Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:50:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Vertcoin - 1 | ASIC - 0 | Lyra2RE | Decentralised | GPU Mineable | Open Source  (Read 415367 times)
mega

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 04:39:31 PM

Reading this:

https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/6586/we-are-dead-eth-asic-are-out

"We are Dead! - ETH ASIC are out!" - Ethereum forum.

I'm wondering if there is anyway to be ASIC resistant without changing algorithm.

Got my account back! It was hacked. Sorry about it :|

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VertyCoiny

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 04:44:01 PM

Reading this:

I'm wondering if there is anyway to be ASIC resistant without changing algorithm.
I don't think there is a way, but if the devs are willing to change whenever a Asic gets released for lyra then i don't think they will make asics. Otherwise it will not be very profitable for them lol
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 05:12:41 PM

Reading this:

I don't think there is a way, but if the devs are willing to change whenever a Asic gets released for lyra then i don't think they will make asics. Otherwise it will not be very profitable for them lol
It's a pre-order scam.
volyova
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 05:13:22 PM

There are no, and will never be any ETH asic.
etang6000

Activity: 241

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 09:31:32 PM

Why never? If a coin is popular enough they'll make an asic for it . I'm not saying it's good for the coin . Look at litecoin , it was super popular until asics hit .Vertcoin had asics when it was scrypt n ...well for a couple weeks until we forked.  Grin
volyova
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 10:06:02 PM

Why never? If a coin is popular enough they'll make an asic for it . I'm not saying it's good for the coin . Look at litecoin , it was super popular until asics hit .Vertcoin had asics when it was scrypt n ...well for a couple weeks until we forked.  Grin
There'll be no asics because ETH is going proof of stake in approx six months. So no time. Anyway, the eth founders have said that if one is developed they will tweak the algorithim. So zero chance of ETH asics appearing, I'm afraid.
etang6000

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 01:14:37 AM

There'll be no asics because ETH is going proof of stake in approx six months. So no time. Anyway, the eth founders have said that if one is developed they will tweak the algorithim. So zero chance of ETH asics appearing, I'm afraid.
If I'm not mistaken they are going to do some POS POW hybrid system
volyova
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 07:36:04 AM

Why never? If a coin is popular enough they'll make an asic for it . I'm not saying it's good for the coin . Look at litecoin , it was super popular until asics hit .Vertcoin had asics when it was scrypt n ...well for a couple weeks until we forked.  Grin
If I'm not mistaken they are going to do some POS POW hybrid system
It doesn't matter. If ASIC appear on the network, the founders have said they will tweak the algo. As I said above...
Johnny00

Activity: 896
Merit: 553

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 09:34:01 AM

Like like crash today. Will it keep dropping?

|
We plan to invest over
$1 billion in the regulated, licensed,
and legal businesses to build the IOB Mesh
|
Same Token,IOB
Multiple Regulated
Security Token
ICOs Across the World.
|
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
GITHUB
REDDIT
中文电报群
MEDIUM
BITCOINTALK
LINKEDIN
VertyCoiny

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 10:49:30 AM

Yes it will keep dropping, sell now before we go back to 5000sats!
Cmon man use your goddamn brains and look at the fucking chart and decide for yourself if it looks bullish or fkn bearish.
transparenttrader

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 11:20:29 AM

Yes it will keep dropping, sell now before we go back to 5000sats!
Cmon man use your goddamn brains and look at the fucking chart and decide for yourself if it looks bullish or fkn bearish.

Relax
mega

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 11:47:09 AM

http://www.coinstreetnews.com/2016/08/vertcoin-vtc/

Crypto analysts are saying VertCoin is a great coin and great investment.

It's normal that price is always going up and down. That doesn't mean anything about it compared to other metrics.

Keep cool, and buy some more if you can.

Cheers,

mega

Got my account back! It was hacked. Sorry about it :|
griffen1102

Activity: 229

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 02:31:16 PM

Capitulation is GOOD guys! Think about it from the market makers perspective.

Assume you are the MM, do you want me to make money?

No, because when I make money that is profit that you, the MM, didn't get and the whole purpose of being an MM is to maximize profit. Therefore, you need to manipulate the market into conditions that will fuck with the other traders mind to make them want to dump their bags and an MM can accomplish this in two ways. One way is to wait. Wait for a long time and over that course of time weaker hands will drop out. The other choice is to manipulate the market, which is what I believe we are seeing right now. However Vert is in a special spot right now because we are still hovering around the ATL. The MM knows he cant shake us out by bring the price down because most of us got in at a price that if he brought it to 1 sat then we would still hold.

So, if the MM cant bring the price lower how can he get more coins? Well what they are doing now is propping up price a little bit and trying to force you into taking a small profit as opposed to sticking in for the big run. A half ass-ed pump is the only way he can get us to capitulate out of frustration with VTC. This is why we are seeing this price action this past week IMO.

The big run feels like it is right around the corner and I hope we can all outlast this MM and celebrate at 200k  Grin
VertyCoiny

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 02:56:40 PM

No, because when I make money that is profit that you, the MM, didn't get and the whole purpose of being an MM is to maximize profit. Therefore, you need to manipulate the market into conditions that will fuck with the other traders mind to make them want to dump their bags and an MM can accomplish this in two ways. One way is to wait. Wait for a long time and over that course of time weaker hands will drop out. The other choice is to manipulate the market, which is what I believe we are seeing right now. However Vert is in a special spot right now because we are still hovering around the ATL. The MM knows he cant shake us out by bring the price down because most of us got in at a price that if he brought it to 1 sat then we would still hold.

So, if the MM cant bring the price lower how can he get more coins? Well what they are doing now is propping up price a little bit and trying to force you into taking a small profit as opposed to sticking in for the big run. A half ass-ed pump is the only way he can get us to capitulate out of frustration with VTC. This is why we are seeing this price action this past week IMO.

The big run feels like it is right around the corner and I hope we can all outlast this MM and celebrate at 200k  Grin
Interesting read, thank you!
VultureFund

Activity: 366
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 03:10:26 PM

True, but consider another option too:

New money, coming from recent profits from other coins, or coming from outside crypto, is entering VTC in a hurry, by market buying large orders. The MM, who doesn't want to pump yet, is trying by all means to keep the price low, expecting people to join in other pumps and sell their VTC.

What will happen is that if this new money keeps coming, the MM will be "forced" to pump or at least stop selling, cause if not he will lose his power at actual prices, and I'm sure he doesn't want that. Grin

I'm saying this cause in the last two weeks, I've bought 114.5 BTC in VTC, and I'm seeing that MM is getting nervous, cause I'm not the only one who's buying VTC in a large way. Wink Wink
griffen1102

Activity: 229

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 03:31:40 PM

New money, coming from recent profits from other coins, or coming from outside crypto, is entering VTC in a hurry, by market buying large orders. The MM, who doesn't want to pump yet, is trying by all means to keep the price low, expecting people to join in other pumps and sell their VTC.

What will happen is that if this new money keeps coming, the MM will be "forced" to pump or at least stop selling, cause if not he will lose his power at actual prices, and I'm sure he doesn't want that. Grin

I'm saying this cause in the last two weeks, I've bought 114.5 BTC in VTC, and I'm seeing that MM is getting nervous, cause I'm not the only one who's buying VTC in a large way. Wink Wink

This is also very true. I didn't consider the fact that MM might be running multiple markets, and pumping other coins is another great way to try and shake out folks, especially the new money.
etang6000

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 04:29:14 PM

This is also very true. I didn't consider the fact that MM might be running multiple markets, and pumping other coins is another great way to try and shake out folks, especially the new money.
After researching ETH some more , they're going POS sometime soon , so that mining power is going to have to go somewhere
transparenttrader

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 04:46:18 PM

After researching ETH some more , they're going POS sometime soon , so that mining power is going to have to go somewhere

May I ask what yourr are insinuating? Are you expecting that mining power to move to vert?
silencesilence
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2016, 05:16:21 PM

Don't forget every day 28 800 Vertcoin flow into the stock exchange !!!!!
And here's dump !!!

Very small part of them does't pass through the stock exchange !!!!

Maybe we'll come back around 0.00005000
VultureFund

Activity: 366
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 06:08:16 PM

Don't forget every day 28 800 Vertcoin flow into the stock exchange !!!!!
And here's dump !!!

Very small part of them does't pass through the stock exchange !!!!

Maybe we'll come back around 0.00005000

Please don't start with those mining bullshits. This is a super-classical shake out that nothing has to be with the fundamentals of the coin. Weak hands that bought the other day waiting for the major breakout at 10K will be selling at a loss and will jump at XRP and other "cool" shits of the day, and so on.

That's why you should never use TA supports or tendences in crypto. MM can draw the chart he wants, TA is just for you, not for him, so don't be fooled by the chart!!!

I give VTC 3 months to pump hard from here, not really worried about daily flows. Grin Grin Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 »
  Print  

Jump to: