

Updates with color:

If you have any other feedback that might help me perfect these please let me know.
Phraust

Mostly Harmless...

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2012, 04:25:18 AM

Okay, one minor change in my favorite:

If I were to change anything else, I'd probably reduce the number of radial lines in the laser pattern in the "G" to increase clarity.  Maybe use a thicker font.
artisbigshirts

dwda

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2012, 04:33:05 AM

Updated my logo:

//Kevin Risinger;
//Graphic Design;

//Donation Address;
1GgFzhP2ef
Donator

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 03:40:14 PM

Both of these designs have aspects we like. We really like the green radial lines in the G and the black line from the G to the C. Some combinations of these would likely be very close to what we are looking for.

One of the team, thought having a line from the G like in artisbigshirt's lower design but black, or graduated from black to green, going to the C with phraust's radials at the end would look perfect.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2012, 08:44:31 PM

artisbigshirts

dwda

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2012, 09:32:35 PM

How is this?

//Kevin Risinger;
//Graphic Design;

//Donation Address;
1GgFzhP2ef
Donator

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 06:05:30 PM

How is this?

we are currently debating between these two designs, however we will be deciding 4pm EST, so if any further designs are to be submitted, please do so before the deadline.

I appreciate all the designers hard work on this, and I'm starting to consider referring colleagues to this forum for design work.
Phraust

Mostly Harmless...

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2012, 08:08:22 PM

Here ya go!
artisbigshirts

dwda

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2012, 10:34:09 PM

we are currently debating between these two designs, however we will be deciding 4pm EST, so if any further designs are to be submitted, please do so before the deadline.
I appreciate all the designers hard work on this, and I'm starting to consider referring colleagues to this forum for design work.

I'm glad that bitcoin and bitcointalk.org proved to be a great platform to fulfill your design needs.
With more opportunities like this the more competition there will be, so I hope to see some of your colleagues on here soon.
Looking forward to the results of the competition.

//Kevin Risinger;
//Graphic Design;

//Donation Address;
1GgFzhP2ef
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: