Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:02:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Halcyon v1.1.1.0 ~ NeoScrypt PoW and up to 100% PoS  (Read 73189 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
griffen1102

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 03:49:15 PM

So, anything in the pipeline?

If you're asking about the development, watch my GitHub.

BTW, is there any demand for an IRC client integration into the wallet?

I think that would be a good idea. It would give the people here a more direct channel to chat instead of the forums.

Forums are better because they're visible to everyone. Make it easy for outsiders to evaluate community size and activity level, to report issues and solve them, etc. IRC is just for talks.

It's not about the now, but the future. If Halcyon grows do you think new users would want IRC in wallet? I'm impartial to the IRC now, but might as well have it for the future right?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ph4nt0m

Activity: 591
Merit: 501

Scavenger of Crypto Sorrow

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 05:44:19 PM

So, anything in the pipeline?

If you're asking about the development, watch my GitHub.

BTW, is there any demand for an IRC client integration into the wallet?

I think that would be a good idea. It would give the people here a more direct channel to chat instead of the forums.

Forums are better because they're visible to everyone. Make it easy for outsiders to evaluate community size and activity level, to report issues and solve them, etc. IRC is just for talks.

It's not about the now, but the future. If Halcyon grows do you think new users would want IRC in wallet? I'm impartial to the IRC now, but might as well have it for the future right?

I think if we'll need it, we'll add it. A dead IRC channel isn't any better than no IRC channel at all.
griffen1102

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 01:49:25 PM

Here's the good word, we need a new exchange because FUCK that crap shoot cryptsy. I hate that fucking exchange and all in all its got a terrible reputation.
ph4nt0m

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 09:49:06 PM

Here's the good word, we need a new exchange because FUCK that crap shoot cryptsy. I hate that fucking exchange and all in all its got a terrible reputation.

What's wrong with Cryptsy? They don't delist coins with low trade volume at least.
dickwhite

Activity: 225

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 12:26:31 PM

What's wrong with Cryptsy? They don't delist coins with low trade volume at least.

Their volume is tanking.
ph4nt0m

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 02:02:35 PM

Their volume is tanking.

They also have too many shitcoins listed. I mean those abandoned by the devs ages ago. You can hardly find any full nodes or block explorers for them yet they are still traded there and pumped/dumped occasionally. OTOH there are Trex and Cex who list/delist dozens of coins every month no matter if these are maintained or abandoned.
griffen1102

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 04:54:45 PM

Cryptsy is just such an awful exchange. Their UI sucks, their support sucks, and they already have a terrible reputation. As I type this I am dealing with login issues on their shit exchange.
ph4nt0m

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 09:29:56 PM

I think Poloniex could be a good choice.
griffen1102

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 01:50:46 PM

I think Poloniex could be a good choice.

I agree, poloniex has improved their exchange 1000-fold from when it first launched. It also looks like it's the "main" exchange for alts as of now.
griffen1102

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 01:53:15 PM

ghostlander, just sent some HAL your way, hope the donation address is still valid.
sulfurtank

Activity: 592
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 02:48:20 PM

The only problem I have with it is discouraging withdrawals while dropping trading fees. They now charge 0.5% of your funds when processing withdrawals. I guess that the reason behind removing the fees is that they can invite manipulators and create fake volume. It happened with bittrex where coin had thousands of btc's in volume (with very few btc's support in buy/sell books) thanks to a few ppl. This exchange is about to die just like bittrex did.
ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1239
Merit: 1020

No surrender, no retreat, no regret.

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2015, 11:34:02 AM

ghostlander, just sent some HAL your way, hope the donation address is still valid.

Thanks, it's valid. Every donation coming in gets staked there.

About stealth transactions in HAL. Are they needed really? There was a proprietary HAL wallet for these once upon a time. This is an old story. Dan Metcalf added support for these anonymous transactions using his XC code, advertised it to be reviewed and working properly, so Prometheus could pump HAL to 50K sats. Of course, this code has been never open sourced. SX may be added in several ways, but the most practical are either dual key addresses with ring signatures as implemented in DarkWallet and SDC, or a more complicated solution with master nodes like in Dash. Zerocash doesn't seem optimal. If there are other competitive designs, I'm all ears.

"If you've got a problem and have to spread some coins to make it go away, you've got no problem. You've got an expence." ~ Phoenixcoin (PXC) and Orbitcoin (ORB) and Halcyon (HAL)
griffen1102

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 01:41:22 PM

Thanks, it's valid. Every donation coming in gets staked there.

About stealth transactions in HAL. Are they needed really? There was a proprietary HAL wallet for these once upon a time. This is an old story. Dan Metcalf added support for these anonymous transactions using his XC code, advertised it to be reviewed and working properly, so Prometheus could pump HAL to 50K sats. Of course, this code has been never open sourced. SX may be added in several ways, but the most practical are either dual key addresses with ring signatures as implemented in DarkWallet and SDC, or a more complicated solution with master nodes like in Dash. Zerocash doesn't seem optimal. If there are other competitive designs, I'm all ears.

Like you said I don't think it is entirely necessary. Would only really help if we were trying to become a darknet coin.
ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2015, 10:15:40 PM

The PoS reward limit will be reduced to 100% in less than a month. No more reward reductions scheduled.

"If you've got a problem and have to spread some coins to make it go away, you've got no problem. You've got an expence." ~ Phoenixcoin (PXC) and Orbitcoin (ORB) and Halcyon (HAL)
bitmaster1x
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

CRYPTO-CITY.COM 🌟 Communities

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 03:31:43 AM

Please add multisend to the new wallet. Thank you.

ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 07:56:20 AM

Please add multisend to the new wallet. Thank you.

Does anyone else need it?

There are another thing up to debate. Our PoW mining seems weak. There are just a few miners on our pool and about as many solo miners. The network hash rate is a matter of a few hundred KH/s at the best. Other NeoScrypt powered coins such as PXC and ORB operate with ~5 MB/s each. FTC is moving ~100 MB/s at this moment. The proposal is to implement merge mining with FTC on the PoW part. Our PoS part remains independent. Merge mining with FTC allows us to secure the network much better and to improve relations between our communities.

NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 11:56:14 AM

So just a quick question what is the best way to divide your staking chunks up for this coin since the max POS reward you can get is 250 coins? I am just wondering what other people are doing for their staking so that I can get a rough idea of how I would like to approach it Smiley Cheers

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

ph4nt0m

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 07:16:57 PM

So just a quick question what is the best way to divide your staking chunks up for this coin since the max POS reward you can get is 250 coins? I am just wondering what other people are doing for their staking so that I can get a rough idea of how I would like to approach it Smiley Cheers

The max PoS reward is 5 HAL. I think those defaults set in the code work just fine.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 07:41:34 PM

The max PoS reward is 5 HAL. I think those defaults set in the code work just fine.

Okay cool thanks mate I really appreciate the answer Smiley Cheers

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2015, 11:48:48 AM

HAL switched successfully to up to 100% PoS rewards after block #420K.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: