Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:52:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin mining hardware help needed  (Read 1209 times)
baristor (OP)

Activity: 636
Merit: 262

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 09:17:55 PM

Hi guys I  am new to mining I can mine like .03 dark coins a day with my GPU Tongue

But i am planning to invest around 1k$ to purchase nice hardware for solo mining.

Any suggesstions ?S5 etc out of stock Sad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RJX
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

umachit.fund

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 12:37:56 AM

You want Spondoolies SP20

Check out this thread

Only 25 hours left to order special offer!

.UmaChit.Fund.
‎ ★
..Revolutionized Rotating..
..Savings & Borrowings.....

‎ ★
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ██████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 12:41:13 AM

Hi guys I  am new to mining I can mine like .03 dark coins a day with my GPU Tongue

But i am planning to invest around 1k$ to purchase nice hardware for solo mining.

Solo mining? Don't waste your time unless you have several PHs of equipment. You'll never find a BTC block mining with $1000 worth of mining gear.
baristor (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:22:02 PM

so what do i spend my 1k$ on ? Is it more profitable to poool mining ? Any idea on Roi for 1000 Gh/S equipment?
cyberpinoy

Activity: 1008
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 05:54:59 PM

Hi guys I  am new to mining I can mine like .03 dark coins a day with my GPU Tongue

Solo mining? Don't waste your time unless you have several PHs of equipment. You'll never find a BTC block mining with $1000 worth of mining gear.
Please do not do any of those pre-order situations, a lot of people got burned, and if people stop buying pre-ordered equipment the manufactures will stop offering it and will also force them to be scared and lower their prices drastically. play their game with them not against them Smiley

For 1000 dollars you can get some pretty good equipment, Just check all its electric efficiency, you dont want something that consumes more power than it pays you in the coin you will be mining.

Be careful and good luck.

baristor (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 06:12:37 PM

pretty good equipment doesnt cut it. shuld i try for the s5 miner ? Also can some 1 tellme how pool mining works and hows daily ROI for it ?
cyberpinoy

Activity: 1008
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 08:05:01 PM

pretty good equipment doesnt cut it. shuld i try for the s5 miner ? Also can some 1 tellme how pool mining works and hows daily ROI for it ?

Each pool is different. one of the highest payout pools right now is bitcoin affiliate network. ti is a PPS pool and he makes on time payments that you schedule. Mine is set to get a withdraw every 2 hours. Each pool is very different, most of your pools are PPLNS I do not kike those pools. and each pool calculates their PPLNS differently so your payout will be different for each pool.

Equipment has to be researched, a 40NM machine is going to cost more in electric than a 28NM machine. The s5 is not that bad, 590 watts for 1100 GHS is not that bad, you should be ok to make an ok profit there. I do not own an S5 My machines are Dragon miners and zeus miners. But i am looking to sell all of my dragons and get the S4s to replace them. Becasue they are more efficient than the dragons as far as electric usage. Because we are adding solar to our mining farm it means less money I have to spend. altho the electricity will be free after the install and solar is paid for, the amount of electricity I have to use makes a difference in my costs for solar. the more electric I use the more batteries and panels I have to purchase. So I also have to worry about my electric consumption.

baristor (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 11:01:42 AM

Each pool is different. one of the highest payout pools right now is bitcoin affiliate network. ti is a PPS pool and he makes on time payments that you schedule. Mine is set to get a withdraw every 2 hours. Each pool is very different, most of your pools are PPLNS I do not kike those pools. and each pool calculates their PPLNS differently so your payout will be different for each pool.

Equipment has to be researched, a 40NM machine is going to cost more in electric than a 28NM machine. The s5 is not that bad, 590 watts for 1100 GHS is not that bad, you should be ok to make an ok profit there. I do not own an S5 My machines are Dragon miners and zeus miners. But i am looking to sell all of my dragons and get the S4s to replace them. Becasue they are more efficient than the dragons as far as electric usage. Because we are adding solar to our mining farm it means less money I have to spend. altho the electricity will be free after the install and solar is paid for, the amount of electricity I have to use makes a difference in my costs for solar. the more electric I use the more batteries and panels I have to purchase. So I also have to worry about my electric consumption.

Sounds like u got a neat set up going already, can you tellme whats ur speed and hows ur costs  or mothly profits ? how long it took u to break even etc ?
bleeding2323

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

https://forum.positroncrypto.com/

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 04:03:02 AM

I run all antminer s4's on a 2kw wind generator. I mine on westhash, bitcoin affiliate and I make a pretty good profit.  The thing with graphic card mining is the power consumption and the space that is required.
In this day and age of cripto mining you need a lot of cool air, a lot of space.  and free or cheep electricity.

ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 07:37:52 PM

If you're thinking about solo mining with $1,000, I have a better way to spend it.

Give me the $1,000, I'll wear my biggest, hardest, steel tipped boots, then kick you square in the nuts with all my might.

That would actually feel much better than actually trying to solo mine for 100% loss...

If you could throw like 3 zeroes after that $1,000, you may have a chance though...

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
BTCish

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 10:40:17 AM

If you're thinking about solo mining with $1,000, I have a better way to spend it.

Give me the $1,000, I'll wear my biggest, hardest, steel tipped boots, then kick you square in the nuts with all my might.

That would actually feel much better than actually trying to solo mine for 100% loss...

If you could throw like 3 zeroes after that $1,000, you may have a chance though...

Nice one.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: