Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:30:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Preorders -- What did you get? | Who has the lowest order number?  (Read 15084 times)
thatbluedude

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 12:26:37 PM

so did anybody get wire transfer details yet? or is this delay what they meant with serving bitcoin buyers first?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
t3h

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 02:54:55 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2012, 03:29:16 PM by t3h

2207. Ordered 4 Jalapinos. Hope we all get them at roughly the same time so we can all mine before the difficulty spike...

Also, every order number is not necessarily an actual order, I am also 2197, but the 15 minutes on Bit-Pay timed out before I could get to the end of the block chain and send the coins.
Smoovious

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Scattering my bits around the net since 1980

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 06:58:41 PM

If you send the coins to the payment address and it doesn't register with them until after the 15 minutes, they get alerted to the late payment.

If the coin's new exchange rate still covers the purchase, it will go through. If not, you get credited, and they will email you for the remainder.

I had a decent several-email conversation with Anthony and Stephen at bitpay.com, and they explained this process at a time I was concerned my delayed transaction would be lost.

They were pretty damned responsive to my emails too, I didn't have to wait long at all, at 10p EDT and later, on Saturday night, to get multiple replies to my questions, either.

I'm rarely impressed by payment processors, but this one definitely handled their business, and are worth dealing with.

BFL, could take several lessons from these guys about customer service.

-- Smoov
gonella

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 02:46:35 AM

Why dont they record a video showing the card working? I think it could be put more credibility on their business ..   
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 02:55:29 AM

2207. Ordered 4 Jalapinos. Hope we all get them at roughly the same time so we can all mine before the difficulty spike...

Also, every order number is not necessarily an actual order, I am also 2197, but the 15 minutes on Bit-Pay timed out before I could get to the end of the block chain and send the coins.

I got two of those,my wallet wasn't up to date,gggrrrrrrr  Angry

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
yxt
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 02:56:06 AM

Why dont they record a video showing the card working? I think it could be put more credibility on their business ..   

because there is no working device Cheesy

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 03:38:45 AM

from their website:

The BitForce SC chip is now in final stage development.  Initial product delivery is scheduled for October, 2012.
BR0KK

Activity: 784

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 08:56:41 AM

than they should make a pic of the final development process ... like they did with the old singles Cheesy

juggalodarkclow
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 11:23:26 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2012, 01:56:53 AM by juggalodarkclow

I just placed an order for the 8 pack upgrade and I'm # 2473

Grouver (BtcBalance)

Activity: 530

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2012, 07:21:33 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=89187.0
When product is ready on any given day (let's say 40 units) half of them ...

I wonder if this is a raw number of the first batch in October since we already got roughly 800 orders now.
I also wonder when the next batch will be then? The next month, the next 3 months? All we can do is speculate.  Cry
Can BFL please give us a number? Thanks.

thatbluedude

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 05:51:05 PM

just recieved my bank transfer information. On a friday at 8 pm. I wonder how many additonal places in the line the weekend delay is going to cost me.
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 06:25:42 PM

just recieved my bank transfer information. On a friday at 8 pm. I wonder how many additonal places in the line the weekend delay is going to cost me.

When you select the bank xfer option do they still send you a confirmation email with an order number? If so, that's your place in line.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 06:47:37 PM

When you select the bank xfer option do they still send you a confirmation email with an order number? If so, that's your place in line.

No, your place in line is determined by the date that the order is paid - instantly for BTC and whenever the funds appear in their account for wire transfer. Actually, your "effective" paid date for transfers is determined by the # days after they send the wire transfer info it takes for funds to arrive in their account. So, if you ordered on the 6/23, got the wiring info on 6/28, and the funds arrive in their account on 6/29, your effective paid date would be 6/24. The order number probably determines your place relative to other orders paid on the same day though.
||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 08:18:23 PM

Will be interesting how much the difficulty spikes when these all come online.

I think this needs more insight from BFL. And I have an open question about that to the forum BFL Engineer. BFL-Eng will try to get some more details. The reason it is importnat is kinda obvious, if they keep these prices, the ROI's will eventually take too long. So, I personally would not order any more equipment until I get that insight. Order numbers start around #1600 and I know they went over #2300 about mid week. Assume 800 orders, and average of 200GH per order on average (yeah that is random...but also the point is that we don't know where the hash rate is going). Anyway, that is 200GH/order x 700 orders = 140Thash to be added to the network hash rate just from initial to midweek orders. So, that could easily go to 300TH. Current difficulty is based on 12.5TH. So, difficulty will fly when network hash rate hits 312TH. So, go figure how long it will take you to pay off any BFL equipment if that is the case 1.5years? 2 years? Will the equipment even be warrantied for that long? So, it might be better to just buy bitcoins with current BFL hardware pricing. Orders in the first week or two are probably safe, but Im skeptical. Anyway, let's see what the engineer has to provide if/when he ever gets some details.

||bit
thatbluedude

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 08:21:01 PM

No, your place in line is determined by the date that the order is paid - instantly for BTC and whenever the funds appear in their account for wire transfer. Actually, your "effective" paid date for transfers is determined by the # days after they send the wire transfer info it takes for funds to arrive in their account. So, if you ordered on the 6/23, got the wiring info on 6/28, and the funds arrive in their account on 6/29, your effective paid date would be 6/24. The order number probably determines your place relative to other orders paid on the same day though.
exactly.
I'm just a little disappointed that they sent me the wiring info today, on a friday after the banks closed, so that I get pushed back two days in the orderline without fault of my own since my bank wont process any bank transfers till monday.
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 09:07:44 PM

exactly.
I'm just a little disappointed that they sent me the wiring info today, on a friday after the banks closed, so that I get pushed back two days in the orderline without fault of my own since my bank wont process any bank transfers till monday.

Well it's possible that they might go by working days so that people who get the wiring info on Friday aren't unfairly screwed, but they haven't said this. I'm hoping that when they email the final order confirmation, this will specify what the effective order date is.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 02:47:34 AM

Will be interesting how much the difficulty spikes when these all come online.

I think this needs more insight from BFL. And I have an open question about that to the forum BFL Engineer. BFL-Eng will try to get some more details. The reason it is importnat is kinda obvious, if they keep these prices, the ROI's will eventually take too long. So, I personally would not order any more equipment until I get that insight. Order numbers start around #1600 and I know they went over #2300 about mid week. Assume 800 orders, and average of 200GH per order on average (yeah that is random...but also the point is that we don't know where the hash rate is going). Anyway, that is 200GH/order x 700 orders = 140Thash to be added to the network hash rate just from initial to midweek orders. So, that could easily go to 300TH. Current difficulty is based on 12.5TH. So, difficulty will fly when network hash rate hits 312TH. So, go figure how long it will take you to pay off any BFL equipment if that is the case 1.5years? 2 years? Will the equipment even be warrantied for that long? So, it might be better to just buy bitcoins with current BFL hardware pricing. Orders in the first week or two are probably safe, but Im skeptical. Anyway, let's see what the engineer has to provide if/when he ever gets some details.

||bit

The average order is 200GH/s?! That's assuming we go by the data in this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=89685.0

At current there are about 900 orders (into the 2500s). That thread has 38 listed orders. That's a pretty small sample. But here's what those 38 orders have listed:

6 SC Mini Rigs
65 SC Singles
53 Jalapenos

That's (6x1000) + (65x40) + (53x3.5) = ~8.8TH/s.     
8.8THs/38 orders = ~230GHs/order, which is about your estimate.

However, almost half of that is one order for 4 SC MR, so that will skew the scale a bit high.
Now lets be more realistic and subtract Gigavps's 4 SC MR order, and assume that there are not 25 people willing to put 120,000 USD for multiple rack mount rigs. that brings us down to:

(2x1000) + (65x40) + (53x3.5) = ~4.8TH/s.
4.8THs/37 orders = ~130GHs/order.

Our sample rate is about 4% of the total orders placed to date, so lets assume all 900 orders average the same as these 38 (not likely, but it's all the numbers we have).
25x8.8 = 220TH/s. Close to 20x the current difficulty. Or
25x4.8 = 120TH/s. Close to 10x the current difficulty.

You're talking somewhere between these two numbers.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
dave3

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 03:02:18 AM

I received wire transfer instructions and had the wire sent out Friday (they should receive funds immediately the same day).  I received the email with the wire transfer instructions about 45 minutes after I went to bed, otherwise I could have sent it on Thursday.

In any case, everybody paying by wire transfer will probably be in the same boat with no wire transfers over the weekend, so I wouldn't worry too much.  The only competition for place in line would be new orders paid by bitcoin, I think.
sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 03:16:40 AM

Our sample rate is about 4% of the total orders placed to date, so lets assume all 900 orders average the same as these 38 (not likely, but it's all the numbers we have).
25x8.8 = 220TH/s. Close to 20x the current difficulty. Or
25x4.8 = 120TH/s. Close to 10x the current difficulty.

You're talking somewhere between these two numbers.

Don't forget to account for the order #'s that will not be paid or are just plain out fake. And that BFL had posted at about ~550 orders that everyone who ordered thus far 'should' be ok to get something. This was stated in a manner that was highly suggestive that they had reached their first run capacity in any effect. Then we also have to guess just how many of each type they actually have ordered for the first run.

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
Energizer

Activity: 273
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 04:12:29 AM

I've ordered 2 BFL SC Singles for BITNODES@GLBSE in the first mints! order # 1661
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: