Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:27:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Vertcoin - 1 | ASIC - 0 | Lyra2RE | Decentralised | GPU Mineable | Open Source  (Read 415367 times)
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 02:55:20 PM

You noobs are going to be taken for a ride when this pump is over. I feel bad for anyone buying these highs thinking it's magically going to gain traction again. Such overextended, much downside. Wow.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 03:07:03 PM

You noobs are going to be taken for a ride when this pump is over. I feel bad for anyone buying these highs thinking it's magically going to gain traction again. Such overextended, much downside. Wow.

sad to say, but it's this kind of people that made all the altcoins possible; i.e. nobody buys = no coins
now you could say that we don't need all those altcoins... still they are important for innovation, imho.

volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 05:37:27 PM

Big up the Vert massive.
TheCoinFinder
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 06:20:59 PM

Anyone think we should start using https://www.thisisvtc.com now that Vert is (at least for now) back?

.Deviant.io.                ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄
             ▄█▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀█▄
           ██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
         ▄█▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄
        ▐█░░░▄████████████████▄░░
        █▌░░███▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▌▐█
        █▌░░█████▌  ▐▄▄   ██████░▐█
        ██░░▀██████████████████░▒██
        ▄██▄▄███▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀███▄░▄███▄
     ▄██▓▓▓██▓▓███▀▀▒▒▒▀▀███▓▓██▓▓▓▓██
    ▐█▓▓▓▓█▓██▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌▒▀████▓█▓▓▓
    ▀███████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀█▒▒▒████████▀
      ▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄█▀▒▒█▒██▀▒████▀
      ▐█▓█▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒▓▓▓▒▀▒▒▒▒▓██▓█▌
      ██▓█▌▒▒▒▒▒▒██▓████▓▒▒▒▓▓▒███▓█▌
      ▐█▓██▒▒▒▒███▀▒▒▒█▌▓▓▓██▀▒██▓█▌
       ██▒█▌▒▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▌▓██▀▒▒▒▒█▒██
        ██▒██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒██
         ▀█▓▓██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄██▓▓█▀
           ▀██▒▀█████▄█████▀▓██▀
         ▄▄▓▓▓█████▄▄▓▄▄█████▓▓▄▄

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▀▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓        ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓               ▐▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓               ▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓             ▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▄▄         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓         ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀      ▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          ▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▐▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌

░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓²         ` ║▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓              ╢▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓Γ    ▓╥  ╓▓┐    ▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓     ╙`   ╙     ▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓╥   ─,,  ,,─   ╓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓   `▓▓▓▀        ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▌            ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓       ,▄▄▓▓   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▄,▄▄   ▐▓▓▓▓▓   ▀▀ '▀▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▀▓▀▀▀       ▄▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓             ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▀       ▄▄▓▓▌   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▄,▄▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 06:24:04 PM

sad to say, but it's this kind of people that made all the altcoins possible; i.e. nobody buys = no coins
now you could say that we don't need all those altcoins... still they are important for innovation, imho.

So what changed from last week till now to justify over a 1000% move? With no fundamental backdrop, it's a clear-as-day P&D. Justify it however you want, but people buying these highs are going to be holding heavy bags when it deflates.
volyova
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 06:27:48 PM

So what changed from last week till now to justify over a 1000% move? With no fundamental backdrop, it's a clear-as-day P&D. Justify it however you want, but people buying these highs are going to be holding heavy bags when it deflates.
Are you concerned for those people, that you think will end up holding these "heavy bags"? You don't sound like a caring person..
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 06:40:03 PM

congrats vert, nice work.  is it legit or p&d?

lol Ryanpumper fag is "taking credit" for your price rise btw....given he "called it" back in Feb  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Cheesy

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
volyova
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 07:54:53 PM

Are you concerned for those people, that you think will end up holding these "heavy bags"? You don't sound like a caring person..

He is taking the time to warn people. What else would you expect of him?
Actually, he sounds like someone with weak hands, who dumped his Verts too early, i.e. when it was down, and is now consumed by bitterness and jealousy..meh..just my two cents..
jamesl22 (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 08:15:19 PM

New blog post:

https://vertcoin.org/wp/the-future-of-vertcoin/
silencesilence
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 08:35:59 PM

Hi @jamesl22  Smiley

thanks for the information, I hope a lot of people to get involved

we are with you, so that you are not alone .....

the community is large, although the price in last 1,5 year in all currency goes down

I bought again a few days ago several thousand and I will not sell until I see again the price of 1 dollar / I believe that the next BTC boom , VTC will get at least 3-4 dollars for 1 vert/

I believe that now is a good time to move forward in the development of next feature - elasticity, begins consolidation of the market in most currencies and dare to say that we expect a good year  Smiley

I wish you success!
compmaster

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 10:37:42 PM

Good coin but that doesn't matter to the open market. Either keep for years or sell soon. 2 to 4 million marketcap seems to be the magic number where people sell and it crashes down to $500,000 marketcap.

Good coin, bad time to get in on it.
compmaster

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 10:43:21 PM

lol Ryanpumper fag is "taking credit" for your price rise btw....given he "called it" back in Feb  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Cheesy

Ryanpumper must be getting pretty huge if he did this pump.
CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 11:16:03 PM

I think I know who is actually is in real life, he made a mistake.... Anyway, the scam is they just buy a little of everything low, take screenshots and wait for uptrend and call it. Then profit off fools paying for the "info"

I share most of the same picks for free. This is definitely a pump and this started along with several others on May 18th, 100% sure, charts tell the tale. That said, VTC is still a good coin so maybe this will be a positive for it. Don't buy at the top Wink

TheCoinFinder
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2015, 08:30:42 AM

I think I know who is actually is in real life, he made a mistake.... Anyway, the scam is they just buy a little of everything low, take screenshots and wait for uptrend and call it. Then profit off fools paying for the "info"

I share most of the same picks for free. This is definitely a pump and this started along with several others on May 18th, 100% sure, charts tell the tale. That said, VTC is still a good coin so maybe this will be a positive for it. Don't buy at the top Wink

Well, https://bitinfocharts.com/en/top-100-richest-vertcoin-addresses.html is quite informative.

Presuming that many of the top addresses aren't just Cryptsy or Bittrex (of course they could be, if anyone has information about this please share it) - there is an awful lot of accumulation going on of coins outside the exchanges - which you wouldn't expect to see in a simple PnD (because you would expect them to keep them on the exchanges at least I thought).

.Deviant.io.                ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄
             ▄█▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀█▄
           ██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
         ▄█▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄
        ▐█░░░▄████████████████▄░░
        █▌░░███▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▌▐█
        █▌░░█████▌  ▐▄▄   ██████░▐█
        ██░░▀██████████████████░▒██
        ▄██▄▄███▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀███▄░▄███▄
     ▄██▓▓▓██▓▓███▀▀▒▒▒▀▀███▓▓██▓▓▓▓██
    ▐█▓▓▓▓█▓██▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌▒▀████▓█▓▓▓
    ▀███████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀█▒▒▒████████▀
      ▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄█▀▒▒█▒██▀▒████▀
      ▐█▓█▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒▓▓▓▒▀▒▒▒▒▓██▓█▌
      ██▓█▌▒▒▒▒▒▒██▓████▓▒▒▒▓▓▒███▓█▌
      ▐█▓██▒▒▒▒███▀▒▒▒█▌▓▓▓██▀▒██▓█▌
       ██▒█▌▒▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▌▓██▀▒▒▒▒█▒██
        ██▒██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒██
         ▀█▓▓██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄██▓▓█▀
           ▀██▒▀█████▄█████▀▓██▀
         ▄▄▓▓▓█████▄▄▓▄▄█████▓▓▄▄

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▀▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓        ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓               ▐▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓               ▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓             ▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▄▄         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓         ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀      ▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          ▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▐▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌

░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓²         ` ║▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓              ╢▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓Γ    ▓╥  ╓▓┐    ▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓     ╙`   ╙     ▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓╥   ─,,  ,,─   ╓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓   `▓▓▓▀        ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▌            ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓       ,▄▄▓▓   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▄,▄▄   ▐▓▓▓▓▓   ▀▀ '▀▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▀▓▀▀▀       ▄▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓             ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▀       ▄▄▓▓▌   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▄,▄▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
centrafuge

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 11:50:01 AM

Is vertcoin.org down for anyone else? I really want to read the update... anyone care to share the gist of it?
silencesilence
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2015, 12:14:33 PM

Is vertcoin.org down for anyone else? I really want to read the update... anyone care to share the gist of it?

Vertans,

This has been an interesting week, with the price of VTC rising rapidly from less than $0.01 to peaking at $0.19 today. To many this has come as a surprise, me included, although I have always believed Vert was undervalued given its virtues. However, we are now at an impasse. We can either let this rise go unnoticed by the community and watch VTC fall back into the position it was a week ago or we can take action, and bring Vertcoin back to the limelight. On that note (and assuming everyone wants the latter option) I am calling for people to come forward and make things happen. With Adam extremely busy with his new start-up, this effectively leaves me as the only developer and I don’t want Vertcoin to be a one-man-band as it will not survive that way.

I need people to come forward who would be willing to help with any of the following:

Core wallet developers. This would require you to have some knowledge of C++ but do not feel that you need to be a guru. There are things to be done at many levels which could be completed by those with less experience than one might think. Getting involved with the project is a great way to improve your skills (I know I am a lot better as a result of my efforts here) and there’s no need to worry since nothing will be released without being thoroughly tested first.
Updating the website. I have done some work with this, but much of it is outdated and requires an overhaul. This would include removing any information pertaining to Scrypt-N since this just confuses newcomers to the coin. The website needs to be crystal clear and help people through the whole process from setting up the wallet to mining, buying or spending coins. Similarly, much of the wallet documentation is out of date and needs improving.
Merchant Monday. Some time ago there was an initiative called “Merchant Monday” where a Reddit member compiled a complete list of all the places where Vertcoin was accepted whilst calling on Reddit users to petition for another merchant to start accepting VTC as well. This was a great initiative which saw merchant acceptance expand hugely and I would like to see it return. If someone would like to restart and lead this initiative please get in touch. To that end, you may have noticed VertVerser has been down for some time. I am working on getting this back up and running since it was a really good way of allowing people to easily spend Vertcoin wherever Bitcoin was accepted.
What’s next? In the road-map we posted a few months back, we stated that elasticity was going to be the next feature we implemented. With the recent price jump I question whether this is the best course of action since it would be extremely experimental and I would not want to jeopardise this uptrend that many of us have been dreaming of for some time. Therefore, I would like to see a discussion within the community as to what new features they would like to see in Vertcoin’s future, whether that be elasticity or something else.
If you would like to get involved in any of these tasks, no matter how big or small you think your contribution might be, don’t hesitate to contact me at jameslovejoy1@gmail.com or on Reddit as /u/jamesl22.

I truly believe in Vertcoin’s mission and I think our future can be bright but only if we make it so ourselves. Otherwise, this rise will all be for nothing and I don’t want to see that happen.

Kind Regards,

James (jamesl22)

https://vertcoin.org/wp/the-future-of-vertcoin/
centrafuge

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 12:31:05 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2015, 01:14:48 PM by centrafuge

omfg I didn't realise a 0 has been added to the price  Shocked
centrafuge

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 12:34:20 PM

Sorry sillencesilence I forgot to thank you that was so unexpected. http://www.coinssource.com/markets-rally-from-chinese/ Is this the reason for the price rise? What do you guys think?
cnerd

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 12:41:29 PM

Sorry sillencesilence I forgot to thank you that was so unexpected. http://www.coinssource.com/markets-rally-from-chinese/ Is this the reason for the price rise? What do you guys think?
I think that the reason for the price rise is this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=765426.0
centrafuge

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 12:49:42 PM

I think that the reason for the price rise is this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=765426.0

How so the dates don't correlate at all?

On a side note can anyone tell me how to move the blockchain to a different drive as it is eating my SSD currently.

Thanks
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 137 »
  Print  

Jump to: