Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 03:06:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Vertcoin - 1 | ASIC - 0 | Lyra2RE | Decentralised | GPU Mineable | Open Source  (Read 415366 times)
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 1103

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 02:02:38 PM

many miners go to zcash, from the standpoint of mining vrt looks good, but price ... and a view of the future looks badly oh badly  Roll Eyes
Zcash does look interesting. I'm waiting for it to settle before I do anything with it. The price started around 1.5 btc and now it's around .2 btc . The creator of vertcoin made that .

Poramin didn't make Zcash (or Zcoin). His former professor at Johns Hopkins, Matthew Green, is an author on both of the papers describing these protocols ( http://zerocoin.org/media/pdf/ZerocoinOakland.pdf and http://zerocash-project.org/media/pdf/zerocash-extended-20140518.pdf ), Poramin Insom is not. The creator of vertcoin (Poramin) implemented zerocoin, first in a closed source scam called Zerovert, and now later in a hugely instamined coin called Zcoin. He is unaffiliated with Zcash (which is also scammy) afaik.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wgd
Legendary

Activity: 1815
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 02:12:47 PM

many miners go to zcash, from the standpoint of mining vrt looks good, but price ... and a view of the future looks badly oh badly  Roll Eyes
Zcash does look interesting. I'm waiting for it to settle before I do anything with it. The price started around 1.5 btc and now it's around .2 btc . The creator of vertcoin made that .

zcash goes to the correct supply only, so the price quickly drops. Miners went where the money. Vertcoin any added value for 2 years, a year and will be typing to delist poloniex

▄██▄▄
        ▄▄█████████▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄▄██████████████████████▄▄
 ▀█████████▀▀   ▀▀████████▀▀
█▄▄ ▀▀█▀▀           ▀▀█▀ ▄▄██
█████▄     ▄▄███▄▄     ██████
██████    ▄▀▀███▀▀▄    ██████
██████    ███▄ ▄███    ██████
██████    ████ ████    ██████
██████     ▀▀█ █▀▀     ██████
███████▄▄              ██████
██████████▄▄    ▄▄     ██████
 ▀▀██████████▄▄███     ███▀▀
     ▀████████████     ▀
        ▀█████████
           ▀▀██▀

qortal

Decentralized Internet
Infrastructure of the Future

████████████
           ▄▄██████▄▄                       ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄                ▄▄█████████████▄▄
   ██████████▀▀█████████▄          ▄██████████████▀▀▀████▄
   ████▀▀         ▀▀ ████          █████████▀▀▀     ▄█████
   ███               ▀███          ████▀▀          ▄██████
   ██▀   ▄███  ███    ███          █████▄▄         ███████
   ██    ▀██▀  ▀█▀    ▀██          █████████▄     ████████
   ██  ▀▄▄       ▄▄█▀ ▄██          ██████████▄   █████████
   ▀███▄▄██████████▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▀███████████▄▄████████▀

██▄▄  ▀█████████████▀▀  ▄▄████████▄▄  ▀▀█████████████▀▀  ▄▄███
█████▄▄   ▀█████▀▀   ▄▄███████████████▄   ▀▀█████▀▀   ▄███████
▀████████▄▄  ▀   ▄▄████████▀▀  ▀▀████████▄▄   ▀   ▄▄████████▀▀
   ▀▀████████▄▄████████▀▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀▀████████▄▄▄█████████▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀  ▄▄██████████▄▄  ▀▀████████████▀▀
           ▀▀██▀▀  ▄▄███████████▀▀▀████▄▄ ▀▀█████▀▀
                   ████▀▀█████▀      ▀███
                   ████▄  ▀▀▀█      ▄████
                   ████  ▀          █████
                   █████▄          ▄█████
                   ██████▄        ▄██████
                   ████▀        ▄████████
                    ▀▀████▄▄▄█████████▀▀
                         ▀▀██████▀▀

████████████

▄▄▄██▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄▄
▀▀████████████████▀
   ▄ ▀▀████▀▀ ▄ ██
   ██▄▄    ▄▄██ ██
   ████████████ ██
    ██████████  ▀▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

QORTAL PROJECT WIKI

██▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀█   █▀ ▄██████▄ ▀█   █▀▀▀█▄ █
██▄   █▀▀  ██▀  █   ▀██ ▀▀██   ██▀█
█ █████   ██    █     ██   █████  █
██▀   █▄▄ █   ▄███▄    █ ▄██   ██▄█
█▀█▄▄▄█   █   ▀███▀    █   █▄▄▄█▀ █
█ █  ▀█▄▄ ██    █      █  ▄█▀▀▀█▄ █
███  ▄█▀▀  ▀██▄ █ ▄▄   █ ▀▀█   ██▀█
█ █▀▀██   █▄  ▀███▀█   █   ██▀▀█  █
███   █████    ▄▄  █  ▄█ ███   ████
█ █▄▄██   ██▄▄█▀   █▄██▀   █▄▄▄█  █
██▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄█

QORTECTOR

Obtain a QORTector Device...
Enjoy Free Internet... eventually.
  ....JOIN....
etang6000

Activity: 241
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 05:03:15 PM

Poramin didn't make Zcash (or Zcoin). His former professor at Johns Hopkins, Matthew Green, is an author on both of the papers describing these protocols ( http://zerocoin.org/media/pdf/ZerocoinOakland.pdf and http://zerocash-project.org/media/pdf/zerocash-extended-20140518.pdf ), Poramin Insom is not. The creator of vertcoin (Poramin) implemented zerocoin, first in a closed source scam called Zerovert, and now later in a hugely instamined coin called Zcoin. He is unaffiliated with Zcash (which is also scammy) afaik.

Ah, I was getting zcoin and zcash mixed up . I stand corrected
etang6000

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 05:04:10 PM

zcash goes to the correct supply only, so the price quickly drops. Miners went where the money. Vertcoin any added value for 2 years, a year and will be typing to delist poloniex
You think vertcoin is going to delisted from polo ?
VertyCoiny

Activity: 161

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 06:24:02 PM

If we were gonna get delisted, it would have been done months ago when all the other shitcoins got delisted.
Maybe in the future, who knows but i sure hope not
kahir
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 06:31:51 PM

many miners go to zcash, from the standpoint of mining vrt looks good, but price ... and a view of the future looks badly oh badly  Roll Eyes

If we were gonna get delisted, it would have been done months ago when all the other shitcoins got delisted.

polo next delist purge can come any time now ... i think this month or dec ... they use to delist coins every 3-6 months
etang6000

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 07:53:27 PM

many miners go to zcash, from the standpoint of mining vrt looks good, but price ... and a view of the future looks badly oh badly  Roll Eyes

polo next delist purge can come any time now ... i think this month or dec ... they use to delist coins every 3-6 months
I doubt they would delist vtc. There are times every couple months where the volume is pretty high.
etang6000

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 12:25:37 AM

I doubt they would delist vtc. There are times every couple months where the volume is pretty high.
Anyone have a compiled ccminer for a 1050 ti for Windows?
wgd
Legendary

Activity: 1815
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 12:34:21 AM

volumen is one of the most important criterion poloniex, is another's definitely development and view of the future. 2 years, there is no position group, if any.

so please Discuss efficiently, because soon we will trade vrt on yobit: D

▄██▄▄
        ▄▄█████████▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄▄██████████████████████▄▄
 ▀█████████▀▀   ▀▀████████▀▀
█▄▄ ▀▀█▀▀           ▀▀█▀ ▄▄██
█████▄     ▄▄███▄▄     ██████
██████    ▄▀▀███▀▀▄    ██████
██████    ███▄ ▄███    ██████
██████    ████ ████    ██████
██████     ▀▀█ █▀▀     ██████
███████▄▄              ██████
██████████▄▄    ▄▄     ██████
 ▀▀██████████▄▄███     ███▀▀
     ▀████████████     ▀
        ▀█████████
           ▀▀██▀

qortal

Decentralized Internet
Infrastructure of the Future

████████████
           ▄▄██████▄▄                       ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄                ▄▄█████████████▄▄
   ██████████▀▀█████████▄          ▄██████████████▀▀▀████▄
   ████▀▀         ▀▀ ████          █████████▀▀▀     ▄█████
   ███               ▀███          ████▀▀          ▄██████
   ██▀   ▄███  ███    ███          █████▄▄         ███████
   ██    ▀██▀  ▀█▀    ▀██          █████████▄     ████████
   ██  ▀▄▄       ▄▄█▀ ▄██          ██████████▄   █████████
   ▀███▄▄██████████▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▀███████████▄▄████████▀

██▄▄  ▀█████████████▀▀  ▄▄████████▄▄  ▀▀█████████████▀▀  ▄▄███
█████▄▄   ▀█████▀▀   ▄▄███████████████▄   ▀▀█████▀▀   ▄███████
▀████████▄▄  ▀   ▄▄████████▀▀  ▀▀████████▄▄   ▀   ▄▄████████▀▀
   ▀▀████████▄▄████████▀▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀▀████████▄▄▄█████████▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀  ▄▄██████████▄▄  ▀▀████████████▀▀
           ▀▀██▀▀  ▄▄███████████▀▀▀████▄▄ ▀▀█████▀▀
                   ████▀▀█████▀      ▀███
                   ████▄  ▀▀▀█      ▄████
                   ████  ▀          █████
                   █████▄          ▄█████
                   ██████▄        ▄██████
                   ████▀        ▄████████
                    ▀▀████▄▄▄█████████▀▀
                         ▀▀██████▀▀

████████████

▄▄▄██▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄▄
▀▀████████████████▀
   ▄ ▀▀████▀▀ ▄ ██
   ██▄▄    ▄▄██ ██
   ████████████ ██
    ██████████  ▀▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

QORTAL PROJECT WIKI

██▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀█   █▀ ▄██████▄ ▀█   █▀▀▀█▄ █
██▄   █▀▀  ██▀  █   ▀██ ▀▀██   ██▀█
█ █████   ██    █     ██   █████  █
██▀   █▄▄ █   ▄███▄    █ ▄██   ██▄█
█▀█▄▄▄█   █   ▀███▀    █   █▄▄▄█▀ █
█ █  ▀█▄▄ ██    █      █  ▄█▀▀▀█▄ █
███  ▄█▀▀  ▀██▄ █ ▄▄   █ ▀▀█   ██▀█
█ █▀▀██   █▄  ▀███▀█   █   ██▀▀█  █
███   █████    ▄▄  █  ▄█ ███   ████
█ █▄▄██   ██▄▄█▀   █▄██▀   █▄▄▄█  █
██▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄█

QORTECTOR

Obtain a QORTector Device...
Enjoy Free Internet... eventually.
  ....JOIN....
felix18yu

Activity: 156

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 11:17:47 AM

does anyone know why the price VTC exploded last year in June?
Thanks

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▶▶▶▶ Get Your Free Tokens Now ◀◀◀◀  First PoS Smart Contract Token
    PoSToken       Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
etang6000

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 02:32:39 PM

Thanks

Chinese pump
belmonty

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 02:49:41 PM

Thanks

Chinese pump

Vertcoin and most of the old altcoins that had a big pump in 2014 seemed to get pumped again last year in June. Mintcoin got pumped despite not having a dev. It might have been due to Chinese pumpers. Whoever was responsible must have been quietly acquiring all the coins before they did those pumps.
VertyCoiny

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 02:32:34 PM

Thanks

Chinese pump

Vertcoin and most of the old altcoins that had a big pump in 2014 seemed to get pumped again last year in June. Mintcoin got pumped despite not having a dev. It might have been due to Chinese pumpers. Whoever was responsible must have been quietly acquiring all the coins before they did those pumps.
This one wont be a chinese one, todays total volume is only 5% chinese.
Most of the volume is from Polo nowadays
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 02:07:35 PM

Thanks

Chinese pump

This one wont be a chinese one, todays total volume is only 5% chinese.
Most of the volume is from Polo nowadays
I too, have witnessed the awesome power of the Chinese markets. On their last pump of Vert, I noticed that the 24hr trade volume on VTC was over half a million pounds. These pathetic Polo pumps aren't even worth tuning into :-/
bolehvpn

Activity: 136

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2016, 04:17:39 PM

The closed source 'scam' is explained here:

When Zerovert was launched in November 2014, it was primarily an experiment and we didn't have any investor backing. We still wanted to protect our work and thus our only choice at that time was to make Zerovert closed source so that it could not be copied. However we quickly realized that in the cryptocurrency world, closed source software made it almost impossible for our project to be vetted and hence taken seriously so we were in a quandary.

Zerovert was originally intended to be part of Vertcoin's ecosystem however Vertcoin's community were not keen on it. Zerovert's also suffered from very poor performance and had huge scalability issues and therefore the project went silent while we figured out how to solve many of the challenges we faced with Zerovert.

We subsequently managed to fix many scalability issues and these changes have been incorporated into Zcoin. Starting afresh with Zcoin allowed strong investor backing from the likes of Roger Ver and allowed us to dedicate ourselves fully to this project rather than a mere experiment. With investor backing we also could finally make our code open source while still protecting our efforts. These considerations were what prompted us to wipe the slate clean with Zcoin instead of continuing with Zerovert which was never intended to be a serious project.

Instamine and founder's reward are pretty different. Instamines are created upfront while founder's rewards are spread across through the time and are transparent. This ensures that the founders cannot cash out immediately and are incentivized to keep development ongoing at least for the duration of the founder's rewards (4 years in Zcoin).

I spoke with Poramin has not ruled out returning to help out with Vertcoin development once he implements some important fixes with Zcoin. He had thought he had left it in good hands with two devs but when those devs moved on with life (working on startup and studying at MIT) Vertcoin's development was stalled. It wasn't the intention to 'abandon' Vertcoin and he spoke to me about how he wanted to implement EVM for Vert when has has time.

BolehVPN [Offshore, no log VPN|Accepts BTC, DASH and XEM]
TrueAnon
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 04:19:43 PM

VERI AND VERT sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G....no wait, DEAD.

lol
VertyCoiny

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 06:58:05 PM

VERI AND VERT sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G....no wait, DEAD.

lol
Not yet, still in coma
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 07:40:26 PM

I wonder how many of you know that Vertcoin creator Poramin Insom is coming up with a Zerocash competitor which is going to be launched very soon.

https://news.bitcoin.com/zero-knowledge-zcoin-launching-soon/    
http://zcoin.tech/about.html

There is a possibility of zerocoin implementation on vertcoin via sidechains as hinted by him earlier.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=404364.msg9632734#msg9632734

No wonder this coin has been under accumulation for so long!

In before polo troll box gets a whiff of this. Wink

Poramin did create vertcoin, but he also created a few other coins that had huge premines and we're deemed scams . He also was caught doing so pretty shady stuff . He was more or less asked to leave vertcoin or pushed out

What coins, what scams and what "pretty shady stuff"? Could you be more specific please? Also, does Poramin know that he is being slagged off so hard by the current "dev team" that he entrusted VTC to? This is a betrayal or a mutiny.
etang6000

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 08:03:39 PM

When Zerovert was launched in November 2014, it was primarily an experiment and we didn't have any investor backing. We still wanted to protect our work and thus our only choice at that time was to make Zerovert closed source so that it could not be copied. However we quickly realized that in the cryptocurrency world, closed source software made it almost impossible for our project to be vetted and hence taken seriously so we were in a quandary.

Zerovert was originally intended to be part of Vertcoin's ecosystem however Vertcoin's community were not keen on it. Zerovert's also suffered from very poor performance and had huge scalability issues and therefore the project went silent while we figured out how to solve many of the challenges we faced with Zerovert.

We subsequently managed to fix many scalability issues and these changes have been incorporated into Zcoin. Starting afresh with Zcoin allowed strong investor backing from the likes of Roger Ver and allowed us to dedicate ourselves fully to this project rather than a mere experiment. With investor backing we also could finally make our code open source while still protecting our efforts. These considerations were what prompted us to wipe the slate clean with Zcoin instead of continuing with Zerovert which was never intended to be a serious project.

Instamine and founder's reward are pretty different. Instamines are created upfront while founder's rewards are spread across through the time and are transparent. This ensures that the founders cannot cash out immediately and are incentivized to keep development ongoing at least for the duration of the founder's rewards (4 years in Zcoin).

I spoke with Poramin has not ruled out returning to help out with Vertcoin development once he implements some important fixes with Zcoin. He had thought he had left it in good hands with two devs but when those devs moved on with life (working on startup and studying at MIT) Vertcoin's development was stalled. It wasn't the intention to 'abandon' Vertcoin and he spoke to me about how he wanted to implement EVM for Vert when has has time.
We spoke to him on slack a while back he said he would like to come back and help but he was studying for his CISSP and would help us after Dec 28th. Also, I don't think we are going to EVM anymore . With the size of our team we would be able to keep up with all the forks . Maybe after all the bugs are worked out it would be better .
VertyCoiny

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 09:16:54 PM

We spoke to him on slack a while back he said he would like to come back and help but he was studying for his CISSP and would help us after Dec 28th. Also, I don't think we are going to EVM anymore . With the size of our team we would be able to keep up with all the forks . Maybe after all the bugs are worked out it would be better .
Why cant we join the slack?
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 »
  Print  

Jump to: