Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:47:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitForce SC - Pre Order List  (Read 35822 times)
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 08:57:00 PM

I'm a little bit nervous as I have not received an email confirmation from Bit-pay, no confirmation from BFL, and I'm out ~209 BTC :|

Here's hoping they just got slammed again with orders on this stuff, they are a small operation, it's going to take some time to sort things out, and nothing sinister is afoot.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 08:58:17 PM

I'm a little bit nervous as I have not received an email confirmation from Bit-pay, no confirmation from BFL, and I'm out ~209 BTC :|

Here's hoping they just got slammed again with orders on this stuff, they are a small operation, it's going to take some time to sort things out, and nothing sinister is afoot.
You should have gotten an email instantly, if you used Bit-pay.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Paladin69

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 08:59:19 PM

If nothing sinister is afoot, then why not offer Dwolla and Paypal as an option like before?  The only payment options given are the ones where there is no accountability.
Grouver (BtcBalance)

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2012, 09:01:45 PM

they are a small operation, it's going to take some time to sort things out
This is not an excuse.
If you look how much money they are making, they could easily hire somebody wich is answering emails all day.
Really, if you read the forums about the average response time, BFL really drives away her customers.

Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 09:08:32 PM

That's what I figured, and that's why I'm nervous. Checked my spam inbox @ Gmail and nothing... Have already sent two support emails into Bit-Pay linking to the invoice URL I got, at least confirming the order.

EDIT: Just as I sent this, I got an email reply from Anthony (Tony) @ Bitpay informing me the URL is effectively the receipt and everything is in-order with the payment. Thanks Tony if you're reading this !
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 09:09:20 PM

i did not get a mail too and contacted bit-pay support.
they told me that they won't send a confirmation mail.
"Your order is good.  That comment is meant for orders placed through our
shopping cart, but right now it gets displayed on every receipt.

Just bookmark the URL of the receipt and that's all you need.  BFL's
database can take you from here.

Thanks"

this is what i got from bfl (prior to my payment):
"Thank you for placing your BitForce Jalapeno order.

This is confirmation that your order was successfully placed in our system.

If you've chosen an instant payment method and have completed that transaction, then your order is confirmed.  If you've chosen a payment method that requires additional information such as a bank wire transfer instructions, please stand by for an email from customer service within the next business day.

Kind regards,

Customer service team

BF Labs Inc. "

so i guess i am fine.
BFL-Engineer

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2012, 09:10:30 PM

Dear Xian,

Thank you for your interest in our products. As we speak, we have a backlog of about 200 emails. We process them as fast
as we can, so it may take a short while before we can respond to you. Rest assured, your order is in place.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

BF Labs Inc.  www.butterflylabs.com   -  Bitcoin Mining Hardware
Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 09:16:35 PM

Thank you for your interest in our products. As we speak, we have a backlog of about 200 emails. We process them as fast
as we can

Just as I suspected Wink Nothing sinister.

Thanks a bunch for the response, and really looking forward to your new product line !
Morblias

Activity: 576

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 09:18:30 PM

Dear Xian,

as we can, so it may take a short while before we can respond to you. Rest assured, your order is in place.

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

What about us that had to select the wire transfer? Are we going to get our email instructions soon? Why do you not accept paypal or dwolla?

Tips / Donations accepted: 1Morb18DsDHNEv6TeQXBdba872ZSpiK9fY
KIDC

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 09:30:56 PM

I didn't have time to get BTC together for 6 Single SCs, so I'm yet another who's waiting on BFL to email regarding a bankwire transfer. I'm checking several times a day to see if the form has changed to accept PayPal.

"He who controls the past commands the future. He who commands the future, conquers the past."
jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 10:03:03 PM

I was disappointed that the bit-pay receipt did not include a line-item listing of what was purchased.

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 11:16:33 PM

I was disappointed that the bit-pay receipt did not include a line-item listing of what was purchased.

I didn't get a receipt from Bit-pay, I got one from BFL. It looked like they were using a callback API or something. And the only detail mine had was the order number.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
cuz0882

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 12:31:19 AM

Dear Xian,

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

I emailed you 5 days ago and still nothing. Only 200 emails in 5 days? That or your just ignoring those customers who have already entrusted you with their money..
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2012, 12:41:07 AM

Dear Xian,

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

I emailed you 5 days ago and still nothing. Only 200 emails in 5 days? That or your just ignoring those customers who have already entrusted you with their money..

It goes further than 5 days.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 01:06:17 AM

I didn't get a receipt from Bit-pay, I got one from BFL. It looked like they were using a callback API or something. And the only detail mine had was the order number.

Seems sketchy isnt it? a reciept with just order number is gonna be wack to fight in court.

Also why does BFL have time to reply in forums but not in their own email system?

I meant reading forums post by post would take a hell lot more time and just click "reply" and answer their customer's email.

I can type much faster than 200 emails a day. They sure can do better.
abeaulieu

Activity: 295

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 02:10:22 AM

Seems sketchy isnt it? a reciept with just order number is gonna be wack to fight in court.

Also why does BFL have time to reply in forums but not in their own email system?

I meant reading forums post by post would take a hell lot more time and just click "reply" and answer their customer's email.

They don't reply very often on here. But one post on these forums is seen by most of those 200 people that sent those emails. Sounds pretty effective if you ask me.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 02:26:16 AM

They don't reply very often on here. But one post on these forums is seen by most of those 200 people that sent those emails. Sounds pretty effective if you ask me.

If its as effective as you said , we wouldnt see ppl coming to forums to complain. This isnt even their forums.

Any post on this forum is more of a general announcement/statement.

Their customers want to contact them to handle their request.

Have you seen any company does what you said in any other market?

gwillen

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 03:21:56 AM

I am in a similar boat to the person who complained earlier.

I opted to pay through bit-pay, never got any confirmation from BFL, just a redirect to a bitpay invoice with a 15 minute ticking countdown. I paid, checked that the transaction was visible on bitcoincharts, but unconfirmed of course. The countdown ticked to zero without any acknowledgement of my transaction (which has since gotten confirms.)

So... what now? I have an invoice page that says it's expired, nothing from BFL, nothing from bitpay, and I'm out 200 BTC...

I have emailed bitpay, with no response so far, to see what happened to my transaction. I am not happy about the total lack of any sort of confirmation, though, even if it did go through. And if bitpay declares that they didn't get the coins in time.... what exactly do they plan to do with them in that case?
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 03:28:39 AM

^^ reload that invoice page, it should show updated status

it would be great if BFL or Bitpay mailed the link and also confirmation email after payment clears.
gwillen

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 03:30:57 AM

^^ reload that invoice page, it should show updated status

it would be great if BFL or Bitpay mailed the link and also confirmation email after payment clears.

Whooooo, thanks Serge. You're my savior today. After refreshing, I do indeed see an invoice indicating payment in full was received.

Might be nice if they made the page refresh itself automatically, to spare me the heart attack. ;-)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: