Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:28:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LTC halving but price going Down  (Read 2079 times)
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2015, 09:44:20 AM

the natural outcome of a halving is neutral. the value won't magically double just because the reward halved.

I think price will start to climb slowly because less ltc will be dumped on a daily basis by the miners. The only way price would magically double would be if the circulating coins were suddenly halved..

that's the positive way to word it. but what if miners drop out due to less rewards and stagnating value? hashrate goes down and remaining miners can dump as much as before

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
G2M

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 09:53:04 AM

the natural outcome of a halving is neutral. the value won't magically double just because the reward halved.

I think price will start to climb slowly because less ltc will be dumped on a daily basis by the miners.

This part literally makes you an idiot

The only way price would magically double would be if the total circulating coins were suddenly halved. But who would do this ... the amount of produced coins were suddendly halved? Fucken scumbag satoshi? Big fucken difference. Even, then, what retard decided that the total ltc in circ is halved? The price would be less than quartered.
The only way price would magically double would be if the circulating coins were suddenly halved..
This part is literally what he already wrote.

I mean .. should I give you a dollar and a quarter? Better yet, should I give you the cardboard and a marker?

The price will continue to depricate toward usd, because cc's are fucken retarded otw.

How TF is 'halving' even a thing?

Because some piece of shit decided he didn't want to code a continuous gradual deprecation?

Fuck off, I'll buy you when you're a tenth of a pence.

Wind picked up: F4BC1F4BC0A2A1C4

banditryandloot goin2mars kbm keyboard-mash theusualstuff

probably a few more that don't matter for much.
Blawpaw (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 01:49:04 PM

I think price will start to climb slowly because less ltc will be dumped on a daily basis by the miners.

This part literally makes you an idiot

The only way price would magically double would be if the total circulating coins were suddenly halved. But who would do this ... the amount of produced coins were suddendly halved? Fucken scumbag satoshi? Big fucken difference. Even, then, what retard decided that the total ltc in circ is halved? The price would be less than quartered.
The only way price would magically double would be if the circulating coins were suddenly halved..
This part is literally what he already wrote.

I mean .. should I give you a dollar and a quarter? Better yet, should I give you the cardboard and a marker?

The price will continue to depricate toward usd, because cc's are fucken retarded otw.

How TF is 'halving' even a thing?

Because some piece of shit decided he didn't want to code a continuous gradual deprecation?

Fuck off, I'll buy you when you're a tenth of a pence.

How can you even say that:

"How TF is 'halving' even a thing?"

of course the halving is a very important thing for every crypto... it establishes at corrects the demand and the offer. The halving is part of the crypto automated issuance strategy to avoid centralization...
saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 07:39:47 PM

it was already priced in as everyone likes to say. ltc was .08 a couple of months ago.

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 08:22:12 PM

may not be perfect, but todate litecoin is the best we have.

never let 'perfect' get in the way of better  Wink

Exactly, we are talking about "money"...
The $100 bill in your pocket doesn't come with a fancy, trick wallet that flashes blockchain stats...
"Money" is not a video game... or an incomprehensible Gen 2.0 platform run by arrogant ultra-geeks.

LTC does $5 million day after day via 1000s of Money transmitters...
You can hide 6 figures from your ex-wife or whomever... and sleep at night.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 05:10:21 AM

Here is what colbee has to say about it ...which is somewhat disturbing to say the least ..because it would also apply not only to asic ltc mining imho but also to btc mining imho Sad

Way above my knowledge comfort level on what is going on. But anyway here is the link below...some good points that make you think about why ..if they are correct...all equip
 from new data halls farms (both scrypt and asic) and used equip is going east asap it seems Sad

If what they say about having to dump to usd at that level every few days ...this could be imho somewhat 'daunting' to price unless adoption picks up again imho (I know zip)

Anyway here is the link

https://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/3lgxoq/litecoin_hashrate_analysis_post_halving/

Again no idea ..but it made me think (and shudder a bit) Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
stellargratis

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 06:27:35 AM

I think LTC has pump soon....
Slow but sure...  Wink Wink Wink
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 07:01:52 AM

I think LTC has pump soon....
Slow but sure...  Wink Wink Wink

well myself it is about the ltc to btc ratio ....i don't care about the price much of btc or ltc as long as the ratio is above 0.01 ltc to btc I'm more or less in.

This is on the 'notion' (remember this is me guys I know zip) anyway the notion that as long as LTC since halving is around 0.01250 more or less stable and
sideways I'm waiting to move ..what I'm currently mining in LTC and the 375 or so LTC I plan to move which increases a bit each day as i mine..been stalling
moving any since halving and this 0.01250 or so ratio since ..more or less (missed a 0.01305 or so move...) but anyway......when to pull the trigger and
move my above and beyond coin to btc (not all eggs in 1 basket etc etc)

The idea (currently) is the ratio WILL?...it more or less stay above 0.01 ltc to btc so it is safe enough (yeah right) and also IF IT EVER HAPPENS that the Bitcoin
devs get their 'nerd slap fight' over with with and get another patch up ..ideally with a somewhat kinda sorta plan ...that BTC would pop in price and LTC
would ride the coat tails with a higher ratio then the current (since halving) of about 0.01250 ltc to btc

as all such plans..of mine anyway....seems to be going 'sideways' big surprise

I also have 2500 LTC in a hoard on the same plan of btc popping and as a result of a btc pop back up to 400 or 500 usd then ltc would also pop and perhaps
(long odds) take a position again as THE alternative to btc ...ie back to the 15 or 20 buck range in price

would feel awful silly if that was to come to pass and my 2500 ltc mined hoard was already gone and most if not all of it xfered to btc Smiley

anyway as with all plans .....likely it will just stay boring and stay around 0.01250 no matter what the price of btc or ltc ....so hell that works too I guess

anyway I at least would like to know WHAT of the above would shake out for future decisions ..should the Bitcoin devs ACTUALLY get a consensus  and
see it backed up with a plan and an actual patch! Would tell us much on the kinda thing I'm doing ltc to btc anyway imho ..

but hell if it stays muddled and/or whatever in the 0.01250 range of ltc to btc that works too...but it soooooooo boring boring boring ...I needs some crypto
drama to pump up the use of crypto (ltc or btc) or drama to pump the price (btc devs consensus on a plan and/or say coinbase taking LTC or something)

whatever......the 'fence sitting' perspective for anyone interested Smiley If you can't beat a 'sideways' crypto universe you may as well adjust Smiley

(yawn: sideways yech!)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: