Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:16:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to deal with DDOF attacks on bitcoin.  (Read 10540 times)
The Madhatter

Activity: 490
Merit: 509

My avatar pic says it all

View Profile
August 31, 2010, 03:57:54 AM

I think that payment methods on the markets should be negotiated by the buyer and seller directly.

Payment providers vary a lot between countries, continents, and even languages. Having the market railroad everyone into using the payment methods they prefer is wrong. I mean, how exactly is that a free market?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2010, 05:12:35 AM

I think that payment methods on the markets should be negotiated by the buyer and seller directly.

Payment providers vary a lot between countries, continents, and even languages. Having the market railroad everyone into using the payment methods they prefer is wrong. I mean, how exactly is that a free market?

Uh, you are already free to arrange whatever you want with whomever is willing. The fact that a site doesn't accept every form of payment, or even any form is not wrong.

The free market means that you are free to NOT associate with anyone you don't want to, not that site X has to facilitate your dealings no matter what. If you think there is some demand for a site that allows any type of payment then go for it. I can't even imagine what that would look like though.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Anonymous

August 31, 2010, 05:23:26 AM

I just encountered http://propay.com.  It seems interesting

Have you read their terms of use?
http://propay.com/legal-agreements/high-risk-acceptable-use-policy/

Anonymous

August 31, 2010, 05:48:57 AM

I am in favor of such a system.The more options available the better but some people like the easy option ie paypal but it sucks that the actions of a few bad eggs can mean your site gets put out of business. I think some kind of wiki or comparison engine for online payments might help and people could then roll their own payment method. Their are sites that do this for almost every other industry where the choice is confusing such as mobile phone plans so why not for the online payment industry?

mizerydearia

Activity: 574
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 31, 2010, 08:45:10 AM

I am in favor of such a system.The more options available the better but some people like the easy option ie paypal but it sucks that the actions of a few bad eggs can mean your site gets put out of business. I think some kind of wiki or comparison engine for online payments might help and people could then roll their own payment method. Their are sites that do this for almost every other industry where the choice is confusing such as mobile phone plans so why not for the online payment industry?

There is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_on-line_payment_service_providers

Since it's a wiki, why not create http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_on-line_payment_service_providers and follow similar structure of most other comparison pages at the site?

There are some nonwiki sites that provide comparison information already also:
http://www.paymentvision.com/Resource-Center/Payment-Services-Comparison.aspx
http://www.paymentgatewaydirectory.com/home.php
GoldRush

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2010, 03:26:31 PM

You have every freedom required start an exchange where that is the case, but it won't be the exchange that offers the lowest spreads.  A successful exchange will keep the overhead low for the customer.

It's a free market because anyone can start an exchange.  These are not centrally controlled businesses.  Exchanges that serve their customers the best will get the greatest reward (that's called "profit" for the entrepreneurally challenged).
Immanuel

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2010, 03:24:15 PM

People could just accept accept money orders to their actual name and real address. There's accountability and no chargebacks.

"I swear by my life, and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."
Anonymous

September 11, 2010, 04:29:46 AM

People could just accept accept money orders to their actual name and real address. There's accountability and no chargebacks.

Well of course. They could also be sent to a p.o.box to avoid stalkers  Tongue
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: