Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:36:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Preorders -- What did you get? | Who has the lowest order number?  (Read 15081 times)
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 01:34:41 AM

Goddamnit.  #1769.  I waited all day for this announcement, then went to my parents house to do some landscaping for them.  15 minutes after I leave, the announcement goes up.  Son of a...

Well damn, I probably should have ordered a few Singles to resell. Although because the price of BFL stuffs is tied to fiat, if BTC goes up I'd be losing coin.

I'm not sure if I should be saying it here but here it goes:
Sonny says that they're going to split the batch into 3 lines, not 2 as previously stated. The third is for upgrades only. This model is decided to be the most fair. So I guess you should be taking into account if the order has an upgrade and also the order gets a place in the line after its actually been paid for. So these numbers don't really mean much. Mine for example, is 1710 for mini rig upgrades.
Good to know -- thanks.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 01:53:09 AM

Although because the price of BFL stuffs is tied to fiat, if BTC goes up I'd be losing coin.

hehehe. *dons the tinfoil hat*  Which is precisely why they released when they did. The BTC price had just lulled down to about $6.40

Then after all the knucle heads get done rushing in to be first the price will jump back up, maybe to over $7 from all the rest of the knucle heads trying to buy BTC. ;p

*forgets to remove tinfoil hat*

So, let me get this staight. First shipment is not 'scheduled' until Oct but we are happy to give them money now 3 months+++ before then?

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 01:54:03 AM

Just ordered a couple hot peppers... hopefully they can keep themselves cool without needing a mug of coffee as a heatsink!

I would have upgraded, but I didn't have enough coins for 4x devices. Sad

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 01:55:55 AM

I just want to wish all of BFL's unsecured creditors good luck.

Something tells me there is going to be a shit-ton of unhappy folks around here during the holidays...
Place your bets! Betsofbitcoin has a couple waiting for some action....

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 01:57:12 AM

I just want to wish all of BFL's unsecured creditors good luck.

Something tells me there is going to be a shit-ton of unhappy folks around here during the holidays...

BFL promised a 60-day refund guarantee if they fail to meet shipping and/or performance claims.

Oops, read it wrong.  If it ships over 60 days late you can get a refund.
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 01:58:38 AM

So, let me get this staight. First shipment is not 'scheduled' until Oct but we are happy to give them money now 3 months+++ before then?

Precisely Cheesy

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 02:00:43 AM

Although because the price of BFL stuffs is tied to fiat, if BTC goes up I'd be losing coin.

hehehe. *dons the tinfoil hat*  Which is precisely why the released whne they did. The BTC price had just lulled down to about $6.40

Then after all the knucle heads get done ruashing in to be first the price will jump back up, maybe to voer $7 from all the rest of the knucle heads trying to buy BTC. ;p

they can double up by investing it with pirate by then
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 02:04:00 AM

hehehe. *dons the tinfoil hat*  Which is precisely why the released whne they did. The BTC price had just lulled down to about $6.40

Then after all the knucle heads get done ruashing in to be first the price will jump back up, maybe to voer $7 from all the rest of the knucle heads trying to buy BTC. ;p

Watch the value of BTC tank temporarily during the first few weeks after these things start reaching consumers.
1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2012, 02:05:11 AM

Pretty sure they're being paid in USD

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 02:09:16 AM

Yup. They have Bit-Pay configured to automatically convert BTC --> USD.

sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 02:11:42 AM

Yup. They have Bit-Pay configured to automatically convert BTC --> USD.

I thought Serge was refering to the Knucleheads giving BFL their money 3++ months early. ;p

Also, being that BFL have given themselves 60 days BEYOND the target date(which they made sure to fucking leave out). Then it is quite likey the first units will be 5++ months.

grats, suckers... =)

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 02:12:45 AM

Bit-pay is going to be stinking rich! Grin

1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2012, 02:13:48 AM

I thought Serge was refering to the Knucleheads giving BFL their money 3++ months early. ;p

Also, being that BFL have given themselves 60 days BEYOND the target date(which they made sure to fucking leave out). Then it is quite likey the first units will be 5++ months.

grats, suckers... =)

Personally, I'd not mind too much if they took an extra 60 days, that's 2 more months for my GPUs

JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 02:14:32 AM

Grr - not low on the MR  - 1710 is now Garr...

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 02:17:54 AM

Grr - not low on the MR  - 1710 is now Garr...

You mean giga?

ice_chill

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 02:23:42 AM

Why do people assume the counting began at 0 ? it might have begun at 1000 or even 1500 to make the company look big.
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 02:24:57 AM

Why do people assume the counting began at 0 ? it might have begun at 1000 or even 1500 to make the company look big.

See this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=89521.msg985357#msg985357

BitPay Business Solutions

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2012, 02:44:13 AM

The test orders that Steve and I put through to their database entries were 1650-1655. 

So 1656 and 1657 are the lowest order numbers after the page was made public.

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 02:47:14 AM

The test orders that Steve and I put through to their database entries were 1650-1655. 

Any word on what the highest order number is at present?
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 02:48:53 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2012, 03:00:49 AM by Garr255

Woot! I get the first ASIC!

Congrats on your huge success; Bit-Pay is a great tool.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: